All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 pm 

I have returned, and extremely happy to be back!

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Chris happily sat where she indicated, and took in the scene around him when she ventured off for a few moments before ordering their drinks. For himself, he ordered only a single malt scotch. It was nothing overly strong, but then - he wanted to keep his senses sharp. Besides that, he was sure the drinks here were much more potent than the average ones at other similar locations. Part of this he figured would come from the supernatural people who frequented the establishment. However, for Gabrielle, he ordered a quadruple distilled scotch with a 95% / 184 proof rating. It was said this particular scotch was to replicate one from something he had read about describing such a drink in 1695. Considering how old Gabrielle likely was - and her mention of strong drinks - he figured this particular brew would suit her nicely. Both drinks arrived from the same waitress as before, but her reaction to him was indifferent this time. Where before there had been a predatory sense from her - now it was as if she was completely uninterested. Chris wondered if this had anything to do with his dragon companion...as if the woman knew she could not compete with Gabrielle....or had not desire to tangle with her.

Either way, Chris was content, and patiently waited for her return.

With Gabrielle gone - Chris found himself more free it seemed. Her presence was powerful, but it was more than that. It was his own overdue desire to meet her again, and now that he had - it was to find himself in the presence of the most beautiful woman he had ever met. The fact that she was a dragon only seemed to increase the attraction he had for her. Sure, he knew Gabrielle was a beautiful woman. He still remembered what she looked like that night so long ago, but the perceptions of a child versus that of an adult were vastly different. Never in all his young life had he been so enchanted by any woman. Perhaps, part of that had come from already being enchanted by her for nearly 20 years. No woman had ever really been given a chance with him, because he was always focused on her. Now, however, he realized the situation had changed rather considerably. Here he was about to have drinks literally with the woman of his dreams, and she wasn't just any woman.

She was an ancient being of fire, strength, beauty, wisdom, and power.

She was a dragon!

With his mind more able to focus on his surroundings once more; Chris glanced around briefly as he waited on her return. A few eyes passed over him with interest, but no one stared. He kept his senses sharp, but more to defend his mind and heart than to explore his environment. Something told him that it would have been a mistake. He had, perhaps in retrospect, already attracted too much attention to himself with his desire to find Gabrielle. It was only just now occurring to him that he might have drawn attention to himself with his unusual usage of his mind and soul...something most mortals had not yet learned to use in concert. Surely there were others present who had powers of mind and soul, and may have even picked up on his abilities. Such would certainly make those who belonged to the shadowy world of magic and myth take note of him.

Even so, the deed was done, and she had not only been found...he was here with her.

Her return washed over him like the soothing warmth of a blazing fireplace. His attention was instantly on her as she sat down. Part of him warned that his mind would be overthrown if he did not shield it, but he refused to hide himself from her...not even his soul. He was with her, and if she wanted him...he would not resist. Another part of him noted that she would not want a slave, though, and this caused Chris to find some part of himself to remain true.

This, however, was much easier than he anticipated. For his true self was not enchanted for her fiery presence, but enchanted simply from the magic as old as the dawn of time...that of a woman.

"Here is your own drink," he whispered still in awe of Gabrielle as he handed over the special scotch to her - hoping she liked it. Only then did he bother to take a couple of swallows from his own glass. As he suspected, the scotch he had ordered was at least twice as strong as the average single malts. His eyes widened briefly as he took the savory strong drink in, and licked his lips a bit afterwards...savoring the taste and effect.

He found himself gazing deeply into her divine eyes, and took a deep breath of her scent. "Gabrielle, I cannot express to you all that is inside me for this moment...I have not the skill with words...not even if I had all the languages at my command. There is so much I want to know...to say...to share and express," Chris began...his voice nearly as warm as the fire inside her. "I know this may seem so odd...so...silly, but...I have never thought of another woman since that night. I never dated or courted a single one of them; for none of them could compare to you." Chris gulped hard. Was he saying too much...telling her such so openly so soon? Not that he could have hidden anything from her. While his mind might be warded against other people trying to peek in - Chris was as open to her as a book. It wasn't that he was likely to keep any being of true power out for very long, but he would at least know. With her, however, he didn't even try to hide.

Chris did not look away from her eyes. It wasn't that the rest of her was any less appealing, but it was as if he was willing to show her all she could wish from him. He had heard of such things in his research over the years called soulgazing. It was not something most mortals could do with each other except on some minor level from time to time. With beings of power - that was another matter entirely, and now he offered her the chance to see:

Respect
Desire
Passion
Curiosity
Love
Devotion
Wonder
Enchantment
Kindness
Gentleness
A strong mind and heart with a keen sense for details and tactics.
Protectiveness

It was all there for Gabrielle to read even as he reached across the table to take one of her hands gently in his own.

κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
That here, obedient to Spartan law, we lie."

Epitaph of Simonides

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace