All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:31 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Tension was high in the small meeting room. It was the kind of tension that caused a nauseous feeling to plummet into one’s gut, able to be cut with a knife.

A woman with platinum blond hair, which fell to about her shoulders, and blue eyes characteristic of being an ice dragon, sat at the head of the table. Her brow was furrowed into a scowl and her arms were crossed over her chest. She had thin lips that matched her thin face, and that made the ice gaze she was giving her comrades even more sinister. There was certainly an intimidating presence about her and was obviously the one in charge of this meeting. Most who knew her was well aware she was the type who liked to be in charge of things, and never missed an opportunity to show that it was not a good idea to get on her bad side. On the other hand, her presence almost gave off the kind of intimidation that made people want to speak out, to challenge her.

But all who did try to speak up were silenced. Moments ago, the room had been alive with the combined voices of the others in the room. It was like this whenever a meeting was called, and seemed to slowly get worse as more problems came to her attention. Humans were starting to become a little braver now that they have succeeded in taking out a powerful officer. Now, they must be thrown back in line, which was always a heated discussion due to differing views. She felt like she was going to smash some things, and they knew it. Not that any of them cared, of course; most of them were waiting for her to lose her temper. They would enjoy watching her be punished for stepping out of line. It was a dog-eat-dog world; everyone wanted a piece of the pie. Everyone wanted to have their opinion heard.

“Taika… I know…” One man by the name of Clyde spoke up, daring to break the silence. “I mean, last week was just a small slip up. I’m sure the humans will have whatever resolve they’ve found squashed out of them soon enough.”

“Oh really? Taika snarled at him, “I don’t suppose you’ll like to volunteer?”

“If I have to, I won’t object.”

“If you have to…” The ice dragoness repeated slowly, in a mocking tone. Her attention was now on the man in the black suit.

“Well…”

“Since it was your brother’s mistake, I think you should clean this up.”

“This can’t be resolved overnight.” Another man spoke up. Taika knew him as Alan, unsure if that was his real name because of how secretive he was. He was a very powerful man. He might not have looked like he was capable of anything impressive, and on more than one occasion proved he was not always the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was a descendant from a long line of powerful dragons. Some say his dullness was feigned most of the time as a way to mislead his enemies. “Humans, as we are all aware, are like cockroaches. They only seem to get stronger, the more you try to squash them.” There were a few mutters of agreement around the room. Alan looked triumphant.

“But we are greater than they are.” Taika said in reply, sounding just as triumphant as Alan looked. “They are slowly realizing that their world is now ours, no matter how much they fight back. We’ll just cut them down one by one.”

“Are you deaf? The more we cut, the stronger they become. We need to change our strategy…” Alan paused, giving a smirk as he leaned forward. “Or has the death of your mate taught you nothing?”

An unnerving silence fell over the room for the second time. Everyone looked at one another in shock, unable to believe what they had just heard. Alan didn’t like Taika, and that was well-known, but to think he’d bring up her mate’s death… How dare he! Nobody spoke to Taika about her mate’s death

“This meeting is over. We will continue tomorrow.” Taika growled, rising from her chair, fury flickering in her eyes. When the room did not stir, she added, in a roar, “All of you! Get out!” Her lips curled to reveal her teeth, which she wanted to sink into Alan’s neck. It was becoming more and more difficult for her to suppress her dragon nature. The topic of her mate’s death was the one thing she was unable to keep her composure about. She knew it, and knew the others were aware as well; Alan would not have brought it up if it didn’t bother her. Yet no matter how much she tries to let it roll off her shoulders, it still managed to get to her. She was unable to let it all go and just move on. In the back of her mind, she made a mental note to really work on that.

The ice dragoness watched as everyone seemed to rush out of the room at once. Alan had stopped briefly to flash a smile over his shoulder at her, and then left the room, shutting thr door quietly behind him, before she could do anything about it. She was glad, because she would have leapt over the table and followed through with sinking her teeth into that bastard’s neck. When she was alone, she let out a sigh and ran a hand through her platinum hair and sank back against her chair again. She let out a heavy breath and closed her eyes. Her fingers dug into the chair’s arms, and then she took in another breath, and exhaled, to help her relax. Everything said during the meeting was starting to reel through her mind, her thoughts attempting to focus on that, to steer away from her dead mate.

Never in her life had she thought that she would find herself in this predicament. The stress of losing the one person she has ever loved, and the humans trying to regain control, was really beginning to take its toll on her. Normally a very stone cold and seemingly emotionless woman, she felt uncharacteristically restless and even more ill-tempered than she usually was. Tonight had been a perfect example of that. No matter how much she tried to calm herself it was simply impossible. Her short temper really contradicted her species; ice dragons were supposed to be calm, caring, kind. Taika was the exact opposite of calm and kind. She was a firey ice queen who did not give a flying **** about anyone but herself, she had to tell herself over and over. This had to get straightened out and she couldn’t do that if she was unable to control her temper.

The door to the meeting room opened suddenly.

“Miss Taika?” A voice called out to her.

Taika’s icy eyes met the gaze of a terrified human. “What?” Her tone was sharp, causing the human to cower a little more. For a moment the thought occurred to her that the man might have overheard the conversation. Her eyes narrowed, and she looked him over, half tempted to ask him if he had heard anything. But she decided to let it go for a number of reasons. One of them being that she was simply too tired to deal with an eavesdropper, and didn’t want to jump to conclusions. She was paranoid; what if it turned out this man was part of a resistance group?

After a few seconds passed, she pushed a little, “Well?”

“Well, it’s almost time to close for the night. I want to go home for the night.”

Taika arched a brow, “You want to go home?” She inquired. The man remained silent, seemingly afraid to answer her. Her lips formed a thin smile, “You have done a lot today… I suppose I could allow you to go home early.” The man perked up a little and was about to say something, but Taika continued. “I had wanted a few people to work throughout the night…” She looked over her shoulder. The man was looking restless, as if he was trying as hard as he could to keep composed. Humans did not like that they were treated like tools.

The man shifted and opened his mouth to speak. For a moment, there was nothing. It looked as though he was struggling, and then he finally said, “I really should go home for a bit of sleep…” There was exasperation laced in his tone. He had tried to hide it, but Taika had noticed it easily.

“Perhaps,” she replied.

“Please?”

“I want you here early tomorrow morning. Five thirty. Undertsood?”

“Thank you. Have a nice night.” The man left the room.

Taika couldn’t help but chuckle. She had wanted to take her anger out on that man, but he was very valuable to her.

Ten minutes later, she left the office to head to one of the bars downtown. She was to meet a friend there and discuss a few things about the recent events. The humans must not gather strength. This was a problem that was slowly becoming more and more difficult to keep under control. Before long, humans would take out the dragons and regain their society.

The humans might have their resistance groups, but the dragons were one step ahead.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 am 

slinking back in

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

Stryke sat in the dim lit bar, the smell of smoke and alcohol filled the air. His dark blue eyes gazing over the crowds. A drink in his hand the sweat of the ice dripping on the counter. Taika was late, he let out a growl of irritation. Eyes closest to him all veered in his direction all shades of glowing eyes. Stryke merely raised his arms in a shrugged response, a relaxed smile on his million dollar smile. When all eyes went back to their drinks and drinking partners did Stryke ' s smile recede.

A meek human girl danced here and their around the barkeep who was like himself a Dragon. But he reeked of dirt and earth, a earth dragon most likely. Stryke's eyes followed the girl here and there, her dark bouncing locks. Stryke had a thing for humans, at least for the females. Being unmated did that to a creature. The electricity around him flickered, again causing eyes to linger over him. Dammit Taika, hurry up I don't have ask day he thought as he loosened the black tie around his neck that matched his hair.

It had been some time since he had indulged in the pleasure of a human. One due to the fact it was highly looked down. Second should his dear friend Taika found out of such an offense he was sure she would filet him into a drag-icicle. That chilling reminder seemed to
dampen the need that quelled inside of him. Taika was still in a sensitive state, and Stryke couldn't blame her for be. The loss of a mate drove the weaker to their death.

Stryke pushed his free hand back against his dark locks. He was essential the opposite of Taika dark hair, tanned skin, only their eyes were similar. Stryke's were dark and soft and Taika were bright and piercing. They were an odd friendship but nonetheless it was their. Again his eyes ventured over the clock, he was really considering buying her a watch for her birthday. Not a pretty one but something to show her he was annoyed at one time or another.

Stryke chucked to himself as he imagined her face contouring in anger. He smiled and took a sip of his drink.

Elsewhere in the overthrown city...

Shuma rolled to her side, grabbing the blanket with her fist. Sitting up she looked over her shoulder. A blonde man lay beside her, sweat beaded down his face. Clearly panting add he tried to catch his breath. Shuma shook her head causing her dark curls to shake around her face. "Shuma that was.."the blonde paused trying to think of a response. Shuma merely lifted her hand in response. "I know it was wonderful, I gave you what I wanted and I got what I wanted" She said with a sly smile. The blonde chuckled nervously in response a hand going through his messy hair.

Dripping the white sheet at her feet, she grabbed a dress that laid to the side. A uniform for one of the most lucrative and expensive towers in the city. And Shuma had ticket inside finally. She smiled to herself as she felt saturation in finally making a foothold in her plan. She would weaken those Damn monsters from the inside.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:11 am 

Administrator

As soon as Taika had entered the bar, she was greeted with the familiar scent of alcohol and murmur of conversation that was muffled slightly by loud music. It was pretty crowded tonight but that was not uncommon as things were typically busy at this hour. Humans and dragons alike gathered to have a good time. It was not her first choice to meet up with Stryke seeing as she didn’t really like these kinds of environments. She was more for quiet places. This had been his choice, and he had won that argument, but only because he had caught her in one of her apathetic moods. Those seemed to be pretty common these days as much as she hated to admit it. During these times, quiet was favored above anything, she was less likely to even want to come in here. Taika was pretty much forcing herself to tolerate this atmosphere.

While she searched for her comrade, she strode past everyone, including a few people she recognized, eager to get this conversation rolling. She knew she was late and would probably have to make it up to him somehow. That was usually how it was whenever they got together to discuss business. Today, however, she was not in the mood at all and just wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible. That meeting had her pretty worked up. She worked to remove her irritation from her expression before heading over to where Stryke was seated.

Taika pushed her platinum blond hair out of her face as she sat down. When the bartender came her way and asked if she’d like anything, she settled for a tequila sunrise and then turned her attention to Stryke.

“So,” she began, her tone filled with an odd sense of calm. The was sure that every bit of the way she was carrying herself said she was having a rough day but did not care to discuss it much. She couldn’t hide from Stryke, however she did not care to speak about losing her temper because of that butthole, Alan, bringing up her mate’s death. “How has your day been? Better than mine was, I presume?” Not even apologizing for being late, she decided to be casual. From what she remembered, Stryke’s line of work was not as frustrating as hers was. Oh how she hated working in an office, let alone being the head of her division. It really made her want to pull her hair out some days. But she knew better than to complain, their leader was not too keen on complainers and would eliminate her in a heartbeat if he was displeased.

Before she could continue, she was briefly distracted by the bartender bringing her drink to her. She gave it a stir with her straw and took a sip of it. “At least this bar has good drinks,” she commented, a smile appearing on her expression for the first time. Whenever she smiled it usually caused those around her to cower slightly. Taika smiling for any reason other than finding something amusing or satisfying, in a horrid sort of way, was not common. She meant it. She has always enjoyed the drinks here; something about them really seemed to hit the spot. Perhaps due to the fact that the bartender was a dragon and not a human like in most of the bars around the city. But the smile soon faded as she was not here to discuss drinks with a good friend; there were much more important matters to attend to.

For now she would wait it out a little. She was more interested in hearing about Stryke’s day before she vented to him about hers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:34 pm 

slinking back in

Stryke flashed Taika a million dollar smile like always. A swift grasp of her chilled fingers to his lips. A foxish grin on his lips. He watched in silence as she ordered herself drink. That was never a good sign of her day. Although as her words fell from her mouth his grin faded.

"Well in all, it was dribble. If I have to smile at one more self important little hatchling. I'm going to take out his throat. But if I did that I would lose my neck". He said loosening the tie around his neck. "And I quite like where my neck is thank you" rising the Scotch to his lips.

His blue eyes focusing on Taika "But I guess you have had a similar day. And yes I know you don't want to talk about". He paused mid sip as he spared her a glance. "But you are going to tell me, what kind of brother would I be if I acted like that." He said with a grin. "Oh and before I forget I'm buying you watch your lateness" he scolded with a teasing smile.

Yes Taika was his sister, she had been mated to his brother to be more precise his twin. How Stryke missed his own flesh and blood. This is why seeing Taika was so necessary. It was his duty now to be at her side when she would allow no other. Because in some ways it was how they could grieve.

"I've noticed an influx of your patrons at my clubs, some man by the name of Alan. Used my brother's name to get them in. Would you know such a name, dear Taika". Stryke's tone was stiff and slightly annoyed. He had all but snapped a bottle in half at the use of his brothers name. But he had smiled and greeted them. So that later he could pull the rug from under their feet. For now he merely waited to uncover the hatchling he could hope to snap its neck.

Outside the company...
Bright lights glittered the walls and windows of the skyscrapers that decorated the city. But the one Shuma had her eyes on was the biggest of all. Taking a deep breath she walked in the building flashing a badge gaining her access. She kept her eyes down only stopping to let the Dragons pass as they were making their way out for the night.

After flights of stairs and holding her breath as she crept ever closer to her target. She beheld her moment of glory the desk of Taika. A known and powerful dragon, from now on she would know the in's and outs of the creature.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:47 am 

Administrator

As soon as Stryke had mentioned Alan’s name something had sparked within Taika. There was a look in her eyes that she always got whenever he was upset. She felt anger starting to boil, and did everything she could to fight it down and remain calm. The last thing she needed was to lose her temper here. There might have been a few humans around she could use as punching bags, but if word got out she knew she’d be finished. Just as Stryke had said, she liked her head where it was and would rather not have to face the man in charge so to speak. If that happened, it would mean Alan had won and that was something she absolutely could not have, no matter what it took.

“Well,” she began in a calm tone, a tone that was not calm because she had expelled her anger but calm because she was ready to rip someone’s head off. “It just so happens I do know someone by the name of Alan. He works in the same company as I do; he’s a rather shady character if you ask me.” To think that he would sink so low as to use the name of her mate was not something that surprised her. He was always pulling some **** like that, which was why he was kept around, he knew how to cheat and lie and get people worked up. Just like how he had gotten to her tonight at the meeting. She couldn’t help but wonder if his mentioning of her mate was his way of being cocky.

It was always something, wasn’t it? Here she was thinking that he day could not get any worse than it already was. This was beyond frustrating, and was even giving her a headache. She ran a hand through her hair, threw back her drink, and ordered another. The bartender happily obliged. He seemed to have some sort of fear-stricken respect for her, but that was probably because of the murderous look in her eyes.

Taika sipped her drink gingerly, staring at something that was on the wall. Images were flashing though her mind. Each and every one involved Alan being mutilated in horrible, unthinkable ways. “I think it’s about time someone stepped in and put a stop to Alan’s games.” She said in a soft voice, still relatively calm. How long that calmness lasted, however, was a completely different story. Her anger was beginning to boil over the more she thought about this. “He gets away with too much, and has crossed the line one too many times. A lot of people, both our kind and humans, are either afraid of him or think he’s a genius. It makes me sick to my stomach.” Taika having Alan’s blood on her hands would be the most satisfying thing at the moment.

Looking at Stryke out of the corner of her eye, she added, “Don’t you agree?” There was something devious in Taika’s voice, which was quite rare for her. She was not usually the type to agree to revenge. However, this was different. When it came down to her mate, Stryke’s brother, this was something that she was not about to let go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:57 pm 

slinking back in

Stryke had watched her reaction carefully, he knew deep down she was seething. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything, but had she heard from anyone else, somewhere else. There was no telling how she would have reacted. Although he couldn't resist imagining her launching at the mere hatchling. Blonde hair strewn about in wild disarray, piercing eyes that screamed death. He shivered slightly at the scene. A chuckle vibrating through him.

"Pay the hatchling no heed, we'll fix him later" he said confidence dropping from his words as he leaned forward onto the bar. His chin resting into his palm the other gingerly clinking the ice in his drink. As he watched her toss one back scaring the scales off the bartender. He couldn't help but be amused. But Stryke understood her anger, and he would back her up in any way to get back at the hatchling.

Stryke had reminded in silence although a toothy grin stayed in place. "I would agree, sister " he said a teasing tone as he watched her reactions. His need to reassure her, that he would back her no matter what solidified in his features. Placing his drink down he brushed a stray lock behind her ear. "I'll even let you rip out his throat dear" he said leaning in closer to her. His darker eyes watching her in silence. Till he raised back up again his back placed firmly into the chair.

Seems I'm gonna have to hire a girl he thought to himself. He would do this for Taika, for his brother, and for his need to watch that pathetic hatchling grovel on his belly like the snake that he was. He would endure any shame for them, any punishment as long as it meant shedding Alan to bits.

Careful to avoid Taika's gaze Stryke placed a text into play "get it set up". A slight ring dang thought the dark office. Shuma jumped at the ring of her cell, seems she forgotten to turn it off. An informant had text her a dragon none the less she scoffed at the Mahaffey how ready they were to tear each other apart. She smiled as she texted a response "everything is in place." And it was. Taika had placed a man here only hours ago and Shuma had rid him of all life. He now laid lifeless in his bosses chair.

Right now to get all she could she had to play both sides. Kill on each side it was a dirty job but she would do that her family deserved that. She would enjoy making that ****ing squirm.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:07 am 

Administrator

“I think I’ll tear out more than just his throat.” A thin smile formed on Taika’s lips at the thought, with a glint in her eye. “I trust you will make dealing with Alan something both of us will cherish.” It was rare for Taika to get along with others. Aside from her temper, she was also pretty demanding and bossy, having little tolerance for people who could not get things done. She could always count on Stryke to get things done. He has been with her since before she met his brother; it was he who had introduced them, in fact. The two of them were like two sides of the same coin. There was no one in this world she would share the experience of taking care of someone with.

Alan was going to pay for what he had done. She has dreamed of a reason to get rid of him for awhile, and now that she was given a chance she was going to make the most of it.

“What do you say we split him once we get our hands on him?” She added, her grin widening and becoming more devious. “Or should we take turns? I think we need to get the message across as clear as possible.” Many images were flashing through her mind as she downed what remained of her drink. There was a reason that dragons and humans alike were terrified of her. When it came to torture, any human would be able to second it instantly that she was a monster in every sense of the word. She didn’t care about anything but making her victim suffer, and that was exactly what she was going to do to Alan, she was going to make him squirm. Even thinking about it was extremely satisfying.

Taika’s brow furrowed slightly suddenly, “We’ll have to be careful.” She said. She was well aware that the others would not approve of their actions. There were rules that needed to be followed. She was a valued member of the order, and so was Stryke. But she was ready to face whatever difficulties faced them. “Of course, I have faith we will get this all done and over with as quickly as possible, and while being discreet. We should make up a story.” Because of how strict the order was, if they did take the story route, it would need to be a convincing one, they only had one shot to get everything right. Their leader was pretty good at figuring things out. But no matter, she knew they would figure something out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 pm 

slinking back in

Hearing Taika’s words brought a sense of pride and purpose to Stryke. He laughed at her morbid talk. He would make that slimy hatchling rue the day he was born. A small vibrate shook in Stryke’s pocket for now he would ignore it, Taika was more important. At the comment of an even split Stryke laughed “Im surprised you can do that dear. Normally what is your’s” he said enjoying her attitude. She was a sight to behold it was what Stryke had liked about her.

Her brow furrowed darkening her light features, his mood changed instantly. He knew that look that was her ‘I’m serious face’. Jokes aside he listened, he knew she was right. “How elaborate do you want this Taika. So far as, to get him kicked from his seat. That will make it easier to get him out of the limelight. And easier into the shadows, where no one can save him". Stryke gave her a slight sneer showing the white that lingered under his lips. "Does that suit your needs? " He asked before taking another so sip his drink. His eyes watching her intently.

------

Shuma groaned with frustration as she snapped the cell closed. Her scowl pinned at the desk, why hadn't her contact answered? Breathing in a deep breath trying to calm the clawing worries that echoed in her mind. Moving delicately around the silent corpse she decided to use her free time to her advantage. A cabinet open her, a cabinet open their, papers crumpled and thrown without care. Her patience growing thin as the time ticked by and just as she savagely threw a drawer open letting it's contents scatter along the floor.

Shuma looked through the mess tossing things aside here and there. A light click sounded from the pile. Curiosity peaked as she moved ever closer, finally soft black velvet caressed her hands as she came upon the subject of the noise. Her teeth bit into her lip at the slight promise of finding something of value. Gently her hands worked the box open and what laid inside made her gap and smile with giddiness. Taika's prized blue diamonds.

"Finally we can start this game, Taika" she said in a low sing song tone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:29 am 

Administrator

The smile on Taika’s expression widened.

“Dear Stryke, you always know how to please a woman,” she replied In a sultry tone, showing her approval. She then waved over the bartender for a refill of her drink. The bartender held up his hand to signal ‘one moment’, and she frowned. Shaking her head, she then shifted her position on her seat slightly so she was completely facing Stryke. “As long as it means getting rid of him, I will, without question, go with that plan.” Her smile faded slightly, but only for a moment as it returned in the form of a smirk.

Her attention was turned away from Stryke when the bartender finally came and refilled her drink. It seems she was not at the top of his list, and she made a mental note to remind everyone, dragon and human alike, just who was in charge around here. She was already annoyed by how things had gone today and did not need any more things bothering her. Hopefully wit wouldn’t come down to it, but she never knew. The amount of disrespect around her was becoming more and more of an annoyance every day.

But that was something Taika would deal with later. Right now, it was more important that she and Stryke found a way to get Alan out of the picture.

Taika took a sip of her drink, “Now, where were we?” She questioned, looking as though, for a moment, she had forgotten. “Oh, yes, that’s right. Getting rid of Alan.” She smiled again, looking as devious as she always did whenever she would come up with plans. Stryke had given her just the edge she needed to go about what was on her mind, and she wasn’t hesitating showing it. “We should make it look like an accident. Or perhaps a deal gone wrong. I know many who are displeased with the way Alan always seems to get what he wants, without consequence.”

That was highly annoying. The very thought made her even more glad that they were going to be getting rid of him.

“I want to feel his bones crushing beneath my heels…” she said through gritted teeth. “I might even decorate my office with his blood afterward.” Her latter statement was… playful, to describe it in one word. With a chuckle, further showing her playfulness, she added, “What do you think? If we’re going to get him booted I think the people I have in mind would be a great help.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 pm 

slinking back in

Stryke was thoroughly enjoying his sister-in-laws sense of humor. That's right sister-in-law his mood dampening just enough to bring him down. "Have your people call me darling, His know you can't get caught up in this. But me?" His smile widening "is thoroughly expected of me I was the bad hatchling of the two". He spoke teasingly as he finished of another drink.

Rising to his feet, a hand lingering on Taika's shoulder which slid to her back pulling her into a gently embrace. His other hand cupping her neck holding her still against him "Relax and go home we'll shortly have him under your heel." His words had been a soft request but he knew better she would work one way or another. "Even though I know you never listen" his tone teasing add the hand that held the back of her head moved to gently flick her in the nose. He gave her a simple smirk before quickly giving her room.

With a heavy sigh and a lingering look Stryke gave her a wink. "As much as I love planning death and demise I need to make sure your hatchling from your job don't break my club." His hand outstretched to Taika "number please" his for tapping impatiently to rile her up. Things needed to be set up The girl he had hired would be starting there tomorrow. He needed details before anything else was decided. Like what his sister-in-law had planned and with who?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:30 am 

Administrator

Taika’s lips forms a thin smile. She smiled and waved the bartender over again. She asked the man for a pen and a piece of paper, and told him to make it snappy.

She wrote down one name, and one address, then handed the paper to Stryke, “Just ask for a man named ‘Leo’.” She said. Leo was an old friend of hers. That wasn’t his real name, of course, but one of many he uses to avoid the eye of the authorities and a few people who wanted his head. He was not a man without enemies. Then again, few people were these days it would seem. All the more reason to carry out this little plan and crush those who needed reminding where their place was in this world.

Sipping at her drink, she tilted her head and stared at nothing in particular. Her thoughts were transfixed on Alan’s death. That little pest was going to pay. Leo, she knew, would be more than happy to get in on the deal. She also knew he would want a bit of payment, which didn’t really bother her too much. He was a reliable man and knew he would do what was asked of him without hesitation. Hired hands like that were worth every last penny.

Taika stood from her seat and drew herself up to full height, looking Stryke in the eye, “I’ll be seeing you, my dear.” She kissed him lightly on the cheek and left the bar.

The first thing she did when she returned home for the night was take a long, cold shower. Her apartment was one of the most expensive in the city. When someone like her has a lot of money, high-class living was the best way to live. She spoiled herself rotten with the most luxurious furniture and the most comfortable bed she could buy. The same went for her bathroom. An ice dragoness like her liked the cold, but with her set up it was possible to keep it near freezing.

When she finished, Taika dressed in her finest nightgown and stepped out onto the balcony and drank in the night air.

She was trembling. The level of excitement was difficult to describe, but it made her feel alive. That was all that truly mattered to her in the end.