All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:21 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Eventually Nanook figured that Marissa was going to figure out what he was doing to her. She was going to figure out everything that he had planned for her mind. He wanted to make sure that she wasn't going to mind it before they got to that point, however. That was one of his big goals in all of this.

The immediate big goal was to get through breakfast. It would have certainly made her trust him much more. On top of this, he was hungry. She had been nice enough to make this all for him as well. Ultimately she probably should have even brought up what she knew about how wolves mated for life and such. Nanook would have been impressed with her knowledge, and it would have provided them a common frame of reference.

Fortunately it might have even let him avoid giving out some of the long exhibition that he was going to have to in order to teach her all about the kinds of relationships that his people had. She was right about a few things, though. He would have mated with her for life and if they had a family, then he would have taken incredibly good care of them.

At this point, though, he was laughing as well. She seemed like she had wanted to keep things light for the time being. "Please, don't you feel free as it is to ask questions of anything you had wanted to? Maybe I need to make you feel a little more open in that case, what do you think?" That made Nanook laugh a little bit as he glared at her fingers. "Hmm, I'm not sure, do you think that I can be trusted not to bite your fingers again?"

Once he had said this, he started to act like he was going to nibble them. It was clear that it was just a joke, however.

"Did that ruin everything already? I should probably admit that I haven't exactly had the best track record with relationships!"

When you had an unlimited lifespan, you had a tendency to remember your failures with that much more poignancy.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Marissa was a bit distracted most of the time, but she was a pretty smart girl. And she would probably understand pretty quickly what was expected of her, as soon as she had some time to think about the new reality and talk to Nanook about it.

For now, though, there was breakfast to be had. Sharing a meal with someone was something Marissa had always enjoyed doing. It was fun, and it definitely was a way of building up trust between two people. And of course, it was a good moment to have an entertaining conversation.

Should Marissa know that Nanook would have liked her to talk about what she knew regarding wolves, she would probably have done it right away. Marissa was the kind of person who enjoyed pleasing others, after all. And Nanook was now... something close to her, so it was only fair that she would like to please him and make him happy.

When Nanook asked if she didn't feel free to ask questions, Marissa nodded. "I do, but I like asking, to make sure I'm not making anyone upset", she explained.

With a soft chuckle, she hid her hands behind her back after he pretended he was going to nibble on her fingers. "Don't", she replied, laughing. "No, that didn't ruin anything", she said, now a little more seriously. "It's okay, you have a sense of humor, and so do I".

After this comment, she picked up a piece of bread with cheese and ate it slowly, enjoying the taste. Only after swallowing did she say what was in her mind.

"I have read about wolves once. About their structure, with a pretty clear social class division, and yet a just division, with those who are weaker or hungrier getting more to eat because the others know they need it. And...". She paused and drank a couple sips of her coffee, licking her lips clean before she continued. "...and I have read about their relationships as in mating, you know. That they mate for life, and are incredibly patient and caring towards their offspring. Is it at all similar with werewolves?".

With a smile, she shook her head. "I'm so sorry if I sound stupid", she murmured. "I believe I still have a lot to learn about all of this".

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:05 am 

Honestly Nanook had never thought of Marissa as anything but a pretty smart girl, and he was grateful for this. He hadn't assumed that she was dim or anything like that. This was indeed fortunate actually. If Nanook had deemed her dim, then he would have also had to take it upon himself to turn her into a quick smart werewolf.

A slow dim one had a tendency to not live long when the slayers came around. Just like she had mentioned moments later, the pack always took care of those that couldn't care for themselves. They worked very hard to make the weak ones into strong ones.

Naturally he was enjoying the breakfast that they were having together. He was sipping his coffee as well, waiting for her to bring the conversation around again. Nevertheless, he wasn't going to force it in any particular direction. There was something nice about sitting with her in silence. That was probably because he had already fallen in love with her. Since he cared about her so much, he would have just liked to be with her honestly.

Eventually, though, she was eating while speaking. That made it appear like it was best if he helped her out with a few replies. Marissa apparently knew quite a bit about wolves already. This was going to make it a little easier when it came time to teach her.

In fact, this was an excellent opportunity to start showing her the ropes. Having watched her lick her lips clean, which seemed like such a canine gesture, he was soon speaking again. He wondered, though, if she had done that consciously or not.

"What you are saying is very close to the way werewolves are, yes! If there is a weak or hungrier member of the pack, then we are honor-bound to make sure that they get what they need to regain their strength. Offspring are considered our greatest gifts, and we mate for life." Nanook sighed a bit and looked up toward her. "That's precisely why I don't have much romantic experience, since when I pick a mate that's the mate that I'd be stuck with forever. You'll learn quickly that the social divisions are just to maintain order, and as you have said they are quite just and fair."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:57 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa would have been happy to just spend time with Nanook and have breakfast as well. One, because she was really quiet in general, and liked silence. And two, because she was really comfortable with Nanook, more than she could have expected to be with someone she had known for such a short time. Yet, she needed to talk, since she had questions to ask, and now was as good a time as any. So, she started with saying what she knew, and then moved on asking whether or not she was close to reality.

When Nanook said she was close to the way werewolves were, Marissa smiled. It was good to know that she was getting off to a good start. It would make her life easier, after all.

“I like the sound of honor-bound”, she stated after he finished speaking. “Sounds like the kind of thing I can get behind”, Marissa completed, sincerely. Honor was definitely something she could understand and appreciate.

When she listened to Nanook’s comment on mating for life, and on being stuck with the mate he chose forever, Marissa felt her cheeks warm a little. She nibbled on her lower lip for a few seconds, a pensive expression in her blue eyes. Her mind was working in what he had said earlier about them talking on the phone like a normal couple.

Taking another sip of her coffee, Marissa once again licked her lips clean before asking one more question. “And are you sure about me?”, she asked, very quietly. “I... I mean... because you said that about... us being a couple”, she explained, her voice even quieter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:55 pm 

Marissa being so quiet was sort of funny to Nanook. This had nothing at all to do with the fact that wolves were social animals. While that was true, what he was thinking about was purely human. He had found it ironic that she was so quiet when she had actually worked at a nightclub. He couldn't think of any place that was more social than that. For that matter, he was hard-pressed to think of anywhere that was quite as loud as that too.

Fortunately, when she did speak, she always seemed to say things that were grounded in reality. Perhaps she had known far more about being a werewolf than she ever could have imagined that she knew. This would indeed make her life a lot easier. It would have also made Nanook's life a lot easier.

He wasn't going to have to go through and repeat things that she had already known. That meant he could have spent less time yapping. "Well, I'm certainly glad that you can get behind the whole idea of being honor-bound! I assume that you're the type that would care zealously for a family as well?" She had been completely right when she mentioned that about wolves. It was something that even those with no background in biology often knew.

Eventually even his cheeks were warming a bit. She had, after all, said something that would have made him blush. Looking up a bit, he thought about what he was going to say in reply. He didn't want to say the wrong thing, or worse a half-truth at all.

"We are not mated yet, and I've never actually been physical with anyone because I wanted to make sure that I was with the right person seeing as I could never break the relationship; does this make sense? I'd certainly want to give it more thought and more of a chance before we finalize our relationship if you would."

Nanook sighed a bit, not at all sure how she was going to take him having said that at all, but he hoped that she wouldn't have been insulted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 pm 

Sort of back.

It might be exactly because Marissa worked at a nightclub that she really loved peace and quiet. Her work hours involved lots and lots of noise, and whenever she had some time for herself, Marissa actually appreciated silence and quiet conversations. The one thing she liked at all times was socializing, though. She really liked people, and have fun interacting with them. So, in that regard, her job as a hostess was the perfect one for Marissa.

Knowing that she had gotten things right made Marissa happy. First, because she felt happy at being considered smart. Second, because she could notice that Nanook were pleased. And pleasing others was always something that Marissa would strive to do.

She smiled when Nanook said that he was glad that she could get behind the idea of being honor-bound. At his question about how she would care for a family, Marissa nodded. “Of course I would!”, the girl replied. “I feel that I would probably do anything in my power to keep my family happy and safe”, she completed, her blue eyes lighting up.

When Nanook said that he had never been physical with anyone, Marissa seemed surprised. It did make sense, though, since he had said that werewolves mated for life. After a moment and some hesitation, Marissa decided to make her own confession.

“If it makes things better, I have yet to get intimate with anyone as well”, she replied almost timidly. After a break, she sighed. “So, I understand you. And of course, we need to… know each other better. I still have a lot to learn, so I guess we should wait”.

After a pause, she prepared another piece of bread with butter and cheese and offered it to Nanook. “Do you want to tell me how you became a werewolf?”, she asked, curiously.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:56 pm 

Marissa working at a nightclub but wanting peace and quiet was a little bit ironic. She worked in a place that was really quite noisy. In fact, it was the sort of place that was eternally associated with noise. Nevertheless, he didn't bring up the irony to her, but rather just smiled. He figured that she really did like the people at all. Marissa was a really genuine person. That was a sharp contrast to the girl that was inside of her before.

Naturally she very well could have seen that Nanook was pleased with her. In a way she was like his student at this point, and he considered her a very good one at that. She was progressing quite rapidly. If she kept this up, then she would have been a fully initiated werewolf in no time.

Once she had said that she would have been very good with caring for a family, he was again quite pleased. His grins were toothy and quite predatory. It was what one would have expected from a werewolf. Accepting the bread and butter with cheese, he started to nibble on it puppy-like once more.

"Even if we were both regular humans, I still wouldn't want to just rush into a physical relationship; a lot of people get really hurt like that! I want to be with someone I love, even if it has nothing to do with supernatural obligations, you know?" Nanook smiled to her for a moment. This smile was genuine and sincere, lacking the predatory look from before totally. He was being extremely honest with her in turn.

That was when she had decided to ask him something pretty major. Apparently she had wanted to know how he became a werewolf.

"Do you remember I had mentioned growing up in Alaska? Would you believe how old I was? Tell me, do you know where a place called Skagway is? It used to be quite crime-ridden, but at one point my clan cleaned it up, and I was actually adopted by a pioneer who had the curse running through him. My werewolf father wasn't the deadbeat that my real father was."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa noticed that Nanook was smiling and smiled back at him. It was a natural reaction for Marissa, with her usually friendly nature. She had no idea what Nanook was thinking, but she probably wouldn’t have minded him to point out the irony of her working at the noisiest possible place and loving silence. Though it was a possibility, of course, that she loved silence when off work exactly because she had all kinds of loud music blasting in her ear during her work hours. She would only hope that now, with the enhanced senses, the noise wouldn’t be unbearable.

That was definitely another thing Marissa would have to ask Nanook. Sometimes she wondered if he wouldn’t end up getting upset at her for asking too many questions, but she certainly hoped he would not. For now, though, she enjoyed watching Nanook nibbling on the bread and caressed his hair for a moment, as though he was indeed a puppy.

While Nanook spoke, Marissa listened to him, giving his words her full attention. When he finished speaking about not rushing into anything, Marissa nodded. “I understand, and agree. I would want to take things slow before taking on a commitment myself”, she admitted. “I happen to be a little bit too trusting of others, and that has caused me to get hurt in the past. I don’t want that to happen with you”.

Marissa had known that asking how Nanook had become a werewolf was a bit of an intimate question, if that word could be used.

When he seemed to be willing to tell her, Marissa gave Nanook her undivided attention. Nodding when he asked if she remembered him telling her he had grown up in Alaska, Marissa kept silent, only listening. She looked at him for a moment when Nanook asked her if she would believe how old he was. “You can’t be much older than me, can you?”, she asked, curiously. It was odd that he asked her that question, and for someone who didn’t know much about werewolves, it was very hard to imagine that they could live for longer than a regular human life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 am 

Really it was highly doubtful that he would have ever gotten upset with her for asking too many questions. That being said, he probably wouldn't grow tired of her smile either. He seemed to appreciate the fact that she had kept offering that to him. Looking toward her as she did, he eventually draped his chin over his hands. It wasn't a posture that many people would have taken.

Nanook took it because it was something a wolf might have done with his paws. It was something that might have betrayed his situation to a slayer, so he wouldn't have necessarily done it very often in public. With Marissa, though, he at least felt safe enough to do so. The fact that she was caressing his long black hair even served to make this all the better as well.

"I'm certainly glad that you agree with me, but don't be too afraid to say that it wouldn't work out between us if you have concerns, okay? I would want us to be open with one another and I'd still teach you things even I couldn't be your lover! Nevertheless, I'm sure that both of us would rather be together, am I right?"

Soon enough he was leaning into her petting gesture. It was certainly nice to say the least. Honestly, he wished that she would have done this more often, but he felt bad to ask about it outright.

"Actually, I was born in the 19th century, is that what you had meant?" Nanook looked up and got out of his reserved posture. He wondered if this was going to shock her, even though he wasn't necessarily trying to shock her. Smirking a bit still, he looked to see if she would believe him. Werewolves could indeed be practically immortal. They could be killed, especially with weapons that were silver.

However, Marissa wouldn't have to worry about getting much older. Nanook certainly didn't look any older than she had. The events he was describing in Alaska, however, took place over 100 years ago. It would have been interesting to hear what she had to say about all of this though. Those pioneer days were pretty tough, and they ended up cleaning up much of the crime that was in the area.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 am 

Sort of back.

Knowing that Nanook wouldn’t have minded her asking many questions. There wasn’t much Marissa could do, since she was stepping into a world she didn’t know. Asking questions and having them answered would definitely make things much easier. Knowing that he liked her smile would also have made Marissa happy, and in turn, caused her to smile even more to please Nanook.

When Nanook took that posture, Marissa watched as he stayed in that position, wondering where she had seen it before. It took her just a moment to remember - it was the kind of position dogs and wolves sometimes took. She would have certainly have hoped that he didn’t take that posture in public often, as someone with a keen eye could probably figure out what he was from it.

As Nanook spoke, Marissa focused her attention on what he had to say. Nodding at his words, she replied in her usual kind intonation. “Thank you”, she murmured, relief clear in her voice. It wasn’t that she didn’t like Nanook, it was just that the idea of not having any expectations such as being his mate placed on her made things easier, as they would have the chance of building a relationship naturally. “I think so”, she agreed to his question about them preferring to be together. “I like the idea of not having any pressure on that front, though, as I like feeling that I have a choice”, she explained.

When Nanook leaned into her petting gesture, Marissa smiled and continued to do it. It made her happy to know that the little gesture she was doing pleased him. She would definitely have done if as often as he wanted if he asked her to.

While he spoke about when he had been born, Marissa’s already wide eyes widened even more. She continued her petting, though, and didn’t seem to disbelieve his words. She just looked really surprised at the idea. The idea of living a really long life appealed to her, though, Marissa thought to herself, this life would definitely call for company, as it would be terrible to live alone for years and years.

She thought a bit about his words and tried to calculate the age he might be now. “I have two more questions”, she started, with an almost guilty expression, as though she was afraid of being bothersome. “One, do you remember how old you actually are? And two, is it true that we can be harmed and killed by silver?”. After asking her questions, Marissa picked up the coffee pot and held out her hand for Nanook’s cup, silently offering to refill it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:32 am 

No, Nanook would never have minded her asking all those questions. He most certainly couldn't have, considering it wouldn't have been apropos. If he had wanted her to learn what it was like to be a werewolf, then he was going to have to get used to it. At this point he had been made into a teacher. Well, more accurately, he made himself a teacher, and he knew that he was going to enjoy it.

Smiling to her in turn, he looked up at her in that posture. Realizing what she was thinking, he soon laughed. No, Nanook wasn't at all a mind reader. However, it had become somewhat obvious to him what she was thinking about. Laughing once more, he rolled his eyes. "You're probably thinking that I take this posture in public and slayers might realize it, right? Well, I certainly know better than that!"

Once more he laughed, showing that what he was saying was in good humor anyway. Figuring that she didn't mean to suggest that she didn't like him, he didn't take any offense to what she was saying. He figured that she would have liked him, but didn't want pressure put on her in turn. Honestly, he figured that he never would have liked pressure put on him either in turn.

Continuing to enjoy both the food and her petting of her, this seemed like the perfect way to enjoy a morning to him. "I could figure out how old I am, because I actually do remember my exact birth date!" Nanook paused for a moment as if recalling that date took some reckoning. At his age, well, it probably had.

"March 17, 1887 was when I was born!" He seemed to have been proud of the fact that he was even able to remember it. "I take it that I don't look a day over 100 years old, is that what it is?" He offered her a toothy grin to punctuate that.

Soon enough her question sent him snarling, but Marissa would have known that she wasn't mad at him. Rather, that was the way he had elected to share with her that he didn't want to even think about what silver would do to him. The allergy to silver was annoying at best, and deadly at worst.

"How much silver stuff do you have? Do you have lots of silver jewelry or something? If you do, and you get rid of it, then I promise to buy you beautiful replacements in stainless steel, gold or any other harmless material if you'd be willing to accept it." He figured that indeed such gifts would have actually been pretty romantic to tell the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:39 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa had felt a little shy about asking Nanook if the posture he was now taking was a risky one. It was a valid question, but she wanted to make sure that she would not offend her new friend, teacher, and perhaps eventually mate.

When he answered her silent question, Marissa smiled and nodded, keeping on with her petting motion. “I was indeed thinking that. I was concerned about you. But I should know that you would know better than that”, she replied. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you think that I don’t trust your intelligence”, the girl apologized.

When Nanook told her his birth date, Marissa’s eyes widened. She stared at him for a long moment, almost waiting for Nanook to laugh and tell her that he was joking. When he didn’t, Marissa let her jaw drop. “Wow”, she exclaimed in a stunned voice. “I feel like a baby”, she confessed with a smile. “But no, you look very good for such an old man”, Marissa finally joked. “You cover the grey hairs very well”.

Seeing Nanook snarl scared Marissa a little. Not that she was afraid of him, but she was worried that she had said the wrong thing. When he asked those questions, Marissa resumed the petting she had interrupted. “No, I don’t really have a lot of jewelry in general. I’m a pretty modest girl”, she replied with a smile.

A slight blush crept into her cheeks. “I think you should only give me something like that if you really want to. But you will see that I’m not the kind of girl who really cares much for jewels and things like that”. The girl giggled a little and nibbled on her lower lip, before leaning forward and placing a kiss on the top of Nanook’s head. “I don’t really need anything like that, really. Okay?”, she completed, making sure that he knew that she wasn’t the kind of girl who would want expensive things.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:08 pm 

Should she have asked about the posture, Nanook wouldn't have gotten upset about telling her. It was indeed risky, and the question would have been valid. He wouldn't have had a problem with that at all. Still, though, she had learned the lesson. He didn't take it in public around others, and he figured that she wouldn't either at that point.

Shaking his head with his long hair moving in the process, Nanook offered her another one of those wolfish grins that fit his personality to a T. "Hey, you don't have to feel bad, since you're still here and it's you that's making me feel good anyway!" While it might have been a pretty cheesy line, Nanook was at least genuine when he had said it.

Apparently, though, it was his birth date that had actually surprised her more than anything else. "I figure that I don't cover the grays too good when I'm a wolf, eh?" He snickered at that, adding his own joke. Nevertheless, he didn't look like someone of that age. She would have perhaps soon figured out that such a lifespan was of course hers to behold without question at this point too. Nanook figured that the admission was going to make this all seem that much more real to her.

"Well, do you have any silver jewelry, finery or flatware?" Even though Marissa wasn't the type that wanted expensive gifts, if she had to give up anything precious to her, then he was going to feel responsible. That was why he was going to offer to pay for a replacement. He felt responsible for the changes that were going on in her life.

Naturally he was actually responsible for these. There was no way around that. However, he wanted her to move into her new life as easily as possible without too much pain over all. Looking about, he sighed a bit and turned up as he looked finally into her eyes.

If she hadn't complained, then for once he would have returned the petting and tried to place her head close to his chest. He didn't know how she'd take it, but he thought it would be a good action.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:29 pm 

Sort of back.

When Nanook gave her that wolfish grin, Marissa smiled back at him. Her smile was still very much human, but of course, that might have changed in time. Still, it was in Marissa’s nature to be meek and kind - except to those who didn’t deserve her kindness -, so that might not have changed at all with time.

“I’m glad that my presence makes you feel happy”, she replied, shaking her head a little. As she did so, her golden hair moved freely around, and she pulled it back to keep it away from her face.

Once Nanook said he didn’t cover the greys well as a wolf, Marissa laughed. She pinched one of Nanook’s ears playfully and shook her head again. “Not too well, but I don’t really mind”, the girl joked.

On his question about her having anything made out of silver, Marissa started thinking to herself. She had always been a modest girl, and didn’t have any family heirloom or anything of the sort, so she was pretty sure there was nothing made out of silver in her kitchenware.

“No, I don’t really have any silverware”, Marissa replied, honestly. She added the next part obviously as a joke. “I was always broke, you know”, she finished with a soft laughter.

When Nanook pulled her closer, Marissa allowed herself to come closer to him. While he caressed her hair, which was smooth and straight like his, with the difference of the color, the girl closed her eyes and started caressing one of his arms with a hand. “I like that”, she admitted, feeling relaxed. “I like your scent too”, Marissa completed, sincere as she always was. “Do you like mine?”, she asked, not thinking much of anything she was saying, except that she felt comfortable with talking to Nanook about anything, despite the fact that they had known each other for a relatively short amount of time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:48 pm 

The fact that Marissa's smile was indeed so human was of course something that stood out to Nanook. It was obvious when his expressions were all so obviously wolfish indeed. Nevertheless, he knew that this was going to change with time. Even in his position of power, though, he had no wish to force her personality to change.

Since he stood for the freedom that wolves had to run, he could never have forced her to do anything against her will. That would have stood true even if it put him into danger. He would do everything that he could to persuade her to his way of thinking, but he couldn't actually force her to do anything.

Should she have told him to leave her alone so long ago Marissa would never have become a werewolf. Eventually, though, it simply looked like the two of them were joking around in turn. "I'm glad to hear that you don't mind the gray furs. After all, they've kind of always been that color!"

"Well, hey, I'd buy you some silverware as a gift, but it sounds pretty bad right now I guess. I'll have to give you some jewelry anyway. I suppose that a good strong stainless steel would look the best on you." He then paused to answer the next question that she had posed to him.

"Of course I like it. You know very well that I like everything about you, don't you?" Nanook smiled to her again, kissing her forehead in turn. "Is this a good time for you to tell me your history, or is it still too early?" He figured that if she didn't want to talk about the other girl that lived inside of her just yet then he wasn't actually going to press for it.

Nanook was starting to think that enough time had gone by, though. and that means that broaching the topic could be acceptable. Fortunately everything was behind her at this point. Nanook had played his part in bringing her peace, but it promised to be an extremely bloody and violent peace.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:41 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa was relaxed and comfortable with Nanook. It was good to be around him, and to know that he wouldn’t hurt her in any way, not even by trying to get her to move faster than she was prepared to. For that, Marissa was extremely grateful, as she liked to take things at her own pace.

When he said that his furs had always been gray, Marissa smiled. It looked pretty good. She wondered what hers looked like. She would have to ask Nanook, as he had been the one who had seen her in her other form. She wondered what it looked like in general. It was odd to think that she even had another form, let alone what it would look like.

When Nanook said he would have to give her some jewelry, Marissa blushed a little. She didn’t know why she felt like that, but she did. Thinking that he wanted to give her jewelry made things sound… serious. “I don’t really wear a lot of jewelry, to be honest”, she replied. “But if you really want to, I will trust your taste and let you pick out whatever you want”, Marissa completed, nibbling on her lower lip.

Pushing her shyness aside, Marissa carried on with the conversation. She smiled when Nanook said he liked her scent. “I’m glad you like everything about me”, she replied quietly. His request for her to talk about her life made Marissa frown a little. She was thinking, trying to piece things together, and nodded after some hesitation.

“Very well, I will tell you. But first, I want you to tell me what my other form looks like”. She smiled curiously. “Not just if it looks good or not - I mean what it actually looks like. Fur, eyes, claws, things like that”, she explained.

After telling Nanook what she wanted to know, Marissa waited. Her big blue eyes had a curious expression, and she spent the time playing with Nanook’s fingers with one hand while she waited. It was clear that she loved touching him - it might be due to her being a physical person, or due to liking him. Whatever it was, Marissa could barely keep her hands away from Nanook, albeit not in a way that could mean that she had less than pure thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:38 pm 

For a moment, he just exhaled and then looked up toward Marissa. It was nice just to act really pleasant with someone else for once. Honestly it wasn't often that he got any treatment like that, and she would very well have known that for obvious reasons. Previously he wasn't exactly the most romantic person either. The reason for that was obvious too.

If he choose the wrong person to get romantic with, then he might very well have ended up with the wrong person for all eternity considering that he couldn't really die very easily without being killed. Eventually, though, he was focusing on what it was that she was saying.

Looking into her eyes, he then paused and gave it some though. While he didn't mean to rush, he did like the idea that he could have gotten her some jewelry a lot. "Well, I'll get you something, maybe I'll base it on that cyber Goth look that I had when I went to club." Soon enough he laughed at that idea. "You know I still actually have that costume no less!"

That might have suggested, actually, that he didn't just wear it for the club last night. Really he liked going dancing, but with all those smells it could sometimes get a little overwhelming for someone who had the senses that he did.

"Sometime I would offer to show you in a mirror when you have shifted, or perhaps a reflection in a pool of water; did you know that was how I first saw my other form?" With that he actually elected not to say more about what she had looked like. Really, he thought that might have been more surprising to her. He would have had fun with a situation like that even.

Nanook then paused, monitoring their expression. "Alright, well, you know you have gold hair, don't you?" He smiled, as he had seemed to really like the thought of what it was that he was imagining. Stretching a bit, he elected to answer her a little bit here. That being said, it was obvious that he was actually attracted to her. Nanook liked Marissa, but he also liked looking at that wolf as well.

"Your fangs haven't yellowed at all - they reflected in the pale moonlight." It was the first time he really sounded at her mercy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:19 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa also felt pretty happy being in there with Nanook and being able to treat him the way she was without him getting upset. She had often been told that she was too ‘touchy-feely’, and it was good to spend time with someone who didn’t mind that side of her. And of course, just like Nanook, she hadn’t been involved in a romantic relationship yet. Their reasons were probably different, of course. While Nanook had needed to hold out for the one person he would be with forever, Marissa had held back from relationships because she didn’t consider herself worthy of being with someone when she could at a moment’s notice change into someone else. Now, that part of her life was gone, though.

Turning her attention back to Nanook, Marissa smiled gently when he started talking about getting her some jewelry. She wasn’t the kind of girl for expensive things, but it was nice to know that Nanook wanted to give her something. It felt like a kindness on his part, the kind of which she had never gotten from anyone else.

When Nanook said that he still had the costume from the night he had been in the club, Marissa smiled curiously. “Now that you mention that, I’m starting to wonder what kind of clothes you might still have”, she confessed with a smile. “I’m sorry, I’m too curious”, Marissa completed with a shy smile.

Focusing on Nanook’s next words, Marissa wondered for a moment when he mentioned the idea of her seeing herself in her other form. It sounded like an idea she would enjoy. But she was still curious.

When he spoke about her hair color, Marissa nodded. She closed her eyes and stopped to try and imagine what she would look like. Still, there was too much she couldn’t really figure out. She would have to see to know.

Nanook’s comment about her fangs made Marissa smile. It was nice to hear him say that. Widening her smile, she leaned closer to Nanook and shook her head. “Don’t you like my smile like this?”, she asked, obviously joking with him. It was clear in her blue eyes that she was not upset at all. It was her somewhat shy attempt of flirting, and that was all.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:09 pm 

At this point she probably could have done whatever she had wanted. Nanook had trusted her well enough not to mistreat him at all. He honestly didn't think that she would have shown him any disrespect anyway. Really he also figured that she was starting to take on more and more traits that come from a wolf. Those traits would have urged respect. Wolves always had a tendency to respect one another. They were strong enough that they could have defended themselves against any sort of incursion. As a result, few wolves had really wanted to offend another. It could have ended up with getting a pretty big bite. Still, he didn't mind if she was touchy-feely with him.

Nanook figured that she wasn't going to end up being touchy-feely with anyone else anyway. He didn't think that she would have done anything to make him jealous. Smiling a bit, he laughed as he figured that he was going to end up buying her some sort of gift whether she had wanted one or not. "Steel jewelry can look pretty goth at the end of the day; would you like to see the other clothes I have here?" Predictably, Nanook was going to be able to show her quite a few unusual costumes.

Quite a few things in his wardrobe were really out of the ordinary. To this end, he had a number of things, which might have really worked at the club. Irrespective, he was then genuinely looking straight back into her eyes. "Couldn't it be fair to say that I like your smile like this, I like your smile in the other state and I like everything about you in both?" That was what being a werewolf was all about after all. It was about being comfortable in two completely different sets of skin.

"You can see your state like that the next time we change, okay?" Nanook offered her a big wolfish grin and then stood up with a bit of a smirk. "Did you want to go and see my clothes for now?"

Really he wondered what sorts of things she would like from his wardrobe, and which sorts that she wouldn't have. He didn't know if she actually liked all of his club fashion that much, but then again she at least seemed to be in decent humor about the way that he had dressed that night. It would have suggested that she was at least prepared for it.

Then again, considering the way that he was dressed at the moment, he figured that she might as well have been prepared for anything that he could have thrown her way really. Exhaling softly he started to stretch.

"Soon enough you'll find that you'll need to stretch a bit more often than you otherwise might have thought that you'd need to." It came, of course, with being a predator. Predators always seemed to have to keep their musculature a certain way. Surely she had seen this sort of behavior in wild animals, even if they were only ever on television.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:14 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa was indeed learning how to behave like a wolf. Or perhaps her instinct was kicking in. She wasn’t really sure about which option was true. Whichever one it was, of one thing Marissa was sure - she wanted Nanook to be pleased with her. And she wanted to care for him, which was a part of her nature.

One thing Nanook was right about was in thinking that Marissa would never do anything to make him jealous. It wasn’t in her nature to do such a thing, and she would never want to upset anyone, let alone a person who had taken a risk to help her. When he said that steel jewelry could look pretty goth, Marissa nodded. It wasn’t her general style, but it could be used for work. And, of course, it could be something to remember Nanook for when they were not together. Thinking of that alone, Marissa would probably wear whatever Nanook chose to give her. And she would probably try and get him something nice as well, as a way of giving him something to remember her for. Marissa felt her cheeks burn a little as she thought that it was sounding a lot like a commitment item, and didn’t bring that up. Relieved with the change of subject, Marissa nodded right away when Nanook asked if she wanted to see the other clothes he had. “I would love to!”, she replied in her usual enthusiastic way. It wasn’t just a welcome distraction - Marissa was genuinely curious to see what he had. Maybe, she thought, she should show him her clothes for special events at the club some day. For now, though, she just wanted to see what Nanook wanted to show her.

Her attention turned back to Nanook when he said he liked her smile in both forms, and everything about her in both as well. “For what it’s worth, I like you in both forms as well”, Marissa admitted quietly, her cheeks slightly flushed.

Nodding when he said she could see herself in the other skin next time she changed, Marissa smiled yet again. “I would love that. I have to admit I am very curious to know”, she commented sincerely. She nodded again when he completed by asking if she wanted to go see his clothes now. “Yes, please”, the girl replied in an excited intonation.

To be honest, Marissa was pretty curious about what kinds of clothes Nanook had. She would follow him to see what he wanted to show her, and watch as Nanook stretched. The girl nodded once again after his explanation. “It’s all so different”, she admitted in a somewhat timid intonation. “Is there anything else I should know?”, Marissa asked, divided between curiosity and the feeling that she might be asking too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next