All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:09 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alice Kingsley sighed as she strolled down the empty walkway. School had been horrible and she was so stressed out lately that everything seemed to annoy her more and more. She happened to look up from her feet as she almost passed an old antique shop. She shrugged then decided to check it out anyway.

She opened the door and found the place to be very musty and cluttered. There were a few items that looked like they came straight from the trash. The shopkeeper looked up from his book and simply nodded in greeting to her. She returned to perusing the items until a small wooden chest caught her eye. She made her way over to the box with ornate engravings and words carved elegantly in a different language. Alice opened the lid and found a beautiful ruby glass pendant tucked neatly away at the top. She lifted out the jewel and as soon as it settled in he hand, the glass shattered. Alice gasped as a purple and blue mist quickly began to encircle her. She tried to yell for help but she seemed to be cut off from the world. Then everything went black.

Alice opened her eyes after what seemed to be a few minutes. As she glanced around she noticed she was no longer in the little shop. Instead of the antique items, card like people and odd environmental surroundings were all around her. She was sat in a wooden chair with shackles around her wrists. Her horrified gaze travelled in front of her only to see a large dark haired woman dressed in red and white. She wore a crown with a heart made of pure gold. Alice was completely confused.

"You have been found guilty of destroying a glass heart that was made for me long ago. Your sentence is death." she almost snarled. "Off with her head!!!" she boomed to the card people.

Alice looked around, horrified at the card people coming towards her with swords and halberds. She struggled to loosen herself from the shackles but to no avail. "Wait!" she called out, finally finding her voice. "Please, your majesty, listen to me. It was an accident. Ill find you a new one!"

The queen huffed in reply at first. "You are clearly an idiot. Those hearts cannot be bought, only made." she growled.

"Well then please let me make you a new one. Just tell me how."

The queen thought for a moment. Her frown soon turned to an evil smirk. "I will give you one month to accomplish two tasks. For the first task you will make a new heart by falling in love with this fellow here." she said pointing to a boy standing off to the far side of the podium. "And for the other task you must convince the black king to renounce his claim to the ultimate throne." Alice watched the malice in her eyes as she issued these seemingly impossible tasks. "Do you agree, uplander?"

Alice gulped down her fear and nodded. She then waited for the queen to tell the card people to let her go. As she waited, her gaze found the boy she was supposed to fall in love with. One month was almost entirely impossible to get to know someone well enough.

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:29 am 

Medals: 1
Adaptive (1)

'I knew it was a mistake to come here. I should have just stayed away court today but no I thought they were going to say something about Zane and what he's doing right now. I should have known that the red queen would pull something like this.' Xander thought as he tried to suppress an eye roll when the queen pointed at him. 'And of course the queen doesn't ask me my opinion of the matter. What if I don't like the girl ? Am I supposed to just let her die? Oh wait, I can totally do that.' Xander smiled as a plan formed in his head about how to get out of this new predicament.
He was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he almost missed the queen mentioning the Black King, aka the place where Zane was. 'If being with this girl helps me to get to Zane then, I guess I can go along with this plan and maybe not let her die. Maybe if she helps me get Zane back.' He thought as he waited for the queen to leave and give him an opportunity to talk to the girl.

Attachments:
File comment: This is what Xander looks like. He also has half of a heart on the back of his left shoulder. Zane, his twin has the other half of the heart. It is the only way to tell them apart.
Alexander and Zane.jpg
Alexander and Zane.jpg [ 21.08 KiB | Viewed 4497 times ]
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:59 am 

Alice looked up at the boy. He reminded her of a Neko, something she would usually read in her manga. She looked him over, taking in all the unique sights of the guy. The card soldier undid her shackles and she stood and walked over to the boy with shaky legs. She was very nervous about this situation. But hey, anything is better than death. She held out her hand for him to shake.

"Uhm hi. My names Alice Kingsley. Its a pleasure to meet you..." her voice trailed off as she realized she didnt know his name.

Alice had to admit, the man was actually pretty attractive for a non-fiction species. She waited for him to respond, all the while wondering just how this situation would play out. She wondered if it was even possible for this boy to fall in love with her for her to make this 'heart'. After all her life was now on the line. And what was one uplander's life to someone that only just met her. She hoped like hell that he would be on her side.

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:40 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Xander looked at Alice's hand and then back up at her. He took her hand and shook it. "Zane... Xander. Nice to meet you. I will do my best to help you convince the Black King to give up his claim to the ultimate throne. I cannot promise you that I will help you make this heart." He said and smiled at Alice then he turned around and started walking.

Once he was out of the palace he started walking in the direction of town so he could find his friend Hatter. 'Maybe he knows where exactly in the Black King's kingdom Zane is. I need to find him. Why does everyone like separating us?' He thought as he continued on his way.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:12 pm 

Alice followed Xander down the path with apprehension. "So where do are we going?" she asked. "And why cant you help me with this heart thing?" she was quite curious to how this 'heart' was made in this world. Everything seemed topsy turvy here. It was like reason didnt exist in Wonderland. Nothing made sense like it did in real life. This had to be a dream.

She pinched herself hard and squeaked.

If this was a dream then she couldnt wake from it. Her heart felt heavy. She missed home. There was no doubt about that. She missed playing video games and reading books. There had to be some logical explanation for why this dream world was even here. But sadly, she could not think of one yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:28 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Xander stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Alice speak to him. 'Where is that voice coming from and why is it directing questions to me? Dumb Ass! That is the girl that is going to help you find Zane talking. Better answer her then. And while I'm at it stop talking to myself.' He thought as he turned around to face Alice. "We are going to Hatter's place and ask him if he knows where Zane is at the moment." He said and then turned back around to continue walking when he remembered that she had asked him another question concerning the heart.
He took a deep breath and then faced her again. "The reason why I don't know if I can help you with the heart is because I don't know if I will be able to fall in love with you." He sighed as he started walking backwards in case she asked him any more questions before they reached Hatter's place.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:26 pm 

Alice looked at him with pure shock. 'I dont know if I'll be able to fall in love with you.' These words ran through her mind repeatedly. She couldnt even focus on the task at hand. The small glimmer of hope had vanished into thin air. Was there something wrong with her? Was she not attractive enough for him? She couldnt think of an answer. It made no sense whatsoever. Her mouth kept trying to form words but her mind was blank. Could she even complete this quest now? She had to. It was the only logical choice. It was either complete the quest or be killed.

The shock began falling into anger. Alice narrowed her eyes and felt her blood boil with rage. "And what reason is that?" she asked finally. She wanted nothing more then to tug at the boy's cat ears to knock some sense into him. "There is no way you can say that without even trying first. I may not have known you for long but you do not look like a quitter to me! And saying that makes it sound like you've already given up!" Alice spat. She wasnt about to just give up on her life just because this cat thought it would be impossible to fall in love with her. It was a stupid thought. And Alice wasnt about to let him give up on her either.

She stalked forward not even caring how much noise she made. The girl was too angry to care. Let some monster attack her right now. She felt more than capable of defending herself against even the Jabberwock itself.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:16 pm 

Adaptive (1)

'Why is she angry? This doesn't make any sense. All I said was the truth. Maybe Hatter will know what I did wrong but we are still have a good ways to go before we get to his place. Guess I have to figure it out by myself.' Xander thought, he stopped walking and took a deep breath. "Why are you so angry? I only told the truth. I just met you so there is no way that I could fall in love with you right away. Besides right now the only person I love is my twin brother Zane. So I guess I'll be able to fall in love with you if you can help me get my brother back from the Black King. Will that make you stop being angry?" He asked annoyed that this girl would get angry at him for telling the truth. 'The one time I haven't been a crazy person since being separated from my brother and this is what I get. I should just stick to being crazy.' With that thought in mind Xander turned his back on Alice and started walking a bit faster than he first did towards Hatter's place.