All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm 

I have returned, and extremely happy to be back!

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Their thoughts were mirroring each other on the challenges ahead. It was clear to him that Alethea understood the grimness of the situation. The future was created by the past...an excellent way to put it, and if someone desired to change the past...so changed the future with it. He had the distinct feeling they were racing against the clock, but they could do very little without first arriving at their destination...from which they were some time away from arriving at. Impatience would do them no good.

"Yes, we must arrive there as soon as we can, and immediately investigate this problem. I do not trust this whole thing, but until we arrive...I see little we can do. The moment we arrive; we may not be greeted very nicely. I doubt anyone on that station wants two Jedi snooping around to uncover their plans. Perhaps we should jump out of hyperspace a bit earlier, and proceed from the other side of the storm...using it as cover. I can only imagine how much energy the storm is putting out, and thus likely would shield us from being detected. In this way, we may gain some small measure of surprise over whoever is running this operation, and may even allow us to get some readings on the storm before we have to deal with the station," the young Sentinel thought aloud to his companion. "We will need rest as well, I think, before our arrival. I doubt very much we are going get any once we get there."

This was very likely going to be the case. Just from the images he had seen so far; rest was not going to be in high supply. He paced away from Alethea for a moment, and back again...his keen young mind wandering over the possibilities they were soon to be faced with. A glance up at her showed the determination in her eyes that had come into her tone earlier. Thal-ion knew without a shadow of doubt that this was just the beginning for the two of them. Challenges were ahead...perhaps some unlike any Jedi had ever faced before. He wondered what to say next, but nothing came to his mind. Already it was so full of the things he was working on...tactics to deal with the station, examining the problem of the battleships blockading Naboo in the past, the whys and whos of the situation, and Alethea - herself - were all on his mind.

Oh, he could not have denied even if he had wanted to. Alethea was on his mind...mostly in his subconscious thoughts, but there all the same. She was there, because of the new sensations he had no experience with coming from her...and from himself towards her. She was there for the troubles they would soon face together. She was there from the recent practice duel they had engaged in...in the brief touches they had shared...in the way she had helped him remember the battleships of the Trade Federation. Alethea was very much in his thoughts.

Short of Master Tionne - no other person had taken up so much of his thoughts than the woman he now gazed back at. Not Master Kirana Ti, not Lady Skywalker, not Jaina Solo...no one had ever had so much of his thoughts until this moment. Why did not matter to the young Sentinel. What mattered was they were going to be doing a lot together...even facing life and death together.

"Have you ever seen Lady Skywalker talking to her husband?" he asked out of curiosity. It was, perhaps, a rather strange question considering all they were already dealing with, and yet he felt it somehow important. "I was just wondering," he added, "because they are so close when one is able to see them. I saw them one time...just once, actually, in this particular fashion. She came over to him," Thal-ion continued a bit haltingly. "He seemed faraway...pondering something at the top of the Temple spire....just gazing out over the sky. The moment she came to him...he was instantly lighter...as if she had chased his shadows away with her mere presence. In the Force, they radiated energy such as I had never....well...never experienced before. It was so powerful....yet gentle...strong, but tender...it was....incredible!" Thal-ion's voice had grown softer...more thoughtful and tender...his eyes showing how much this particular moment he had witnessed had his curiosity.

κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
That here, obedient to Spartan law, we lie."

Epitaph of Simonides

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:24 pm 

Medals: 4
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Alethea had to agree. It was unlikely that they would receive a pleasant greeting. Whoever was doing this, they no doubt had less than pure intentions, so having two Jedi snooping around on their station definitely wasn't going to be something they would be particularly fond of. The latter portion of that statement, however, she wasn't quite sure that she agreed with. It was a solid plan, to be sure. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that she got a very strange feeling about it.

If they did what he suggested... Would that be the very thing that caused his visions? Would they find themselves spinning into that storm, only to disappear, thrown into the past, as his vision had shown? She couldn't help but wonder. Of course, there was a chance that she was being overly cautious and the events he had seen would take place after they escaped the station, but she still couldn't shake the feeling. Perhaps, however, this was how it was meant to be.

"Perhaps. If that is what you wish to do. I would, however, advise that we be very cautious if we do. Especially as we pass the storm," she replied, her eyes appearing thoughtful. "I just... have this feeling," she added before shaking it off and replying to the latter statement. "You're right, though. We should get some rest. We are going to need it, and who knows when we will get another chance," she agreed with a nod.

Despite having said this, she made no move to leave, but rather watched curiously as he paced back and forth in the room, his mind full of thoughts. As she wasn't really consciously attempting to avoid hearing these things, she inadvertently brushed his mind, taking in a few of his thoughts before shutting them out, not wanting to invade his thoughts. She didn't really see much, but she could have sworn that somewhere among the other thoughts, she saw herself. Nevertheless, she decided it probably didn't mean anything and moved on.

Just as she had convinced herself of this, he spoke up again, and her gaze met his, her head tilting curiously, wondering what exactly he was getting at. It really seemed sort of random, all things considered. She was sure he had his reasons, though, even if they were beyond her in that moment. She smiled gently as he spoke, nodding when he had finished. "It is pretty incredible. I wonder... What that must feel like," she wondered, more to herself than him, though her eyes remained on his.

She recognized the change in his voice, and in his eyes as he spoke. She wasn't sure what exactly it meant, but the difference was worth noting. That wasn't the only thing she wondered, though, as she was still wondering what it was that made him speak about this. What made him think about that at this particular moment. Her eyes showed her curiosity, the question lingering in them, but she dared not ask.

"The line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines." - Klaus Mikaelson.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 pm 

3rd Year (1)

He didn't respond to the curiosity mirrored in her eyes as to his question...as to why he had brought up Mara and Luke. It was not something he fully understood either, but something had been important about speaking to her about the two Skywalkers. He shook his head as if to clear it, and snorted just a bit.

"Sorry, I...I am not sure why I brought that up," he confided with a slight shrug. "Yes, rest is a good idea," he added a moment later while still gazing at her. In the back of his mind; Thal-ion wondered what was going on, but instead he simply said, "I will think more on some kind of plan, and be mindful of your warning. It very well could be that there is no best way to approach this place from which the threat seems to stem from. The nav computer should warn us when are getting ready to arrive at our destination. I think I shall retire to my room. G'night, Alethea."

The way he said her name was different...softer, kinder, almost sweet, but still very respectful. He, himself, didn't even notice the change in his voice. As he bowed slightly to her, and turned to leave...he found his thoughts still dwelling on not only the situation they were heading into...but on his Jedi companion. A strange thought came to his mind.

'She is quite beautiful, and shines in the Force,' came the thought from deep within his spirit, and Thal-ion blinked in surprise just as he was entering his quarters.

What had made him think such a thing? Oh, it was true enough, but when had he ever paid attention to the attraction of women before? When had he ever taken notice before? Thal-ion Serr was actually quite puzzled. He shook his head in confusion and amusement at the same time. For the thought was not unwelcome, he found, nor untrue, but it was mysterious.

'Perhaps it comes from me never having been alone with a Jedi my own age of the opposite gender,' he silently told himself. He went over to the bunk, and sat against the wall before pulling out his tiny flute.

Sometimes, when he meditated, he would use his music to further add to the peace and focus such meditation was suppose to bring a Jedi. This time, he felt it was right to do so, and without even thinking about what he wanted to play...he put the flute to his lips, and his fingers began to dance over the holes. A moment later, his music quietly echoed throughout his room...flowing with the Force as he began his meditation. The music held nothing that was written, but was purely instinctive...as if Thal-ion were picking up the notes from the Force. Softly, he wove the music as he meditated to restore his peace and center, but he did not notice in the music that the notes were warmer...softer...even tender.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

Alethea got no response to her curiosity. Although... did she really expect to? After all, she hadn't actually asked the question, even if her eyes had. "No, it's fine. You don't need to apologize," she spoke up quickly, wanting him to know that it hadn't bothered her, even if she wasn't quite sure she understood the reason. Her eyes remained focused on him as he spoke again, telling her that he would think more about a plan, then told her he was going to retire to his room. She felt a small tinge of disappointment somewhere inside, even as she knew it was necessary.

It took her a moment to get out of her own head and realize that the way he had spoken her name this time was... different. It was softer, almost sweet. It confused her. Yet she couldn't ask. Truth be told, she didn't even think he realized it, let alone had an answer for why. "Good night, Thal-ion," she replied, her own voice soft and sweet, barely above a whisper. She quickly returned his bow and watched him leave, lingering there for a moment, lost in her own mind again, as she often was.

What was going on? What was this feeling? Why was he acting differently now? No, it wasn't just his actions, but also his voice and his eyes that were different. Why? Yet, for all her searching, she came up empty. She sighed softly to herself, shaking her head and heading into her own chambers. Yet, even so, her thoughts lingered on him, as well as on all that was to come. They still had to decide how they were going to approach the station. She thought that he was probably right about there not being a best way to approach it. Regardless, she would think on it and try to come up with something, if she could.

She entered her chambers and took a seat in the middle of the room, as she had before. She might have chosen to sleep instead, but given the current state of her mind, she thought that meditation was a better choice. She took in a deep breath and let the thoughts flow out of her as she exhaled. She then opened her mind to the Force, allowing it to flow freely through her, with a single exception. She blocked Thal-ion from her mind, whether to avoid a repeat of last time, however unlikely, or to keep from accidentally reading him and seeing or hearing something she wasn't meant to. There was so much she wanted to know, answers she wanted to find, but for once, she didn't want to find them by searching. She wanted him to open up and tell her. Somehow, in this one instance, she felt that it would be much more satisfying this way.

As she began to meditate, the objects in the immediate vicinity began to float around her. Moments later, she heard a somewhat familiar sound. Was he... playing his flute again? That's right. He said he sometimes played it to help him meditate. Somehow, this time, it seemed different than before. It was not a piece she'd ever heard, and she wondered if it was a written piece at all. That, however, was not the key difference she noticed. Instead, it was that the notes themselves seemed different somehow. They seemed warmer, softer, tender, even. She wondered about that.

She immediately dismissed the thoughts, focusing her mind back onto her meditation, allowing the music to flow into her mind. She could feel the music pull her deeper and deeper into her meditation, as though it were flowing through the Force and into her, tugging her deeper and deeper. The deeper her mind delved into her meditation, the more objects began to find themselves uprooted from their places on counters and tables, instead floating in the air. The area that was affected grew larger and larger until it encompassed nearly the entire ship as her mind slipped away into the Force, no longer shielded, instead accepting everything through the Force without reservation or conscious thought. Everything flowed into her mind unhindered, just as the Force flowed through her, rejuvenating her, freeing her mind from everything that had burdened her before.

"The line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines." - Klaus Mikaelson.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm 

3rd Year (1)

Items within Thal-ion's room began to move with the power of the Force even as he played a song wrapped in the Force as it flowed through the room. He smiled slightly to himself as he watched the items begin to levitate, and could sense Alethea's presence more than he had ever been able to do before. Without a single conscious thought; Thal-ion's music moved with the Force in answer to the levitating items from Alethea's own meditation. The young Sentinel let it all flow through him...the music, her presence, the way the various things in the room shifted and flowed...all of it he took in to himself, and let his own essence flow back out through the music he played. Not even when he played with Master Tionne had it been like this...not even close. The flow of the Force was so powerful, and yet not overwhelming. He felt himself not only relax, but happier than he could ever recall being. The burdens of the visions were replaced by the sensation of his new friendship with Alethea. Where he had begun to let worry consume him; now it was only joy and delight....peace and harmony. It was unlike anything he had ever experienced in any previous meditation before.

There was just the slightest hint of a thought in the very deep recesses of his young mind. It whispered ever so softly to him as he continued to play his tiny flute.

He was playing for her...for Alethea...for the Jedi woman even now sitting in her chambers meditating.

The Force continued to flow through him...between his music, the various floating objects...between himself...and her.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:02 pm 

Alethea didn't even realize the extent of the levitation she had unconsciously caused. It had been a side effect of her meditation for almost as long as she could remember. The Force flowed from her, always searching, always probing, but one day, not long after she'd started her training, her master had told her that not only was the Force reaching out and exploring, feeding her information, it had also begun to effect the world around her. After that she had to be more careful about where she meditated. All of the furniture in her chambers was bolted to the floor and she never left anything fragile lying around, as it would most likely break if she was broken from her meditation involuntarily.

Despite her lack of conscious thought, the music still had a rather profound effect on her. It continued to pull her mind deeper into the Force. With this, it also drew her mind closer to the source of the music, the boy whose fingers danced across the flute. Somehow, it seemed as though he were playing for her, yet she didn't know why, or why she even knew that when she was neither consciously monitoring her thoughts, nor intentionally taking in his. Still, with the deeper state of meditation, she could no longer block him out, so it seemed that her mind inadvertently brushed against his. That was one explanation, anyways. The other possible cause would be whatever bond they shared growing deeper, making it more difficult for her to block him out completely. Whatever the reason, it was fortunate that he was also in a meditative state, so there were no real thoughts for her to encounter. If she had to take it too much information, it might break her meditation, and then who knows what might happen, given the rather extensive reach she now held.

In actuality, the levitation field, if you will, now extended beyond the reaches of the ship itself. Should something disrupt her focus, it was very likely that the entire ship would be affected. It probably wouldn't damage the ship, but it'd likely be a rather abrupt jolt, which would be a little unpleasant and, without knowing the cause, probably a bit worrisome. Overall, it'd be harmless, but unpleasant nonetheless.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

3rd Year (1)

Thal-ion sensed a change in the Force as he continued to meditate through his music. It was as if the Force was magnified somehow by the flow of the music, and his concentration added to Alethea's. The whole ship felt alive with the Force they both were still learning to understand. For every note he played; he felt as if he were sitting next to her in her cabin. At other times, it felt as if she were right there in his cabin with him. The flow between them was uninterrupted, smooth, and yet held a strength to it. In his deep meditative state; he could feel her mind brush against his own. Thal-ion welcomed her there...as if she had always been there, and always would. He gave no conscious thought to accepting her presence. He simply did so. Peace, tranquility, wonder...these flowed through Thal-ion as the music continued. The ship, itself, was so alive with the Force as objects throughout it floated and danced, and the young Sentinel realized such was coming from Alethea. He did not disrupt this beautiful moment, but took it in, and let it flow back out in the notes he played through the Force.

Yet, as relaxing and enchanting as this was...sleep was also needed. As if nudged by the Force; he sensed it was time to bring his music to an end...for the moment at least. Thus, the notes began to go lower...and lower...the end approaching even as Thal-ion slowly drew his meditative state back to conscious thought. Something told him not to end the song abruptly, and he obeyed this warning. Gently, the song came to an end, and with it Thal-ion opened his eyes...taking a long slow deep breath. How long he had played; the young Jedi could never recall, but he felt more centered than he could ever remember feeling. Sleep hovered nearby, and he smiled slightly to himself as he put the little flute down...watching as the items for a bit longer as they floated before he closed his eyes, and laid down.

"G'night, Alethea," he whispered into the darkness of his cabin as he allowed sleep to start claiming him. He briefly wondered why he had said that, but soon his mind was drifting to sleep along with the rest of him.

Epitaph of Simonides

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 pm 

Alethea could feel the music slowly drifting away, getting softer and lower, as though the soft were coming to a gentle end. This kept her from being abruptly pulled from her meditation, instead allowing her to slowly pull her mind back, or rather allowing her mind to drift back to her. It was smooth and gradual and, for whatever reason, the music almost seemed like a lullaby at that moment. She felt as though the fleeting melody were taking her consciousness with it. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling, but rather somewhat relaxing.

She remained in a lighter meditative state for a short time even after the music stopped. This kept the objects lightly floating in the air, but the ship itself was no longer affected by her meditation. As her mind bordered on consciousness, she thought she heard, or perhaps felt, Thal-ion bid her good night. "Good night, Thal-ion," her mind somewhat instinctively responded through the Force, although she wasn't sure if he would hear it or if he was already asleep.

It didn't take long before she, too, drifted off to sleep, while still sitting in her meditative position. As her mind drifted off to sleep, the objects that her been floating, herself included, slowly lowered to the ground. When sleep finally came, her body fell backward so that she was laying in the middle of the floor in her chamber, in the same place she had been before. It wasn't an abrupt enough drop to hurt her, or even to wake her up from her somehow deep slumber, but enough to make a soft, dull 'thud' sound that barely echoed in her chamber. Just like that, sleep claimed her and she remained in that place, not waking for some time.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:12 pm 

3rd Year (1)

Sleep...it was a very necessary thing for any person to do, and no less so for a Jedi student. Having slipped into the world of dreams after the most amazing meditation moment he had ever had; Thal-ion found himself in perhaps the most beautiful place he had ever imagined. There was a lake of such clear crystal blueness with soft ripples flowing over it from a gentle breeze. There were trees of such divine green...deep and rich, and a small elegant cottage in a kind of half grove facing the lake. He was older it seemed...perhaps five years older, but he really couldn't tell. He was attired entirely in a rich deep emerald robe...plain without decoration. His eyes were on the lake...taking in this beautiful scene...the richness of the Force around him, and a soft smile played across his lips. His arms were gently folded across his chest even as the rising sun continued to shine upon the crystal blue lake. Where ever this was; it was early morning, and absolutely breathtaking.

He sensed he was not alone, but the scene did not change for him to see any more of his surroundings. A new smile came to his face in the dream...one of recognition and delight...as if he sensed someone nearby and knew they were approaching.

Alethea

That was the name which came to his mind in the dream, and he did not question it. He wanted to explore the dream...to see what was going on, where he was, was she behind him...and all the other little questions that came up, but the dream softly faded into another and another...as dreams often did.

As Thal-ion slept, the same soft smile crossed his face. There were no nightmares for change...no dreams of impending dangers, or troubles from the past...or ones still to come in the future. It was a true moment of rest.

Another dream showed him at the very top balcony of a building which spiraled far into the night sky with a massive city gleaming all around. He knew this place...it was the old Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but he had only seen images of it from his studies with Master Tionne. This time, he wore only a simple white robe over the rest of his Jedi apparel. If he remembered correctly the balcony he now stood on was one from the upper most part of the old temple near the Jedi Council chambers. Again, he sensed Alethea with him, but this confused him somewhat. After all, the Jedi Temple of the Old Republic on Coruscant had long been destroyed. In the dream, Thal-ion closed his eyes, and breathed in Alethea's presence even as he saw her coming from behind him.

Never had his dreams been so peaceful...so wonderful and enjoyable; nor his rest been so perfect.

And...the smile on his face continued until the ship's nav computer alerted him to them coming out of hyperspace soon.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:50 pm 

This was a rather rare occasional for Alethea, as she was often unable, or perhaps unwilling, to sleep when she was on a mission, or even sometimes when she was at the temple. It wasn't because she often found her mind riddled with nightmares, although that happened from time to time. Instead, it was because of her gift. Much like when she was awake, her mind, through the Force, reached out, always searching. While she slept, however, she had no conscious control over what she saw, or whose mind she entered. She often found herself lost in the dreams, or sometimes the nightmares of others.

No one had ever complained of her affecting their dreams, so to the best of her knowledge, she had no actual effect on others, she simply found her mind bombarded with dreams. It was, however, not improbable for her to actually enter a dream and have some effect, given the nature and extent of her abilities. Most probably wouldn't notice, as most tended to forget their dreams when they awoke, and even if they remembered, they would likely pass it off as simply a part of the dream. A master would likely feel her presence and notice the change, though, so if they had, they'd never mentioned it to her.

As she often did when she slept in relatively close proximity to another, she soon found herself in the dreams of her companion. Given the nature of the dreams, it was easy enough to tell that they were not her own. Still, each dream was beautiful in its own way, peaceful. That, however, was not what her mind focused on. Instead, in each dream, she found herself walking towards him, and in each dream she could feel his recognition in the Force. He felt her presence. He knew she was there. His reaction was more than mere recognition, but a feeling of happiness, delight, even. This confused her somewhat. Not that it bothered her. She felt a strange sense of happiness knowing he felt this way in her presence, even if it was a dream. Was it really just a dream, though? She wondered about that.

Eventually she heard the ship's nav computer in the distance, pulling her back to reality, away from her, or rather his dreams. She woke up somewhat groggily, but oddly rested, considering that she'd spent the night in his dreams instead of her own. She sat up, stretching a bit and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She stayed like this for a moment before slowly standing up, stretching some more as she did, trying to rid herself of the stiffness in her muscles from sleeping on the floor.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 pm 

3rd Year (1)

As Thal-ion came awake; he wondered if it had all been just a set of dreams, or if he had somehow shared them with her. Yet, the toning from the nav computer pulled him more towards current events than the dreams. He found himself much more awake than normal...alert, ready, relaxed, focused, centered...the best rest he had ever had. After stretching, Thal-ion went out of his cabin, and made his way to the cockpit. Since they had agreed she was the better pilot earlier; he instinctively took the co-pilot's chair. He silenced the alert with the flip of a switch, and prepared to bring the ship out of hyperspace. They had never changed their course, and now it was likely too late to do so. It was just as well since Alethea's thoughts about being so cautious going near the storm were a valid concern. Now, as he flipped some more switches to bring the ship out of hyperspace - he figured she was right.

A few moments later and the stars returned to their normal view. Almost immediately, his sense of the Force was different...darker and strange...as if jumbled and wrong. His brow furrowed with both confusion and concern, and he started scanning the area using the ship's sensors. They were about thirty-minutes from the mysterious station...black as the void of space itself except for the brilliant green beam glowing from it towards a rippling light effect behind the station. Instantly, Thal-ion began to guard his mind...not daring to leave himself open when so much was unknown of their situation. The station, itself, could barely be seen...even with the glowing green beam and light show behind it. Whatever material it was made from; the sensors had trouble even scanning the station. It was almost as if the instrument readings slid off of the surface of the mysterious object. He wondered what that meant, but there were other concerns. The light...that green beam of light...that concerned him the most. Every instinct in him said this was creating the strange storm that somehow was affecting time. Calmly, he brought the freighter's defenses up knowing they would soon need them, and made sure the ship's maneuvering thrusters and sub-light engines were ready for battle. The shields came up, the weapons were armed, and the time was approaching when they would soon be finding out what was going on.

Part of him said they needed to board the station somehow. This was not impossible since he was sure they could likely cloak the ship in the Force...even if just long enough to slip aboard the station.

"Emerald Dawn, this is Research Station Omega. Can you hear us, Emerald Dawn?" came a panicked male voice over the comm system, and Thal-ion's eyebrows rose in amazement. "She's gone mad!!! More and more people are going mad! Please, we need immediate assistance!!" the voice begged.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:05 pm 

Alethea only took a few moments to stretch before she stood. She felt surprisingly rested for how little sleep she'd actually gotten. Good. She would need all the strength she could get for what was to come. She took a deep breath and headed to the cockpit, where she found Thal-ion sitting in the co-pilot's chair. She took her seat in the pilot's chair and looked at him as he readied the ship to come out of hyperspace. "Good morning," she greeted him.

Seeing as how they had never changed course, she supposed that they had opted not to go with the alternative plan Thal-ion had suggested. Not that they had time to at this point, even if they wanted to. She thought that was just as well, since she thought that sticking with their original course was a better, or at least less risky plan. She didn't think they would avoid whatever was to come just by taking this course of action, but perhaps they could at least put it off long enough to get what they had come here for.

She felt the small jolt as they came out of hyperspace and the stars returned to normal. She immediately frowned just a little as she felt the Force in this place once again. This time it was stronger, although she wasn't quite sure if it was because this time she was physically in this place, or if it was because whatever this station was doing had further twisted it. Either way, it was dark and twisted, strange. She didn't like it at all. It appeared to her that her companion had also noticed this, as his brows furrowed and his face showed confusion and concern as he scanned the area with the ship's sensors. Unfortunately, they didn't really show much. Strange.

Her eyes focused on that giant beam of green light. Was that was had created the storm? She couldn't say for sure, but that was what her instincts told her. Somehow, they needed to board that station and find out what was going on. Perhaps they could cloak the ship somehow? She didn't get a chance to finish this train of thought before the voice of a man came over the comm system. She frowned and looked to Thal-ion, as if to ask what he thought. Meanwhile, her mind reached out in the Force to find the man. They weren't far, but it was off course. Still, she couldn't turn down someone who needed help, not when she could do something for them.

She looked at Thal-ion once more, as if to give him one last chance to object, and then she changed their course. "The is Emerald Dawn. Hold on. We're on our way," she replied over the comm, taking them toward the waiting ship.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:49 pm 

3rd Year (1)

The call was apparently coming from a small personal shuttle, but it was now adrift some place between the epic black station and the raging storm. As soon as Alethea turned the Emerald Dawn to intercept the distressed shuttle; Thal-ion decided to reach out with the Force carefully. He wasn't sure what would happen if he let himself reach out completely; for the Force felt strange and unbalanced here. What he found as stretched out with the Force was the small ship tumbling a bit out of control away from the station, but also moving slightly towards the storm. He wondered what had caused such a mishap, but then felt the panic of the only person aboard. The man was scared straight out of his wits. For a very brief moment; Thal-ion could see from his point of view the storm growing slowly larger from the viewport of the man's cockpit. It was no wonder the man was going insane with fear.

He did not have Alethea's talent for telepathy, but empathy came fairly well to him. Even from this distance; Thal-ion could sense the man's fear of entering the storm. At the rate Alethea was speeding them towards the tumbling ship...he knew they would reach it in time. They flew past the station at flank speed, and Thal-ion prepared to latch on to the ship to stop it's tumbling. Master Skywalker had always taught them that size did not matter when moving things with the Force. It was a lesson he had taken to heart, and he knew without a doubt he could do it. Part of this belief came from knowing Alethea would not allow him to do so alone. Part of it came from a simple faith in the Force. Besides that, Thal-ion knew they only needed to stop the ship from tumbling further. He could sense the ship had power still, and thus the pilot could regain control. Yet, the mind of the pilot made even this action almost futile. Even if they stopped the ship from tumbling; there would be no way the pilot could maneuver it home. They would have to use the grapple to snag the poor little shuttle.

Knowing this, Thal-ion prepared the grappling hook even as Alethea brought the Emerald Dawn in swiftly towards the distressed ship.

"This is going to be cutting it close. I can only hope we can save the pilot and found out what happened on the station. I have a bad feeling the storm they created has started making them go mad like those reported to have come near this place," he told his companion even as he prepared to take aim at the shuttle.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 am 

Alethea wasted no time in speeding toward the shuttle, knowing that hadn't a moment to lose. She took comfort in the fact that she knew that, at this speed, they would reach the shuttle before it reached the storm, and without having to get too close. Still, she was cautious, especially as she reached out with the Force. She didn't want to open her mind too much and risk seeing too much, either because of those on the station, or because of the storm itself. Instead, she limited herself to the man in the shuttle and Thal-ion, who she kept her mind open to so that she could aid him in stopping the shuttle with the Force when the time came.

As she reached out to the mind of the man, she used the Force to try to calm him and to block the things he was seeing from his mind. It wouldn't take away what he had seen already, but at least she could shield his mind from any more of these storm-induced visions. The calm she gave him was a sort-of artificial calm, as she merely transferred her own calm onto him, but it was enough to temporarily stave off the intense fear he'd felt that prevented him from doing even the simplest of things.

As they approached the shuttle, she looked to Thal-ion as he spoke, giving a nod in response. "We will make it in time. Whether or not he will be able to voluntarily tell us anything about what happened is another question entirely," she replied calmly. Of course, even if he couldn't tell her, she could find the information easily enough, but it would be best if he could tell them, all things considered. "I think you're right. The storm has grown even since we began our journey. Perhaps it has gotten a little too close to the station and it is now affecting those aboard. Whatever the reason, we have to proceed with caution," she added before focusing her attention back on the shuttle, which grew ever closer.

She set the autopilot to continue on their current course, at a significantly slower speed, so that she was free to aid him in moving the shuttle. She looked his way and when he was ready, she reached out through the Force and, with his help, changed the course of the shuttle. She let out a sigh of relief before taking control of the navigation once again and closing it on the shuttle until they were within range to use the grappling hook.

She fired the grappling hook, latching onto the shuttle and then readjusting their course to head away from the storm. They had gotten a little too close for comfort, and she was beginning to feel a bit of strain from having to protect not only her own mind from the storm, but also the mind of the man in the shuttle. The quicker they distanced themselves, the better. Of course, even as they distanced themselves from the storm, she could still feel its pull, so she couldn't let her guard down, not until they were safely distanced, out of its reach.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:22 am 

3rd Year (1)

Thal-ion was extremely glad of his companion's piloting abilities, and more so for her sense of urgency. Once she had helped him stop the shuttle from tumbling; she had wasted no time in attaching the grappling hook to the tiny shuttle. This close, however, to the storm made it difficult to concentrate. He found himself keeping his mind sternly protected from the effects he could sense battering away at his mental defenses in the Force. It was unlike anything he had ever experienced, but all his training in guarding his mind against unwanted visions now paid off. For a ship the size of the shuttle; the Emerald Dawn had the ability to dock with her. Knowing this, Thal-ion left the cockpit while Alethea got them away from the storm as quickly as she could. He briefly looked back to flash her a grim smile of determination before vanishing to make sure they docked with the shuttle they had rescued.

He wasted no time in carrying out the procedure necessary, and once the shuttle was reeled in...there was a light thud indicating the two ships now flew as one. Making sure the seal was tight before opening the hatch; Thal-ion took a deep breath. Even with his mental defenses up; he could sense the man had passed out from whatever had happened to him. The warning of insanity and chaos reigning on the station made him wonder just how bad it was over there before opening the hatch. Deftly he stepped through, and made his way to the cockpit only to find the pilot passed out half out of his chair. He shook his head as he noted most of the systems in the cockpit were shorted out, and wondered just what had happened to this poor man. He was dark haired, tall, lithe, and wore a white science lab coat over an Alliance uniform.

The uniform caught the young Jedi off guard rather badly. If this person was a member of the new Galactic Alliance; then was the station made by the new government? Was the Alliance aware and even responsible for the station and temporal storm? This rose too many dangerous questions, and forced Thal-ion to scoop up the unconscious officer swiftly. Soon, he was carrying him back aboard the Emerald Dawn, and laid him down on a small sofa the main area held. On the wall nearby was a comm unit, and this Thal-ion now used to contact his partner. Sure, he could have used telepathy, but considering how the Force felt at the moment...he figured her own mind was as guarded as his own.

"Alethea, he is unconscious at the moment. Whatever happened to his ship; the cockpit systems were fried. He couldn't have escaped even if he had wanted to. Whatever is going on over there on that station...it can't be good. Oh, and we have a rather disturbing clue," Thal-ion began to report. He paused...not wanting to tell her, because saying it aloud seemed to make it all the more real. "He is an officer and scientist of the Galactic Alliance."

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 pm 

Alethea continued to focus on putting some distance between themselves and the storm. Because of their current position, this also meant putting some distance between themselves and the station, at least for the time being. That couldn't be helped, though. Even if it seemed like at least a part of the station's crew was struggling because of the storm, there was no guarantee that everyone was affected, so she couldn't take the chance of getting too close right now. If she did, she wouldn't be able to focus on the man they had saved and whatever information he might be able to provide.

She didn't miss Thal-ion's grim smile, but she didn't return it, as she had other things to focus on. She trusted that he would be fine carrying this task out, and the determination she had seen in his eyes and that smile made it so that she wasn't worried in the slightest. In fact, she was rather confident in this entire course of action. She was confident in his ability to handle his part of it, and she was confident that they would find something of use from the man.

As she prepared to find somewhere for them to stop for a short time, until they could figure this out, she heard Thal-ion's voice come over the comm unit. The man was unconscious, his ship was out of commission, and there was a clue. She didn't reply right away, waiting for him to speak up again after a brief pause. The man was an office and scientist of the Galactic Alliance. "I see," she responded in her usual calm voice, seeming less bothered than she perhaps should have been. It wasn't that she wasn't bothered at all, she was. There were a few reasons why she wasn't worrying about it right now. First, from the brief look she had into the man's mind, she had sort of suspected as much. Second, there were other explanations besides the Alliance being behind it all. Whether or not those options were likely, they were still possible. Lastly, they would have definitely answers soon enough. There was no point in worrying and trying to find answers they wouldn't find when they just had to wait a little longer for those answers to reveal themselves.

"Alright. I'm going to find us somewhere that we can wait for him to wake up, unless you have any objections," she replied over the comm, waiting for his reply while she searched for any viable options nearby.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm 

3rd Year (1)

"Under the circumstances - that sounds like a terrific idea," Thal-ion responded back before closing the comm unit with the flick of a switch.

He gazed back at the unconscious Alliance officer, and decided to see if he could find some kind of identification on him. It didn't take long. Attached to the man's lab coat was a name badge complete with position and rank.

Lt. Commander Ander Dumas
Temporal Lab Technician - Class 2

Thal-ion did not know many people in the Alliance military; so the name meant zero to him. The position, however, was not a good sign: Temporal Lab Technician - Class 2. Whoever this man was; he was at least partly responsible for the raging temporal storm they were even now racing away from. As the man slept; the young Jedi glanced over his facial features. It was a gentle face...one that seemed more use to dealing with academics than combat. There was not a sense about him in the Force as to being dangerous, but Thal-ion's guard was still up. This was an exceptionally strange situation, and all was not likely as it appeared.

A couple of things sprang to his mind as to why the Alliance would have an officer aboard that station. The first was the most obvious answer: he was there as part of the Alliance team who designed the station to create this storm...for whatever reason. There was, however, a second possibility. Lieutenant Commander Dumas could have been part of an investigation team sent by the Alliance to ascertain the station's potential from some other group or powerful person. The chance even existed that Ander was a captured technician in the pay of the Alliance military, but forced to work for whoever was really running things on that station.

None of those three options in his mind were good ones. Each one held grave consequences and indicated some rather dangerous possibilities. He could, of course, do nothing really until the man woke up. Which seemed to be soon; for Thal-ion soon heard him stir and moan quietly as if he were coming to. For a reason he could not immediately fathom, but did not shake away...the idea of having his lightsaber out came to his mind. Thus, Thal-ion pulled up a chair from the dejark table, and smoothly pulled out his lightsaber...letting it rest lightly in his lab with his hands.

Another moan...slightly louder than the first, and the first moment of blinking his eyes. Ander was awakening. Thal-ion let a tiny tendril of thought touch his partner to inform her of their patient awakening. He knew she would want to be here for this, and hoped she had found a place for them to remain out of the way.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:52 pm 

Alethea hadn't expected him to disagree with her chosen course of action, but she was still grateful that he agreed with it. "Right. I'll search for a place," she responded before doing just that. She knew for a fact that there were no planets nearby, so she would have to make due with whatever she could find. It wouldn't be the first time she had done something like this and she suspected that it wouldn't be the last, either, all things considered.

Not far off she found some asteroids. It wasn't exactly ideal, but if she could find a one that was big enough, she could set them down. It was only temporary and it would also serve the dual purpose of hiding them from prying eyes, so she thought it would likely be fine. With that in mind, she headed for the band of asteroids.

As she neared the largest one she could find, which was large enough for their ship with room to spare, and readied the ship for landing, she felt Thal-ion reach out through the Force. The man was waking up. She opened her mind up, knowing that they were now outside of the reaches of the storm, if only barely, and she wanted to keep an eye on things, just in case. She had to focus on landing the ship for now, but she would still use the Force to watch where she otherwise could not.

She took them to the asteroid and put the ship down on the massive rock before going through the landing procedure, short of turning the ship off. They wouldn't be here for too long and she wanted to be ready to leave right away if need be, so the ship stayed on. She then got up from her seat and headed into the main area where Thal-ion and the other man were. She noted that Thal-ion had his lightsaber out but she left hers on her belt for the moment, although she was ready to grab either of them at a moment's notice. The man didn't seem to be fully awake yet, which was good. That meant that she hadn't actually missed anything.

"Hey," she spoke up, to alert him of her presence, if he hadn't already sensed her through the Force. "Anything yet?" she asked, despite it seeming as though nothing had.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:03 pm 

3rd Year (1)

Thal-ion felt Alethea land the ship so smoothly that there was little jolting when the ship did so. Even as this registered to him; the young Jedi continued to watch Lieutenant Commander Dumas as he stirred himself to coming awake. Though Thal-ion's face was wiped smooth of emotion; deep inside he was massively concerned over finding an Alliance officer possibly being involved...willingly or otherwise. When he heard Alethea greet him; a very brief smile crossed his face.

"Nothing yet," he said quietly as his eyes continued to gaze upon the semi-conscious officer. Another moan escaped the man's lips before his eyes blinked open...at first slowly, and then more rapidly as if taking in his new surroundings. Thal-ion remained perfectly still...watching...his lightsaber still resting in his lap with his right hand lightly touching it.

The man began to look around startled by his change of scenery, and took in both of the new people now before him...one standing...one sitting. In both instances, Thal-ion noticed he was quick to take in threats...weapons and such, and Ander's eyes widened when he took in the lightsaber held in Thal-ion's lap.

"Jedi?" the officer whispered in a questioning tone. There was a hint of hope to his voice, but fear as well was laced in his tone. "Does Skywalker know?" Ander added.

Thal-ion turned briefly to Alethea and then back to Ander. "Yes, we are Jedi from Master Skywalker's academy on Ossus. As for what our Master knows...that is another matter. We heard your distress call, and came to rescue you. Perhaps you could tell us what happened to you," the young Sentinel suggested.

Ander glanced from one Jedi to the other and back to Thal-ion. He pursed his lips...licking them as he began to think of what to say. It was clear there was much tell, but Ander seemed to wonder where to begin. Confusion crossed his face...and pain...both of which he seemed to try and shake off as he sat up. Still he said nothing...as if it was difficult for him to organize his thoughts.

Thal-ion exchanged a look with Alethea that conveyed his concern. Though he had not her gift with telepathy and reading people in the Force; even so he could tell this man's thoughts were a jumbled mess. Whatever had happened to him on the station had been traumatic. He thought back to the briefing from Master Skywalker...of the reports concerning madness that had claimed those who had come near this area. It occurred to him that such might be partly the problem with Ander.

Finally, the officer spoke again, though his words were halting and broken up, "Madness...she is completely mad. Project Backstab unstable...too dangerous...insanity......! Crimson....death.......failure......too much power....death, change, tricked.....lost...we are all lost!" Ander's words became more and more desperate and fearful as he spoke...his voice growing louder. Thal-ion's brow furrowed as he listened to what Ander was saying, but the emotional turmoil he felt coming from the man was more than enough to convey a strong sense of peril for everyone.

When he had said the word crimson; it sprang to Thal-ion's mind a woman tall and lithe wearing a skin tight body suit as red as blood, and in her hands were a pair of lightsabers with crimson blades...her hair as red as her blades. The woman's skin was pale, and her dark blue eyes held death and obsession in them.

Thal-ion blinked the vision away, and again glanced at Alethea...the concern now plain on his face. Ander, however, simply huddled himself and began rocking back and forth in an attempt to comfort himself. He closed his eyes in pain and whimpered with fear.

Epitaph of Simonides

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:04 am 

Althea examined the man as he took in their presence, noting that they were Jedi and looking at them with hope in his eyes as he asked if Master Skywalker knew. Thal-ion answered the question, so Alethea simply stood next to him, using the Force to read the man. For the moment she was reading him for the truth in his words, and just in case he left something out. Depending on how things went, she may dig deeper. She wouldn't do that unless it was necessary, though. Considering the state his mind had been in before, she didn't imagine it was a whole lot better even now.

The man's face showed pain and confusion when he tried to come up with an answer for Thal-ion's question. His thoughts at that moment seemed so disorganized, so jumbled that she could see why he might have difficulty putting those thoughts together to form some coherent explanation. She returned Thal-ion's look, as if to confirm his concerns.She once again found herself wondering if it was the effects of the storm, which had caused the others to go insane, reaching the station and beginning to do the same to those aboard. It wasn't improbable, although she couldn't rule out other possibilities at this point.

She tilted her head a bit as the man finally spoke in halting, broken pieces. She tried to piece together what he was trying to say with thoughts in his mind, but there was little in his conscious thoughts that was of any help. She could dig deeper if the need arose, but she once again held off for the moment, instead trying to decipher it without doing so. She tried to put together pieces that she thought might go together first.

She caught Thal-ion's brief vision of a woman with red hair, red blades, and a tight red body suit. It fit the description of crimson. For the moment, she would choose to assume that this woman was the "she" in question. The one he claimed was completely mad. The rest wasn't too difficult to decipher. Project Backstab must refer to the station and the storm, which had become unstable and dangerous. It was causing insanity, as they suspected. The words change and tricked led her to believe that the purpose of the station had originally been something else, but it was changed, perhaps? They had been tricked. By the woman?

She reached out with the Force, using it to calm the man once again, as he had grown increasing fearful and now huddled himself, rocking as though trying to comfort himself. The pain and fear he felt practically radiated off of him, Force or not. This certainly was a mess that they had gotten themselves into, and a dangerous one at that. Nevertheless, she focused on calming the man, who visibly relaxed and eased under the artificial calm, until he laid down on the sofa and seemed to be in a temporary state of relaxation that bordered on sleep.

She then turned her attention to Thal-ion with a contemplative look on her face. "What do you want to do now?" she asked, still appearing to be considering something. "I can go into his mind and try to organize and piece together his thoughts. That would give us a better idea of what's going on, and it might help to heal his mind a bit. But I've never done anything this extensive before, so it will take time, and there's no guarantee of what I'll find, or how much it will help him," she explained her thoughts, wanting to know his thoughts on whether or not he thought it was worth it, or if they should simply proceed with their mission and head back to the station.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next