All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:27 pm 

Everything's as near or far as you wish for it to be.

Blog: View Blog (37)

The bird landed on Wesley's shoulder, in the king's palace. It was unusual to see; he chirped and chirped and chirped. But hearing the bird sing, he was sure he heard the words 'Brandis, Trenton, Audrey' being sung in the song. He couldn't understand exactly why it sounded like that; but memories of the first world flooded his mind. The bird soon flew away, back out the same open window he came in. Wesley followed the entourage of people into what appeared to be a large banquet table. As he thought about Brandis, a guard stopped him. Navarez!

"Sir Wesley, I must ask ... privately. Do you have affection for Princess Kiara? Surely you can't, you only just met her."

Wesley thought about it for a moment; he responded: "She is a very sweet young lady, but I can't tell if I have affection or gratitude." Navarez shifted uneasily and looked around. "I am under oath to protect her; while your closeness to her might torture me ... " Wesley listened, but interrupted. "Torture you?"

"I mean, I've seen her grow up from when she was young; and I would not like to see her get hurt. That's all." Navarez had already taken some ale into a cup; he raised the cup and said "In your honor, Sir Wesley. I pray you find your way here."

Navarez watched Wesley leave; a few guards pointed to where a guest of honor would sit and he was probably alerted to the protocol that no one in the room would begin eating until he, Wesley, began eating. That is how a royal feast in the honor of someone was conducted.

Navarez also had a chance to talk with Princess Kiara. Nightfall was coming very soon.

"Princess; I'm sorry to ask you again. Nightfall is coming and ... well ... I only trust you to be around me when I turn. I'd like to stay with you again tonight, if it's all right with you. I'm sorry to bring it up; I ... I shouldn't have made that mistake that one night when I was away, I'm sorry; now I'm paying for it with this damned curse! And; you're the only one I can rely on. I'd be honored if you'd name me ... you know; when I'm in wolf form. I'm sorry for presuming on your good graces." Navarez bowed his head; he half hoped the princess would say yes because he missed her presence. He half hoped the princess would say yes because if she wasn't in the room with him when he **changed**, he would have to go out into the woods so he didn't scare or hurt anyone. Only when he was with her did he remember the things he did when he was in wolf form.

He expected she'd probably say no because of Wesley; it didn't matter to him if Wesley was with her. He just needed human contact for the shape shifting and long night until sun rise.

Amber smiled at her Dad; she made him a glass of lemonade. Tonight was the first home visit night. She had pretty blonde hair, just slightly taller than her father. Dr. Stevens was going to make the phone call. But he was nervous.

"I was going to be nervous enough for me to go alone; but to bring you now, Amber - I don't know. I asked you to come, so I'd better call."

Amber encouraged him. "We're going to go back; and I have to see the dynamics, see Wesley, see the children. I'll take good mental notes; maybe we could hook up the brain scanner from my ipod device, see when and if brain waves increase, find patterns. Maybe I could work on Audrey, you know, maybe hook you guys up?"

"No, Amber. You're here for emotional support; I'm not going back to that world. You only get once chance; you can't return a second time without doing damage to yourself. And Audrey is not interested in me, I'm just a doctor, damn it!" Amber retorted back: "What? Doctor's are sexy, aren't they? Besides, you haven't been with anybody since ..." But Dr. Stevens held his hands up. "Listen, I'm not interested Amber, okay? Audrey has clear feelings for Wesley. Otherwise, he'd still be lying in the hospital room."

"Okay, okay! But, I'd be interested in knowing if she's interested in you anyways. You know, girl talk or something."

Dr. Stevens dialed the cell phone number; when or if Audrey answered, he would explain to her the need to bring Amber over. He would say it would help him with emotional support while he tries to examine and take notes on Wesley. He would look through his folders and do the best he could to predict when Wesley would awaken or what state he was in.

Once the cell phone conversation was over with Audrey, he would do what he normally does when he takes his daughter out. He would push her wheelchair to the car, help her in, and drive her to their expected destination.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Kiara and King Geoffrey looked at the bird very curiously. They couldn't make out the bird was singing, however. The king told Wesley.

"A bird has sung to you. It might be a good omen for your journey."

The king and princess led Wesley to the banquet hall where the servants had quickly put together a grand feast. Kiara knew that Wesley could not go on his quest alone. While she knew that her father had promised to send guards with him, she wanted to go. It was her fault, she felt responsible. Plus, she cared about him. He was her friend, in the very short amount of time they had known each other. King Geoffrey would not like the idea, that much she was sure about. Even before his mind started to go, he would never let her go on journeys with him. He wanted to keep her safe, locked up in the palace with Navarez guarding her while he was away. She looked over her shoulder and saw that Navarez had stopped Wesley to talk. She wondered what it was about but her father distracted her.

"I hope your mother will come meet Sir Wesley."

Kiara sighed in her mind. More and more, her father was thinking that Queen Juliana was sick or just in another part of the castle. She and others in the castle had come to learn that is easier to let him think it, then to go through the pain of constantly telling him the truth. Eventually he did usually remember at some point during his day that Juliana had died years ago. Kiara gave her father a gentle smile.

"You know she has been ill, Father. I am sure if she feels up to it, she will come down."

King Geoffrey agreed and hoped his beloved wife would feel better soon. It was obvious that Wesley had no idea where he was supposed to sit. He was their honored guest, it meant he was to sit at the head of the table. When his chat with Navarez was done, Kiara quietly told him.

"You sit there."

She said nodding her head to the chair and she took her seat next to her father. King Geoffrey had always loved having guests from other lands, even before he had started to go senile. He was asking Wesley all about this land of New Jersey. It was during the conversation, Navarez had a chance to talk to Kiara. She knew about his curse, how hard it was for him to be alone in his wolf form. They had special bond, in her eyes, he wasn't just one of her father's soldiers. He was a friend. A good friend, he had taught her how to defend herself, even if she would never be as skilled as he was with a sword. He also tried to comfort her when she missed her mother and support her. She needed his support more and more as her father's mind was growing more and more senile each day and people were trying to take advantage of him. Kiara nodded her head.

"Yes, of course, you can spend the night with me."

It meant a lot to her that he trusted her with his secret. That she meant enough to him that she could keep the curse from being worse. Not that she realized he was in love with her, she thought Navarez just cared about her as a friend. Maybe even as a sibling. She looked over at her father, who was chatting away with Wesley.

"I need your help too, Navarez. I am sure Father will want you to accompany Wesley on his journey. But I want to go too."

She lowered her voice so that others would not hear their conversation.

"I disobeyed him and dropped daisy petals into the lake.. That is how Wesley is here. When the petals hit the water, it created a portal and he arrived. It is my fault and I need to help him get home to his son. I have to make this right. Please, help me convince my father to let me come."

Reginald, who found the stories of New Jersey quite boring, glared as he sat across the long table. The king seemed to adore the new visitor. The Grand Duke did not believe for one second that Wesley had not arrived to try and steal the princess and the kingdom from him. Then there was the captain. Reginald saw the way he looked at Kiara. They were having a private conversation, Reginald did not like this at all. He would have to remind Navarez his place in the world after the feast was over. Kiara would be his wife, so he could become the king of Cyrch.

------------------------

Audrey and the boys talked to Wesley a while before it was time to go. Doctor Stevens had everything arranged for the home visits. They would have plenty of time to talk to Wesley and try to get him to come back home there. Audrey didn't have a large apartment. It was just her and her son, all she ever needed was two bedrooms. She told the staff that brought Wesley from the hospital to put him in her room. She could sleep on the couch, Trenton would share his room with Brandis. She had a foldaway bed in there for Brandis for all the times he had slept over, anyway.

Today had been very eventful but every parent knew it was important to keep children on a schedule. She made food for the boys and told them to finish their homework that had been forgotten about the first time Doctor Stevens had called. She was checking a math sheet when Doctor Stevens called. She told him she understood that he needed to bring his daughter, Amber, with him. After what he had went through, the fact that Wesley was going through the same thing, Audrey was sure he needed to have his daughter there.

When Doctor Stevens and Amber arrived, Audrey greeted them at the door. She invited them inside.

"Hello again, Doctor Stevens. It is nice to meet you, Amber. I'm Audrey. This is my son, Trenton, and Wesley's son, Brandis."

She said, pointing out the boys who were finishing up their schoolwork.

"Would either of you like something to drink?"

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:05 pm 

Amber looked at the boys and looked at Audrey; damn her! Audrey was so much prettier than her; her eyes were beautiful, her hair stunning. Her life was wonderful; here were two beautiful children that she was raising, even if one of them wasn't technically Audrey's biological son. No wonder her Dad wanted to come back here. He claimed he didn't notice her, but how could you not notice that beautiful figure.

"No thank you" Amber stated. "I'm pleased to meet you Audrey; perhaps you and my Dad could get to talking while I begin writing notes and observations on Wesley" she stated as she took out a pen and a notebook. "Also, in case you're wondering. I'm not cripple! I'm perfectly fine getting around even a small apartment."

Dr. Stevens, taken back from the abruptness of her daughter, said, "We're very grateful to be here and I brought Amber along to help me with some tests." Amber blurted out, "You're girlfriend's very pretty Dad! But I've got work to do." Dr. Steven's felt a royal flush burn through his face; while it didn't escape him how pretty Audrey was, he began regretting the decision to bring Amber here. Seeing Brandis and Trenton, Dr. Stevens recovered himself. "No, not girlfriend. I'm just a long lost uncle" he said with a smile, hoping it took the tension away.

Dr. Stevens didn't realize that he really was a long lost uncle and that Brandis had a gift, without realizing it, of knowing what his relationships really were to people.

"Princess Kiara" Navarez quietly told her. "I know it looks like this might be your fault, my lady, but I've gone on many an adventure and if someone doesn't go through one door - very often they go through another that winds up in the same place."

He caught himself placing his hands on Kiara's hands as a sort of small affection. On nights Princess Kiara allowed him to shape shift, she often petted and nuzzled him and his mane. Maybe he took those affections for granted. Very often, the princess had to hold a large black sheet to cover him when he morphed as it was so much easier not to have to explain to the royal tailor why he had no more royal clothes to wear. It almost seemed like a natural habit now. Seeing the duke from the corner of his eye, he removed his hand and tried to sit all proper.

Knowing the risk he was about to put himself and the princess in, Navarez raised his goblet and said "To Sir Wesley". After the toast, Navarez continued. "You know, my liege, I would never question your wisdom. I know you believe your little girl, Princess Kiara, has grown to be a beautiful, vibrant young lady. But do you think it wise not to send myself, in honor of course of the promise I made to Queen Julianna, with her and Sir Wesley to find a way to send him back to New Jersey? Again, I don't mean to question your wisdom in the matter, I am quite sure Kiara could handle herself without me."

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:41 pm 

Audrey had no idea that she was making Amber jealous of her. It was truly unintentional. She was just being herself. She and the boys were all taken aback when she declared she was not a cripple just because she was in a wheelchair.

"Of course not."

She said, she wasn't about to assume anything about anyone. She always tried to teach Trenton to not judge people just based on their appearances. She just didn't understand why Amber felt the need to tell her that when no one had mentioned the wheelchair. Audrey had not planned to say anything about it either. She nodded her head to Doctor Stevens and her face turned bright red when Amber said she was her father's girlfriend.

"I'm no one's girlfriend."

Audrey said, she hadn't dated anyone serious since Trenton's father. Sure, she'd go on a date once in a while but her last serious relationship had been with a man who decided he didn't want to be a dad. She wasn't sure why people were assuming she was in a relationship, when she wasn't. Plus, it wasn't anyone's business if she was, anyway.

Audrey coughed and said.

"I...ummm...Wesley's in the master bedroom."

She led the way to what was her bedroom but was now for Wesley to sleep in until they could bring him back home.

---------------------------------

Kiara knew deep down Navarez was right, it wasn't truly her fault but it did feel like it.

"Maybe....but I have to make it right."

She replied. She had to go on this journey, she had to help Wesley get home. It was her own personal mission. It was very natural to Kiara to touch Navarez. In his wolf form, she would pet him. If she had not caught Reginald's dirty look, she might have even had held Navarez's hand when his hands touched hers briefly. She shot a dirty look back at her unwanted fiance. She hoped that she'd be able to convince her father that a marriage to the Grand Duke would be a horrible idea. But first, she wanted to help Wesley get home to New Jersey and his son.

"To Sir Wesley!"

Kiara repeated, raising her own goblet. Reginald raised his in a small gesture but could care less about Sir Wesley. He wanted the man gone, so the king's attention would be back to the wedding. The king, who was very interested in all their guest had to say, had eagerly joined in the toast. King Geoffrey looked at Navarez a little confused.

"Navarez, I planned on asking you to go. But, Kiara, I do not think it would be wise for you to go. It could be dangerous. I want you to stay safe."

"I know that, but I need to go, Father."

Reginald decided to make his opinion known.

"There is no need for a woman to go."

"No one asked what you thought."

Kiara shot back at him. She did not care at all what the Grand Duke thought. He glared at the princess but she ignored him. King Geoffrey asked his child.

"Why do you feel the need to go?"

"I found Sir Wesley, I want to help him get back to his land. Plus, he will have to travel through other kingdoms to get to the sorceress. My presence could make his and Navarez's trip easier, people might be more willing to help if they see me with them."

Kiara did have a point but the thought his only child going on a dangerous mission scared the king. He looked to his trusted captain.

"What do you think, Navarez?"

"Why are you asking him? He is just a knight."

Reginald asked the king, who in turn said.

"Navarez is like a son to me and I trust his opinion. I always have and always will."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:38 pm 

"The way I see it, my king, is that the Sorceress is, well ... female. And while I am sure I could bring Sir Wesley to her country, as we get closer and when we get there ... well, I don't know that I could understand her or navigate the land. She is extremely wise, or so I have heard. It would be great to get the female perspective on things."

Navarez began smirking and directed his next set of comments to Reginald. "And besides, wouldn't you wish to be represented before the Sorceress? I hear she conveys blessings upon the ruler of any lands. In her wisdom, she blesses all those that give her a gift. You could bring it yourself if you wish, Duke, but like I said - the Sorceress' land most certainly has qualities that would escape us." Standing, he curtsied first before the Duke and then he gave the normal royal bow before the king.

"Of course, my king, I can't advise you any further. You must find wisdom for your own people, I'm just a servant."

Wesley spoke up. "The first person who met me when I came here was Princess Kiara. I am somewhat scared of this place, and she has brought me to you, King Geoffrey." Wesley wasn't sure what he was doing except trying to secure the extended company of someone in his heart he seemed to care for. Yet, he also realized that something was forming between her and Navarez, maybe even already formed. Continuing, he commented, "I read in books that women, even little girls, have been greatly rewarded with treasures beyond compare for doing noble things. Not that I'm worth much nobility, but perhaps Princess would find great riches for her future kingdom."

Navarez piped in. "Yes, Sir Wesley. I think you are right." Looking outside, he realized nightfall was imminent. He would need to meet Kiara at their usual hiding place; but a tinge of jealousy hit his heart when Wesley looked at the princess or even talked with her. Navarez was not too concerned with Reginald who didn't have a shot at the Princess. But he was concerned with Wesley; on the other hand, he felt there was a connection between the Princess and Wesley, but he didn't know the nature of it.

"Of course" Wesley added, "it is whatever you say, I'm grateful for your kindness".

"They are coming."

"Yes, my queen. What joy it will be when you see ..."

But the queen interrupted. "I'm not sure they will allow Kiara to come."

"True indeed; but Wesley is coming. You invited him, remember?"

The queen went on, "How is it possible that ..." but the Sorceress interrupted. "Because of love, of course. Even misguided love produces great results. Don't worry; Kiara and Wesley will soon learn who they are to each other soon enough." The queen hesitated. "And King Geoffrey?"

The Sorceress continued. "He is a great man of faith; soon you will be together forever. But first, he must be present for Kiara's royal wedding."

The queen was anxious. "What if she doesn't marry for love?" The sorceress was never at a loss for words. "Love can enter the hearts of those that know no love; but let us see if she will marry for love first. It may not be necessary to fill a vessel already overflowing."

"And Wesley?" the queen asked.

The sorceress ended the conversation by saying, "Wait and see how much he grows."

Amber was in tears; things were not going as expected, and the cause of it was Brandis. Except, it was not really his fault. Brandis had so opened up his heart of love to whomever he met that Amber was unable to process it.

Brandis had found a seat perched on Amber's lap as she meticulously took notes examining Wesley. Dr. Stevens had hooked up a few brain wave machines. Audrey had made both of them feel welcome in spite of Amber's initial gruffness. Amber couldn't help but have tears flow down her cheeks; she had never felt love before that literally exuded from Brandis; she was certain Trenton had the same qualities.

Finally, she blurted out, "I'm a fraud! I shouldn't even be here" she said, picking up Brandis and gently placing him on the floor. "My Dad went to this land your father is in, and I want him and I to go back! I'm here for my own selfish reasons; I don't deserve you to ... "

But Brandis simply wrapped his arms around her neck and gave a light kiss on the cheek and said, "But you could change now, for my Daddy. You could use your gifts to help him, cousin." Amber scrunched her eye brows. Brandis turned to Audrey and said, "Please, Mommy. Tell Amber she can change now, I forgive her. I want to be where Daddy is too; tell her, we can all find him together."

Amber began to become hysterical and she said, "I'm too far gone, child. I'm too far gone. I just want to be with daddy forever." She tried to push Brandis away, but he persisted.

Finally Dr. Stevens said, "I think we need to leave, this was a bad idea. Besides, I have enough information to begin with." He grabbed Amber's wheelchair and ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:29 pm 

King Geoffrey gave Navarez his full attention. He did mean it when he told Reginald how much he trusted his captain. After all, he trusted Navarez to protect his greatest treasure, his daughter. The king nodded his head that he understood both Navarez and Wesley's opinions on the matter. King Geoffrey looked at his daughter.

"I think both Navarez and Sir Wesley are right. Your presence could benefit this quest....But I wish for you remain safe. I could never bare to lose you."

Kiara reached over and squeezed her father's hand. She was happy, she could tell her father was going grant her permission to go. She could see it in his eyes but she could also see his worry. She would always be his little girl.

"You will never lose me, Father. If it makes you feel better, I shall so close to Navarez, it will be like I am his shadow."

She hoped Navarez wouldn't be angry at her for saying that but she knew how much her father trusted the captain. After all, he and her mother had assigned Navarez to personally protect her. King Geoffrey returned the squeeze and nodded his head.

"That would me feel better. Navarez, I trust I can depend on you for that."

Reginald didn't like either man, he decided. Both were were a threat to what he wanted. Kiara was pretty enough but a spoiled brat. Unfortunately, marrying the spoiled brat was the only way he would be a king. He deserved to be the king. Cyrch needed a king like him. Especially, after years of King Geoffrey's rule. He wasn't going to let the captain, who needed to reminded of his place in the kingdom, or this Sir Wesley stand in his way. Once the feast was over, he'd take care of both problems, he decided.

------------------------------

Audrey was only half surprised to see how quickly Brandis had taken to Amber. He was a loving boy, much like his mother. He could make friends with just about anyone. Trenton was more reserved then Brandis but since they were friends, he thought if Brandis trusted, Amber and her father, maybe he could too. It did surprise how Brandis called Amber his cousin. She wasn't sure where he had gotten that idea from.

Audrey let Doctor Stevens and Amber do whatever they were supposed to be doing, she wasn't sure what would help Wesley come back, but anything was worth a try. She was surprised by Amber's sudden outburst. She blushed when Brandis called her "mommy". She liked it but she knew she shouldn't encourage it either. As far as she knew, all she and Wesley would ever be was friends. Doctor Stevens grabbed his daughter's wheelchair to leave and Audrey said.

"Wait! Please....Amber, it's okay. We do forgive you. Please, help us bring Wesley home. He needs all the help he can get."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:13 am 

There was a lot of whimpering; Navarez had turned into his wolf form. Not a black wolf, but not white either. A nice darker gray with some black patches on his fur. He always whimpered when he turned when Kiara was around; it made him sad that had had burdened her with this curse. On some nights when the Princess was not available and he turned in the woods, he could not whimper. It was the wild and it was a matter of survival. Of course, the elves of the forest could have mercy on him, but he didn't dare let his secret out to other people.

Navarez paced a little up and down; even though it had been nearly two years, the change still put him in a panic. It was not something he could control. It almost seemed to upset his internal systems. If the Princess were around, she was like a center point for him. She was like a north star to him. Without her, things could be disorienting.

He laid his head down, his whimpering calming down. He hoped the Princess would pet his head and talk sweetly to him. He would often times fall asleep, his body still needing rest notwithstanding a change in species. Sometimes his ears would itch; he would indicate it to the princess by moving them frantically. But tonight he was especially tired, he didn't think any itch could stop him.

Even more embarrassing was the change back; when the sun came up, he could change back into a human with little warning. This is why he preferred the Princess because he could usually find a quiet, private place before the dawn to stay until he transformed back. It was necessary since once he changed back and had not had a second to put on his royal man at arms attire. Let's just say there was blushing all the way around for he and the princess.

Navarez closed his eyes, but as tired as he was, he sensed a danger looming about. He learned to trust his wolf senses, he almost thought he could be psychic. Why Reginald's face kept coming in to his head, he would know soon enough.

Wesley couldn't quite find Kiara. He had thought he had seen her and the man at arms leaving together; the castle was eerily quiet; there was freedom to walk around. Too much freedom he perceived; he knew the outside walls were heavily guarded, but one could get lost in this maze on the inside.

He needed to discuss with Kiara his feelings for her; oh, how foolish it must be though. One night in a strange land and just because some pretty woman decides to help him - he has to confess his undying love for her? No, that didn't seem right. He at least needed to discuss with her the confusion of his spirit before they go on the long journey. When he will rarely have a chance of privacy since Navarez will be going with them.

Wesley still didn't like the halls late at night. In his mind, he had hoped, though, that metaphorically speaking - this maze would end with Brandis his son by his side.

Dr. Stevens gently let go of the wheelchair, and Amber rolled back in the room, quiet however, unsure what to do next. She waited to see what else might occur.

Dr. Stevens told Audrey, "It's a symptom. When I went to the land of Cyrch, it actually was one of many lands to visit, I began to fall in love with the people, with the land, with the characters in it. All the while, messages came to be from home. Sometimes from a singing bird; sometimes from a letter; sometimes in a vision while I was there.

"My body was here, but my real self was there almost with a new body. However, it probably was a temporary body because empaths couldn't tell if I was alive or not. Anyways, when I came back - I had a new lease on life here. With me and Amber, I was able to be more clear, more focused, and I gained skills I never had before. But, there comes a price to it. You long for going back; you long for wondering what if scenarios or if I stayed longer or what not.

"My daughter and I had been so happy together, I was devastated when she moved out. So was she. But, she couldn't stay a child forever. She's perfectly capable, you see. But what if I went back and what if she went back with me? Why, she could have a new body and I could live my dreams again. Amber just acted on these impulses when she learned about Wesley, this is totally unprofessional, I know."

Brandis was sitting on Amber's knee again, almost as if nothing happened. He would turn and look at her and then turn back forward and look at his Dad. He did this a few times.

"We can't go back; you are either called to this place or you are not called. Unless you are a displaced native, the reason you go is because you are not ready for something in this life. And if you were able to go back a second time, the Sorceress of that land told me you would be stuck forever and could never come back.

"I'm only saying this so you understand Amber's thoughts. We are not here for us, we are here for Wesley and Brandis. Isn't that right, Amber?"

But Amber and Brandis had noticed something very unusual. The body twitched. And then relaxed again. Amber was busy writing all this down in her notebook.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:49 am 

Kiara was thrilled that her father agreed to let her come along on the quest to find the sorceress. Navarez might have told her it wasn't her fault that Wesley was here but she still felt it was. If she had not disobeyed her father, then Wesley would not be here, separated from his son. She would make this right, she had to. She would do whatever she had to do to make sure that Wesley was reunited with his son.

Nightfall was coming and Kiara had to make sure that Navarez was safely in her room to change. She thought he should tell her father but respected his wishes to keep it a secret. She didn't think the king would look down at him at all. King Geoffrey did care about Navarez a lot too. Often treating him like the son he had never had. King Geoffrey was enjoying Wesley's company and didn't want the night to end.

"Father, the moon is going to rise soon."

"So? The night is still young."

King Geoffrey replied. Her father was right, it wasn't that late but she didn't want Navarez to turn right in front of everyone. Kiara told him.

"I know but the journey to meet the sorceress is a long one and we all need lots of rest. Besides, we will have to have breakfast before we leave."

King Geoffrey nodded his head in understanding.

"Yes, of course. You will have a good meal before you all leave."

The king loved guests, especially guests that weren't jerks like the Grand Duke. The king had a servant show Wesley to room where he could sleep and told the servants to gather some changes of clothes for their temporary visitor. Wearing the clothing style of Cyrch would surely benefit him more. Kiara told Wesley and her father good night and quickly left the dining hall with Navarez.

"I thought we'd never get to leave."

Kiara told Navarez as she grabbed a blanket for Navarez to cover himself up before he changed. They had learned from their past mistake and now always made sure he had a blanket to cover himself and his clothes nearby in the morning. Navarez's wolf was a pretty form. The fur was beautiful. It was good thing he did not want to change in the woods often, a hunter might go after him for his fur. If something terrible ever happened to Navarez, it would upset the princess greatly. He was a dear to her. After he turned, Kiara quickly changed into her night clothes and hopped into her bed. She patted it for Navarez to join her.

"It's okay. You're home, with me."

She assured Navarez and when he joined her in the bed, she began to pet his head. She was tired herself and hoped that the night would uneventful.

---------------------

The feast for Wesley had been horrible to Reginald. It was clear the king had made a new friend and the Grand Duke didn't believe for a minute that Wesley didn't come here from New Jersey to not try and court the princess. It was clear she hated Reginald but he didn't care about that. After all, he only had to tolerate her long enough to get married and make her with child. She could die in childbirth and he wouldn't grieve the brat much. Then there was Navarez, the man at arms and the princess had went off together. The captain needed to know his place. Reginald was holding a dagger and he knew he had needed to take matters into his own hands. His future was slipping through his fingers, Navarez and Wesley would not stand in the way of him becoming king.

He hadn't been visiting the castle long and he didn't know his way around it very well. It was quiet, with very few guards inside the walls. He was hunting for Navarez but happened upon Wesley instead.

"I know why you are here and you will not take the princess away from me."

Reginald angrily told Wesley. He had been angry for hours but he held it back in front of King Geoffrey. The king was fast asleep now and he couldn't protect this man.

"You will be reunited with your son in the afterlife!"

Reginald yelled, not caring in his anger who he woke up, and charged at Wesley with the dagger held high. Ready to stab the unwanted visitor to death.

---------------------------

Audrey didn't know what to do but she didn't want Doctor Stevens or Amber to leave. She felt the father and daughter were the only people who could help bring Wesley home. Audrey nodded her head in understanding that Cyrch was just one of many lands he had visited and while he loved the place, he got messages from home.

"I think understand. Seeing an amazing land, meeting the people, it would make want you to go back..."

'Or never come home....' She wondered if that was what was happening to Wesley. Was he falling in love with the land already and the people in it. Would he want to come home? She hoped so....Brandis needed his father and....She would miss him too. Not that she thought she alone would be enough to bring him home but hopefully his love for his son would be enough for him to resist staying there.

Audrey could see that the doctor and his daughter loved each other very much and nodded her head that Amber was capable of taking care of herself. She could even understand why Amber would want to go. She surely had heard her father's stories and wanted to see it for herself. Also, she could have a new body. Maybe even walk....She looked curiously at Brandis. While her son wasn't sure what to make of all of this, Brandis seemed very much at peace. Like he knew more then what he was saying. She planned to ask him about this when it was just her and the boys.

"I understand and I don't want you to go. You were there...I think we need you to help him come home..."

'If he wants to come home,' Audrey thought in her mind. Trenton grabbed Audrey's hand to get her attention.

"Mom? What's wrong with Mister Bux now?"

He asked, looking over at Wesley twitching on the bed. Audrey's eyes got wide in shock.

"I don't....Is that normal?"

She asked the doctor.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:16 pm 

"I don't know if that is normal" Doctor Stevens stated. "But, maybe it means he is in distress where he is visiting." Brandis looked curiously and, running off of Amber's lap, went over to his Dad and began speaking to him. "Dad! Dad, I'm here you know. You can come home if you wish. Mom and I are here ... I mean ..." He went silent for a moment and then improved. "You know, Aunt Audrey who is really my mom now."

............ ............

The Duke, Reginald, came at Wesley with the dagger. He had turned into a madman, or at least that is what it seemed. Wesley barely rolled off the bed, missing the dagger, but Reginald was not through. He would continue seeking to come after him. Wesley thought he heard some scratching at the door; suddenly, time stopped. Everything stood still; even Reginald with the dagger. The door went silent; the room, though he could walk through it, had shadows from the candle. But the candle stopped flickering, though it was on.

And before Wesley knelt a beautiful woman; pretty with some sort of nobility with utmost purity. Wesley believed it was the woman he first saw before meeting Kiara. She opened her arms wide. "Wesley, come here." Wesley was drawn to her. The woman took him in her arms and wrapped him in a lavish hug. "I have missed you." Wesley looked up and looked deep in the woman's face. "You don't know me; but I know you. I came to this world when you were born."

"And what did you mean I needed healing?" Wesley asked the woman in reference to the first night he saw her. "I meant exactly that; you are not whole and complete; and your son needs you. Reginald, here, is a man full of passion. But he will not kill you, if you are willing to open that yonder door. Do you feel love for Princess Kiara?"

Wesley stopped a moment to examine this question to himself. "Yes, I do love her though I only just met her. I'm not sure why."

The mystical woman continued. "I am here through teleportation; I cannot stay and I cannot change what is about to happen. I can only remind you that what is about to happen is up to you. But keep your love for Kiara; but it's not the type of love that you think. That is all I can tell you, my child. I must go now."

"Wait!" Wesley exclaimed.

"I cannot wait; I should not even be here; but I was here out of curiosity. I do not know if I could visit you in dreams, but visit you here I cannot anymore. Because I no longer live in this world, I fear I would destroy time itself. Goodbye Sir Wesley."

"Who are you?" Wesley asked.

"When I lived here, I went by the name ... Julianna."

--------------- --------------- ---------------

Navarez, in wolf form, knew what he had heard. He jumped on Wesley's door, scratched and scratched, gritting his teeth, and trying to open the door. It was latched from the inside; he had noticed that when Reginald went in, he closed the door and Navarez heard it latch from the inside.

Navarez's ear continued perking, his tail wagged back and forth in excitement. It was clear that Navarez had to protect Wesley, even if Wesley was a love interest to the Princess. He had been dubbed royal guest, and no one in the castle could impugn upon a guest.

Navarez would walk away from the door and back again, unsure how to open it. A few times, he looked up to Kiara who had followed him out hoping she could do something to the door to open it.

Then time stopped. Kiara no longer moved, no more shadows moving in the castle, the door and the events behind the door, of Reginald screaming obscenities at Wesley ... it all stopped. Before Navarez was a beautiful woman; she was different, yet awfully familiar. The woman stooped down, petting Navarez' back end as if she knew animal instincts were to dislike being petted on the head or mane. It may have been seen as an act of aggression.

"Navarez" the woman said gently ... (no, was it his former queen's voice?) "Kiara loves you; do not fret the love of Kiara and Wesley. Their love is a bond that has always been, though they never knew it. But the love between you and her is a bond that is unbreakable. They do not compete with each other. Oh dear Navarez ... I miss you."

The woman of beauty disappeared slowly, and time resumed. Navarez returned to howling at the door, and the door opened. Navarez crouched down, teeth clenched, ready to pounce on whomever it was at the door.

But he didn't think; he simply jumped ... on top of Wesley.

For a moment, Navarez bore his teeth and Wesley was incredibly scared. Then Navarez stopped bearing his teeth, moved his nose close to Wesley, and gave a gentle lick on his cheek. Getting off of Wesley, Navarez slowly turned around and saw Reginald, seeming drunk with rage, waving around a knife. Navarez gritted his teeth, gave a low guttural growl, and waited for Navarez to make his next move.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:03 pm 

"Oh, no...That's not good."

Audrey replied when the doctor said it could mean he was in distress in this other world. She bit her lip and felt useless. There was nothing anyone could do but hope that Wesley would be okay. Maybe he was making friends in this Cyrch land that could help him out. Of course, those people might make him want to stay there forever too. She hoped he wouldn't. Brandis needed his father and....She and Trenton needed him in their lives too.

Trenton followed Brandis over to Wesley's side.

"Brandis is right. You can fight whatever is happening and come home."

------------------------------------------

Reginald wasn't going to stop until Wesley was dead. He planned to cover it all up, of course. Be shocked along with the king and his daughter that Wesley had just disappeared. Then marry Kiara quickly and be crowned the next king. It would all go the way he wanted, once this man was dead.

"I'm not going-"

Reginald was going to yell that he was never going to stop until Wesley was dead when he frozen in place, with the dagger raised high in the air.

---------------------------

Kiara tried to fall asleep but when Navarez jumped out of the bed, she followed him. She heard yelling and knew it was coming from the guest room they had given Wesley for the night. She grabbed a robe and ran after Navarez.

"Guards! Guards!"

She yelled. They had only a few guards patrolling the inside of the castle but hearing the princess' voice got their attention fast. She wanted as much backup as they could get. Navarez, in his wolf form, beat them all to Wesley's room. Kiara was going to try to open the door, when she and the guards that were coming from down the hall all froze.

Kiara and the guards had no idea what happened or that time had even stopped. One of the guards helped Kiara force the lock door open and the others pointed their swords at Reginald. For a moment she wondered if Navarez was going to attack Wesley but she saw him lick him instead.

"Drop the dagger!"

Kiara ordered Reginald. Her order just angered the Duke more.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do!"

"Like hell I can't! This is my castle and you will do as I say. Drop it or my wolf and my guards will make it from you by force."

Which meant she'd let Navarez do whatever he wanted in his wolf form to Reginald. Reginald saw red at the princess' order and lost it. He charged at Kiara with the dagger instead.

ImageImage