All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:06 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The way that the man effortlessly pushed down on the kick tail on his skateboard and sent it careening into his hands with a practiced motion made everything look positively simple in spite of the fact that it was remarkably difficult. Nevertheless, his constant repetition of this gesture made it simple to him.

Admittedly, he hated Los Angeles and felt far from home in this polluted urban wasteland. He lived most of his life in his family's ancestral home in Alaska. This place looked far different than what he was used to at the very least.

That being said, he didn't look too visually out of place in a modern environ. He had long, straight black hair that sort of moved with each of his motions, and deep green eyes that almost had a predatory look to him. He wore an unbuttoned plaid shirt over a black t-shirt with the image of a band printed on it. This drew down over a studded black belt that held up a pair of camouflage pants that themselves were draped over a pair of dark boots.

While he often tried to stand out with his appearance, he certainly wouldn't have looked like someone who didn't necessarily belong here as it were.

Sighing once more, he threw himself over a bench and rested on it. While it looked like he was waiting for the bus, he wasn't really. He was trying to find out what it was that he had smelled before that seemed unusual. His wolf's sense of smell was certainly much stronger than what most humans had.

Nevertheless, the strong odors in the air here made it almost unusable. Whenever he smelled something out of place, as a result, it took a little more investigation.

One thing was for sure, and that was that he had no plans to use the bus. After all, his skateboard could have gotten him to different places much faster than all the traffic around here.

No, he hadn't been waiting her for any human practical reason by any stretch of the imagination.

There were other forces at work here, he had figured. He was just here to find out what they were.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

While the man waited for something at the bus stop, someone else was going on about her life as usual. Well, as usual was a bit of a stretch when it came to her life, though. Her life was all but usual, and it had been like this for a few years. It was getting worse now, but there wasn't much she could do about it.

And Los Angeles was not the most comfortable environment for that girl, either. She felt out of place, and like the city was too fast, too crowded, too much for her. She craved for a quieter life, but that just was not an option right now. So, she kept on living there and making her way in life in that confusing city.

On the outside, she didn't really look or dress too different from what was to be expected. Her tiny frame, blond hair and big blue eyes might make her look younger than her twenty-one, but it wasn't too bad. Some patrons in the club she worked for joked that she looked like a doll. Marissa didn't mind. It took a lot for Marissa, or Mari, as she preferred to be called, to get upset. It was probably why she was so successful as a hostess. Welcoming people, finding them a place to sit or a spot on the dance floor, suggesting a drink, everything came naturally for her. Even disgruntled patrons had an easier time calming down when she took them aside for a conversation, and it was rare that security had to get involved. Yes, she was a valuable asset, even with her tendency to sometimes disappear and be unable to account for those missing hours or days.

Right now, though, Marissa was herself and leaving work to go home. The building she had left had the words "Wonderland Club" in neon letters right above the doors, and was a pretty well known venue at the neighborhood. She was also pretty well known, at least by sight, since she spent the first couple hours of every night outside greeting people as they came in. She wasn't wearing work clothes, though. They were inside a bag with the club's name printed on it, and she was wearing light wash jeans and a pink t-shirt. Her hair was tied on a neat pony tail, and she looked like any other girl. After saying good-bye to someone who was still inside, the girl crossed the few feet between the club and the bus stop and dropped on the bench with a sigh. It had been a long night.

Out of simple politeness, she turned to look at the young man who was also there and nodded to him, yawning afterwards.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 pm 

Once she had gotten close to him, the man had realized just what it was that he smelled.

Apparently, the unusual individual was indeed she that he had caught a whiff of.

She didn't necessarily smell supernatural to him, but she did seem to have something up about her. Still, it wasn't the sort of thing that she might have realized. Rather, she had some aspect of her that was hidden for the time being. He wasn't sure he entirely understood it, but more than anything he wanted her too.

Due to the fact that he hadn't actually seen her until just now, he didn't know where she worked, but it certainly had smelled like a place where many humans congregated. There was a slight bit of a smell of something else on her. Perhaps that odor was grave soil, though he wasn't sure. If it were, then wherever she worked might have had someone there who was undead.

Almost instantly his nose subconsciously curdled at the thought. The undead stank with the smell of grave soil, and he had hated it.

Nevertheless, he was certain that she was at the very least alive. That meant that if he was going to learn anything else, having a casual conversation might have been the best way to do it.

"Uhh, hey there." He had elected to greet her considering that she had turned to face him anyway. He tried to offer a relatively friendly smile.

"The name's Nanook."

Considering the way that he had said it, that genuinely was his name. "If you can't tell, then I'm not from around here."

That was putting it mildly to say the very least. He'd grown up in Alaska, and lived most of his life there. This was vastly different from what he was used to.

Perhaps one of the biggest disappointments he had suffered had nothing to do with his werewolfism. Rather, he had expected that since California was so well known for it's skateboarding, it would be better than it really was. Los Angeles, though, was crowded and many areas had banned the activity that had originally made the city famous.

That hadn't sat well with him of course. That being said, he wasn't sure what he could have done about it.

There was little he could do to change it. He was only one person, or perhaps wolf. On top of that he actually hadn't even really lived here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:54 am 

Sort of back.

The blond girl seemed, at least on the outside, like any other person around. She had a bit of a distracted expression and looked tired, but neither of these things were really unusual for someone who had just left work, after all. Nothing superficial about her seemed unusual or out of the ordinary. Whatever was wrong, or different, about her, was well hidden for now.

Unlike Nanook, the young woman knew nothing about the supernatural. Living in a modern society, surrounded by technology and knowledge, she wouldn't believe it anyway. Nothing uncommon for a city dweller. And, not having the sense of smell Nanook possessed, she would never pick up the scent of grave soil.

When the man she didn't know greeted her, Marissa smiled and nodded again. Speaking to strangers was something she was more than used to, due to her job. She liked people, too, so striking up a conversation in random situations was nothing out of the ordinary.

"I'm Marissa, but everyone calls me Mari", the girl replied, her voice soft and gentle. She seemed like a genuinely nice and sweet girl, nothing really standing out on her behavior. Holding out her hand, the girl showed a big smile. "Welcome to LA. I hope you're liking this place so far". She would wait for him to shake her hand - or not - before continuing.

"I have been living here for just a couple years myself. So, I can imagine how hard it must be to get used to this new place, and a place like this city, where everyone is always running". Her words sounded casual, as though she had nothing to hide as she spoke. Whatever was odd about that woman, was not something she was deliberately hiding.

"Where are you from, if I may ask?", she continued after a moment. "I hope you don't find it impolite. I am just curious about the people I meet, and you don't look like many of the people I see often, you know".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:10 pm 

Whatever sort of thing that was still wrong might not have been noticeable, but he did smell it on her. Regardless, though, he was silent about it for the time being. Exhaling softly, he looked toward her and smirked a bit.

"Welcome to LA? Wait, is it that obvious that I don't belong out here?" Nanook rolled his eyes as she had said that. Well, he had of course mentioned to her that he wasn't from around here, but he did find the irony funny anyway.

To him anyway, it would have seemed that one or two of the club patrons where she had worked were not exactly what they had seemed, but he wasn't going to call her out on it. Naturally, he didn't think that was something that she should have known just yet. She didn't appear to have any knowledge thus far, and he didn't want to be the one to tell her just yet for fear of looking like an idiot.

Regardless, he soon smiled a bit and shrugged. "I spent most of my life in northeastern Alaska. I'm an Eskimo, in the literal sense." While he realized that some people had historically used Eskimo as a derisive term for the Inuit people, he honestly wore it with pride. "I guess I must seem really out of place in the climate here out in LA."

Shrugging a bit, he figured that it might have been useful to be kind enough to extract a little more information for the time being. Anyway, it was well within his personality. Nanook wouldn't have mistreated her even if he weren't trying to learn something from her.

"Where do you work, if you don't mind me asking? I assumed some sort of a nightclub or something like that."

He figured that even if he had said that he could smell it on her, that wouldn't have seemed too entirely strange. Clubs did have a certain scent that even humans could have gotten a hold of if they were paying the right type of attention.

"What kind of music do they play there, if I wasn't wrong on my guess anyway..."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:49 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa laughed softly when Nanook asked if it was that obvious that he didn't belong. "Just a little", she replied gently. "I won't tell if you don't", she joked. It was clear that the girl was easily amused, and that her nature was very friendly.

For Marissa, everyone in the club was just a patron. She spoke to everyone, spent time with all of them, and treated everyone with the same kindness. It was, somewhat, what she was paid to do. But it was also her calling, and she loved being around people and making them feel better about themselves.

"Wow, an Eskimo! That's cool!", the girl stated enthusiastically. It was clear she didn't mind at all that he was different. "Did you live in an igloo, or is that pure invention?", she asked, with the curiosity a child would display. "I'm not really... anything different, I'm sorry to say".

At his question about her workplace, Marissa turned her head and pointed at the direction she had come from. "Oh, that club over there. It's called Wonderland Club. You should really come visit one day".

Smiling and shrugging a bit, Mari continued. "Mostly electronic music, rock, rap... we do have specific nights, though, every now and then, when we only play one style. These are usually a lot of fun, as we all dress up to the style and the patrons usually do too", she commented. It was clear that it didn't take much to get Marissa talking. "Do you have a favorite style?", she asked, before she ended up speaking way too much and not allowing Nanook to say anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 am 

With a carefully placed roll of his eyes, Nanook laughed and finally faced her once more. She seemed disarming, but that didn't mean that she wasn't unaware of something very big about herself. There was something about her that was strange and out of place.

Honestly, Nanook had figured that the smell of grave soil about her must have been from the fact that there was at least one undead patron there. While werewolves were the natural enemies of the undead, he knew that she had just brushed up against one and had no qualm about that. He wasn't going to bring harm to her.

Soon enough, though, he felt the need to roll his eyes a second time. The fact that she had actually thought he might have lived in an igloo was laughable. "Eskimos certainly did live in igloos at one point in history, but that was a long time ago. I just had a small apartment. I don't want to use too much resources to support one person, being myself."

When she finally mentioned the club, though, Nanook figured this might have been an opportunity to learn a bit more information about what was going on. It also sounded like an excellent opportunity to find out about some new tunes.

"I'd actually love to come." When she mentioned how they dressed up to the style of music that night, Nanook smirked and put his hands in his pockets. "What night should I show up dressed like this?"

At that point, Nanook's mind started to drift and he realized he would have had some great costumes to wear for an electronic music night as well.

Perhaps he was going to fit in much more easily than he might have thought.

Nevertheless, he didn't like the city of LA all that much. It lacked a certain element of nature that made him comfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa laughed along with Nanook, shaking her head. She was clearly a girl with a soft sense of humor, and didn't seem to be actively hiding anything. Whatever it was that was hidden beneath surface, she either didn't know about it or was a perfect liar.

She laughed again when he answered her question about igloos. "I was mostly joking with you", she confessed. "But thanks for clarifying it to me, really". After thanking Nanook, the girl looked at her watch and then at the road from where the bus should come from. It wasn't an uncommon move, as she had gotten there to wait for the bus.

Seeing that her bus was not coming, Marissa turned her attention back to Nanook. "I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. Okay, I may be biased, but Wonderland is a great place to hang out and listen to music, all that jazz". When Nanook asked what night he should show up, Marissa laughed. "Whenever you want, really. People dress up just for fun", she explained.

The girl seemed to be thinking for a while. "We're having rap tomorrow, but if you want to have something different, we're having a sixties party on Sunday. It's usually a lot of fun to see everyone dressed up, the music, and everything else. Pretty much like a school prom. I confess my favourite nights are those when you get to dress like they did back in Louis XVI's France or Tudor England. Theme nights are a blast too". It was clear Marissa was a chatterbox, and it didn't take much encouragement to get her talking.

"Sorry, I'm babbling again. You really need to tell me to shut up if I start. Otherwise, I'll sit here talking all the way to sunlight".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:04 pm 

Actually, to be honest, Nanook liked her sense of humor. It made things easier, but he wasn't trying to deceive her anyway. He never thought of doing something like that anyway. He just wanted to know why she was slightly unlike other people.

Whatever it was, it was doubtful that she had known what it was. For what it was worth, he decided instead to focus on the conversation that they were having on hand. He tried hard to avoid mentioning that he lived through the sixties, since she didn't know he was a werewolf and she hadn't known it yet.

He probably still had something left over from that time period as it was. If he came, then he could have always just claimed it was something he picked up at a resale shop.

Shaking these thoughts out of his head, he laughed and looked back toward her. "Actually, I think the Louis XIV night sounds hilarious. I'm actually trying to imagine you in like the sort of wig that you'd have to wear for that." Soon enough he tilted his head and laughed again. "When is the electronic music night? I should show you what I have going for that. I used to get really dressed up for the raves, you know..."

Apparently all of this would have made Nanook seem more normal anyway. Eventually, he laughed again and threw back his head a bit. "I was just kinda taking a break here if you wanted to come with. I've been skateboarding all day. Considering this is where a lot of the great pros were from, I thought that the skating in LA would be better."

Nanook finally exhaled a bit and focused on something else for a time. "Do you skate or anything like that? I could show you how if you had wanted."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:31 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa smiled when Nanook said the Louis XIV night sounded hilarious. She really couldn't argue with that, since having a whole bunch of people dressed up that way, powdered wigs and all, was incredibly funny. Which was why Mari loved the theme nights. Those were the most entertaining ones in her opinion. People got to dress up and cut loose, and that couldn't be bad, right? Well, maybe it could, since some less savory characters might take the costume nights as a chance to get mixed up with the crowd. But luckily, no real problems had arisen so far, and the theme nights continued.

"Oh, it is completely hilarious. I'm sure there are pictures scattered around the club, you'll have to go there and see them", she replied to his comment on imagining her in the wig she would have to wear for her costume. "Hm. Electronic... I think we're having one this next Friday", she commented, nibbling on her lower lip for a moment. "I'm pretty sure it's on Friday, but I may be wrong. My memory plays tricks on me every now and then". She shrugged her shoulders as though it didn't really matter. Or as though she had been used to the memory loss thing.

When he asked if she skated, Mari laughed. "I have never even tried!", she exclaimed, looking curiously at Nanook's skateboard. She nibbled on her lip, a little pensive, for a moment, before speaking. "I think I could try it... if you promise you won't let me fall with my ass on the ground, that is". Laughing, the girl held out her hand. "So, do we have a deal?".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:52 pm 

Laughing once more, he focused on the fact that he could have potentially actually seen people dressed that way. It had sounded every bit as hilarious as she had said that it was. Exhaling eventually, though, he looked toward her once more and then shook his head. "I'd be happy to go to the electronic one as well. Like I said before, I actually used to be pretty involved in the rave music scene. I bet you didn't think that you'd hear that from an Eskimo, eh?"

Honestly, Nanook liked it when he was able to surprise people with his mannerisms, and this seemed like a good opportunity to do so. Regardless, he soon looked back toward her when she made her other seeming request.

Falling down was part of skateboarding, and a good skater knew the proper way to fall, but it was always best to avoid it as much as possible. Nevertheless, he smirked for the time being and laughed.

"You want me to promise that you won't fall backwards; well, I can do that because I can make sure that you would fall forward."

Considering what it was that she had said, that would have actually fulfilled the terms of her promise. She wouldn't have been falling down in that case.

Irrespective of this, he had learned a few more things about her that were interesting. There seemed to be some aspect of her personality that she didn't like to think too much about. Perhaps she had framed it as being forgetful or something of the sort. Still, he figured that some of this might very well have supported his theory that he had, indeed, smelled something before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:19 am 

Sort of back.

Mari laughed softly and shook her head when Nanook said he could bet she didn’t expect she’d hear from an Eskimo that he enjoyed raves. She nibbled on her lip before replying, afraid to say the wrong thing. Saying the wrong thing wasn’t really something Marissa wasn’t used to, after all. “Not really”, she confessed, smiling. “But then again, I don’t think you would think that a girl like me would work at a night club of all places, now would you?”, the girl offered, giving Nanook the chance to laugh at her.

The idea of trying to skateboard was funny to Mari, but her natural curiosity encouraged her to at least make an attempt. She would probably get hurt here and there, but as long as she didn’t break anything, Mari knew it would be okay.

When Nanook said he could make sure that she would fall forward, Mari laughed and touched her nose, making a funny face. “Okay, that doesn’t sound much better, you know?”. She shook her head and started playing with a strand of her. “Maybe I should ask you to promise that you’ll cushion my fall”, Mari joked, shaking her head. “Or wear padding all over”.

After a silent pause, Mari resumed her speaking. It seemed like she either didn’t like to or couldn’t stay silent for a long time. “But if you’re going to teach me to skateboard, I think it’s only fair that I teach you something in exchange or do something for you. Is there anything you’d like learning, or something you need?”, she asked with the kindness that already seemed to be a part of her personality. After this question, the girl finally fell silent, watching for her bus or just watching the street in general.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:14 pm 

Regardless of what Mari might have been thinking, there were two reasons that she couldn't have said the wrong thing in this situation. The first was the fact that he was treating the conversation lightly and would probably have taken everything as a joke at this point. The second was the more serious one.

It was, of course, the fact that he had been doing his best to collect further information on what was up about her.

"No, I guess that I wouldn't think that someone who was like you would work at a nightclub, but what does it really matter? Everyone does like their own thing, right?"

With a laugh, he looked back up toward her as his hair shifted ever so slightly with the motions of his head. "Cushion your fall off a skateboard? That sounds whack! But, yeah, like I'd catch you if you did start to fall you know."

Finally rolling his eyes, Nanook turned toward her. He didn't want to say the real reasons that he didn't wear protective equipment. Of course, as a werewolf, he didn't exactly have to worry about much if he had gotten hurt.

He could always have recovered from just about any sort of injury, so the entire thing seemed like a non-issue to him.

Nonetheless, he soon refocused what he was saying and looked her over with a bit of a nod.

"Well, I could get you a helmet and pads if that would make you feel any better."

Finally chuckling, he turned back toward the sunshine for the time being. Through LA's smog, though, it didn't look nearly as untarnished as all the movies made it look.

"If you've ever seen Lords of Dogtown, it makes LA look so much more rad than it really is. It's like totally the dumps!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:15 am 

Sort of back.

No being able to say the wrong thing - or at least something that was considered wrong by the person she was taking to - would probably be a big relief to Mari. She wasn’t exactly dumb, but for some, she would be the poster child to the ‘dumb blond’ stereotype. Mainly due to being easily distracted and forgetful, and partially because of her almost child-like nature, Marissa was known to slip up here and there. Her more usual self, though, really didn’t do it on purpose, and was really good natured and wanted to befriend everyone.

Her darker side, though, used Mari’s usual behavior as a way to get information on others. And her forgetful nature worked to the ‘other one’s’ advantage, as she could do pretty much whatever she felt like and her counterpart wouldn’t remember it.

When Nanook commented on everybody doing their own thing, Marissa nodded. “Yeah, I guess so. I mean, everyone needs to pay the bills, after all. And Wonderland is a nice place to work, after you get past all the initial layers of weird”, the girl joked.

Shaking her head and laughing when Nanook said he’d catch her if she started falling, Mari turned to him as well. “Thanks, that will work. Can’t really have my face all bruised from falling face first on a sidewalk, you know”, she joked in her usual light-hearted intonation. Turning more serious, she nodded. “A helmet and pads definitely sound like a safe bet. I mean, I’m sure after a while people kind of forego these equipments, after they’re more experienced. But for a beginner, I’d say it’s a very sound idea”.

Nanook’s comment made Mari laugh. “It’s the magic of the movies. If you stick around, you’ll see how many lies they feed you”. She explained herself, shrugging. “A lot of what I can ‘movie people’ live or hang out around here. Sometimes they go into the VIP area in Wonderland. It’s… sort of disappointing to see them up close, especially when they misbehave, you know”. The girl sighed and then shrugged. “Well, nobody is perfect, after all. I’m pretty sure I have disappointed some people around as well”.

After these words, she fell silent for a moment, looking at the morning sky. She really needed to go home, but for now, she was comfortable sitting there and talking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:09 pm 

Considering his unique upbringing and the fact that he thought that being different and standing out were actually things to be praised, Nanook didn't ever even think about the dumb blond stereotype that she was afraid of fitting into.

Honestly, he didn't think about many stereotypes at all. Perhaps it was because he didn't really fit any.

Her darker side was really what he was interested in, though. He could smell it, considering the beast-like senses that he had as a werewolf. She didn't seem outwardly to have anything like that, but there was something that was really wrong with her at the end of the day.

At least, that was what it had seemed like to him so far. He wasn't actually going to come out and say it, however.

If nothing else, then that would have been a dead giveaway that he knew there was something up. There was also a distinct possibility that she didn't realize there was anything off kilter anyway, and she might have simply denied any allegations because it didn't look like there was anything that was a problem to her.

"Are there any problems with drugs at Wonderland, or is the place pretty clean?" Nanook was really only asking because she had elected to use the word weird to describe it.

"Well, I mean there are plenty to choose from when it came to a helmet and pads, so I can get you something. You won't even look dorky, since most people doing the real extreme crap always wear them."

That being said, Nanook was actually a pretty extreme vert and street skater. Only he didn't ever end up wearing pads or a helmet, perhaps because he could recover from any injury quite easily.

That wasn't to mention, of course, the fact that being a werewolf also gave him a superior sense of balance.

When she mentioned movie people, though, he merely shook his head. "I don't think that's the sort of individual I really wanted to hang out with when I showed up here to tell you the whole truth, but I don't mean to be trashing anybody."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa was kind of relieved that Nanook didn’t really think about stereotypes. She was a somewhat bland person on the outside, but on the inside, there was a lot of complexity there. Though, maybe, the girl thought, being bland and not too noticeable might not be a very bad thing.

Her thoughts were pulled away from stereotypes when Nanook asked about drugs. After thinking for a moment, Marissa shrugged her shoulders. “Nothing unusual for a night club”, she replied. “I mean… that sounds bad”. She thought for a moment and rephrased her words. “There are some people who use things, but we don’t allow any dealings there, and if someone starts causing trouble, they are escorted out”, she explained. “We’re a night club, but we try to keep a somewhat family environment? Sounds weird, but that’s how things work”. The girl shrugged again. “I wouldn’t say we’re this kind of weird. I haven’t ever heard of one of us doing drugs, that’s for sure”. Trying to lighten the mood, she laughed. “Unless you consider the occasional headache medication a heavy drug”.

Paying attention to what Nanook was saying about protection equipment, Marissa nodded. “I would feel safer wearing the whole thing, at least until I get used to it. We’ll see the rest as I get the hang of it”.

Another pause followed before she spoke about the people from the movie business. “Oh, I don’t really mean to trash anyone. It’s not like they’re bad people. Some of them are pretty nice, actually. It’s just that some aren’t”. She tried to explain in a somewhat neutral way. “I’m not really making a character judgement. It’s more about how they behave when they show up at the club, you know”.

The girl smiled and shook her head. “My friends back at work say I like everyone. Well, I don’t really, but I tend to give everyone the benefit of doubt, you know”.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:43 am 

One might have supposed that Nanook was someone who had wanted to draw a ton of attention to him anyway, but he wasn't one to brag about not being a bland person or anything like that. He seemed cool and collected, and he didn't mind Marissa's personality at all anyway. He didn't complain for sure.

More importantly, he didn't act like he was just tolerating her presence. Nanook was actually genuine about all of this.

"Well, I'll be honest and say I try to avoid drugs." While he laughed for a moment, what he was saying was sort of a cover for what the truth really was.

Being a werewolf, he had a tendency to take the law into his own hands and use his altered state for what he considered to be the most common good. As a result, Nanook wasn't opposed to tearing dealers or drug pushers limb from limb under the light of the full moon in a near feral bloodbath.

That being said, he wasn't going to tell her that. Well, not just yet anyway. For all he knew she didn't believe in such creatures, though her scent obviously still said that there was something about her that he didn't know about.

"Well, I wasn't trying to trash anyone either, but you know that at times there are certainly some types of people who get attracted to movie production anyway. I think that was more like what you were saying."

Finally frowning a bit, he looked toward her, "Hey, you were waiting here, weren't you? Maybe we should get together another day. How about I show up on the electronic music night like I promised, and then offer you a skateboarding lesson the following day?"

While it might have sounded a bit forward, or perhaps even like a date, he didn't seem like he was too forceful. Maybe it was just an almost animal-like confidence that had him make such suggestions after all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:00 am 

Sort of back.

Marissa didn't really know how to define Nanook's personality, but she liked him. He had an interesting behavior, and seemed pretty open to making new friends. As for herself, Marissa was the kind of person who never met a stranger. Everyone around her was automatically considered a friend, and Marissa enjoyed talking to and meeting new people as much as anyone else could. Probably even more than anyone else, to be honest.

The girl nodded when Nanook said he tried to avoid drugs. "Oh, don't get me wrong", she explained. "I don't pop pills every time I feel a tiny inkling of pain. But I suffer from really bad headaches every now and then. You know, the kind that gets you in bed, wondering when death will come and end your suffering". The last part was obviously a joke on herself, and Marissa made a dramatic expression to go with it.

She thought for a moment about his coment on people who got attracted to movie production. "Yes. I mean, I believe that as with any other profession, there is the type of person who is fit for it", she commented. "It's not like they are fundamentally bad people. It's more like... they have some behavior patterns". The girl smiled and shook her head. "Sorry, I enjoy watching people and coming to my own little conclusions".

When he mentioned her waiting there, she nodded. "Yes, I'm kind of waiting for my bus to come", she explained, looking at the street corner. "It should hopefully be here in a few minutes". After that comment, Marissa nodded. "That sounds great. I'm sure you'll love the club, and then we'll have some fun with my attempt to balance myself and talking a little more".

Mari didn't think anything of the invitation herself. It was probably something about her almost child-like attitudes towards life. She was about to say something more, but a bus turning the corner caught her eye. "I really have to go now. But it was a pleasure meeting you, Nanook. Please, do show up at the club, okay?".

She would only wait for his answer before signaling for the bus and hopping on it. It had been a long night, after all, and as much as Mari loved talking, she needed her bed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:45 pm 

Certainly Nanook hoped that in spite of her open personality Marissa wasn't a naive individual. He was only so open and accepting because he was able to defend himself so readily. Werewolves had a tendency to feel secure, if a bit wild, so he felt that he was always in a position to take care of a situation if it were to arise. As a result, he didn't exactly have much to fear.

Headaches, though, were something that he couldn't comprehend for this reason. Sure, he got some, especially when someone bested him and ended up getting him in the head. However, that didn't mean much when he was able to recover so quickly. Nevertheless, he nodded in turn to her replies with a bit of a smirk.

"I would hope, though, that pretty things like you didn't have such short lives as to have to end them in bed so quickly."

Finally, though, he stood up and placed his board on the ground as he figured that he should have been going as well. "Sure, I'll see you there on electronic night like I agreed. How will I know how to spot you?"

Since this was the only time he'd ever seen her, he figured that he didn't know how she might have dressed.

Well, Nanook figured that he was going to dress to the nines, so to speak, so he figured that she would have been able to spot him quite easily. While he knew entirely too well that there would have been people in costumes, he didn't think anyone else would have taken things too seriously, so he thought he would have still stood out, and Nanook had always wanted to stand out no matter what.

Tossing down his skateboard for the time being, he executed a couple of quick kick flips before he started to completely push away, speeding toward his target. It would have been assumed that he was headed home for now.

Nevertheless, there might have been other places that he was indeed going.

After all, the entire night under the light of the moon was home for a werewolf.

Marissa might not have known, but he could stalk the city as the sun went down, and stalk that city was precisely what he had planned to do.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:43 pm 

Sort of back.

Marissa was, indeed, somewhat naive. Not overly, but she liked believing everyone was a good person before she would think that they would be bad people. She had heard other people - mostly coworkers - tell her that she needed to change her ways, but it was beyond her control. And yet, for some reason or another, something in her made sure she wouldn’t get too close to actual bad people - at least not in her ‘nice’ side.

When Nanook said she was pretty and that he hoped she wouldn’t have a short life, Marissa giggled. “Oh, no. Don’t worry about that, I’m pretty sure I’ll be around for a while more”, the girl replied. She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. “There’s nothing really that wrong with me”, Marissa explained. “It might even be the loud music every night”.

Standing at the door before it could close, Marissa smiled. “Come in before midnight and I’ll be at the door greeting people”, she instructed. “If you come after that, I’ll probably be sporting purple hair that night. See you!”. She would have liked to have more time, maybe share her number, but the bus driver pulled off and there wasn’t much the girl could do about it.

And well, to be honest, all she wanted to do now was to go home and rest. There would be no stalking the city tonight for her - hopefully. Not unless her less-than-nice counterpart had plans of her own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next