All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:51 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

“Okay, let me see… We have six… I think about eighteen more…”. The young woman pushed her curly hair away from her face and squinted her eyes. “Ugh, it’s so hot in here”, she muttered, standing up to go open a window. Once the window was open, Victoria stood by it for a while. Her gaze swept the night sky, and she sighed. It seemed like a peaceful night. Of course, there weren’t many like this. Feeling a chill down her spine, Victoria closed the window and went for the fan.

“Preparing bullets”, she commented curtly in passing her friend and partner. A quick peek at whatever was on TV and she kept on moving. Victoria really didn’t know why she had partnered up with Salvador of all people. They were… as different as two people could be. They didn’t even have that “opposites attract” excuse, as they were often bickering and fighting about the dumbest things.

And yet, when it came time to get work done, they worked together like clockwork. And Victoria had to admit that there was some affection there. They fought and bickered, but if one of them happened to get hurt, the other would be right there to make sure the other would be back on their feet as soon as possible.

Sitting back on her chair and tying her hair on a ponytail, Victoria resumed her work. While her hands worked almost on autopilot, her mind recalled the last time Salvador had gotten injured during one of their missions. Victoria could remember the cold hand grasping her heart as she thought she would lose her partner. That one time had been really bad. And she could imagine that he would probably feel the same in the occasions - rarer, because he was the muscle, after all - when she happened to get seriously hurt during a hunt.

Shaking her head and focusing on her work, Victoria kept on working. It helped her focus, and tire herself out, as she had been battling insomnia for the past few nights. Once everything was done, she left the new bullets in place and counted them just to occupy her hands. With a sigh, she lit up a cigarette and went out of her small work space into the sitting room. Standing by the window, she peeked at her partner.

“What’s on TV, Salvy?”, she asked, knowing that he hated being called that way. Despite the playful banter, it was clear that she was tired and somewhat stressed, but Victoria would never admit that she wasn’t in her best shape. Not to Salvador, not to anyone else.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:43 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Salvador relaxed on the couch as he always did when he wasn't practicing with his guns. During the time he wasn't drawing and re-holstering his pistol in the blink of an eye he was in the back shooting cans. He'd even requested Victoria quote "...build him some kinda pop up thingie so he could practice his quick draw." since she refused to be shot for training purposes. Something Salvador teasingly found very rude of her.

He looked back at his partner and scowls at her. "First off, y'all know I hate being called Salvy, Vic..." His southern drawl nearly impossible to ignore thanks to it's thickness. He sits up. "Second off y'all know it's my favorite show! Kitchen Nightmares! That Gordin' Ramsey is a heck of a guy! Kinda handsome too, to be honest." He said in his usual blunt, partly awkward, partly endearing earnestness. "Third off... you know I hate those things." He stands staring at her cigarette, towering over his feminine partner. A Texan steed of imposing proportion. He glares down at her and takes out his gun, putting it in Victoria's hand. "This'll kill ya faster..." He always despised smoking, and usually had something snarky like that to say to Victoria when she did so. This was obviously his way of showing how much he cared as people smoking in the street barely got a passing glance from him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:01 pm 

Sort of back.

Victoria couldn’t help but smile when Salvador said he hated being called Salvy. Of course she knew it. That was exactly the reason why she would call him that. Bugging her friend and partner always put Victoria in a better mood than her usual seriousness.

Rolling her eyes when he talked about his favorite show, Victoria laughed quietly to herself. “I will remember to be really rude and loud next time I cook for you, Southern Belle. It seems like you get off on that, eh?”, she teased. Southern Belle was another one of the nicknames she loved giving Salvador. His accent was way too strong for her not to, after all. And it wasn't as though he didn't tease her about her light, but perceptible, British accent.

Salvador’s comment on her smoking made Victoria sigh and hesitate for a while. After another sigh, she put out her cigarette and returned the gun to Salvador. “I’m not in a hurry. But fine, you win. I’m just stressed”. Victoria kept playing with the curtain cord, a bit distracted, for a few seconds. After a moment, she finally stopped what she was doing.

“Oh, well, since I can’t even have a smoke, I’m going to bed. Wanna join me, or is Ramsay hotter?”, she asked with a lopsided grin. It was one of those things she always did to tease Salvador, with no intention of actually letting him slip into her bed. It was simply fun to bug that big Texan guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:23 pm 

"Now, y'all listen here... I ain't the kinda belle that'll just fly into bed with any ol' girl. I don't care how long I've know ya, we haven't gone on a single date. y'all haven't bought me any dinner or taken me to a movie or any 'a that. So don't go thinkin' just 'cuz you're stressed you can try and a roll in the hay with me. 'Nd no... not even for chef Ramsay." He smirks as he fires back with his teasing. She knew he was the romantic type. Never the kind of guy to just want sex out of a girl. For him if he didn't work for it it wasn't worth it.

He takes the gun and idly spins it on his finger, singing his favorite song. "No one dared to ask his buisness, no one dared to make a slip... the ranger there among them had the Big Iron on his hip." He flips his gun from behind his back and catches it on his finger again, still spinning. He grins triumphantly at Victoria for a trick he's showed her a hundred times before. His gun of choice was none other than the colt 44. It was dark, sleek and elegant. A murder machine in the proper hands... his hands.

"You know what my cure for stress is. C'mon, give yer partner a hug... Oh and you? Cook? Y'all couldn't boil an egg. Y'all need a recipe fa' ice..." He holds his arms open and smirks down at her more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:51 am 

Sort of back.

Victoria couldn’t help but laugh when Salvador said he wasn’t the kind to jump in bed with any girl. She wasn’t laughing because she didn’t believe him. She did feel that Salvador was the kind of man who would want to have at least a few dates before jumping in bed with a woman. It was his strong Southern accent, allied with the idea of them both going on a date, that made her laugh. Rolling her eyes, Victoria finally conceded and stepped forward for a hug. ‘He’s just like a big teddy bear’, she thought to herself with a smirk. Of course, he was a teddy bear who could be deadly, but still, a lovable teddy bear.

“All right, you big softy”, she murmured, giving her old friend a hug. “Admit it, you had been wanting one too”, Victoria teased.

His joke about her cooking made Victoria laugh again and pinch Salvador’s arm. “What, I’m not THAT bad!”, she protested, trying to sound serious. “How do you think food makes its way to the table? It doesn’t cook itself, ya know!”. Despite her protest, Victoria wasn’t upset or mad at Salvador. She just liked bickering with him.

“OK, you can let me go now”, she announced after a few moments, before things could get awkward. “I really need to go to bed and try for some sleep”.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:36 am 

Salvador smells like he's been eating peanut butter and chocolate. It's probably kinda nice actually. He presses his nose to the top of her head lovingly and holds her close. Say what you want but the man is a superb hugger. "'Course I do. You know... I like... love you and stuff." He says with a smile. "Don't go tellin' that to anyone, I'll deny it all day long." He smirks as he rubs her back as well.

He yelps loudly when he pinches her. "C'mon! You know my barbecue is top notch compared to your gross English cookin'. Mr. Ramsay doesn't count again." He teases her and takes a deep breath.

"Oh! Right! S-Sorry." He blushes a little and looks away. "Yeah... I'm just gonna finish this episode and hit the hay myself. G'night Victor n' don't let the blood suckers bite." He smirks at her now.

He had to admit to himself that he was a bit nervous about the mission. He was always nervous about Victoria getting hurt as he just saw her as not as durable as he was. There's no way she could be in his mind. If there was one person or thing in this world he wanted to protect more than anything it was his partner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:12 pm 

Sort of back.

Victoria had to admit she liked Salvador’s scent. He always smelled of something nice, and it often involved food. This time, it was peanut butter and chocolate, two scents that usually brought a feeling of comfort to Victoria. When he said he loved her, Victoria shook her head and laughed. It was, once again, one of the things she did believe, but preferred not to delve into. After all, the love they had for each other was obviously a friendly affection. And that was all… right? That’s what Victoria chose to believe, and she didn’t even want to consider any other possibilities. “I love you too, big guy. Even you being super annoying”, she replied with a broad smile.

His comment on his barbecue made Victoria laugh again. “Fine, I’ll give you that. But don’t ask me to cook for you when you don’t feel like it”, she teased. It was obviously playful banter. Victoria wasn’t a bad cook, but she had to admit that Salvador was much better in the kitchen than she was.

Focusing on what she had to do now - go to bed -, Victoria took a deep breath and stepped back when Salvador finally let her go. “Night, big guy. And I’ve got you to keep me safe”, she replied to his quip on not letting the bloodsuckers bite. With this comment, Victoria rubbed her eyes and excused herself. Entering her bedroom, the woman closed her door and started undressing to sleep. Or at least to try and get some sleep. For tomorrow, they might have to go out hunting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:46 pm 

As Salv begins to clean up his mess, a few empty soda cans and candy wrappers a commercial begins to play. "Just a reminder to all those fans out there international class chef Gordon Ramsay will be in the Apollo theater creating his one of a kind culinary masterpieces and giving demonstrations. He'll even be talking live with members of the audience! Get your tickets now while they last!" Salvador drops the cans and stares aghast at the television. The wheels start to turn and he realizes where that is. He was never very good at finding things. He always just relied on Victoria to find where they needed to go. He was the one who did the driving anyway. He realized something and his eyes lit up.

"The Apollo theater is only a few miles from here." He suddenly whips into a sprint, darting directly to Victoria's room and slamming down the door. "VICTORIA! CHEF RAMSAY IS GONNA BE AT TH-" The instant he bursts in he sees more than he bargained for. His partner currently undressing. Sadly the poor boy's brain breaks momentarily. The excitement of potentially meeting Gordon Ramsay then halted by his admittedly beautiful partner's naked or perhaps partially naked form in front of him clashing in his brain for a moment as for a brief moment he just stared blankly at her. The moment he realizes what he's done he basically turns red as a tomato he slaps his hands over his eyes and panics. "I-I-I-I'M SORRY! I didn't! I!" He stumbles through his apology as he tries to move for the exit without falling over anything.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:14 pm 

Sort of back.

Once she had entered her room, Victoria simply shut down the outside world for a few moments. Out of all parts of the house, Victoria’s room was her sanctuary. In there, she had the large windows to the outside world that she could open for a moment and just watch the sleeping town. She had her old gramophone - it had been passed down from her great-grandfather - and her classical music, that she often listened to before bed. And of course, she had her bed, where she either slept or laid awake making plans for the next day. It was a safe space, the only one she had.

Well… it was. At least it had been until the moment when, Victoria being only in her underwear, her door burst open without warning.

Her first reaction was an ear-piercing scream that could be mistaken by a banshee’s - or a scream queen’s. Her scream hadn’t been an immediate reaction to Salvador, though. With the life they lived - filled with danger at every turn -, Victoria’s first thought had been that the house had been broken into and that she was about to suffer a terrible fate.

When she saw it was Salvador, Victoria froze in the middle of the movement she had already started for a knife she kept handy in case of need. “Salvador!”, she shrieked, between furious and embarrassed. She had never expected her partner to see her under the clothes - and especially not like this.

While he covered his eyes, Victoria moved quickly to throw on the first piece of clothing she found - a nightgown she usually left hanging on her bedpost in case she needed to leave the room for something in the middle of the night.

Once dressed, the young woman moved to ‘help’ her friend out of the room. Of course, her concept of helping him consisted in shoving him in the direction of the door and slapping wherever she could reach at the same time. “I will ****ing’... Ugh, I will kill you, Salvador, I swear! Creep!”, she shouted furiously at him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:03 pm 

Salv shuts his eyes tight as she shoves him and covered his ears as she screamed. "I ain't a dang blood sucker!" He exhales as she stops. He was also trying to find the exit as she re dressed and began shoving him, causing him to stumble and fall out of her room. "I wasn't even tryin' to peep on you anyways!" He says as he's sure he's out of the room, uncovering his ears and opening his eyes.

"Jeez... what a huge jerk." He dusts himself off and stands. "You didn't even answer me about going to see chef Ramsay!" He shouts through the door. "That's what I wasgoing in there for!" He picks up his hat and puts it back on. As he looks at it he imagines something... something that he would never tell Victoria about in a million years. He imagined what she had just been wearing along with his hat on. It made him a bit... antsy to put it in a term and caused him to shake his head. "No. Bad Salvador." He pounds on his head lightly with his fist.

He heads over to the bathroom to wash his face before heading to bed. As he did so he noticed there was a small cut on his hand. "Prolly from when that dang fool pushed me onto the ground for an honest mistake." He grumbles, washing his palm. He would have to wrap that up before he went to bed. Taking out the bandages and covering the cut before heading to his room. Tomorrow morning they had to head out for a job and he needed as much sleep as possible... after he took care of some business.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:26 pm 

Sort of back.

Of course Victoria knew - at least after a second of rationality - that Salvador wasn’t a vampire. A vampire, after all, wouldn’t come in through the door. The open window would be a much more likely choice. Yet, it wasn’t as though anyone really thought rationally when caught by surprise. As soon as the door was closed, Victoria took a deep breath. What the hell had come over Salvador to just barge in like that? Okay, she knew that her old friend wasn’t really the kind to think before acting. “Oh, for ****’s sake!”, she replied when he finally said what he had wanted at a moment she could understand. “Whatever, we can go. Jesus!”, the young woman completed.

Once she had replied, Victoria locked her door. Just what she needed, for real, was for that to happen. “If you tell anyone about this, I’ll cut your equipment off!”, she threatened through the door, for good measure.

“Christ, that’s just… that’s… oh, whatever”. With these words, Victoria dropped removed her nightgown again and dropped on the bed. Of all the things that could happen… now all she needed was for him to tell anyone that he had seen her in underwear, and all of the hard-earned respect she had managed to acquire in the hunter society would be gone, just like this.

With a groan, Victoria turned around, burying her face in her pillow. If Salvador wasn’t her best friend and the best partner she could ever want, she couldn’t even tell what she would do to him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:25 pm 

The next morning Salvador woke up nice and early. He scratched in places that shall not be spoken of before heading to his bathroom to clean up. Afterwards he went into the kitchen to prepare his usual pre-hunt breakfast. It consisted of a typical American/Texan breakfast of sausage, bacon, ham, eggs (scrambled were his favorite), toast, pancakes, French Toast, oatmeal, strawberries, bananas, half of a grape fruit and of course a bowl of his favorite cereal Frosted Mini Wheats.

Salvador also prepared his beloved partner's breakfast of two small pancakes, two strips of bacon and a small cup of blueberries. He assumed they were her favorite fruit, but Salvador can be a bit forgetful at times. After his cooking tornado he sat at the table and took a deep breath, putting his hands together to pray for a bit before picking up his fork and knife. He stared at his cornucopia and then across the table where Victora sat before sighing heavily. He placed his utensils back down and stood, ringing the rather loud bell he had installed to alert his partner of meals. "Coooooome n' get iiiiiit!"

It just didn't feel right to start eating and not have her with him. At least not to Salvador. "Like Granny said, a meal eaten by yourself ain't a meal enjoyed... unless you have kids." He spoke to himself and smirked as he waited for his partner to arrive. Grandma Jamestown was quite a hunter in her day. She had spoken to Victora before and told her that 'she was trusting [Victoria] with her most tresured thing in the world' and that 'If anything happened to her sweet little Salvador that she would personally put Victora in the grave personally'. She seemed like a woman who meant business, even at her ripening age. She also informed Victora that the ravenous consumption ran in the family. Not only were they naturally big eaters, but their hunt power had a side effect of burning through their consumed food like mad. Sort of like the Flash.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:42 pm 

Sort of back.

Victoria had a restless night, and stayed in bed a little longer than she normally would. Victoria wasn't really in love with the idea of waking up early, but her sense of responsibility made it a necessity. This morning, though, she was really tired and carrying a headache to boot. Despite her unwillingness to stand up, Victoria had already woken up and was staring at the ceiling of her room while Salvador worked on breakfast.

When the bell rang, Victoria shot up and took a deep breath. A sense of foreboding was creeping into her mind, making her feel terribly tense. Still, there was breakfast waiting, and she had made a point of eating with Salvador at every possible meal.

“Coming!”, she replied so he would know she was up. Taking only enough time to put on pajama pants and a black tank top, Victoria brushed her teeth and washed her face, before moving to the kitchen. “Morning”, she greeted, looking around and shaking her head. Salvador was a really big eater, she would eat in one day what he ate in one sitting.

After taking a look at her plate, approving what she had to eat, Victoria closed her eyes for a few seconds and then snapped them open, taking the blueberries and spreading them over the pancakes. “Salv”, she called quietly, waiting to secure her friend's attention before speaking.

“I... don't say anything about it, but... just listen. I have a bad feeling about tonight. Not you, me. If something bad happens, do what you have to do. The hunt always comes first, as you know”. Finishing what she had to say, and seemingly a little relieved, Victoria dug into the first pancake, not looking up from her plate, and hoping against hope that for once, Salvador would simply listen to her and do as he was told.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:28 pm 

Salvador stared at his partner, raising an eyebrow. "Sweetie, y'all not feelin' up for this job? Because I'll go in alone if that what ya want." He says seriously as he continues to eat. "You know I can do it right? I... probably won't be turned into a blood sucker." He smirks at her, obviously teasing her a bit now. "Don't worry, sweetie. You're stressin' over nothin'." He continues to pound down his food. He's also got milk, orange juice and coffee. Cream and eleven sugars. He gulps them down periodically, but it seems as if there's some method to what he eats and which drinks he takes accordingly. He gulps down the milk first. "Vic, I'm gonna be honest. We're some of the best damned hunters in the business right now. That's partially due to some family lines being suddenly forcefully retired, but... uhh..." He suddenly realizes he may be doing a terrible job comforting her.

"How's this, I will make sure nothing happens to you. Not that I need to. You're the best damn hunter I've ever met that wasn't Granny Jamestown." He smirks. "You know she once staked three vamps to the wall with one shot? She kept the stake and put it up on her mantle." A story Victoria has likely heard several times. "She also invented the wrist mounted stake too. Why it's called the Jamestown special." He says listing off some of her accomplishments, again likely things she's heard about a million times.

Salvador sighs a bit and rubs the back of his neck. "We'll be fine Vicky. We've been through worse and we've come out just fine each time. My grandmother... well, she lived to be a grandmother, didn't she? Ma and Pa are still in the business and everything." They have only ever given calls to Victoria. She's never met them once as they've always been hunting in other countries where vampires are much more powerful and prevalent.

Salvador finishes up his food and stands, putting his dishes in the sink and beginning to clean them. "Sweet heart, we're the best in the country as of now, even if that sounds sad, it's an honor. From what ma and pa say our names are spreading fast in the Vampire communities. Apparently they describe me as 'the man who fights like the Terminator' and you as 'someone putting the brain of a super computer into the Terminator'." He grins at her, knowing that may or may not be true.