All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:23 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

[i]It was hard to imagine that there had ever been a time when it didn't rain.
It was like the Heavens had decided to hide itself from the sin and filth down here. Maybe for the best, there was nothing down here that angels would care to see. [/i]

As if to prove Kenneth's point, a jumper lay bloody and broken on the streets where Kenneth walked by. Just a few months ago, people would have gathered to watch the display like it was an animal in a cage, but now it was but an inconvenience.
The stink from the corpse hung in the air, as if beckoning for attention, for recognition for this final act.

But there was little interest in death; death was easy, not an accomplishment. What was hard was living. Fighting the thoughts every day had become part of the routine to most of us here in Chicago: brush your teeth, convince yourself not to kill yourself today, brush your hair. Kenneth chuckled to himself. Laughing as I walk past the dead, what's this life doing to me.

He bought a newspaper from the local stand, skipping his normal pleasantries. He liked to stay on the good side of people like these, who saw a bit of everybody, knew a bit about everyone, but there was something about today. Like the world was a little bleaker today, like having dinner with a dame who's working up the courage to leave you. It's hard to put your finger on exactly what's wrong, but there's a bitterness in the air.

Kenneth made his way into his office, a small room furnished only with a table, two chairs, a liquour cabinet (almost empty), a filing cabinet and that ceiling fan he'd yet to fix. Not that there was much reason to fix it, this place was so cold that it didn't need another source of discomfort. He had gotten used to the slow, hypnotic spinning of the fan; it reminded him of watching the trees sway in the wind outside his room as a kid.

Kenneth produced a small hand mirror and a comb, bringing back his blonde hair, making sure his glasses weren't crooked. His blue eyes seemed to have less life in them than they used to.

"Christ, I could use a vacation," he muttered, knowing well that he’d never take one. His job was never done, and every moment he dallied was another inch he lost to that man.

Kenneth produced his cigarette box, opening it to find this was his last one. It was a strange feeling, smoking the last one; it was like ****ing for the first time. There was anticipation, and a desperation to have it be better and last longer than you knew deep down it would.

Kenneth was about to light it when he heard her approach his office door. The woman who would bring a bit more spice into his life, a bit more than he bargained for.

On the other hand I wanna just lie in bed and watch cartoons literally always.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

The night before

"Are you ready to do what you must, Rebecca?", the man asked the woman who stood before him. He knew the answer already, of course. They were always ready to do as they were told. Specially the girls. There was something about the girls that made them more readily available for whatever he needed. And he wanted a girl, specifically, for that role. Of course, one of the boys could have done it. But he didn't want one of them. Not for now. And he wanted to test Rebecca's loyalty to the limit.

Therefore, she was the one who would do it.

For the people in that group, there was no despair, no reason to want to die. They were happy, they were safe, they were taken care of. Their leader made sure everything worked out all right. And if they still had any troubles... well, they could always come to him and he would solve them. He always did. Yes. They were well taken care of, and had nothing to worry about.

Current morning

So, when the leader gave her the instructions, Rebecca obeyed. It wasn't hard when there was someone to tell you what to do. It was actually comforting, the woman thought while getting ready. Not one strand of auburn hair out of place. The dark blue eyes perfectly made up. Lipstick looked perfect as well. Tidy, but discreet. The dark green dress looked perfect as well. After making sure she was ready and decent, the woman left home and went where she was told to go.

After a moment's hesitation - should she try the door? -, the woman decided to knock and wait. It was the best way to make a good impression, after all. She had but to talk to him, present her case, and allow him to lead from there. Easy enough... hopefully.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:52 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Kenneth heard the clicking of high heels against the floor outside. The clicking reminded him of the ticking mechanical sound of a revolvers turning barrel. It was fitting really, high heels truly are the silent weapon of women after all.

The woman stopped outside his door, there was a moments pause as she considered how to enter. The kind of pause you got from nervious dames as they consider their place, or from the collective type, the type to whom every move is methodical and thought through. The most dangerious kind of women...

There was a light but insistant knock on the door. "Door's open" said Kenneth, just loud enough to be heard through the door, but without yelling.
The door swung open and the woman stepped into his office, Kenneth sighed out a breath of smoke before killing it. This dame was the ladder of the two... most definetly methodical, most definetly dangerious...

On the other hand I wanna just lie in bed and watch cartoons literally always.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:31 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Rebecca waited patiently for a response before entering the room. She figured the door should be unlocked, since there was someone in there. But knocking, in addition to being polite, would also give her time to build up the mystery. The woman felt that it would be her first weapon. She had others that could be used, and they probably would. But for now, that was the ideal choice. After she had gotten the chance to know Kenneth better, she would figure out the best weapons in her arsenal.

Deep down inside, the woman felt slightly nervous. She knew that was a very important job, and that she couldn’t fail. Straightening her back, she decided she wouldn’t. So, there was nothing to worry about.

Watching the man as she entered, the lady seemed curious. “Good morning”, she greeted, her voice soft and slightly husky, as though she either had a cold or that was her natural intonation. It was hard to define at a first meeting, after all. “I hope and I not intruding?”, the woman asked, nibbling on her lower lip for a second or two. “You are Mr. Donavan, aren’t you? I… I just though I would ask, sometimes I am a terror with names and addresses”.

After these words, the woman fell silent and waited patiently for the man to say something, or offer her a chair, or tell her to get the hell out. Either of those possibilities were on the table, after all.