All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Both of those two options probably had some truth behind them. Nanook had shared a lot with her about what wolf behavioral expectations were like. She also was probably experiencing the awakening of her instincts to a degree as well. These two different facets were probably both happening at the same time.

Jealousy wasn't something that Nanook was really going to elicit in her either more than likely. He wouldn't have ever been the type to look at other women. He would have been instead quite loyal to her. Wolves were indeed loyal, and that was part of the reason why he was so cautious about selecting a mate for all this time. Indeed, this still seemed like it might have been rather sudden in the grand scheme of things, but he wasn't taking things too quickly by human standards.

Laughing a bit in her response to the jewelry, he finally allowed himself the luxury of raising an eyebrow. "Wait a moment, you want to look as Goth as I did that night then?" That was of course a very funny thought, but then it seemed like she had agreed to see the other things that he had in his wardrobe.

What he had been talking about was more of a gift than a commitment item. Eventually, though, he would have more than likely purchased some form of a commitment item for her. He was thinking of a nice ring, but then again since his tastes were so different he wasn't sure what she would have liked to get from him.

Shaking his head to rid these thoughts from his head, though he would have probably looked to just be clearing his long hair out of his ears to her, Nanook smile and started to clean up. "Alright, then just give me a few moments to clean up and we can go look at my clothes, does that sound good to you?"

That being said, he was blushing once she had made the comment about liking both of his forms as well. It looked odd to see Nanook blush really, considering his personality otherwise.

"What else would you like to know? Please feel free to ask anything, because if you don't then I will have no idea how to aid you and let you know what it is that I should be saying." With that he sighed, but he had soon found that he really was done cleaning up.

Washing his own hands and such, it looked like he was now ready to go and show her his wardrobe. "I have one piece of formal wear, and the rest of pretty much everything is funky. You've only seen me dressed two different ways thus far, right? The usual skater me and the cyber me at the club?" Nanook laughed again, waiting for her to follow along.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

One thing Marissa had to admit was that she was becoming more comfortable by the minute. It was a mixture of instinct and her usual easy-going nature, probably. There was also something about Nanook that made her feel at ease, but she couldn’t put it in words quite yet.

It was a good thing that Nanook was not the kind to look at other girls. Marissa wasn’t sure about whether or not she was a jealous kind of person. She had never gotten close enough to anyone to actually be jealous, so she would have to wait and see. Despite this fact, Marissa felt that she didn’t have to worry about Nanook doing anything that could make her jealous. Hopefully, in case they happened to get along as a couple, things would run smoothly between them.

When Nanook asked her if she wanted to look Goth, Marissa couldn’t help but laugh as well. “Well, I have looked like so many different things because of work”, she joked. “And I wouldn’t really mind having something with your style. It would serve as a reminder when we’re apart”. Blushing hard after these words, Marissa decided she would make no other comment on that specific matter for now.

As Nanook shook his head and talked about cleaning up, Marissa nodded. She stood up as well and started helping Nanook with the task of getting everything cleaned up. “Sounds great”, she replied while helping out. She didn’t do that as something she had to make herself do. It seemed to be a natural thing for Marissa to start helping as soon as she saw someone working.

It was sort of pleasant to see Nanook blush, but Marissa didn’t comment on it. She felt that it would only make things more awkward if she did.

Taking the offered opportunity, Marissa decided that asking questions was probably a good thing to do while they checked on Nanook’s clothes. “I think I will get the whole behavior thing in time, I mean, I have to, right?”, she started. “Are there others like us around the area? And if so, what is your relationship to them like?”, the girl asked, trying to grasp the whole new universe she was now immersed in.

After this question, Marissa did indeed follow Nanook. “Just one? I don’t suppose you use it that much, but I think having at least another one would be nice. What if I want to take you to a fancy restaurant?”, she joked. After nibbling on her lower lip, the girl shook her head. “Sorry. I just have this feeling that I have to take care of the people around me and it can make me a little bit nosey”, she explained quietly. “I will try not to go overboard with you”. Finishing this sentence, Marissa waited for Nanook to show her what she had, wondering what he would think of her own clothes. She had basic clothes for her own use, but there was a part of her closet that housed a lot of interesting pieces, as those were the ones she wore during theme nights at the club, and it would probably be fun to show them all to him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 pm 

Jealousy was of course one of the emotions that wolves felt very strongly about. A wolf that went and looked at others in front of their mate was probably going to get bit. Justice in this respect often turned out to be very swift of course. Looking her over, though, Nanook knew very well that he only had eyes for her anyway. It was pretty obvious to him at this point that even if he weren't a werewolf he wouldn't let his eyes wander around.

Eventually, though, his mind had to turn straight back to the topic at hand. That was a little more immediately important. Laughing a bit at her joke, he soon rolled his eyes. "You don't know how hardcore some of the stuff that I have really is." He then finally shook his head. "Personally I would prefer if we weren't apart, but absence makes the heart grow fonder they say."

Soon enough he had taken the opportunity to take her to where they could have gotten a better glimpse of his clothing. "When there are others around us, you'll smell them, okay? Does that make sense? If you remember, then I originally caught a glimpse of you because you weren't smelling like the others smell." A statement like that must have been pretty obtuse.

That being said, if she ever had a chance to smell another werewolf, then she would definitely have known it. There was no question about that at all. They had a unique scent all their own. In fact, it was even somewhat different from that of a natural wolf's. That being said, he wasn't even sure she could have pulled out the smell of a natural wolf at this point either.

Still, there were some lighter things for him to take care of as well. Naturally he had to show her his collection.

It really did seem that he liked to dress the part. Nanook additionally seemed to have a certain affinity for unnecessary straps strewn over his garments. That would probably have defined most of the things that he wore here honestly.

ImageImageImage

"Eventually you will act like the rest of us, but I still want you to be yourself no matter what, okay?" Over time he then laughed at her question about the fancy restaurant. "Are you being serious? If so, well I guess I can show you the one I have, okay?" He started to dig around in his closet, which suggested that he no longer dressed rather formally.

It was a far cry from how he might have lived in early 20th century Alaska indeed. Skagway provided him with many more opportunities to dress up than he had today. Well, at least to dress up formally.

"How would it be to be a wolf at a fine restaurant?" Nanook was of course joking. He had plenty of control over himself and his form. He wouldn't have actually made a scene at all despite what he had said. Nevertheless, he actually wondered how she would have been with all the food. Still it did at least look like she had been handling herself quite well thus far. He might very well have had nothing to worry about really.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:56 pm 

Sort of back.

It would be very reassuring for Marissa to know that Nanook wouldn’t have a wandering eye. She wasn’t particularly jealous - at least didn’t think to be -, but it was still good to know she had nothing to worry about. Of course, neither did Nanook. Marissa was pretty sure that she wouldn’t be interested in anyone else.

When Nanook rolled his eyes and laughed, Marissa joined him in the laughter. “I can’t wait to see the hardcore stuff you have here”, Marissa replied, shaking her head. She was clearly very curious to find out what could be so hardcore about Nanook’s clothes. The comment about him preferring if they weren’t apart caught Marissa a bit by surprise, but in a pleasant way. With a smile, she just nodded. To be honest with herself, Marissa didn’t really know what to say.

Walking with Nanook to where they could see his clothes, Marissa listened to what he had to say and nodded. It made a lot of sense that she should smell others like them so she could figure out what they smelled like. She nodded when he asked if she remembered that he had picked up on something different about her. “That does make sense”, Marissa commented, appearing to be a little pensive. “What did I smell like? And do I smell differently now?”, she asked, curiously.

Of course, Marissa had no idea what the smell of a wolf was like. And she had even less of an idea what a werewolf smelled or acted like. That was something she would have to learn. But for now, she just wanted to see what Nanook wanted to show her.

It was with big curious eyes that Marissa watched every piece she could see. It was very different from what she used to wear, but she liked the style. She felt that it matched Nanook’s personality.

When Nanook said that he wanted her to be herself, Marissa smiled. “Don’t worry - I don’t think what I am at the core will ever change”, she replied, shaking her head. It was kind of sweet to hear that from Nanook.

She nodded when he asked if she was being serious about taking him to a fancy restaurant. While Nanook dug around, Marissa watched him with a smile. The girl couldn’t help but laugh when Nanook asked her what a wolf would be like in a restaurant. “I’m sure you would behave quite well”, she finally replied once she managed to stop laughing. “And I would really like you to come with me one day”, Marissa completed.

While Nanook looked around for his formal clothes, Marissa walked around a little, making a recognition in his room. It was apparently a newfound instinct for her to simply check around and make sure every place was safe. “I want to go places with you, you know. Do things”, she stated, turning around to look at Nanook. “I want you to have fun and enjoy every moment we spend together”.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:44 am 

Before Marissa seemed to express some beliefs about just how loyal wolves are. This then would have made quite a bit of sense with his lack of a wandering eye. Considering that he had turned her, he considered her to be part of his pack. Ultimately he would have even thought that if she didn't choose him as a mate.

As a result, he would have remained quite loyal to her. Once they had looked over his clothing, Nanook turned back toward her eyes. "Well then, how did you like it? Was it hardcore enough for you?" Having laughed, he then finally found his suit. It was actually nice, though it probably needed to be laundered.

In spite of the fact that suits usually recommended dry cleaning, he figured it was sturdy enough to take a machine wash. Removing it from the closet, he looked back toward her with a bit of a smirk. "How does this look then? I'll take it to the laundromat later if you want me to, but would you have somewhere in mind for us to go? For that matter, did you want me to pay for the restaurant when you take me?"

Nanook laughed a bit, though in spite of his jokes he would have been more than happy to pay for them both. He would have considered it a nice way to repay her for making breakfast.

"You smell like one person now, but before you smelled like you do now plus you had the odor of another, does that make any sense to you at all? Do you see why I was interested in following you once I smelled that?" Nanook was quite serious about what it was that he was saying. He realized that it was probably an abstract concept.

However, she seemed to be a quick study so far. He trusted that she would have been able to follow along with this concept as well. Nanook was completely telling the truth here. He smelled her plus he smelled another in the same body. It was unusual to say the least, and that was why he had wanted to follow her around from the moment that they had met.

"Often you can smell someone else on another person because they've been in contact with them, but then again your extra smell was coming directly from inside of yourself. That was what had been so unusual about it to me. You actually really did have two different odors that were trapped inside of the same body."

Eventually he frowned, not sure if she wanted to talk about this yet considering what it was that she had said about the whole issue before. He didn't want to press anything on her that wasn't comfortable for her to talk about.

"Let me know the moment you want me to change the topic, put some music on or get you something to drink, okay?" Nanook really wanted her to feel at home if that were at all possible right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:53 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa was relieved to be considered a part of Nanook’s pack. She wouldn’t even know how to go about finding a pack by herself, after all. And knowing that she now had someone whom she would spend the rest of her life with - from what she had grasped, at least - definitely gave Mari a sense of security.

When Nanook asked her how she had liked his clothes, Marissa smiled. “It was definitely hardcore enough for me”, she replied, still smiling. The girl was still smiling when Nanook finally found his suit. Looking it up and down, Marissa nodded approvingly. “Looks really nice, and it will be perfect after a wash”. After a pause and nibbling on her lower lip, Marissa took a deep breath and finally placed an offer. It was something she had in her, this willingness to do something to help other. “I can do it if you want me to”, she murmured quietly.

Once he asked her if she would like him to pay for them both, Marissa paused to think. “That would sound a lot like a date”, she commented quietly, a light blush showing on her cheeks.

After a pause, Marissa listened to what Nanook had to say about her scent. She thought for a moment. It was odd to think that she could smell like two people. But from what she had heard, the other girl was completely different from her usual personality. Still, it was a bit strange to ‘lose’ her. “I understand, but it’s… so strange”, she murmured, half to herself and half to Nanook.

Nanook’s next words went unanswered for a while, as Marissa seemed deep in thought. After a moment just staring at nothing, she turned back to Nanook. “I’m sorry, I was just thinking about everything”, she explained, letting out a small sigh. “Would you like to have a little more coffee and sit down, so I can tell you everything you have yet to know about me?”, Mari asked, deciding that it might be a good thing to just get it over with.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:24 pm 

Since he had been the one to turn her anyway, Nanook would have been obligated and honor bound to treat her as part of his pack. She wouldn't have ever had to find her own. The reasons for this were those same ones that she was citing before about how wolves take care of their families. He would have liked to spend the rest of his life with her. However, considering the nigh immortality that they had at this point, Nanook was still rather opposed to rushing anything.

"Wait, you wouldn't mind giving my suit a wash for me?" He seemed genuinely surprised at this admission. "I take it that the other stuff isn't quite what you'd usually wear in that case, huh?" Again he laughed, hoping that she didn't mind the fact that he often made fun of himself in these situations as well.

He was of the opinion that if he couldn't laugh at himself, then he wouldn't have had anyone else to laugh at either. "Well, at this point, would you really mind if it were a date?" She was already visiting him at home like this. Honestly, to him, this already did feel like it was intended to be a date. Certainly he wouldn't have taken offense to having another one.

"I think that would be a good idea to sit down like that, but only tell me what you feel comfortable about, okay?" Nanook was more forceful than his words might have suggested. He was a wolf and carried many of those traits with him. Knowing that he was going to get everything out of her in turn gave him the luxury to reply that way.

Usually he used more finesse than this, however. He didn't intend to use any overt force to manipulate her. Rather, he figured that he was going to be able to talk everything out of her. She trusted him quite a bit at this point, and to his credit he meant her no harm.

Rather, he had wanted to sculpt her into the tough powerful predator that he knew very well she could become. On that one night she had already tasted flesh. He knew that she must have been developing a need for it. Cravings were going to start to develop within her, and he knew that those were going to manipulate her far more than he ever would have been able to.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:34 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa was happy about two things regarding Nanook. One of them was the fact that he was willing to accept her as part of her pack. The other was that he was patient enough not to rush her into anything. It was something she really appreciated, as there was a lot Marissa had to learn. She wasn’t really experienced in relationships - due to her ‘other’ nature, Marissa hadn’t considered safe to be with anyone more closely. And of course, she was still learning everything about being a werewolf, and would need to adjust to this new nature. Hopefully, it wouldn’t take too long for her to get used to being what she was now.

When Nanook asked if she wouldn’t mind giving his suit a wash, Marissa smiled and shook her head on a negative. “Not at all, it will be a pleasure”, she replied honestly. She laughed when he mentioned the other clothes. “Not really, but hey, to each their own”, Marissa replied, also laughing. It was funny that she was feeling so comfortable, so easily.

Marissa really appreciated that Nanook was capable of laughing at himself. It was always a sign that someone had a sense of humor. Marissa always had a pretty good one, and was not above laughing at herself and making fun of her own shortcomings.

When Nanook asked if she would mind if their outing was a date, Marissa smiled and felt her cheeks warm up a little. “Not at all. It would be fun to go out on a date with you”, Marissa murmured quietly. After some hesitation, the young blonde held out a hand and squeezed Nanook’s for a moment before letting it go.

After letting Nanook’s hand go, Marissa sighed softly. She really didn’t feel like remembering everything about her past, but Nanook had the right to know the truth about her. “All right. It’s… not easy to talk about that, but I feel that I need to”, Marissa whispered very quietly. It was something she usually did when uncomfortable, but it was likely that this was a trait of hers Nanook had yet to learn about - unless he could smell her anxiety, which wasn’t unlikely. “And I want to tell you everything. I just hope you won’t think I’m weak if I have to stop halfway and collect myself”, she completed, before nibbling on her lower lip.

Marissa wasn’t sure about her ability not to tell Nanook everything. If he asked or insisted, she would surely be willing to telling him everything he wanted to hear. But she hoped that he would at least give her time to remember and reconstruct her past, since part of her memories seemed blurry.

“All right… I think I’m ready to start. Where are we talking?”, Marissa finally asked, straightening her back and taking a deep breath as though she was preparing herself for a potentially difficult mission.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:25 pm 

His positions on almost all of these topics were interesting from the standpoint of a neutral observer. If someone were writing a history of Nanook and Marissa, looking back, then they might have viewed Nanook as manipulative. He wouldn't have seen himself as such, however. What he had done was save her from something that had bothered her. In his mind, he was giving her a second chance. Nanook was giving her an entirely new life, and simply wanted to guide her in the right direction like a teacher.

Certainly it could be said that he was an exceptionally violent teacher, but that wasn't the issue here at the moment. Anyway, though, he looked around for a few moments and smiled. "You know, I really wish humans could wag their tails, but we can't all get what we want!" He smirked, hoping that she'd realize that was a nicer way to show expressions. It clearly would have fit the mood when she promised to clean his suit for him.

"Well, in that case, did you want to plan for something soon?" Nanook liked the idea of going on a date as well. Even if he was a monster, he was still human after all. Eh, well he was still half-human anyway.

Shaking his head, Nanook held her tight once she asked if he would have considered her weak. He wouldn't have done so. At this point, he wasn't even sure if he was capable of doing so, considering everything that she had gone through at his request. Regardless, soon enough he finally found himself releasing her and let loose a gentle exhalation.

"Well, let me think, do you want to speak on the bed? Laying down might help you to feel more comfortable." Additionally he figured that some of that wolf's instinct might kick in, and then cause her to curl up when faced with something difficult.

"Is there anything else I can do to make you feel more comfortable about talking this over with me? I know that it must be very difficult, so I wouldn't ever call you weak for it, alright?"

Finally Nanook swallowed, not at all sure of where she was going to begin. Either way, though, he wasn't going to be one to force her hand in this respect. Rather, he simply wanted to figure out how that all happened.

There were so many questions that he had wanted to ask. He wanted to ask her if a curse had been put on her head or something. He had wanted to ask instead if someone had placed a dead spirit who had not rested properly within her. However, none of these questions seemed at all appropriate. He really thought that it would have just been best to let this go at her pace.

In fact, he figured that he never would have heard the whole story otherwise, so even if he didn't care for her so incredibly much than he still wouldn't have forced her hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:40 pm 

Sort of back.

If someone asked Marissa, she wouldn’t have said Nanook was manipulative either. She was truly grateful to him for what he had done. Of course, it was a very odd - to say the least - way of solving her problem. But it had dealt with her other half, so Marissa was not about to complain. Sure, she knew it was a complete turn in her life, but she was willing to take it, if that meant that she would have control over her days and nights back.

The lessons Marissa would have to learn to fit into this new life would probably be hard and violent ones. But yet, it was better than not owning her own life in the way it was before. At least, now, she knew she was in control, even if she had to live a double life in a different way. When Nanook said he wished humans could wag their tails, Marissa couldn’t help but laugh. “That would be a sight to see, indeed!”, she replied, still laughing between words. “But I don’t think it would look too proper, so a smile will do. I like hugs too”, Marissa completed, finally managing to slowly stop laughing.

Focusing back on the idea of a date, Marissa nodded. “Sure, why don’t we plan it for as soon as I’m done with your suit?”, she suggested. If Marissa were to be honest, it had been a long time since she had gone on a date. After the other one had taken a part of her life over, Marissa had withdrawn for a part of what made a normal life, afraid that ‘she’ might hurt someone’s feelings. God knew it had already happened with friends, and she would have hated for it to happen with someone she cared more deeply about. Now, though, that part of her life was in the past, and she could get back to a normal pattern. At least more normal than the one she previously had, that is.

Feeling Nanook hold her tight made Marissa relax a little. It felt good to know that he wouldn’t have considered her weak if speaking about her past gave her a hard time. That made her feel safe, and more secure to talk about everything for the first time. When Nanook released her, Marissa also exhaled softly. It was something she didn’t really think before doing, but something within her had a need to mirror some of Nanook’s actions.

When Nanook offered her to speak on the bed, Marissa blinked a few times in surprise. His second sentence made her understand his offer, though. It did make sense that she would feel more comfortable there. With a smile, Marissa nodded gently. “That would be nice. Thanks for being so considerate”, she replied, moving to take off her shoes.

Nanook’s question about what he could do to make her more comfortable made Marissa nibble on her lip for a few seconds. It was a habit of hers, something she always did when pensive. After a while, she nodded. “Just stay near, so I can... hold your hand, or anything, if you don’t mind that”, Marissa requested very quietly.

Marissa wasn’t that sure about where she should begin telling her story either. It wasn’t something she was used to doing, something she had ever done before. No, it was just something that she would have to figure out. After some time thinking and getting her memories in order, Marissa decided to start from the beginning - the first memories she had - and build up from there. It should be easier to work this way.

Marissa could imagine that questions would be a part of the process. Of course, she didn’t really know exactly which questions Nanook wanted to ask. Those would have to be asked, in case he really wanted to, after she finished her narrative, or while she told it. Marissa wouldn’t have minded if Nanook broke into her narrative to ask questions, not at all, to be honest. It might even help her get back on track.

With a deep sigh, Marissa walked to Nanook’s bed and laid down, waiting for him to get close so she could start telling him everything she could remember about her past.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:31 pm 

Ironically, even though an outside commentator might very well have called Nanook manipulative, he himself had been pretty open about all of his intentions. Marissa could have rejected him at any moment. She could simply have said that she didn't want to do this. Nanook would have tried to convince her otherwise, but in the end he would never have forced her. At any moment she could still have asked him his intentions, and he would have been quite open about them.

"Well, you would like to see a wagging tail, wouldn't you?" Grinning a bit, he looked up toward her. The grin was, of course, quite wolfish in the end and she probably could have noticed such a trait underneath it all. "I do like the idea that we'll go somewhere once you're done with my suit, though you can just machine wash it or whatever, alright?" Soon enough he figured that her comment about hugs meant that she had wanted one.

Nanook's arms were then draped around her neck and he rubbed her nose for a moment. "They used to call these Eskimo kisses, but they actually have no resemblance to anything that we actually ever historically did!" Snickering for a few moments he finally actually kissed her properly if she would have allowed him to, and then withdrew and let his arms drape down.

At this point she more than likely would have had to take a few moments to relax herself. Getting into the mood under which she would have been able to take care of what she had to tell him was going to be pretty difficult to say the least. For a few moments it even seemed that he was preparing himself with a stretch, though he also just had some stiffness to get rid of anyway.

To some observers it might have looked odd that he had to take time to prepare himself, but it really wasn't. Nanook wanted to be ready for hearing about pain that the girl he loved had faced. That pain was very much his pain as well in that case. He didn't actually want to think that she would have had to suffer so much. At this point when she had suffered he had symbiotically felt that as well.

Regardless he had soon joined her on the bed. Nanook had wordlessly made sure to get them both a glass of icy cold water before they went on with anything. He figured that she might very well have needed it. Shutting his eyes, he turned the ceiling fan on and looked toward the fan that was in the window. "Are these too loud? Honestly I really don't use air conditioning much!" It didn't really need it today, but he didn't want that famous Los Angeles smog getting in.

Eventually he made his way right back onto the bed after having taken a few sips, and he was curled up next toward her with his eyes now totally shut. Sighing in turn, he tried to nuzzle her. He would have gotten quite close if she didn't feel too hot, or uncomfortable by his motions. Should she have felt otherwise, though, then he would have simply withdrawn from her. Shaking his head, it seemed like he had wished to do nothing that might have disrupted her in anyway.

Understanding that this was a very big deal for her at the moment, he didn't want to do anything that would have jeopardized it. While he had needed to hear what it was that she was going to say, he also figured that it must have been some form of catharsis for her. He wanted her to feel open.

"Would it help if I turned some music on to relax you?" Nanook then laughed at the question. "If I did, then you would pick the music, not me!" He figured that any of the music that would have come to mind for him would have just given her a headache at this point.

Sighing almost silently, should nothing else have impeded him he would have then started to play with her hair. He had no idea if she would have permitted that. Nevertheless, he reflected for a moment on their relationship without saying anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:35 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa really didn’t feel like there was anything wrong with Nanook’s behavior. She liked him, and felt that he liked her and wanted to help her. It might be a very odd way of helping, but he had indeed helped her. She was, now, in charge of her own fate again.

Shaking her head when Nanook asked her if she would like to see a wagging tail, Marissa couldn’t help but laugh. “You do know that some people are born with something similar to a tail, right? But I don’t know if they wag it…”, she commented, laughing at the breaks between words. A bit more serious, Marissa nodded when Nanook told her she could just machine wash his suit. “I’ll take a look at it when I get home”, Marissa promised. “I wouldn’t want it to be ruined, so I’ll see what can be done. But don’t worry, I won’t take too long. I’m really looking forward to going somewhere nice with you”.

Smiling when Nanook caught her hint about a hug, Marissa hugged him back. Her smile was a lot gentler than him, but that was just to be expected. Marissa was a kindly soul, and had just become a werewolf, so it would probably take some time for her to pick up on some traits she would eventually develop. The nose rub made Marissa’s smile grow a little wider. It was clear that she was enjoying it. When Nanook told her that the name ‘Eskimo kisses’ for that was wrong, she smiled. “I hope that doesn’t mean we can’t do this again. I have to confess I like it”, the girl replied, repeating that ‘Eskimo kiss’ after her words.

Allowing Nanook to kiss her properly, Marissa stood on her tiptoes, her hands resting on his shoulders. She didn’t think much, but it felt very natural and easy to kiss Nanook like this.

After the kiss, Marissa took a long and deep breath, trying to steel herself for the moments ahead. She wasn’t too comfortable with the idea of talking about her past again, but not because she didn’t trust Nanook. It was because those were very painful memories she would have liked to forget.

After her deep breath and removing her shoes to get more comfortable, Marissa waited for Nanook to join her, noticing his initiative in getting them water. She might as well need it after speaking.

Marissa didn’t mind the sound of the fans, and she was used to being all right in any kind of environment. And, small as she was, Marissa felt cold easily, so it was perfectly fine for her to be at an environment without air conditioning. “Don’t worry, it’s okay”, she replied quietly. Even if it wasn’t, Marissa wouldn’t have complained. She never did, to be honest.

Keeping silent for a moment, Marissa sighed and laid on Nanook’s bed, choosing the best position she could find. Closing her eyes for a few seconds just to think about what she would say, Marissa finally started speaking, her voice quiet and soft.

While she spoke, Marissa kept her arms over Nanook’s, so he wouldn’t feel like he had to let her go at any point. Shaking her head when Nanook offered to turn some music on, Marissa sighed. “Thank you, but no. I just need you here”, she replied quietly. Feeling Nanook play with her hair helped Marissa relax, and when she started speaking, the young woman sounded a little calmer.

“All right. I’m sorry if there are… holes in my story, but there are things I actually don’t remember”, she explained, before starting. “I was born in a small town down South. Really small, it was mostly farmhouses. It was a nice place”. Marissa paused and smiled to herself. She really missed living in a small town and spending more time with animals than with people. Shaking her head, Marissa carried on. “My father… went away, or passed away, I’m not really sure, when I was very little. He simply wasn’t there anymore and I… I didn’t ask too many questions. After he left, my mother was always angry and impatient”. Marissa frowned a little and continued speaking. “After my father left or died, things started getting harder and harder. We were never rich, but it got more complicated when it became only the two of us. I didn’t know how to do much, and I was too young to be of help, and she was so mad at me all the time…”. Another sigh, and she carried on. “I will confess that my memory is sort of hazy about the next years. It was a pretty dull life, until I was fourteen. She was always… yelling at me, sometimes she would hit me when she was too angry, and I kind of… got used to it, I guess. After a while, I didn’t care all that much”. The girl swallowed hard. “I… that was when the farm house caught on fire. I didn’t know… I don’t know how it started, but it did. We were asleep. I don’t really know what caused it. It might have been a candle, or a faulty wire, I can’t really tell. All I know is that I barely had time to run out of the house. My mother… didn’t. I still saw her, upstairs - I slept downstairs -, screaming, and… asking for help”.

Another deep breath was taken during a break. “I didn’t try to get back in. I was afraid, and… she had been pretty horrible to me in the past years, so… I feel horrible saying that, but I didn’t want to try”. She paused again and closed her eyes. “I confess I… felt kind of… not happy, but relieved when she…”. Marissa stopped, unable to complete the sentence. “I think that was when I started… breaking, splitting myself in two… I think that’s when she was born”. Marissa broke her narrative again, and then turned to face Nanook. “Should I go on, or do you think I’m a horrible person and would want me to go away?”, she asked, quietly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:48 am 

One of the things that were most endearing to Nanook about about Marissa was the fact that she never seemed to critique his behavior. She never second-guessed or doubted him. Nevertheless, that didn't mean that he thought it was blind faith either. He wouldn't have liked that at all. Blind faith wasn't really true faith at all no matter what anyone said about it. It meant that someone wasn't really following something because they genuinely cared about it, but because they were misguided.

In spite of everything else, he wanted her to think independently. Nanook wanted her to follow him and learn to be a proper werewolf because she wanted to, not because she felt she had to please him. In a way that would have ruined everything for him, and he wanted to go back on it. He wouldn't have wanted someone who followed him like a lost puppy. In a sense, too, it would have been fairly creepy. He was looking for a friend and an eternal mate who didn't shy away from violence, but instead reveled in it. What he wasn't looking for was a sycophant.

"Are you talking about people who have a little appendage on their backs? That's not a tail; they don't have any bones in it!" He laughed a bit, having thus suggested that they wouldn't have been able to wag them even if they had tried to. Nodding once she seemed more serious, he eventually raised a brow at her. "Like I said, at this point I doubt even a machine wash would cause any problems. You don't have to fear shrinkage, because it's probably stretched out hanging in the closet all this time."

While a machine wash and a tumble dry probably weren't suggested for suits very often, it might have actually been the best thing in this case. "I bought it at a thrift shop anyway." That sounded just like Nanook to take the most frugal and resource-conscious way out.

"Do what again, you mean this?" Laughing, he then grasped her more tightly making his hug more forceful as he then rubbed their noses together. Sure, that wasn't historically what his people would have actually done. At the present time he just considered it harmless fun. He wasn't going to let anything get in the way of having fun with her.

Well, then again it had looked as though the serious conversation that they were about to have was going to do just that. That kiss might have been wonderful, but what was going to happen next certainly wasn't going to be.

It was painfully obvious that she had to prepare herself for what was coming up here next. Admittedly, the thought of having to put her through this made him quiver. Nanook didn't like to have to essentially hurt the woman that he loved. "Please never be afraid to speak your mind if there's something that you need or something that bothered you, alright?" Frowning softly, he shook his head toward her, figuring that she might have been a little reluctant to do so thus far. He didn't want her to be, though.

Once he found himself lying on the bed, Nanook was glad that she placed her arms in the position that she had. Certainly he wouldn't have wanted to have her stop holding to him at the moment. This was going to be a tough time for her, and he understood that. Rather than give lots of feedback while she told her story he merely cocked his head to one side. If she looked closely, then she might have realized that was the same position a dog or wolf used to indicate that they were listening.

Considering the material in the story it was hard for him to listen to without showing some sort of strong emotional reaction. Nevertheless, he did his best to listen to what she was saying. The reason it was hard for him was relatively obvious. He didn't at all like the idea that the woman that he loved could have suffered so much pain. That had hurt him very seriously.

While that might not at all have seemed rational, he had good reasons for thinking that way. She was the woman that he had loved, thus any assault against her even by herself was a clear assault against the woman that he had loved.

Eventually, when she posed a question to him, Nanook found himself massaging her shoulder in turn before shaking his head. "You were in a very difficult situation, and she hurt you, I would not think badly of you. There are many people in this world that need to be done away with so that peaceful individuals like you don't have to suffer. You are safe from her now, and you have the power to make so many other people safe from them too."

Naturally he hoped to ignite some sort of righteous anger within her that she would be able to use. He wanted her to take all of those bottled old emotions and focus them. That was how she would be sharp as a predator. Rather than feeling sad or alone about any of these things, he had wanted to toughen her up.

"Never ever say to me that I would want you to go away, alright?" Should she have allowed it, Nanook would have then cradled her head and given her what might very well have been the most passionate kiss that he had the opportunity to give her thus far. He figured that if such a motion didn't make her feel like she was wanted then surely nothing would have.

"Was there more to the story in that case? If there is, then you may still feel free to tell me anything. You're not going to ruin my opinion of you or anything like that. To tell you the truth, I'm ever so slightly disappointed that you would even think that considering how open I would have figured that I've been to you thus far." Frowning, Nanook lowered his head, acting as though her self-doubt must have been in some small way his own fault.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:33 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa really didn’t question Nanook’s attitudes, or ask questions that might be constructed as a lack of confidence in him. She didn’t believe him blindly, but for now, Marissa hadn’t seen reasons not to believe Nanook.

Despite being a people-pleaser, Marissa wasn’t a weak-willed person. She did for people because she enjoyed it, and felt comfortable and happy doing so, but she wasn’t the kind of person who would just try to please everyone without thinking about what she was doing. She wanted to please Nanook because she liked him, not because she hoped to get any advantage from it.

When Nanook commented about the appendage some people had, Marissa nodded. Of course, she knew that it wasn’t really a tail, but it was fun to refer to it this way in a joking way. “It’s still funny to think about people wagging their tails”, Marissa replied, before turning serious again. She nodded when Nanook said she didn’t need to worry about his suit shrinking. “Very well, I’ll just give it a machine wash then”, she finally agreed, since she didn’t want Nanook to think he was giving her too much trouble. Marissa smiled when Nanook said he had bought his suit at a thrift shop. “That makes sense”, she commented. “You can find some really nice things if you really look for them”, Marissa completed, not seeming bothered by the idea of shopping in thrift shops.

Feeling Nanook rub their noses together made Marissa smile. She really liked that kind of contact, and it made her feel that Nanook really liked her.

It was probably this knowledge that gave Marissa the strength she needed to tell the worst part of her story. The moment when her personality had split in two had been extremely painful, as it had separated her from a part of herself she wasn’t proud of.

Telling him about how she refrained from trying to save her own mother and knowing that Nanook wasn’t judging her made Marissa feel a lot better. When he said that he didn’t want her to go away, Marissa let out a deep breath. It was a real relief to be around someone who had seen the worst of her and still wanted her around. The kiss he gave her, warm and passionate, made Marissa even more sure that everything would be all right. Once the kiss was over, Marissa wrapped her arms around Nanook and let her head rest against his chest. “I’m sorry”, Marissa murmured softly. “You don’t have to think you have done anything wrong, you haven’t. I’m just… I had never told all of this to anyone”, she explained very quietly.

Pausing a bit and shrugging softly, Marissa closed her eyes for a moment when Nanook asked if there was something more to the story. “After my mother died, since I didn’t have a father or other relatives, I was put in a foster home. Then another. And another… I would spend a while in each home, and once the other one showed up, the family no longer wanted to have me around. I don’t really blame them”. With a sigh, Marissa continued. “Once I turned eighteen, I was finally out of a place to stay, and nobody really wanted me around. By this time, I was already here, so it wasn’t hard to find a job. My first job was at a bakery, and it was pretty good. Didn’t pay much, but I liked it. Of course, the other one got me fired. There were other jobs, until I ran into Wonderland Club. Everyone there is kind of… different. So, I felt welcome, you know. Nobody really judged me for her behavior, or for the days when I went missing. I was unhappy with her, but I was starting to get used to this life… until you showed up”.

Finishing her story, Marissa let out a deep sigh and rubbed noses with Nanook one more time. “There, now you know more about me than anyone else in the world”, she stated, her voice sounding tired. “But you do have a point about making sure other people don’t have to go through what I did”. Marissa took a deep breath. She seemed tired and pensive, as though her mind was working on some plans. “For now, though, I just want to have some water and rest with you here… if that’s okay”, Marissa finally completed, feeling perfectly comfortable with Nanook, even though she rarely felt that much at ease with anyone in such close proximity. It was as though she felt, more than knew rationally, that it was how things were supposed to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 pm 

Should she ever have ended up believing in him blindly, then Nanook would have naturally noticed what was going on, but fortunately it hadn't looked like that was going to be an issue just yet anyway. It wouldn't have been comfortable for him at all either, because he would have felt like he lost his bond with her. He wanted to react with her on the level of a rational being and not some sort of a lackie.

Never did he figure that she was weak-willed, though, and he was grateful for the apparent fact that she was not. She was working out of the goodness or her heart. That was what he had hoped to eventually work around. After all, he had already assured her that she hadn't done anything wrong. In fact, previously he approved of what she had done. That kind of a rapport was surely going to change the dynamic between the two of them. Well, at least he had hoped that it would have at the end of the day. These sorts of things had always taken time naturally.

Hoping that was going to plant predatory seeds in the back of her mind, which would grow into thorny blossoms, he looked back toward her again and smiled far more peacefully. "Absolutely you can find some nice things, and I hate letting things go to waste, don't you?"

Eventually he found himself laughing and commenting on the more pleasant aspects of the conversation that they were working around. "Would you like it if everyone had some tail that they could wag?" Nanook thought that would have been funny. Then again, he also figured that would make it harder to disguise who he was. With tails there might very well have come an increase in olfactory senses. That would have made it so that people would have realized there was something up right away.

Marissa would have of course remembered that was how Nanook knew that something had gone awry in the first place. Considering that Marissa seemed to like having her nose rubbed against his, though, he took another opportunity to forget about how serious things were getting and instead rub them together once more. It was a pleasant diversion from what was really going on.

Eventually he was forced to focus on the present, but then again it wasn't too bad. He was getting a hug in that same present it would have seemed. Regardless, he was soon enough listening to the unpleasant reminiscence that she had once more elected to share with him. While he realized that this was difficult for her to do, he was actually quite grateful that she was sharing it all with him for now. "Did I shake things up a little too much for you? At any moment you could have said no and just stuck with that life that you had." Then again, Nanook knew very well that she never would have wanted to do that. She would surely have had wanted to go off with him no matter what.

"If it helps, then you know more about me then anyone else in the world living does." Nanook was therefore admitting that some of his closest friends were gone. "Actually, I had many who lived just as long as I did. Slayers took their lives, and... Well I took the lives of those slayers in turn." He then snarled a bit, sure that at this point she would have had a bad taste in her mouth when it came to people who would professionally kill werewolves as well.

"Yes, there were many in the world like that, but there was a war that happened right underneath the noses of mere mortals." Nevertheless, he wasn't yet sure whether or not to bring up that there were still corps of slayers in the world today.

When that finally did come out, he assumed that it would have been quite a shock for her to deal with, so he wasn't going to say anything just yet. That wouldn't have been an issue really they'd have to grapple with at the moment. There was already so much pain in the regular human world. They could deal with pain in other theoretical realms once they dealt with this pain first. Smirking, he soon started to stroke the back of her head, hoping that she was now his forever.

"You know, we still do need to go out together sometimes, since we even talked about still being nice and romantic in the relationship and all." He looked up toward her with a bit of a smile, hoping that was going to work out as such.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:16 pm 

Sort of back.

Due to her life’s circumstances - those she had just referred to Nanook -, it was unlikely that Marissa would have ever trusted anyone blindly. It just wasn’t something that she could bring herself to do, after all. Still, she did trust Nanook, to a point where she had never really trusted anyone before. It was a bit of a primal feeling that brought her to him, but - either due to her past experiences or due to her newly discovered animal nature -, Marissa felt that she needed time open up completely.

While for an onlooker Marissa might look a little bit weak-willed, in fact she was not. It might actually be believed that it took a very strong personality to remain kind after being treated with unkindness for most of one’s life. And Marissa had to admit it made her really happy to know that she could count with someone to be kind to her in exchange for once in her life. It was almost ironic that the one person to be truly kind to Marissa was the most unlikely one. A predator, someone who had no qualms regarding taking a life if needed. And yet, Marissa felt that Nanook would never take the life of anyone who didn’t deserve it.

When Nanook mentioned that he hated to see things go to waste, Marissa nodded. She could more than understand not wanting things to be wasted. And of course, she wasn’t above going to thrift shops for clothes and accessories. “Oh, I completely understand. And there are some interesting things you can only find in this kind of place. I have lots of items I have bought in thrift shops to compose my costumes for theme nights. I would happily show them to you if you want to spend a day with me in my apartment”, Marissa offered, thinking that it might be fun.

Following Nanook’s lead, Marissa smiled when he turned to a lighter part of their conversation. “Oh, it would be fun, come on”, she replied when Nanook asked if she would like if people had tails to wag. “Can you imagine how adorable it would be if you could wag your tail when I do this?”, she asked, holding out a hand and, assuming he would allow it, scratching the back of Nanook’s neck lightly.

At least for now, Marissa wasn’t really thinking about anything that could come connected to the idea of a tail. For now, she wanted to take a break and calm down after all she had told Nanook. Those weren’t pleasant memories, and had she not wanted to share them, Marissa would probably have kept on avoiding them.

When Nanook asked if he had shaken things up too much and said that she could have stayed in her old life, Marissa shook her head on a negative. “After hearing about my old life, would you even think that I would have wanted to stay that way?”, she asked very quietly. She didn’t really expect an answer to that question, since it was obvious, and carried on speaking in that quiet intonation.

Hearing that she knew more about Nanook than anyone else living did was bittersweet. Hearing him say that his friends had been killed by slayers really enraged Marissa. She couldn’t help but snarl a little as well. That was disgusting. If she had a slayer in the vicinity, she would definitely have killed them without even thinking about it.

When Nanook said there had been a war, it made sense for Marissa. One thing she knew about people was that they feared whatever they classified as “other”, as “different”. And beings like they were couldn’t be considered anything but “other”, and dangerous “other” ones at that. “Is it over?”, she asked, after thinking for a while. “The war, I mean. Or is it an ongoing war and we need to look over our shoulders pretty much all the time?”. No, it wasn’t a pleasant idea, but Marissa felt that she needed to know, for her own safety. Closing her eyes when Nanook start stroking her hair, Marissa tried to relax a little. They were safe in there, right? So, there was no reason to be on edge right now.

His comment about going out made Marissa nod. It would be nice to go out with Nanook, not only for a nice restaurant, but wherever he wanted. “We can go anywhere you want”, she replied, thinking for a moment. “Would you like to go somewhere in here, or maybe find somewhere quieter where we can relax and be alone for a few days?”, she asked, waiting to hear what Nanook really wanted to do so she could start planning accordingly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:41 pm 

Well, fortunately, the fact that her life's circumstances would have prevented her from ever trusting anyone blindly actually was going to be helpful for Nanook. It meant that he didn't have to worry about things that other people needed to worry about. Well, scratch that, it wasn't quite what he was thinking. No, he figured that he wasn't going to have to worry about the blind faith that other werewolf alphas sometimes had to concern themselves with.

Looking up a bit, Nanook figured that even if she seemed weak-willed, she wasn't. Indeed, he was going to make sure that she continued to grow in terms of faith. Not only faith in him, but in herself. She could be taught to believe in herself. That was going to be of the utmost importance to him. He wanted her to be exceptionally confident. No, Nanook didn't want to turn her into him. What Nanook had wanted was to make her a strong compliment to him.

While he had wanted her to grow physically as well as mentally, what he had also wanted was to make sure that she would have remained true to herself. That would have been the icing on the cake in so many ways. Never did he once want to mold her into something that she wasn't. Rather, he had always wanted to just build on what was already there to make her into a powerful form of herself.

"Hey, well, I can wag my tail when you do that, wanna see?" Nanook started to pant when she was scratching his neck like that. Fortunately she was turning part of the conversation around into something that was lighter than before. Turning about a bit, he tried to just shake his backend like there was a tail there. It wasn't really convincing, but it was funnier than most of his jokes really.

In spite of the fact that one of the questions she had asked him probably carried with it no answer, Nanook eventually did feel the need to reply. He swallowed deeply, wondering if she had not wanted him to do so. That would have made sense. Perhaps he was even overstepping his bounds by doing so.

"Some people are such creatures of habit that they would have stuck to a life that would have been bad for them. Isn't that sad?" Nanook frowned a bit and soon shook his head. He didn't like the idea at all. "Then again, I should have known from the get-go that you were stronger than that. You were more powerful than that. I like you more than that."

Should she have allowed him to do so, Nanook would have leaned in, snuggling close against her. He figured that at this point any sort of physicality wouldn't have concerned her, though he also had thought that he wasn't going to go too far. For obvious reasons, considering their immortality, he didn't want to breach too many lines just yet. It would have been a commitment of course to live eternally with one another.

Nothing inside of him was at all afraid of commitment, but then again he didn't want to jump into anything yet either. Nevertheless, he was more than happy to just stroke her hair for the time being anyway. "When you said that we could go somewhere else, do you mean away for a while? I really do think that I would like that. Maybe we could go rent a room for a few days or something, or how about a little trailer north of LA or something? Frankly, I'd love to get away from the smog just long enough for a bit to make good on a few promises to you."

More than anything, Nanook had wanted her to commune with nature at this point. He didn't want her to have to live in this stinking urban environment forever. "Tell me, what sorts of games do you like to play? I like chess myself, it's...predatory." The way that he had spoken those words even, they sort of sounded like they could have been somewhat seductive if she had elected to take them that way. That would have made some sense considering the word choice there anyway.

Shaking his head for a moment, it almost looked like he was a dog trying to get fur out of his eyes. Maybe she was going to pick up on more of these traits shortly. He really didn't know how long it would take. Either way, though, he knew for one thing that he would have thought that she was cute with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:51 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa would definitely be relieved to know that Nanook didn’t expect her to believe him blindly. One thing she had learned in her life was that those who demanded blind faith and obedience often have bad intentions. It was good to know that Nanook wanted to believe him, but keep her individuality and trust herself as well. It would definitely make her life easier.

When Nanook said he could wag his tail and asked if she wanted seeing it, Marissa couldn’t help but laugh and nod. She really liked to know that he wanted to humor her, and that he liked having her scratch his neck that way. When he made that gesture, Marissa laughed again. “Well, that is good enough”, she replied, leaning forward and stealing a quick kiss from Nanook, assuming he allowed her to.

Marissa had asked Nanook a question she didn’t really expect an answer to, but she didn’t mind that he decided to answer it anyway. What he had said did make sense. It was something pretty common, that some people would stay within habits that were harmful to them. “I think you do have a point”, she commented quietly. “Some people do cling to bad habits, places or people because they are too weak to shake them and change their lives”, Marissa completed, a little pensive. Hearing him say that he liked her more than that, Marissa smiled, her cheeks a little flushed. It was great to know that he cared about her deeply enough to change her life for the best. Of course, someone else would think it was a pretty twisted thing to do. For Marissa, though, it was an act of compassion.

Feeling Nanook snuggle closer to her brought Marissa a sense of being safe. It was odd, since she was often uncomfortable with physical contact, but Nanook didn’t make her feel threatened at all.

Like Nanook, Marissa didn’t mind the idea of moving slowly. She wasn’t used to the idea of living a long time yet. Still, she was young, and had the idea that she had a long time to live and didn’t have to rush into anything. They would have time to get intimate in the future, should everything go well, after all.

When Nanook asked if she meant that they could go away, Marissa nodded. “Yes, that’s it”, she replied, apparently feeling a little bit lighter after everything she had told Nanook. “I would love to spend a few days away and take a break”, Marissa continued. “I haven’t really taken a lot of time off, so I can easily take a week or two off work and spend time somewhere nice. If you prefer, you can choose us a place and just tell me where we are going so I can pack accordingly”, she completed, imagining that it would be fun to spend some time away from LA with Nanook. It would be even better if they could go somewhere sort of isolated and spend about a week alone, just relaxing and being closer to nature.

Thinking about what kind of games she liked to play, Marissa shrugged. “I don’t really know much about chess. I have watched some people play it, but I have never learned. Would you teach me?”, she asked. It was clear that Marissa was really interested in learning chess.

After speaking, Marissa finally stopped, waiting for Nanook to say something. While she did so, the girl ran her fingers through Nanook’s hair after he shook her head, enjoying that quiet moment between them and the knowledge that he didn’t think less of her because of her past.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:58 pm 

Well that meant that sometime he was going to have to do that for her. He would have had to show her what it was like for him to wag his tail like that. Considering the fact that he was a canine, well at least when he was transformed, Nanook very well could have illustrated and experienced all aspects that there were to being a canine. That meant that when he was happy as a wolf Nanook might very well have elected to wag his tail in order to show it.

Looking around carefully, he eventually stretched and focused instead on what she was saying next. Apparently she was starting to understand why he had elected to call her strong. Should she have shown no objection to it then Nanook would have started to stroke her head as though he were petting it. Smiling softly, he offered a gentle kiss to her lips. To him, all of this was an ultimate act of compassion for sure.

While he might have brought a sense of security to her, honestly Nanook received a sense of stability from Marissa in turn. For so long he had been alone in the world. Slayers had taken out plenty of those he called family and friends. It simply felt like everything was right again now that he had one of his own kind of person - a supernatural wolf - close to him all over again.

That didn't really mean that he was going to rush things, however. Just like her, he had still wanted to take things fairly slowly. "Honestly, you know if you wanted, then you could leave that job once we get settled, but I'd suggest the vacation for now." Nanook knew that in the future she wouldn't be at want for money. There were so many human criminals in the world. There would be more than enough for them to take care of.

When they took care of one, of course, they surely would have found more than enough to sustain themselves as well as to help the victims of crime. Criminals were often taking great amounts of money for themselves. That meant that Nanook and Marissa could have maintained a level of comfort while still providing plenty to those who were hurt by crimes.

"Let's say we do plan a vacation, where would you like to go? Up north a bit to the woods?" That really sounded like a good idea to him. Nanook liked the idea of communing with nature with her. At this point he figured that would have really helped with her wolf instincts as well. She would have probably felt something pretty big awaken within her if she had known just the right way to listen for it.

Eventually it had looked like he was supposed to be speaking more. She had fallen relatively silent at the moment. "Was there something else that we should talk about? Like how much I'm starting to love you?" Nanook leaned over, again offering her a kiss before he stretched, hoping that she felt more comfortable now.

All those stories had to be very difficult. He of course saw in her eyes that telling him wasn't really easy. Nanook never even expected that it would be. However, he appreciated her even more for having the incredible courage that it had taken in order to share this all with him. Even though he was the one supposedly teaching her, Nanook was indeed still grateful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:09 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa would definitely have enjoyed seeing Nanook wag his tail. One of the reasons was that she always enjoyed seeing people happy. Another was that well, it would have been pretty funny to watch him wag his tail when she scratched the back of his neck as she was already becoming fond of doing when close to Nanook.

It made Marissa feel better that Nanook was not disappointed at her, and his stroking of her hair, along with his kiss, helped her relax. This caused her to stretch a little in turn as well, as though it made her feel more comfortable - which it probably did, as everything she had told Nanook had brought back some bad feelings and made her tense.

Knowing that she brought Nanook a sense of stability would definitely have made Marissa happy. Nobody had ever relied on her for anything in her life, and it made her feel somewhat useless. Now, though, she had someone with whom she could have this kind of relationship - of them looking after each other and relying on each other’s company. That was something new to her, but by no means unpleasant. And, for her own surprise, Marissa didn’t bother with the responsibility at all.

When Nanook said Marissa could leave her job, she thought about it for a moment. “I’m not really sure about it”, she admitted, softly. “They have helped me when I was down, I don’t want to seem ungrateful”, the girl completed. “But I will think about that in the future”. It was for the best, Marissa thought to herself, to reflect better on the matter before making any decisions.

Of course, she thought that, if Nanook was suggesting that, it meant he would have another way for her to support herself. But at least for now, Marissa had not imagined what it would be. She might come to this realization later, since it would probably not take long before they started working that way. And knowing that they would give back to those affected by crime would definitely have made Marissa feel more comfortable with the whole idea of taking money from criminals for their own needs, which, she thought, would probably be very basic, since neither of them seemed like the type to spend money on unnecessary items.

Focusing on the idea of a very welcome vacation now, Marissa started nibbling on her lower lip, as she always did when pensive. “Into the woods sounds like a really good idea”, she conceded after a few moments. “I don’t really get the chance to go to this kind of place often, but I think that now, with all the changes in my life, I probably should”.

Marissa would say something else, but Nanook’s words about loving her stopped her on her tracks. That was really good to hear, but Marissa couldn’t keep herself from blushing a little. “That’s always something good to hear”, she said, trying not to giggle like a school girl.

When Nanook stretched, so did Marissa, before relaxing a little more. It felt good to get all of that off her chest without any judgement. After another short moment of silence, she sighed and shifted a little, looking for a better position. Once she found a more comfortable one, Marissa once again ran her fingers through Nanook’s hair. “I think a little nap would do me good. Will you stay here with me?”, she asked, not wanting to be away from Nanook for now, even if she intended to fall asleep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next