All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The relief that Mariya had experienced was obvious. Vitali could actually see it in her eyes even if he wasn't the most empathetic person around. Part of him had feared she was going to leave as well, or perhaps even kill herself in the way that he suggested someone might make this look. He didn't want to deal with either of those situations. As she was someone he loved, he would certainly rather have died then her.

Just like saying it, listening to it was both harder and easier than he had figured. It was harder because his worst fears were now certainly confirmed. However, it was also easier in a way. After all, now he knew that there had been no other man. There was no one that she would have wanted to be with more than him.

Certainly, he never could have handled that one at all. He would have felt like someone was trying to show him up.

"Since we are both in this together now, whether we do want or don't want to be, then why wouldn't I forgive you? I have nothing to gain by being upset, but c'mon now, don't we have a lot to pack?" Vitali then began to run about collecting what few things he could find to serve as luggage. It was going to be difficult to get around, knowing that he had often been in the newspapers and such.

People probably knew his face, but they mostly saw a pilot with a shaved head. Now that his hair was longer and more fashionable they might not even recognize him. This would be especially true if he were dressed differently.

It really did look like he was rushing to get going. Then again, this made sense, because his life depended on it. He didn't mean to up and spark as though he were going crazy. However, he was honestly right about needing to do this fast if they were going to live this way. Everyone was going to be hot on their trail the moment that they figured out something was up.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Mariya could hardly believe that Vitali was actually willing to forgive her. Knowing he was, though, filled her heart with relief. Of course, the fact that he could forgive her didn’t mean there was no trouble to come. Actually, the fact that Vitali knew now meant that they would both be in trouble very soon. He was right - they had to move, they had to get out of there. And they had to do it before someone knew that she had told Vitali the truth. Otherwise, they would both be dead.

“Thank you for forgiving me, Viti”, she murmured, already moving around. They couldn’t stop and think too much. “I love you”, Mariya completed, sincerely, while walking into the room they shared whenever Vitali spent the night in there.

“We need to travel light”, the young woman continued on. “If we seem to be carrying luggage, it will be obvious what we are doing. I think we should each wear two sets of clothing, one underneath the other, and carry only the essential. It would be easier to move around this way”.

After these words, Mariya looked around her. It was painful to think that they had to leave, but to be honest, they shouldn’t even have been spending time together there. Picking up her purse, she got what little money she had and some items she could fit in there. “I have a really bad feeling about all this, down here inside”, she confessed, stopping for a moment and standing in front of Vitali to get his attention.

“If everything goes wrong… have you at least been happy with me here?”, she asked, knowing that she was wasting time, but unable to carry on without having the answer to her question.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:44 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

At this point, forgiveness was perhaps putting what had been said lightly. He wasn't going to just forgive her. Actually, he was honestly going much further than that. It had looked like Vitali was going to go with her no matter what, and he even had actually seemed to plan her escape. Considering that she herself lacked an escape plan, he figured that it would be necessary to work even faster as a result. Just as she had thought, there was indeed going to be plenty of trouble to come. Vitali realized that they were both going to end up dealing with a pretty big escape. That being said, he also had figured that she would have been able to handle it.

Naturally, if she were able to handle all of this sneaking around thus far, then she would have been able to handle additional sneaking around once they had gotten out of here. Since they had to move out before someone realized that she had told him, he figured that she would not have had more difficulty with this.

Still, her expressions given to him showed just how hard it was for her. Regardless, he nodded to the idea that they were both going to need two different sets of clothing. Moving about, it didn't take Vitali very long to change, and he figured that people wearing thick clothes with a heavy greatcoat over it might not have looked all that strange considering the sense of fashion that some people had in certain areas in Russia.

Both sets of clothing and the aforementioned greatcoat provided him with plenty of pockets to carry things, which meant that he wouldn't have needed to even pick up any piece of luggage at all. Turning about toward her, Vitali frowned once he was done getting his things ready.

"I know that you might not like it, judging by the look that you are giving to me, but perhaps you'll want to give this a try too, what do you think? Get anything that you need to bring with us in pockets. It will help us to travel light."

Taking a look down at a nearby newspaper, he smiled to himself knowingly. "It should be cold for a few days at least, which means that we will draw little attention bundled up and wearing multiple sets of clothing." Already he was considering in his head locations that they could have ultimately hid in. That might have been a bit of an easier task for him than most because of his history. After all, he had seen what the Earth looked like from a vantage point that few ever had.

Sighing a bit, he considered the question. They could run off all the way to Outer Mongolia. While it was technically a different country, it was still Soviet-aligned and essentially part of the USSR at this point. That meant that her handlers would never have the ability to go looking for her, especially if they went and hid out in the mountains.

Continuing to think in a rapid-fire fashion that his training gave him, he considered the steppes of Kazakhstan here, which were remote enough to not have anyone give chase throughout the land there. Honestly for that matter he thought about his native land. That Okrug was so remote that people couldn't find them in the country.

They might not have even been caught really if they had any chance of making it through the wastes of Siberia either, since few people wanted to make that trip. Indeed, it had long been used as a place for the Communist Party to exile outsiders and other troublemakers.

All this of was thought of while he was still moving. He certainly knew how to do things without wasting any time at all. Finally, though, he had to focus on what it was Mariya was saying, presuming that she had already gotten herself ready. They had what seemed like a supply of food and water for the time being, and he planned to refill at any drinking fountain that he could find. Smiling, he actually did take a moment to offer her a kiss before returning to the situation at hand.

"A bad feeling about what had happened? Well, if it's any consolation my feelings are mixed too. I'm sure that we are both going to end up being angry with each other and turning to tears with one another at some point, since our emotions will just end up boiling over. However, please promise me that we can at least withhold these emotions for now. Please? We need to get going very quickly."

That being said, he wasn't at all abandoning the question that she had posed to him. He was going to answer it straight up no matter what. Swallowing deeply, he looked back toward her and started to unlock the door so that they could get out. Predictably he had selected his heaviest and strongest pair of boots for the trip.

"I can promise you one thing in return: that I am completely honest when I tell you that I enjoyed my time here, that I love you and that I unquestionably do want to be with you."

With that, Vitali honestly found himself outside of the door, assuming that she was going to follow along. Considering that he was wearing a hat with earflaps, it was going to be a hard task to identify him. Presuming that she was still going to continue along with him for the time being, he did everything that he could to pick up the face.

Should Mariya have received even the slightest briefing as an agent then she should have been able to keep up with him. Indeed, Vitali just hoped perhaps that she had gotten sufficient physical activity to keep up with the pace. After all, this was going to be grueling.

Once they were out of the secured area here, which of course Vitali would have been able to do merely by passing his credentials, he could have gotten them freely to a train. Never did he pull favors as a National Hero, even though they made fun of it. Now, though, he was forced to do so.

At any time, though, these outfits would keep anyone from noticing him or her and even after he pulled a favor he could have kept himself hidden. It would surely be a difficult journey. There wasn't really any doubt about that. However, perhaps the power of their own care for one another would have seen them through it all even if nothing else could have.

In either case, fail or succeed, Vitali knew that one thing was going to be true. They'd be together through it all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6