All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:23 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

https://mallorymoody.files.wordpress.co ... .jpg?w=500 Juliet Quinn

On the outskirts of a town named Gideon lays a college where kids go to obviously learn. Everything in the town of Gideon is ordinary. Except for two students who reside in the college dorms. They look like ordinary students but there is something odd about the two of them.

Juliet Quinn was in her single dorm. She requested one to be left alone, for it just to be her black cat, Moon. And herself. She wasn't the biggest people person in the world. But that was alright. She quite liked to be left alone, she enjoyed the sounds of just her music and thoughts. But sometimes the silence was torture for her. She often had to blare music into her ears to block out the voices in her head. On a good day, they would just leave her alone. But almost every day, they would pester her. Call her names, trip her up, and just be down right annoying. There was a sudden knock at the door that made both Juliet and Moon jump. She walked to the door and opened it to see Hannah, her one friend. The girl was taller than her and had thick black hair that fell to just past her shoulders, and deep blue eyes. She was pretty, too bad Juliet never thought herself as pretty even though she really was.

"Oh hey, what's it you need?" Hannah only smiled as she grabbed Juliet's wrist and pulled her out of her dorm and shut the door behind her. Juliet was stunned by Hannah as she dragged her down the hall, not explaining anything to her as she walked. The quad was filled with kids in their proper cliques, popular, jocks, nerds, freaks, all in their rightful place. Hannah sat at the base of the large tree and smiled. "You need some tan!" Was all she said. It was only then that Juliet noticed that in the first time in a while, it was actually sunny outside. She shrugged and gave a small and rare smile to Hannah as she sat next to her friend.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 am 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

Bendic sat in his room, absentminded. He had started this school only recently, but it was living up to expectantions. He hadn't made any real friends yet... And he was able to check the school out without leaving his room. It was somewhat alienating to be able to project his mind to his immediate surroundings, but Bendic liked it that way. Right now, he was checking out the facilities outside. Noone could see his astral projection, of course... And so he had every chance to say what he thought of people out loud, for he had noone else to talk with.

His mind-self flew over the schoolyard checking out the various spots for relaxation, sports, et cetera. He flew by a group of girls gossiping about another group of girls, and a bunch of guys who sat discussing sports. Then he came across two girls sitting by a tree. One of them struck him as a bit peculiar. He projected himself closer. The girl was pretty enough, but looked reserved. And she had dyed her hair a bright pink for some reason. "Pink hair? You see anything these days." He had no idea she was gifted, of course. If he did, he might have been slightly more careful with what he said around her. others might not have been able to hear him, but she probably was - even if she could not see him.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:01 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Juliet looked up. She felt something odd in the air but she soon brushed the feeling off until she heard something speak.
"What do you mean by that? And who said that?" She thought in her mind, she didn't know how she heard the voice but again, she brushed it off. She glanced at Hannah who was now lounging in the sun with her eyes closed. Juliet looked left, right and then left again. She willed her body to shift and it did. Soon there was nothing left of herself and only a small squirrel sat on the ground.

Juliet now being a squirrel she scampered around the ground and back to the dorm room. She crawled up the side of the dorm building and through her window that she kept open. Once she was in and she was sure that nobody saw her, she shifted back to normal.

Juliet let out a sigh once she sat on her bed. Moon jumped on her lap and purred, automatically curling up into a small ball as usual and falling asleep. She smiled softly at the cat and placed her on the bed. She had some work to do before classes started and she needed to get it done. She sat at her desk and started her work.
"Ugh, I hate math..." She said out loud and to no one in particular.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Bendic didn't quite believe his projected eyes. The girl he had seen sitting in front of him had suddenly turned into a squirrel and darted away. For quite some time, Bendic was frozen - well, not solid, but its ethereal equivalent. Releasing his projection and returning to his corporeal host, Bendic immediately stood up straight and took on his jacket. He moved brisquely past the other guys in the dorm, many of them failing to notice him. Even in his physical body, he was nearly invisible. This despite his white hair and red eyes - he was an albino. Or maybe because of it? He wasn't sure. It suited him fine, though. He had always been an observer.

Exiting the boys' dorm, he walked straight ahead to the opposite side of campus, towards the girls' dorm. His physical eyes were almost shut in the bright sunlight, but he had long since learned to use his astral projection to see, even without leaving his body. He put his shades on - matching his starkly contrasted black and white attire - and kept walking. It was as if something was pushing him. He had never before met another with gifts like himself. He had been visiting psychics and mediums, but they had all been frauds. But a girl that could literally change her physical shape and even body mass in seconds? While noone was watching? It had to be real. Of course it was. Bendic had to meet her.

Standing in front of the girls' dorm, Bendic felt a surge. It was excitement. A fluttering in his chest, an elated rush... A sinking feeling. Nausea. What if he goofed up? Bendic looked around the courtyard in front of the dormitories. Suddenly, he felt afraid. He wasn't the type to start a conversation! He never had been! He was simply an observer. A spectator. An invisible bystander, calmly looking at his surroundings, never interacting. He couldn't do this, it was impossible! Unthinkable! But oh, he wanted it so badly. To finally have someone to talk to. And he couldn't just barge into the girls' dorm either - it was off limits to boys. How would he get in? If he wanted to talk to the girl, to interact, he'd have to be there in person! ... Or?

The girl was gifted. This much was clear. Bendic had no idea what that entailed, but... It was concievable, if she was capable of hearing the ethereal, that an astral projection could be noticed. He knew she hadn't seen him last time, but Bendic wondered if maybe she had noticed his presence. As such, he sat down on a nearby bench - comfortably in the shade, so his eyes wouldn't sting. He let out a sigh, and went inwards. He calmed down, and willed himself into a sort of sleep. Just before his conciousness slipped, he slapped himself awake and jerked himself through a daydream into the physical world beyond. Taking a brief moment to look at his body to ensure he wouldn't be sore when he returned, he then levitated up and into the girls' dorm. He then began looking for the pink-haired girl.

As his vision projected through the girls' dorm, he felt guilty. He managed to project through the showers by accident, and since he had to search the rooms to find the girl, he gatecrashed quite a few embarassing scenes. He was used to it, though. He kept people's secrets - though first and foremost in the bid to keep his own. In the end, however, he found her, sitting on her bed with a cat jumping around her. She got up, and went to her desk. "Ugh, I hate math..." she said aloud. Bendic hesitated for a moment, before in his spectral form spoke up. "I rather like it. It's not as ambigous as some other subject, and the answer is always crystal clear. Never subject to interpretation." He waited for a response - or rather, he intended to. He didn't, however, have the prerequisite patience. "Can you hear me?"

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:51 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Juliet sighed and opened up her math book and started to write down notes and homework. She loved her friend Hannah but she was bush. She needed to study, with tests coming up, she needed to study and hard. She was just about ready to get absorbed into her work when she heard a voice in her head.

Juliet jumped back and nearly fell out of her seat.

"Wh... What the hell?!" Juliet looked around the room wildly. There wasn't anybody there. Her heart was racing, was she being stalked? She continued to look around. Frantically she almost stepped on Moon's tail, but thankfully the cat jumped out of the way in time to just barely miss her foot.

"Who said that...? And where the hell are you...?" She continued to look around. She was confused, she had never heard anything like that before. Was this like The Omen? Where the little boy could see dead people? She shook her head.

She needed to calm down.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:30 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Bendic saw Juliet's reaction, and concluded immediately that his suspicions had been correct. He let her bewilderment go on for a brief while before addressing her questions. "First things first - my name is Bendic. I'm a transfer. I'm sorry, I saw you transform in the schoolyard. I'm gifted, like you. What you're hearing is the voice of my astral projection. Don't be alarmed, please. It's just... Well, I've never met someone else before." Bendic hovered closer, trying to sound calming. "Look, I just want to talk. To someone else. Like me, I mean. Please? I'm sure you're dying to meet someone else too. If yes, just step out of the dorm's front doors. I'll be waiting. I have a cane." And like that, he was gone.

Waking up once more in his physical body, Bendic stood up straight and fetched his white cane from his inner jacket and unfolded it. His natural eyesight made him legally blind, and having the cane did have some advantages, like for example now. He stood up from his bench and walked to the front door, standing outside, waiting patiently. If she didn't show in a few minutes, Bendic would take the hint and leave. But for now, he was content with waiting. For now.

Nope, he wasn't. While his range was signifigantly shorter while concious, he looked into the building to check on Juliet's response. Would she stay? Would she come down? He had just enough range to reach outside of her room. And so he stood and waited, listened.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:01 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Juliet had more questions but she sighed when the voice disappeared. There was another one like her and she was excited. Before she ran to the door and opened it she stopped herself.

Questions of what could happen drilled through her head. What if he is a spy? What if he's just here on a mission from the government? She shook her head, groaned loudly and laid on the floor. For a while, all she did was stare up at the ceiling. She didn't know what to do. Could she really trust someone of her own kind? With another groan, she flipped to her stomach and buried her head in the carpet. After a few moments of inner screaming and fighting, she pushed herself up off of the floor, went to the door, and started walking down the hall to the main entrance to the dorms.

She immediately spotted the boy waiting for her. She approached her.

"I'm Juliet. Juliet Quinn. I assume you're Bendic?" She looked the boy up and down. He was blind and albino and she frowned softly. It wasn't out of pity however. She just generally always had a sadness towards people with disabilities as such. She felt as if they hated her because she could see, or walk, or hear. She had empathy something awful.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:23 am 

Contest Winner (1)

For a long time, Bendic couldn't see any trace of Juliet, where he stood projected ourside of her room. But just as he was about to give up, the door opened, and Juliet came out. Elated, he returned to his body, and stood patiently outside the dorm. After a few brief moments, the door opened, and Juliet came out into the courtyard. Bendic knew he was recognizable once you bothered to look for him. And just as predicted, the girl came straight for him. "I'm Juliet. Juliet Quinn. I assume you're Bendic?" Bendic smiled as she spoke. He could see the frown on her face - a compassion bordering on pity. He smiled back at her, dismissing it. His teeth had clearly undergone several corrective procedures, giving the smile a somewhat artificial look. "Yes. Bendic Taylor. I transferred here a few weeks ago. One of the new teachers can read braille, so I was sent here." He offered a hand to shake, and gestured towards campus. Folding his white cane, he spoke up, looking a bit awkward. "I don't mean to be forward, but I was hoping you'd be willing to give me a tour. And we can discuss matters of mutual interest."

It was clear from the fidgeting and the clumsy, overly formal tone that Bendic wasn't used to social interaction. And Juliet would have no trouble seeing that it was doubly true for girls - his white skin flushed a very visible red, and his smile was a bit shaky, as if he was somehow afraid. The fact that he offered his arm to be guided (just for appearance's sake - he was supposed to be blind after all) only served to reinforce his awkwardness. But there was something else too, a motivating force that pushed him through the awkwardness and forced him to stand up and act. Another thing was plain to see, too - he was squinting, even through the sunglasses. "I apologize for the shades. Albinism makes me inherently photosensitive, so I cannot take them off unless we're in a dark enviornment. Once again, I'm sorry if I come across as rude."

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:45 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Juliet smiled and waved her hand.

"Oh no, it's quite all right. I understand." Juliet smiled and took his arm. She wrapped her in his and smiled softly. She hoped he didn't think that she was rude either. She just had never met someone like her before. Well she wasn't good with people in the first place.

She led him throughout campus, showing him where the cafeteria and library were. She even showed him her favorite place to sit alone. It was nice to have someone to talk to who understood her.

"Juliet!!" Hannah called out to her. Juliet stopped and groaned softly.
"Hey where did you go? You just kinda disappear... Oh, who's this?"
"This is Bendic. He's new here so I decided to show him around campus for a bit." Juliet smiled and so did Hannah.
"Well there's a party tonight at the Frat House. Wanna go?" Hannah jumped up and down, her hands clutched together in a pleading way. Juliet groaned and sighed in defeat.
"Fine I'll go. But I'm leaving if I don't feel comfortable." Hannah barely heard the last words. She hugged Juliet and then sprinted off to start getting ready.

Juliet let out a sigh. "That was Hannah. My friend and a nuisance. I apologize for her." She side smiled at Bendic hoping he'd understand.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:07 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Bendic was guided around campus, appreciating being given the lay of the land by someone a little more experienced with the place than he was. After a brief talk with the librarian - asking for a few books transcribed to braille - the tour was resumed, and Bendic was exposed to the eagerness of Juliet's friend, Hannah. He stood by with a slight smirk on his face as the two had their little exchange.

"... I apologize for her." Bendic just chuckled a little. "No, that's quite alright. She seems like pleasant enough company, if you can keep up with her energy." He spent a few moments looking around at the alumni at the school. "Speaking of which, the frat parties at my old school all had the tendency to go a bit over the top. Loud noises, blinking lights... How do the parties around here usually take form?" Bendic was curious for two reasons. One, he wanted to learn a bit more about the general psychology of the school as a whole, and he also wanted to know if he could attend the party without getting a migraine before five minutes had passed.

"Oh, and thank you for the tour. I was intending to ask you a few more things, though. First and foremost, about your gift." He sensed he might be pushing it a bit, so he started. "But I can go first. I have the gift of astral projection. It's a form of ESP that allows me to go somewhere in spectral form, and utilize the senses of sight, hearing, and smell. By using that sense right here and now, I can see clearly - even if my eyesight is at minus thirty-two." He turned his head and looked at Juliet for a brief while, as if to reoinforce the point. "I know that projectors in the past have been able to project their form as a sort of remote image, and speak to people, but I do not have that skill yet. I can only be heard by mediums..." He smiled. "Or other people with similar gifts. Which brings us seamlessly to you." He turned his head again and smiled at Juliet. "What can you do, juliet?"

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:38 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Juliet smiled when Bendic thanked her.

"Oh please it was my pleasure." She held her smile until he asked what she could do. She thought it was amazing that he could project himself out of his body when he wanted. She sighed, it seemed like she got the short end of the stuck when it came to the gifts category.

"Well, I can change my body into any animal I want.... When I was younger I found this out the hard way, and lets just say that it hurt the first few times around." Juliet thought back to when she first shifted.

She was only about 8 when she realized she could change her form. She was in the backyard when she saw a cat, she smiled and actually thought of being a cat, but her smile soon faded and turned to an expression of pain. Young Juliet cried out in pain as her muscles and bones shrunk and tore themselves to shape into a cat. When the process was finished, Juliet was too scared to move. She didn't understand why the world was so much bigger than it had been a few seconds ago. That was until she looked down and realized she now had little black paws. Juliet thought about being human again and cried out once more as her bones grew and her muscles replaced themselves into a human body. She couldn't believe what had just happened.

Years passed and Juliet still could change. After that day, she spent most of the days shifting and perfecting her changes. It soon got to the point where she felt absolutely no pain and could shift in an instant instead of going slow.

In the present Juliet kind of smiled at her past. She was grateful that she had a gift like no other, but at the same time it upset her. She could have things easy unlike other people in this world.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:59 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Bendic nodded as Juliet explained her gift. "I realized as much. I saw you, after all." As she said she found out 'the hard way', Bendic cocked his head as he thought about his first time. "I found out a slightly different way. I woke up one day before school, and feeling hungry, I went to the kitchen to get some food. I went up to my mother and asked if she could make breakfast, but she ignored me. No matter what I said, she acted like I wasn't there." He laughed at this memory. "I got upset. I went back to my room, crying. Imagine my surprise when I found myself there! It scared me almost to death. I spent a full ten minutes trying to get back in. For a moment, I thought I was dead."

He sighed. "It all worked out, though. My mother came to check on me, and as she shook me - well, my body, that is - I got dragged back in. I tried to explain what had happened, but she told me it was just a nightmare. It took me two years before I managed to figure out how to utilize my gift properly." He adjusted his shades, to prevent his red eyes from being exposed to too much sun. "Now, it's effortless."

His smile soon faded, though. There was something else on his mind, something pressing. "But enough about me. Shapeshifting isn't your only ability, is it? You heard me while I was projecting. That ought to be impossible. I wager your gifts include evocation as well. But of the minds of the living or the dead, I wonder..?" The question was undoubtedly blunt, but Bendic had at this point concluded that Juliet might be willing to talk to him. At the very least, she couldn't deny she had some form of ESP, like he did.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Juliet listened to his story through and through. She found it interesting, his gift and himself in general. Everything about him was just so strange and neat in its own way.

"Well... When I was younger I could talk to dead people." She shrugged softly. "I kind of still can now, but I don't see them as much as I used to. And as for hearing you when you spoke to me... I have no idea."

This was all so strange and new to Juliet. She thought that she was the only one with a strange gift. But now, here she was standing in front of a man who had a gift as she did. It was odd actually opening up to someone. She didn't even talk to Hannah as much as she had talked to Bendic in just a small fraction of a few minutes. She was afraid to admit it, bur she actually enjoyed having someone around who actually understood what she was going through. She couldn't help but smile. A smile; a rare thing indeed to see on her face. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders once more.

"I guess I'm just special in more ways than one?" She smirked and let out a small laugh.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:32 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Bendic smirked back at Juliet. His mind was already processing her gift and her story. Bendic found himself intrigued by this girl. And it was more than her gift, he was surprised to realise. A slight tinge of red which would be invisible on any but an albino could be seen on his face. "Well, I don't need to be a farseer to realise that," he managed to get out without stuttering. He was both amazed and terrified at himself for saying it. Stupid! It was the first girl - as in, ever - he'd ever had a conversation with that lasted longer than fifteen awkward seconds. It was getting to him, the otherwise so calm observer.

He had to calm down. He couldn't muck this up, not when he finally met another gifted person. He couldn't try to take it back - that'd just be even more clumsy. Oh, God. He really was blushing, now. He made a loud cough. "Well, I suppose I am special, too, what with my albinism and whatnot." His attempt at redirecting the conversation was pathetic at best, but it might serve a purpose.

Please don't read too much into it, please don't read too much into it...

The Shards United!..?