All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:43 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"I hate Mondays", the girl groaned, forcing herself out of bed. The bed was a cheap one, located in a cheap motel in a backstreet. It was all she could - or could not - afford for the moment. April Carter's life had been like this the past weeks. Since she had lost her job, April slept in the cheapest place she could find, until she got kicked out and had to find the next cheap motel. It was a lifestyle that really made April ashamed, and she would give anything to escape it. Well, almost everything. Even in a dire situation, Ms. Carter had principles she held on to.

Taking a deep breath, the girl moved in the shower and took her time cleaning up. She washed her hair, put her best clothes on and took some detailed care of her looks. Looking her best was important, since she planned on going around looking for a job. Today would be the day. It had to be. Otherwise, she would be kicked out of the current motel pretty soon. April could see it in the way the guy behind the counter looked at her. And there was mom at home. She needed to help mom make ends meet, and she couldn't do that unless she found a job.

Checking herself out in the mirror and fixing her dress, April slipped out of her room and left the motel as discreetly as possible. She was hungry, but having breakfast there would be pushing her luck. She'd have to find an odd job for the day or go hungry. Once out in the street, April started her search. She entered every place with a 'help wanted' card on the door, even those where she would never have considered working in a normal situation. As usual, the answers were always no. The harsh word, no, kept ringing in her ears even as April walked to her next stop.

At about eleven, already tired and disheartened, April decided to take a break. She was hungry and upset, and it wouldn't do to continue like this. She needed to stop and at least have some water. After some walking, she stumbled upon a familiar sight. That repair shop belonged to an acquaintance, and he might be convinced to at least let her rest and have some water there. That is, considering he was around and not too busy.

Stopping by the door, the girl peeked inside. It was a bit awkward to ask for a favor of someone she didn't know that well, but April had to try. "Johnny?", she called out. "You there?", the girl completed, waiting for an answer.

Last edited by Shades on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:02 am 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Johnny woke in the morning with a soft yawn as he sat up in bed. The bed was rather soft and was far from cheap, he paid a rather large some for it. Though it was well worth it as he had a great night sleep most nights, but he didn't have much time to think on that as he had to get up and go to work.

After Johnny had gotten him self out of bed he had a shower, even though at the end of the day he would be covered in grease and other things. Still he had to look some what nice for those who would come in to get there cars or drop them off. So he had his shower and then got dressed in a pair of work jeans, a simple black shirt and his jacket. The young man then left his house, locking the door behind him as he got into his car.

The young man took only a short drive to his auto shop. Which at the moment he was the only one working at, it was owned and ran by him self. Which he found worked better for him, he didn't have to deal with **** ups from other people, he only had to deal with **** ups from him self. So once he pulled into the back of the auto shop he turned the car off and got out, walking into the office to take his jacket off and to put on his jumpsuit to work.

After a few hours of working on a few different cars, he heard someone call out to him. Which gave him a soft scare, causing him to jump and bang his head on the hood of a car. "Ahh Son of ****ing.." He said as he rubbed the top of his head, he must have been very into the car he was working on to get a scare like that. But ever the last he walked out front to find April standing there, he knew her through a few friends of theirs. Though in all truth he knew little of her, he wasn't sure why she was there though. "Oh hey, what can I do for you?" He asked, still holding his head.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:10 am 

Sort of back.

April wasn't very sure she would get any success in that place. It wasn't the kind of place where a girl like her fit well, after all. And in anyway, she couldn't see what use she could have in an auto repair shop. No, she wasn't really looking for a job there. She was more looking for any indication she could get. One thing April had learned was that being sent by someone's friend was a good way to get a leg up on any job interview. And she was willing to knock on every door she could possibly know of to get anything other than charity.

The thought of begging for charity alone was revolting to such a proud girl. Of course, April knew there was another way a girl could make some cash. Some of the girls she knew from living in cheap motels called it 'mattress money'. April wouldn't even consider the idea, not even as a joke. Her mother hadn't raised her that way. She wouldn't try and fall into the good graces of some wealthy man either. That was pretty much the same, just a little less disgusting. No, she was hell bent on making money through her own effort. So, she would have to ask for help, at least in finding a job. Chicago wasn't like her home town. It was big and she didn't really have anyone she could count on.

Swallowing her pride when Johnny showed up in from his working area, April took a deep breath and straightened her posture. First thing she noticed was that Johnny was holding his head. Her mind wondered for a moment what had happened. Thinking for a moment, April concluded that she might have startled the man. A guilty smile showed up on her face, relaxing her previously tense expression. "Morning. I'm sorry, I startled you, didn't I?", the girl asked, forgetting her own troubles for a moment. "Mind if I take a look there?", she completed, nibbling on her lower lip while waiting for an answer - and hoping he wasn't mad at her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 am 

2nd Year (1)

Johnny shook his head, pulling his hand from his head. "It's alright April, no blood." He smiled, before he took a cloth from his back pocket and cleaned his hands. "Anyways, come here for a check up? Some tires or maybe oil?" He asked, not to sure as why she would be here if not for those. Though some people do come in to use the bathroom, they usually don't stand around these long to ask him such questions though.

Johnny then saw someone pull up outside, he didn't know the car and couldn't see who it was from there so he didn't move or say anything as the car door opened and slam behind him, but Johnny was no longer as he turned back to girl. he looked her up and down as he put his clothe back in his back pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 pm 

Sort of back.

April looked at Johnny's head to be sure there was really no blood. She relaxed in seeing that he seemed to be all right. Once the girl relaxed, her smile returned and she laughed. "Unless you wanna check out on my shoes, I have no transportation other than that". It was true, April was way too broke to have a car, and even the bus was a luxury she couldn't afford most of the time. At least not in the bind she had found herself in.

"Well, um, I actually kind of need a favor". The girl looked a little over her shoulder as well. Since the person in the car wasn't anyone she could recognize at first size, April turned back to Johnny. "You see, I feel kinda awkward asking, we don't know each other that well". At every word, the girl seemed more and more ashamed. "I... I have... found myself in kind of a bind". April started rubbing her hands together, apparently nervous. "I'll be honest - I'm broke. Like, really, really broke". Her eyes widened and she continued before Johnny could speak. "I'm not looking for money, don't worry. That's not what I want". After these words, she finally finished her explanation.

"I'm looking for a job, okay?", the girl blurted out. "Anything at all will do, I'm not too proud to work, but I really need a job, anything, otherwise I'll starve. I'm serious". She stopped talking and let out a relieved breath. "Sorry about this. Do you want me to leave now?".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:55 pm 

2nd Year (1)

"No no, you don't have to leave. But in all truth the only thing I could think if you were the person who met people here. Everyone else I know isn't looking for anyone right now. Though I do think it would be best if we talked about this after I deal with the guy here. Unless you want a job now then you could go meet him." He laughed, looking to the man who was coming closer to the door. Once the man was close enough to see his face, Johnny's face went from light and smiling, to dark and grim. "In second thought I think you should just wait here well me and him have a talk. So why don't you get some water and maybe a donut." He pointed to the table that held a water cooler and a plate of donuts.

The man then walked into the front half the auto shop with a smile, looking right at Johnny. "Hey, long time no see Johnny boy." The man said with one arm out for a hand shake, but instead Johnny took a step back. "What do you want Joey? Me and you have nothing in common anymore and the family has let me go. I didn't think you would want to see me anyways." He growled, not in the least bit happy to see his once best friend. Joey seemed a bit hurt, but then he smirked. "While Johnny boy, you actually aren't out yet. You still owe us either a life, or a rather large sum of money. Since I know you so well, I'm sure you aren't about to give up a life. So you are going to help me and a few others get the money you owe us." Joey said.

As the two men talked, it was clear that they had known each other a rather long time. And the more someone looked at them, the more they looked like brothers rather then friends. Both men were rather tall, maybe six foot two to six foot three, they had black hair, were rather built with board shoulders, both of them looked like they could carry them selves in a fight. They were probably you would not want to find in a back alley. Though the thing that set the two men apart was Johnny looked ready to punch Joey, while Joey looked liked he wanted to hug Johnny.

After a minute more of talking he grabbe Joey by the sleeve of his coat. "Come on, let's talk about these in the back office." He hissed, opening the door to the shop and dragging Joey through it, he then turned and looked at April. "If anyone else comes in, ask what they need and what they think there problem, get there name and number, write it all down. And if they leave there car and they say they still need a car for a few days. Tell them there is a rent a car place a few blocks down the road that way." He pointed to the right, then said one last thing. "And if anyone shedy comes in, there is a 44. under the desk there. If you really need me though, walk through the shop and get me in the back office, and if all goes well and you are still here when I'm done. Then you can have a job." He then closed the door to the shop and walked rather angrily to the back office.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:33 pm 

Sort of back.

April seemed a little relieved when Johnny said she didn't have to leave. With the blows of bad luck she had been having lately, the girl was afraid she would burst into tears if the man just dismissed her. When he said the only thing he could think of was for her to meet people who came in, April seemed to light up. She could do that, no problem. Hell, she would have worked on cars, or cleaned the floors on her hands and knees. So, greeting people wouldn't be a problem. April was already moving to go see what the person who had just come in wanted. She stopped on her tracks, though, when Johnny seemed to change his mind and made a second offer. A donut sounded like a great thing. "Uh... okay. Thanks a lot", she murmured, moving towards the table and wondering what was going on.

Pretending to be completely oblivious to everything, April drank a glass of water and started nibbling on a donut. She tried to listen to the conversation without being noticed, and started tidying up here and there. It was in part to be around and listen without raising much suspicion. But a part of her really did want to tidy up and make the place looked better. It was just one of her habits. And she also kind of felt a little worry that the two men could come to blows there and she would have to try and break them apart. Despite the fact she had never met Joey before - not that she could recall -, April could notice the air was heavy with tension.

When Johnny grabbed the other man by the sleeve of his coat, April's eyes widened a little. Would they fight now? Hoping they wouldn't, the girl took a few steps back. Hearing Johnny speak made her sigh in relief. It seemed like they would talk. He still didn't look happy, but it didn't seem like the men were about to come to blows at the moment.

Stopping her speculations, April turned to Johnny when he started giving her instructions. It all seemed simple enough. Ask what they needed, they name and number, and write everything down. If they left the car and need a replacement, point them out to the rent a car nearby. Seemed about right and easily feasible. When Johnny talked about the gun, April's first impulse was to ask if it was loaded. Concluding that it obviously was, she stopped herself from speaking and nodded. "Okay, um... thanks. I will be here when you come back". Watching as the two men left, April took another glass of water and waited, hoping nothing bad would happen - nothing that would make her need to use a gun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:24 pm 

2nd Year (1)

When Johnny reached the back office, he flang the door open; slamming it behind him as he stepped into the small room. The sound of the slamming door was rather loud, and could be heard up front where April was. Though Johnny didn't really care about that, what he cared about was why Joey was here. So Johnny walked around the small desk and sat down, having Joey sit infront of him.

"What the hell do you want?" The mechanic asked, his eyes cold and fixed on his former best friend. Though the mobster just smiled and relaxed into his chair. "Well, you are going to help me and a few others to rob a bank. Other wise you might find that your little business here is easily burnt to the ground." Joey smirked, looking at Johnny for a minute before he continued. "We have the whole thing planed out, we know where the money is, how the guards move, where they will be. The whole nine yards, all we need is a little muscle. That's where you'll come in, hell if we have enough to cover what you owe and still have some left over. You can have that."

Johnny sat and listed to what Joey had to say, of course he knew that the threat was far from empty. He gave a soft sigh and hung his head, there was nothing he could do to get out of this. It seemed that the talk was over before it even began, so he put his hand out towards the other man. "Alright, I guess I have no other choice do I?" He asked, as Joey took his hand, pushing a note into it. "No you don't, show up to this address on that day at that time." He said, before standing and walking out of the office. He turned and looked at Johnny. "I'll see you around, let's hope this job goes well." With that, the man went back to the front office and then out to his car.

In the time that Johnny and Joey had gone to the back office, a woman came into the auto shop and up to April. She gave her a soft and warm smile, before she turned and pointed to her family car out front. "That's mine out there, I'm not sure what's wrong with it. But it's been making this odd sound, it leans to the right, and I need a oil change." She says, before she pulled a card out of her purse and placed it on the counter in front of Apirl. "My name and number is on there, I think that's everything.." She said, though it seemed this woman knew what she wanted and what she wanted to do. Though as the woman thought she suddenly pulled her purse open again and put the keys on the counter. "You'll probably need these as well, that's everything." She said, looking at Apirl to see if she got everything she said and such.

Joey came into th front office as the woman was giving Apirl the keys, he didn't say anything or even look at the woman as he made his way to the door and out to his car. Less then a minute Johnny followed into the front office and looked at the two woman. "Seems like you got things under control here April." He said, before disappearing into the auto shop, he would let April finish up with the woman then either see if she came to him. If she didn't he would go see what she had from the woman.