All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:47 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Today was the big day. Batya and her friend have finally saved up enough money to go see the circus, the first time she and her friend had been so excited for something in awhile. When it first rolled into town a few days ago, nobody knew what to expect. Nobody had even wanted anything to do with it at first, and had even tried to get the owner of the circus to leave. It was the first time this town saw anything like it. But, when the first few people had mustered up the desire to go look, word quickly spread, and soon it was the talk of the town. She could feel the excitement in her bones while she thought about it; she was trembling from all of the energy, barely able to contain it. Everywhere she went, she heard people tell stories about their experience after they had entered the large tent.

They spoke of people eating fire, and even people who wore funny clothes. Apparently the latter appealed to younger audiences. There were dancers and magicians, people wearing fancy clothes, lions and bears, and even some mythical beasts! Apparently the man who owned the circus was able to tame savage beasts, and make them do all sorts of tricks, and tonight he planned to bring out one of his prized beasts, according to some of those stories she has heard through the town’s grapevine. That was probably what sealed the deal for her and her friend. They had to see the circus now, come Hell or high water as they say. It was the main reason she wanted to see the circus so badly. Her curiosity was getting the best of her, and the fact that she had to keep quiet about it, as he father did not know, was eating at her.

Before she could go out, there were chores to be done.

Batya quickly pushed the wheelbarrow outside, dumping the filthy manure and hay into the pile that has been accumulating in the garden. Her mother used the manure for fertilizer, so she always made sure to save it. The perks of living on a farm, a lot of things were cheaper, especially in times like these where money was short.

All of her life, she had not known what it was like to have a lot of money. The flowers that her mother grew were one of the small luxuries she had been allowed to enjoy. She would often sell them, but the amount was barely enough to keep food on the table. Her father tended to these stables, and that brought some money in, when people were feeling generous, but even that was barely enough. When she was a kid she had been offered a lot of money for a dragon that she and her friend had found, but turned it down. That friendship had meant more to her than any amount of money would. Well, it had for awhile at least. One day, out of nowhere, her mother and father had handed the dragon over to authorities. As much as it hurt her, she did have some understanding.

Her family was poor, desperate times called for desperate measures, they had to make money any way they could, but that did not shake away the loss of her friend. Some day she still thought of him. She knew her friend did, too. If only she knew what happened to him… Wherever he was, she hoped that he was happy.

“Batya! It’s your turn to clean hooves and groom today. Don’t forget.” A voice called out to her, taking her out of her thoughts.

She looked up to see her father passing by. “I won’t, dad!” Her response didn’t seem to please him. Her tendency to become lost in her thinking, which was pretty common, was starting to show. Working in the stables was not only hard work but boring, she had to keep entertained somehow; having many things on her mind was her way of keeping motivated. It wasn’t always ideal, and her father was one of those people who did not like her going off into her own world, he has always found it to cause her to become slightly disorganized, but it did work for her.

“I mean it. You’ve been doing your chores half-assed this lately…”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry… I’ll get it done, no funny business.”

“And I don’t want you disappearing in the middle of your chores either. We’re busy today. There are about three new horses coming in. And, we’ve even managed to sell a few so I want those stalls cleaned out as well.”

“I know, I know.” Batya repeated, rolling her eyes. “You don’t need to tell me twice, I’ll get it done…” She was twenty years old and still taking **** from her father. It annoyed her whenever he got into one of these moods. That eye roll would have usually earned her a slap across the face. Her father must have been too tired. He did have that look in his eye. Or in a hurry; he did seem like he was in a hurry, probably because of how busy this place was today.

It was just her luck that out of all the days for the stables to be this busy, it had to be this day specifically that was the busiest. Normally, she could just slack off. There were plenty of things around that she could get away cutting-corners as long as she didn’t make it too obvious. Unfortunately, even though he was just as busy as everyone else, her father was watching her like a hawk. Every now and then, she’d catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of her eye, or he’d manage to find something for her to do that would keep her in his sights. For the past few days, she has tried, and would often succeed, sneaking away from her chores around home to head into town. Her father had caught on the day after she had done it the first time, not surprisingly.

Batya rushed around the stables, trying to get everything done as quickly as possible. Every task thrown at her was done in haste. Despite her promise to not half-ass, she had done it anyway, though she had not forgotten about the horses’ hooves, before she slipped into town to go meet her friend. She hoped that her friend was not too mad at her for being late.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:20 am 

I'm Back in Black...No games this time Y'all!

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Iden had awakened early that morning, the buzz around town was this new Circus that had taken up residence in a large pasture just outside of the Towns limits. He rushed through breakfast horking down a large slice of ham and bread, and hastily packing a few slices of the salted meat, cheese, and freshly baked bread thanks to his mother, then he was out the door. No one had been awake, not his father, nor his mother, but that was a good thing, because then he wouldn't get asked to do chores, nor what he was doing, or where he was going. For God's sake he was 21 years old, and was still treated like a child, but that was probably more out of concern and Iden's tendencies to get into large amounts of trouble.

It hadn't taken him long to saddle Duke, his black coated Clydesdale, who doubled as his plow horse, and ride towards town where he was meant to meet Batya, but she wouldn't be there for another couple hours or so, with her chores and all, so instead he had rode toward the circus.

As he neared the area, the sun was just barely peaking on the horizon and the pasture was already bustling with noise of strange beasts, laughter, and the smell of grits, eggs, and ham cooking. Iden stayed within the shadows of the small stretch of forest line to keep out of sight as he watched the strange people, some of them were dressed in vibrant colors, ridiculous hats, shoes, and anything really, there had even been a man who wore horse shoes for bracelets! Sliding off of Duke's back he gave the horse a soft pat and chuckled.

"This place is, amazing..." His bright blue eyes took in the morning routines of the lion tamer, warming up the large predatory cats, and rewarding with slabs of meat, then the horse riders standing on their hands as the horses galloped in a circle, then looking up to the Clydesdale he shook his head, "You think we could do that?" his only reply was a snort and a disgruntled nicker as Duke began to become antsy. Iden frowned at the horse's demeanor and looked toward the circus to see if anyone was approaching...but he saw no one. The only thing new was that there was a large cage being pulled by a team of grey skinned beasts with long noses and sharp white fangs, the cage was covered with a large fabric, but from within it shook violently, and growls, like no beast he had ever heard came from within and echoed in the clearing. Biting his lip he climbed atop Duke and turned away from the scene, rushing into town.

That growl, he had heard something like that, maybe not as deep and grown, but, it reminded him of someone that was very dear to him, a long time ago him and Batya had found a young Drake, sure he had been the size of a horse when they had found him, but the dragon was young. They had befriended the beast, and then...Batya's parents turned him over to the authorities, which was also how Iden got thrown into the stocks for the first time as punishment for using his sling at the guards attempting to corral the Dragon at the time...That was also when he had heard that growl... Despite it being such a sad memory, it did bring a smile to his face that shown brightly as he trotted into town atop his horse.

He was spacing out, thinking and in deep thought looking down at the cobblestone streets and remembering his childhood, that dragon and his friend Batya... where was she anyway? Blinking he looked up and found himself stopped at the watering troughs outside the town's stables, he shook his head giving Duke a pat as the horse drank, and slide from his back, eyes still searching for his friend.

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams
"Why is a Raven like a writing Desk?" -Madd Hatter

Does not the Raven Sing?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:31 am 

Administrator

Batya dreamed for the day she’d be forever free of the responsibility of being a stable girl. It was so time consuming, and she has never liked it much. All of the other kids had a normal childhood, allowed to laugh and play, but never her. Thank whatever higher power was out there her friend was patient with her. Without him, she knew her life would just be a chaotic mess, she would never truly know what it was like to take a break, relax, and just have fun, like all young people should. In her mind, she was far too young to do so much back breaking work. She wanted to enjoy her youth while she still had it, but on the other hand her father was right. She had to earn a living somehow, and she might as well start young. Nothing in this world was for free.

When she finally sneaked out of the stables to meet with Iden, she knew better than to take a horse. Her father would be immediately suspicious if he noticed one of the horses was missing. It was a pain, but the man was just doing his job at the end of the day. It would be the end of him if he let horses go missing without his knowing.

The meeting spot was the stables that were on the other side of town. Quickly, she moved through a few alley ways, a specific route that the two of them had picked, in case something like this would happen, hoping Iden would still be there. The spot they had chosen was likewise convenient as well. They always seemed to think alike, which worked to their advantage quite a bit. She had to slip by a few people she knew from the stables, who were aware she should still be working. While leaving… she kind of, sort of didn’t tell her father. She wasn’t finished with her chores, she was fully aware he’d not approve of her leaving just like that. But she could not help it. The circus was not going to stay here forever, this was her only chance. This once in a life time opportunity was not going to slip through her fingers.

Batya broke out into a run once she was in the clear. By the time she got to where she was to meet Iden, she was a little out of breath. “Sorry I’m late.” She said, slowing down to a jog and eventually coming to a halt about a foot in front of her friend and his horse. She reached out and gave Duke a pat on the side of his neck. Then, looking to Iden, gave an apologetic grin, “The usual held me up…” She had to look like a complete mess, to top it all off. She hadn’t bothered to clean up and smelled like dirt, hay, and horse ****. Before they got there she was going to need to stop by the river to at least clean off the smudge (which, or so she hoped, was hopefully just a smudge of dirt) on her face and hands.

“Alright.” Batya smiled widely, and reached into her pocket. As she had promised, it was her half of the entry fee. “The show should be starting soon. Let’s get going before our parents decide to come looking for us.” It felt odd to say those words; they made her feel like she was ten again. But she was right. Sooner or later, they would be busted. She was dreading that, the thought was constantly on the mind. However, despite her worry, in the end it, should they get caught, it was better to be busted while having fun than before the fun even begins.

At least they would have accomplished something and have no regrets.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:22 pm 

Supporter (1)

Iden hadn't been paying attention when Batya had come into view, he hadn't hear her say anything until Duke responded to her slight pat upon his neck and snorted. Shaking his unruly head of hair and looking down he smirked, "Hey there!, Nah it's okay really, I got to see a glimpse of what were're about to see, Man Batty it's AMAZING!" His boyish glee shown brightly in those big blue eyes as he held his hand down for his friend, his hands were rough and calloused from constantly working the plows and doing most of the hunting for his family to provide them with the necessities.

But, instead of her hand she held out her half of the fee, giving her a sideways smirk he gripped her wrist and hauled her up behind him, "Never mind that, you can hold onto it till we get there, yeah?" Looking back at Batya he lightly pulled on Duke's reins and chuckled. "Hey Batty, you smell like horse ****," ducking his head just in case the girl tried to take a swipe at him he didn't give her a moment more before laughing and spurring Duke into a gallop. He knew she wouldn't fall off, by now she should be used to the way Duke moved and besides, she had been right, the quicker they left the area the better their chances were at getting away with it.

After leaving town he pulling into the small ring of woods that surrounded the circus, where he had been previously that morning, and stopped at the fresh creek there. "Why don't you wash up, we can tie Duke up here, it's only on the other side of these here trees, we can walk...I mean unless your Pa has finally worked you to the bone?" Iden really couldn't help but tease his friend, he never meant to hurt her when he did, and if he saw that it bothered her, he was quick to stop his actions and apologize to her.

He could remember when they were a little younger, one day he had surprised her by jumping down from the rafters in her Father's barn and scared her to the point she fell into a fresh pile of manure, she was so angry, the he saw tears in her eyes, which was almost never, Batya was a tough girl, but she was young at that. He had quickly apologized however, and offered himself for her to throw **** at him....She had...Got in every facial orifice there was...He smelled manure and tasted it for weeks!

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:07 am 

Administrator

When the comment about her smelling like horse **** was made, Batya just rolled her eyes and shook her head. She might have taken a swing but she might have also fallen off the horse if she had done that. They were friends, and friends cracked jokes here and there. She had thick skin. When she was younger, she had actually been a lot softer. Working in the stables, and putting up with her father, had helped in that regard, making her the woman, well, young woman, she was now. If she couldn’t take a hit or two every now and then, she might as well not even be here right now. She could just sit at home with her mother, a boring thought if she had to say so herself. She’d rather shovel horse **** all day than be at home knitting or cleaning with nothing better to do.

Batya slid off the large horse’s back as soon as they reached the creek and smiled a little at Iden. “You want me to clean up? But I thought you liked the smell of horse ****.” She said with a wink, wiggling her fingers close to Iden’s face for a few seconds before backing away “Others might not, though, and it makes me stick out like a sore thumb.” There was a long pause, just to tease, as if she was coming up with what to say next. “That said, I think it might be in my best interest to clean up, yeah? I promise I won’t take long. Once I finish up, walking sounds like a good idea. I don’t mind walking, actually, though if I get tired you might have to carry me” Batya then proceeded to head down towards the water before her friend could say anything back to her in regards to that.

Her dip in the water was pretty much her simply letting the water run over her hands, and a splash of water to her face. It felt cool to the touch, which was nice. She has always liked the feeling of running water flow through her hands. For awhile, when it was her job to fetch water from the well, she had hated the sight of water. Seeing it so free like this seemed to awaken something lost within her every time. Just like this little adventure to see the circus was. The thrill of seeing something new was what she lived for. She might be young, but she and Iden had done a lot in their lives, for people their age. That was something she would not trade for the world.

As promised, she finished up quickly.

“Let’s go!” She shouted, already heading toward the tent. After they were a few feet away, she dug into her pocket, keeping the money tight in her fist. Having something in her hand helped keep her from bouncing off the walls, it was just a thing of hers. Even from where they were, it was a magnificent sight. It seemed even more so now that she was so close to everything. She could only imagine what awaited them. Smaller acts were outside, keeping the growing crowd, which seemed to double with every passing minute, entertained before the main event. She weaved through the crowd carefully, taking a peek at an act here and there. It was really becoming more and mor edifficult for Batya to not exhaust her excitement; there was just so much stuff here. It was almost too much to take in, certainly all at once.

Looking around, she realized she almost lost Iden in the crowd. She quickly caught up with him and said, “This is amazing! I can’t wait to see the main event!”

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:42 pm 

Supporter (1)

Iden was watching the many acts strewn about the grounds when Batya had come bounding up, he hadn't seen her smile this much in a long time.

"Yeah it is pretty amazing huh?" his own hand patting his pockets as he walked just to put his mind at ease that the money in them were still there and very real. "Are you ready to see the inside? I wanna get good seats..." Giving her a crooked and excited smile he led the way to the tents huge entrance where a man wearing red and white striped pants, a soft looking patched black jacket, and a tall hat, stood. He was a rather tall man, the hat making him appear even more so as he greeted his customers giving him money in exchange for a ticket. When the two approached he could have sworn he heard the man give a "tsk" sound , but it was soon covered by a yellowing, crooked smile and a small bow. And when he spoke his breath smelled like garlic and manure.

"How may I help you?" the man's overly large dark brown eyes surveyed them, taking in every inch of what they were wearing, before meeting both of their gazes, his smile turned a little more away from the welcoming side to a disgusted smirk, "Do you wish to see my lovely show? You are aware of...The fee..." And with a bony long fingered hand he spread his palm out before the two as if expecting them to turn away distraught, but instead was met with a grunt and a jingling of Iden's pockets as he dumped his share into the man's hand. The look on the Ring Master's face was priceless as he looked to the coins and turned his snake like gaze to Batya, "And you Miss?"

Iden initially didn't like the man, he was greasy looking, clean, but...greasy, the air around the man screamed "BAD!" and he hadn't liked the way the man looked at Batya with those large dark eyes. So, ever so slightly he nodded to Batya, "She has her share, we just want to see the show...Heard you had something really BIG going on here," that got his attention, he turned to look at Iden with his hand still stretched towards the girl and smiled.

"Why yes! My main attraction is coming out this night! You two are very lucky indeed. And where is my manners?! Welcome to my Circus!" He suddenly spread his long spindly arms wide, and chuckled. The man's laugh had Iden's teeth clenching.

More Info | +

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 am 

Administrator

There was something about the ring master that made Batya shrink back a little. She wasn’t someone who showed uneasiness openly, but, like her friend, she got the sense that this man seemed a little shady. Something was off about the way he looked at them, and his smile was almost condescending. Anyone who would look at their customers like that had to have something up their sleeve. He reminded her of the one man who tried to buy some horses off her father a few years ago, a year after she and Iden had their friend taken away now that she thought of it. She didn’t like it, but didn’t swell on it too much. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her share of the fee slowly and paid the man. She was already committed to seeing this show through to the end and was not going to miss it for the world.

She didn’t say anything, and in fact had simply planned to head inside with Iden without a word, until the guy welcomed them to his show.

“Thank you, sir! I’m sure it will be quite the show, one we won’t ever forget!” Batya said enthusiastically, giving the ring master a smile just to be nice before heading inside with Iden. She was more than ready to go inside, and agreed that they absolutely needed to get good seats. The early bird gets the worm as they say, and there were so many people here. If they ended up with crappy seating it would ruin the whole show. She walked along side Iden, with a little bounce in her step, trying hard to contain herself. Fortunately, the two lucked out and managed to find seats in a middle row, overlooking the main part of the arena. It wasn’t as close as she had hoped to be, but with so many people, and many having to sit in the back, she had no complaints.

She could hardly sit still, her impatience winning her over. She turned to Iden sitting next to her and said, “Hey, what do you think the big event for tonight is anyway?” It was still a few minutes until the show began, they might as well make conversation. Would the main acts be a lot like the smaller acts outside, she wondered to herself. The bits and pieces of conversation she picked up while they were waiting to head inside told of wild animals and horses. It was the same things she has heard since the circus rolled in. “That man… he seemed kind of slimy, wouldn’t you agree. I know I really didn’t like him at all… did you see the way he looked at me? That had total creep written all over it. I can’t help but wonder what kind of act someone like that would put on.”

Batya paused for a moment and let out a slow exhale, her lips forming a thin line while she thought. “I wonder if they’ll have something crazy, like a juggling troll!” She chuckled at the thought.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:17 pm 

Supporter (1)

Iden's skin crawled as he felt those large dark eyes follow them into the Tent, and the feeling didn't subside until they were sitting in their seats and out of the Ring Master's sight. He had been spacing out in thought once more about the cart he had seen covered in a tarp, when Batya had turned and asked, he pursed his lips slightly before turning his blue eyes to her.

"Well, when I was here earlier this morning there was a cart, a rather large one, being towed into the clearing by a team of grey skinned beasts with long noses and long sharp fangs!." He smiled and motioned with his hands as he spoke excitedly about the scene, "I mean the whole thing was covered, but whatever is in there was shaking the entire thing and roaring too!"

When the conversation turned to that of the Ring Master, he looked back to the center of the tent. "Yeah...He may be one I wouldn't want to run into on a dark night in an alley with..." But she did have a point, although the circus was an amazing sight...How did it function underneath the make up and costumes? He began to space out once more until Batya made the statement and his lips broke into a wide grin, " Yeah, or maybe a mermaid..."

More Info | +

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 am 

Administrator

“A rather large cart you say? Animals with grey skin and long noses?” Instead of voicing being upset about Iden being there early without her, Batya just listened. She really wished she could have been there to see that. His excitement rubbed off on her, which was fine considering she was still pretty excited for this, creepy ring master aside, and could not wait to see everything here. It was so busy inside the tent that it was kind of hard to not be so excited. Naturally, something being covered had Batya the most curious out of everything here. She could not for the life of her take her mind off of it for even a minute, desperately wanting to know what was inside. What could be in there? If it was strong enough to shake the whole thing, she imagined it had to be something incredible, large, or maybe something small.

Something small could easily be that strong. This world was filled with odd things; there could very well be small creatures capable of being that intimidating.

A mermaid? The word took her out of her thoughts. “It could be a mermaid. Honestly, I kind of hope it is. I’ve always wanted to see a mermaid.” She nodded, smiling, thinking back to the shady ring master. He seemed like the kind of person who could get his hands on whatever he wanted. A mermaid was possible, but on second thought she wasn’t really sure. Wouldn’t a mermaid need water? Maybe what was underneath the covering was a huge tank? Either way, she meant what she said. She did really want to see a mermaid. It would be incredible, as they were supposed to be extremely rare and quite elusive as well. She had heard stories of people hunting them for their tears. How many people could actually say that they have seen a mermaid in their life time? Maybe she and Iden would walk home with some mermaid tears.

Soon, the ring master stood in the middle of everything and announced the first act would begin shortly. Batya leaned forward in her seat as the ring master gave his welcoming speech. “Welcome, one and all, to the greatest show your eyes will ever bear witness.” He had that same creepy smile while he gestured with his hands, speaking briefly about how this circus came to be. Overall, the story seemed pretty shady just like the rest of him. He explained that he had always liked shows, and wanted one to call his own, forming the circus when someone had given him this once in a life time chance. She had gotten the feeling he told the same thing so many times it just became dull for him. His voice lacked enthusiasm, but was still at least mildly chipper. “Now, let the show begin!” Like magic, he snapped his fingers and was gone.

After that, a few horses wearing funny saddles and fancy reins galloped out into the ring, along with some people doing acrobatic stunts. Batya was hooked instantly.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:34 am 

Supporter (1)

"They were huge!" Iden watched the horses with wide eyed wonder and finally looked to Batya, "You really think it may be a troll? They're awfully clumsy to be juggling..." he cracked a smile and then was back looking at another act who had entered the arena. It was two men, their faces painted and a small dog, it's face also painted and wearing a small jacket as it chased one of the men, as that one chased the other with a pale of water...It really wasn't that funny until the small dog jumped up suddenly and latched itself onto the man's hind quarters carrying the bucket.

Iden burst out into laughter and looked to Batya.

A few more acts came on, men and women soaring through the air on ropes, dancers, and acrobats doing tricks upon those large grey skinned beasts. It seemed like hours when suddenly the light mirrors were shaded casting the tent in a soft darkness, sunlight pouring in through small worn pinholes, were the only other indication that it was still daylight, and a single beam shown in the middle of the tent. It was there that the ring master stood, in his full top hat glory, crooked yellow smile and all. His dark eyes took in his audience like a cat looking at a room full of mice. His eyes hungry as if he was feeding off of the excitement his show had built up. Then finally he spoke, in that dark, raspy and cackle like tone...

"Ladies!and Gentlemen! May I present the main even for the Evening! A mystical creature! Fierce! A true nightmare come to life and I bring him to YOU!" His arms spread wide as a side curtain lifted and the large covered cart was brought in, the whole thing shook savagely as a dark rumbling growl emitted from beneath the cover. The ringmaster slowly approached, the way he approached it, there was only a slight hesitance, as though he was nervous or frightened himself of what lay underneath. Within his hand he held a whip, but it didn't look like a normal horse whip, instead it's edges shown in the dim ring of light, reflecting...Iden had heard about whips like these...They were used on wild Boars, and to keep alligators away, they were lined sharpened mythril strands that would cut and sting through the thickest of hides.

It seemed the closer the ring master got, the more the cage shook, and the louder the growling became until it was a rumbling hiss that rolled through the audience. The hairs on his arms stood on end as Iden leaned forward in his seat.

More Info | +

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:10 pm 

Administrator

Batya was on the edge of her seat the entire time.

Her eyes danced around the ring just as much as the performers had. There was so much to see, it was so amazing. Some of the acts were a little corny but that didn’t mean they weren’t entertaining. She was having a great time, that was all that mattered, and she could tell Iden was as well. When this was over, she knew she was going to be scolded by her father but she didn’t care. The thought was hardly on her mind. This had been so worth it, she was glad that she and Iden could scrape the money together for this. And who knows? Maybe her father would be curious about it and ask her questions if she was lucky. That man was difficult to say the least.

When the ring master came out and announced the arrival of his main attraction, suddenly Batya didn’t feel so energetic. There was a feeling of uneasiness beginning to settle in her stomach. She figured it might just be the ring master’s presence, but then again maybe not.

The roar that filled the tent had caused silence to fall over the audience. Something about the roar seemed familiar, but she couldn’t place a finger on it. Whispers were barely audible; people were wondering just what could be under that cover. Batya’s gaze remained fixated upon the ring master and the cage, ignoring everything around her. A chill crawled up her spine and lingered until she visibly shook it away. She, liked Iden, had leaned forward, her curiosity becoming more and more unbearable. Why was the roar familiar? She had to know… she had to see. Part of her wanted to shout out, but she managed to hold that back. There wasn’t anything she could do even if she did voice her impatience. It was probably what the ring master wanted anyway.

Then, just as she was about to give in anyway, the ring master cracked his whip and, with a cruel smile, shouted, “Ladies and gentleman, behold the most terrifying creature in the world!” He snapped his fingers and the cover was removed from the cage, revealing a large, grey dragon with a malicious look in its eyes. It let out a terrifying roar as a few clowns worked on getting the door to the cage open. She sank back in her seat a little, heart pounding as she got a look at the beast. It had spines all the way down its back, large bat-like wings, and long, sharp claws that looked like they would do a hell of a lot of damage. It was hard to say for sure, but she was positive that its fangs had been removed or at least filed down so the ring master would not be hurt.

As soon as the dragon was free, it tried to lunge at the ring master, but was unable to get close because of the chains that bound it. It was then that Batya saw the mark on its chest.

“No…” Batya rose from her seat to get a better view. A lot of people were either standing or too frightened to move from their spot. There was no mistaking it. The dragon had an old scar on its chest; the scales were duller and stood out more. This… this was the same dragon she and Iden had found years ago. She turned to look at Iden. “The scar on that dragon… please tell me I’m not seeing things.”

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 pm 

Supporter (1)

But Iden was already up and rolling up his sleeves, he intended on marching right up to that ring master.

He had seen the scar, he knew that scar all too well, that was the very same dragon they had found when Batya and he had been small children, they had found the dragon with a deep wound, he himself didn't know what it was from, but it's mother was no where in sight and there had been several knights in and out of the area at the time, they had guess that the young drake had been taken from his mother, and injured in the process, then cast aside when they saw it injured and assumed it would die alone in the wilderness, but they had been wrong. He and Batty had found the poor thing curled up and near death, and with their combined knowledge, had nursed it to health, and had treated him as their equal.

And now, the Dragon they had so loved was here, in the hands of a cruel ring master, his teeth either gone or filed down to naught, and chained, one could see the scars on his hide just by looking at the askew scales that had grown over the Ringmaster's cruelty. And had a few of the strong men from one of the acts not seen him marching, he would have made it to the Ring man. But, they had and instantly he found both of his arms in vice like grips that he knew would cause bruising later. He was a strong young man himself, always working in the fields, plowing and hunting, but he was definitely no match for the two muscle bound oxes who whisked him outside and threw him onto the dirt.

"Don't know what you're thinking kid, but whatever it was, it was stupid," one grunted as he shook his head and chuckled. Iden bounced back up and charged towards the tent, but he soon found himself back in the dirt with a sharp kick to the ribs, "Dammit boy! I said stay down!" Both men laughed and turned leaving the heaving boy outside of the circus.

More Info | +

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:10 am 

Administrator

It was needless to say that Batya was horrified by what she saw. How could that evil man do this to any creature? She barely recognized her old friend; to think that such a sweetheart had been turned into a monster made her sick to her stomach. She felt a rage building within her. Part of her wanted to march down there as well, but knew better. She went pale as she noticed Iden was having such thoughts as well. Her mouth opened to say something, to warn him not to do anything reckless, and to wait for he but he was already down there before she could reach him. Why was her friend always so reckless? She didn’t blame him for doing this but she also didn’t want to get into trouble.

She quickly ran outside when Iden was thrown out. The sound of the whip cracking sent a chill through her, but she dared not turn around.

When she reached Iden, she said, “I can’t believe it… All of these years, I’d hoped he was well… and now…” unable to find anything better to say at the moment. Batya was both in shock and disgusted by what she had just seen. Her face was still pale, her hands shaking a little, and felt like she was going to throw up. Tear began to form in the corners of her eyes. In the tent, she had tried hard to ignore them, being someone who did not cry very often or very easily for that matter, but seeing their old friend had sent her over the edge. “We… we should do something. We have to get him out of there… Yes, tonight! We should try to get him out tonight.”

Batya thought about the words the moment they left her mouth. She must have sounded absolutely crazy to want to head back in there, especially since there was no telling if their old friend would recognize them, it was suicide to just march up to a dragon. Dragons were very dangerous creatures. That was what she and Iden were told when the guards came and took their friend away all those years ago. Of course, she never really believed it until now. She was use to seeing dragons as loyal and kind, like a dog. Yes, their friend had been a lot like a cuddly dog, minus the fur. Wild dragons on the other hand, were not so friendly. One would have to be out of their mind to even think about approaching one.

And on the note of dangerous creatures, she was sure that the ring master had more than just a dragon at his disposal…