All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One Night With The King
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Braiden woke up early as always. Only this morning was different for all the others. Blinking slowly to clear the sleep from his mind and re-orient himself in the new room he now found himself in. Slowly memory of yesterday filtered through his waking mind. He'd married last night and now shared his marital bed with his wife. Looking over at the beauty who'd become his yesterday he smiled. Usually his morning would involve waking in his chambers to then dress and ready himself for the day. Eat a quiet breakfast brought in by is valet before he was went to the training fields were he would spend the hours from waking to dawn practicing his weapons of choice. Training his personal guards and watching over their far more intense training. They had to work with him and in sink with him, so he was dedicated to insuring their training was the best and their skill lived up to his expectations. It also instilled trust in his man if he was seen in the fields of training with them. It was also why he competed in the tourneys and jousts, though not for any of the royal tournaments as that was designed to show the strengths of arms and curry royal favour.

This morning however, would be dedicated to reviewing reports as his wife was not yet awake. Rising slowly so he didn't disturb her rest he got himself ready for the day and soon found himself sitting at his desk in the antechamber to the bedroom where a stack of reports for his reviewing had been left along with ink and parchment so he could write up any documents that were needed. He could always call a scribe to do this for him, but Braiden believed in doing the work himself to insure it's validity and in the event of official documents sign and seal them himself so they couldn't be forged.

A small breakfast sat next to him from which he picked at as he read through the documents. The fresh bread and fruits along with seasoned dried meats were some of his favourites. This was what he considered a relaxing morning. Usually reserved for the sabot when he was required to be at church for morning services and where he didn't hold training for his man. Since he gave them that one day of rest, though they still had royal duties to perform in insuring his safety. He was idly wondering what he would do today, he knew he would have to take his wife out for a ride around the local towns to insure that they knew the face of their Queen. He didn't necessarily have to do this today, but maybe it would be a good ice breaker for her to get her used to the new home she would not be occupying. The culture and customs of his realm was different then her own and he didn't want her to feel like she might embarrass him in court if she didn't know them intimately. Since they had so rarely had true contact outside of writing he didn't know how extensive her education had gone into his people. Even though they had been promised and then fiancé at a young age that didn't mean she knew all about his people. He hoped she wouldn't feel too overwhelmed with the differences.

His thoughts wandered back to the taxation reports he was reading and he made a note to have one of his advisors check into why this town had yielded a tax year that was lower then the previous. If his people were struggling to make taxation there might have been a deeper problem then just the regular yearly struggles he'd have to take into account and rectify. He didn't want his kingdom weak in any way. It wouldn't do. After all if his kingdom was weak then he was susceptible for attacks from not so friendly neighbours.

@Shades

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:55 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Esther used to wake up really early, as soon as the sun was up. Not this morning, though. Last night had been a full one. Well, to be honest, the entire day had been a very long one, even though it had been a happy day. Marrying Braiden had not been a bad thing, not at all. Esther had been promised to him since she could remember, and the letter exchange with him had always been friendly and pleasant. But now things were different.

She was a wife now. A wife to a man she had met a few times, living in a country that was not her own. No matter how much Esther had studied about England, living there was another matter altogether. She would have to be a part of a new Court, a Court she had never been a part of before. A Court that she had yet to learn to navigate. Hopefully, her new husband would be patient enough to teach her.

Waking up slowly, Esther took a moment to remember where she was. For a minute or two, the newlywed thought she was in her room, alone. That bed felt different, though. It felt too soft, and it was too wide.

And then it hit her. This was not her single lady bed back in her old room. It was a marital bed. The bed where she and her husband had… A soft gasp exclaimed the young woman’s lips and she turned bright red, remembering the events from the past night. She was now a wedded woman. And she was no longer a maiden.

Well… she had been prepared for that, but what do you say to a man after those moments? Even if this man is your husband, it was still awkward.

With a deep sigh, Esther finally sat on the bed and looked around the room, until her eyes laid on her husband. She kept silent for a while, simply watching him. He looked more handsome now, wearing simple clothes, than in the regal ones he had on previously, in her opinion. When she finally spoke, her voice sounded soft. “Good morning, my lord”, she murmured, feeling her heart race.

@Fain

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:14 am 

Braiden had just finished the last missive on his desk. A long list of things he wanted looked into sad neatly atop the completed pile and he'd just about set his quill down when he heard the voice speaking softly. Turning to it he couldn't help the smile that curved his lips at the sight of his wife. She was stunning. He might not love her yet as that emotion would take time to grow along with their actual relationship, but he was committed to her and he felt something for her. Something that always made him smile.

"Please call me Braiden, in private I am not your lord, or king, I am your husband and you are my wife. We are equals in the eye of the Lord," Braiden said gently to her. Not wanting her to feel he was being commanding and impatient with her. He just didn't like his family being formal. He wouldn't want his wife thinking of him as a lord all the time. A lord she had to obey and serve. He wanted her to be like his mother, free to speak her mind to her husband and children. Free to think as a freeborn lady aught to have the right to do. He knew these views were not shared by most of the nobility, but he didn't want his son to grow up thinking his mother a possession or his future bride that either. No Braiden had been raised that his wife would be his closest advisor and companion. The one person he could trust always.

Braiden leaned back in his seat stretching the kinks out of his back before slowly rising to his feet. Running a hand through his hair he kept watching the faint light playing across her hair and face. He found her truly beautiful. Smiling slightly larger he asked her, "would you care for breakfast? I have some on the desk, but if it isn't to your taste one of the servants can bring you anything you desire. Once Cherisa is done acting like the great dragon of the kitchens I shall introduce her to you, she'll take your morning orders and lunch orders so the kitchen can serve you what you enjoy eating. Dinner is held in the Great Hall with the advisors and courtiers who are present for the evening meal. Sometimes it is a small affair, sometimes it is a larger affair. Depending on what the court sessions consisted of. Your welcome to join us, I'd like having you there. You are also welcome to join all court sessions with the exception of closed door war meetings. Those are usually just my military advisors and my top advisors along with myself."

Braiden blushed. "I'm sorry I'm babbling on at you about the most boring of things. Excuse my poor manners. How did you sleep? How do you feel? Well rested I hope?" Braiden said in a rush after realizing he'd drifted off on a tangent. He sighed lightly. Rubbing a hand down his neck looking bashful. He wasn't used to sharing his life with another and he didn't quite know how to talk without a purpose behind his words. He didn't usually hold unstructured conversations, but he didn't want that with his wife. He wanted them to be as if they were just regular people, not a king and queen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 am 

Sort of back.

Esther had to confess she was a little surprised to hear that she was supposed to call her husband by her first name. Sure, her mother had called her father by his name, but it had not happened right away. It had happened over time, as they formed a closer bond. Still, it felt good to know that her husband trusted her enough to allow her to use his first name right away.

Nodding, Esther agreed to call her husband Braiden. “Very well”, she replied kindly. “But you must call me Esther as well, as it is only fair”, the young woman completed. While she spoke, Esther thought to herself that her marriage seemed to be getting up to a good start. Maybe, she wondered, they would in the future be as loving as her parents had been. And of course, they would set a good example for their children, as her parents had set for her and her siblings.

Watching Braiden stretch, Esther thought about him for a moment. This was the man she was supposed to spend the rest of her days with. The man whose children she would bear and raise. With a sigh, Esther thought that it wouldn’t be a bad thing. They had, after all, kept a good and close relationship through letters, and seemed to be physically and emotionally compatible.

When Braiden offered her breakfast, Esther suddenly found out she was hungry. Very hungry, indeed. It was only to be expected, of course, as she had barely eaten anything the night before, being too anxious to do anything more than taste the feast that had taken place after she had exchanged vows with Braiden. “You will learn that everything is to my taste”, she replied to his comment about breakfast not being to her taste. “Mother raised us this way”, she completed, a warm smile coming to her lips when remembering her mother. She couldn’t help but laugh softly when he commented on Cherisa - whom she concluded to be the servant in charge of the kitchens - being a dragon. “I thank you for your kindness, Braiden, but I am indeed easy to please, and there is nothing I dislike”, she replied, her eyes locked on him. She didn’t mind that he was rambling at all, as his voice and accent were very pleasant to her ears. “I shall be present to any function you want me to be present for”, she finished, regarding his comment on her being welcome to join any court sessions except for the war meetings. She really hoped that these were rare, as she would hate to see her husband go to war so soon after their wedding.

Hearing him apologize made Esther smile and hold out a hand to touch her husband’s arm. “There is no need to apologize”, she replied in a kind intonation. “I have slept like an angel, and could not feel better, thank you”. After these words, Esther ran the hand she had rested on Braiden’s arm down, holding his hand. “If we are not to hold on to pointless formalities, I do want you to speak freely to me at all times. I am, after all, your wife, your supporter and friend, as it should be. If you cannot speak freely to me, who else could you speak freely to?”.

After this question, she would wait for his answer so they could go have breakfast, hoping that this marriage would last a long time and be a happy one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:24 am 

Braiden gave her a bright smile that cause his eyes to sparkle. “I would dearly love to call you Esther, my lovely wife,” Braiden said gently. His voice soft. He wanted their marriage to be filled with nothing but good memories. He yearned for a closeness with his wife that few arranged marriages shared. Something his own parents had been lucky to have. Well outside of the few affairs his father had had in the early days of their marriage. Braiden didn’t want anything to taint Esther’s introduction to his court. He could only guess how it would be for her to start a whole new life in a whole new land. That couldn’t be easy.

He knew in his heart that they would be just fine. That they were well compatible, but in his bring he felt a slight trepidation that something may not work out between them. He knew it was stupid. Of course there would have to be compromises, but surely they would be just fine. Yet still he worried. Braiden could remember his mother’s words clear as day. ’The first days of your marriage will set the stage for your future Bray, you need to lead by example with your wife. Never treat her as anything other then your treasured love and devoted queen. For she will be your greatest ally and strongest advisor.’ Something he couldn’t help but remember as he regarded Esther.

“I am glad, I tend to enjoy breakfast to be a simple meal rather then all that fuss. I find it much easier to commence the day. As for lunch. I am usually out in the field training or in the Throne room overseeing requests from the people. Thus these times are usually quick simple meals that can be eaten while overseeing my duties. Dinner’s are usual a feast similar to last night only on a slightly smaller scale. The large and intricate feasts are usually reserved for celebrations and major events,” Braiden explained as he gave her a smile. He enjoyed the fact she was not picky with her meals. “It will still be up to you to decide what you wish to have served and where.”

He paused and regarded her keenly, “I would like you to be present at any function you feel comfortable with. I shall not demand your presence, but I would deeply welcome it. I would like for you to be seen as my chief advisor, even though I cannot give you that title. Your opinions and incite are welcomed in my court and valued by me,” Braiden stated simply. He was determined to make her aware that he wouldn’t treat her like other noblemen might. He would have her as his queen in more then just title. He wanted her by his side. Always.

Braiden couldn’t help but feel a fluttering in his chest the moment her hand touched his arm. He watched her delicate fingers stroke his arm down to his hand when she took it. Entwining his fingers into hers he gave her another smile to show he appreciated her words, but listened to her next words before he would speak. “That is what I greatly desire. For us both. To be free to speak to one another as our hearts desire. To answer your question. I cannot speak freely to anyone. Well I could have to my father and mother, but as they are no longer with us. You my beloved wife, are my only confident.”

He drew her hand up and lightly brushed a kiss over her hand. He didn’t release her hand right away savouring the casual contact for a long moment before he gently released her hand so she could choose where she wished to sit to eat. There was another chair at his desk. There was also a table where they could sit more comfortably. “Where would you wish to have breakfast?” He wondered briefly if the balcony wouldn’t be a better choice as it overlooked the garden. “Why do we not go and sit on the bench on the balcony. I can bring our breakfast out and we can enjoy the warmth of the sun and the fresh scent of the gardens?” He offered after a long pause. Hoping she would enjoy it as much as he enjoyed the garden expanse. “My mother had the garden created as her own little private get away. I always enjoyed running through the twisting paths when I was a child.” He shared that small detail of his childhood with her. A wistful smile curving his lips.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:59 pm 

Sort of back.

Esther couldn’t help but smile back at Braiden. His smile put her at ease, and she started thinking that maybe things would work out well between her and her husband. That was all Esther hoped for, to be honest. She wanted a peaceful and happy life, many children to love, and a long-lasting marriage, nothing more. “I would like it very much if you did”, she finally replied regarding Braiden calling her Esther. Esther knew that it was tradition for nobles to call each other by titles rather than names, but she didn’t want this formality in her marriage, and she was happy to see that Braiden didn’t either.

Back at home, Esther had, as Braiden, received advice about how to make her marriage happy. Of course, she had gotten no such advice from her mother, as she had lost the woman at a young age, but from her father. It might have worked to her advantage, though, since her father was speaking from the perspective of a man who had lived a happy marriage. A happy marriage was what she wanted to provide her husband with, so maybe she should do as her father told her to. She also hoped to have children, and not to die like her mother.

Trying not to think of the obvious dangers of childbirth, Esther focused back on the moment she was sharing with her husband. Their first morning together. The first of many, hopefully.

Keeping silence, Esther listened to Braiden’s routine, planning on blending into it instead of causing any changes. It would make things easier, both for him and for her, who wouldn’t have to create yet another routine. Hearing from Braiden about the meals, Esther was sure that breakfast would be her favorite one, and dinner would be the least enjoyable one, as she wasn’t too keen on large gatherings with people she didn’t know well. Of course, she had been raised proper, and would never complain at all.

“I believe I will enjoy our breakfast most of all meals”, she murmured quietly. Despite having been his during the night, Esther still felt a little timid around her husband.

Hearing that Braiden would welcome her in any function was a surprise for Esther, and even more to hear that he would listen to and respect her advice. Sure, Esther knew she was young, and still learning to navigate that new society. But she knew that she was a smart woman, and very good in providing that human touch men sometimes lacked, not because they were bad people, but mostly because they were raised with other qualities in mind. “I shall keep that in mind”, she finally replied with a nod. “If there is any function you feel that you would especially like to have me for, please do let me know, and I will not schedule anything else for that day”, Esther offered. She didn’t plan on being idle, so it was good that he would let her know whenever he needed her. During the rest of her time, Esther planned to find plenty to do. There would be books to read, sewing to do - like her mother had, she wanted to be sure to sew for her husband -, church to attend, charity to oversee - something that was very important for her as well - and many other ways of keeping herself from being idle.

Holding her husband’s hand made Esther feel warm inside. It felt good to keep that contact for a moment, and even better to hear that she was his only confidant. It was a little sad to think before her, he hadn’t really had anyone he could trust enough to speak freely, but Esther planned on filling this gap in Braiden’s life. “I shall be at your side whenever you need a confidant”, she replied quietly. It was clear that, despite feeling a bit shy around her husband, that soft-spoken way of communicating was a part of Esther’s personality.

Blushing when Braiden kissed her hand, Esther turned her attention to his face. He was, indeed, a handsome man, and Esther felt that she could grow to love her husband if he would behave so kindly towards her as time went by and they got to know each other more closely. The suggestion of going to have breakfast at the balcony also pleased Esther. It would be a good place to stay, and she loved open spaces. Being raised in a large green area back in Scotland, Esther loved plants, gardens, and everything that had to do with fresh air. She had been a very active young woman, and riding and hunting had been favorite pastimes. Of course, she knew that things would change now, but having a garden to spend time in would definitely do her a world of good. “Having breakfast on the balcony would be perfect”, Esther replied with a smile. The smile she already had on grew a little when Braiden said he had enjoyed those gardens as a child. “I hope our children will enjoy it just as much in the future”, she commented softly, anticipating a happy future and a large family, should the Lord want to provide them with one.