All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Not As It Seems
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:30 am 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

For this RP, I have no specific vision! I'm simply interested in playing with this idea of a character. I like detail, so bear in mind my posts may become outrageous in length. Any character species is welcome, though I prefer male against Lily. I would rather RP one on one, but if you feel the need to bring in more people, I may be able to be swayed.

Here's the idea, as well as what would be her entrance post, with room to tweak it for whoever I write with:

Name: Named herself Lily as it is her favorite flower and no one stuck around long enough to name her when she was born

Age: 18 she thinks, though she doesn't know her real birthday

Genetic quirk: Anything that comes into direct contact with her skin dies

Height: 5'6"

Weight: Thin, 120 lbs, very slight

Appearance: Image
(is always covered from head to toe as an added precaution)

Eighteen years. Eighteen long years of the same routine. It was for those eighteen years that Lily had remained in the personal care of scientists, being poked and prodded with stainless steel instruments. For those years, she was kept like an animal on a remote island, away from the world, as she was considered a danger to it.

She knew little of the outside world; only what she'd read about in books. Lily'd been told that it was her fault her parent's had died, as had the doctors that had taken care of her. No one had known what to do with her, so they called the government. Of course, they'd arrived with their unmarked vans, men in suits carrying suitcases had piled out, all wearing assorted protective gear as they assessed the problem. Unable to find a problem there, they picked her up with padded tongs, placing her in a basket and carrying her out of the hospital, to be strapped to a gurney and brought to an off-continent location.

There, off the coast, she was placed in a facility, and immediately tested on. They took blood sample after blood sample. Skin layer after skin layer. Many men died in the process of testing what they deemed cures. It would take three years of her life to determine that it was only through direct contact with her skin that someone would die. No other aspect of her body created such an adverse affect to another living thing.

In the next five years, they tested her potency on a number of different living things. The feelings each of these experiments had on her broke her down, bit by bit. She didn't want to touch anything, and it became more of a struggle every day to make her comply with their tests. Gloved hands would grip her small arms to the point of bruising, forcing her small hands to reach forward toward the specimens they brought in. Each time, the result was the same, and she'd burst out crying, only to be tranquilized and dropped off in her room. She never did understand why she couldn't be out when they made her touch things. Maybe for the psychological affects it would have, making an entire case study out of her, instead of making it about her body only.

It only got worse as the years passed. It got to the point that she'd hardened herself against the pain, unable to take the feelings that it had every time she reached out and touched an animal, or plant. To her, it was her parents...the doctors...the innocent people she'd been told she killed. Every animal that posed a new hope for her, "Maybe I won't kill this one!", died as did all the ones before it. She no longer hoped for a cure. She accepted her fate.

By fifteen, she was a morbid girl, a lonely girl. Lily craved nothing more than human interaction, more than what she received from the people prodding her and herding her into rooms so they could approach her island enclosure without dying. There were no longer daily tests. Instead, it was a maybe blood drawn here or there, maybe another antidote tested out on another animal, bred in captivity of course so PETA would never know. The only interaction she got was with the occasional attendant sent to clean out her room, which was brief. Or, when the scientists would come in to talk to her about more tests. It was nothing like she wanted.

By eighteen, she'd given up all hope whatsoever. She didn't dare hope as all of it had been expended and never bore fruit. She'd gotten her hopes up far too many times to want to do it again. So, instead, she spent her time wandering the island with the camera they allowed her to have, taking pictures of flowers and the wildlife. Lily would never touch them, not unless with a gloved hand. She didn't want to kill off the only beauty she'd come to know in life, beauty outside of her books.

Her books were the only thing she could base what any interactions in the real world off of. She'd dream of one day reaching the main land, and having a romance like the ones she'd read about in books. Lily knew it was impossible, but she couldn't help her dreams. The books made life seem all the more bearable, like she could live vicariously through them. Even if her fate was bleak, all the books she would allow herself to read had a happy ending and it was the only kind she liked.

This is how her days would go: Reading, wandering, reading, sleep. Day in and day out, she would follow this routine to the letter...

...Until the storm...

It had been warned that a hurricane was going to be over her island, posing the threat of no electricity. Lily hadn't thought anything of it as they'd always talked about this happening eventually, though she'd always lucked out. Her island always seemed to be bypassed or it wouldn't be strong enough when it reached her to do any real damage.

This one was different. While still five miles off the coast, the power was already flickering. Winds ripped through the island, churning the sands and ripping up the flowers that Lily had photographed many a time. If not for those photos, no one would have any inkling of their prior existence there. Trees blocked the roads, uprooted and broken. And when the storm broke upon the shore...all power was out.

Lily had been in her room at the time, reading one of her favorite books, Dr. Franklin's Island, a book about two girls turned genetic freaks, and then turned back after their struggles. It was the only book she could stand of that nature as it was too close to her situation, but since it had a happy ending, she could read it. In the middle of a page, the power flickered on final time, and then went out, the locks on her door clicking open. Her eyes fought to adjust to the lack of light in the room, but it was hard. Peering up into the corners of her room, she didn't see the red blinking light of the cameras anymore.

I'm...I'm not under surveillance... she thought timidly to herself. If ever there was a chance to make it to the real world...it was now. But do I dare? Lily wondered. They'd never let her go unless they cured her, and that could take years. She wasn't guaranteed to get off the island otherwise, unless in a casket, a thought that crossed her mind about fifty times a day. Taking a deep breath, she released it, telling herself that by the end of it, her mind would be made up. It's now or never...

Lily decided to take that chance. Pulling on a trench coat, wrapping a heavy scarf around her head, only her eyes visible, and then wriggling her fingers back into her gloves, she cautiously opened her door. Her movements were slow at first, and then became more and more harried, before making a break for it, running out the exit to her outer enclosure. Rain pelted her hard in the face as leaves whirled around her. Lightning struck down repeatedly as thunder roared. Waves crashed up on the shore, higher than usual. Her hand raised to block the rain from her eyes as she scanned the dark shore line for the entrance her attendants used.

Bingo... she thought excitedly as her eyes laid on the metal hinged gate. Running up to it, tripping several times, she fumbled with the door, finally managing to pull it open against the gale-force winds. Running onto the shore, she searched desperately for a boat, any boat, the boat they used to venture out to her every day. A smile filled her eyes as she spotted it, a mile up the beach crashing along the dock with every wave.

There's still time to go back... she cautioned herself, pausing her run. But...I may not get another chance like this, so if I don't go now, how will I know if what exists in my books is real? she wondered. Shaking her head, she threw caution to the wind and ran pell-mell at the boat, hopping into it as it hit the dock, breaking through it. Haphazardly untying it, she fell over to the floor, and had to crawl her way to the wheel, turning the boat on.

Suddenly, looking over her shoulder as she tried to steer the boat away from shore, she saw the flurry of men running after her, yelling for her to come back. She refused, and pushed the boat as hard as it would go to the mainland, to society, to people.

Fast forward to the morning after her heroic escape, and her boat had crashed onto shore in the middle of the night, having hit some rocks off the coast and been carried in by the massive waves. Her body was unceremoniously thrown from the boat and laid out on the beach, wet and cold and unconscious, until the screaming voice of a woman somewhere near her woke her up.

...The hell? she thought groggily. Her head hurt, well everything hurt, and she had no idea where she'd ended up. Yet when she opened her eyes, and didn't see the inside of her enclosure, her body shot upright, panicking as she realized people would be coming to her aid, aid they wouldn't be able to give. Getting up, and then falling back down to her knees as a head rush made her lose balance, she tried to assure them she was fine. Trying to convince them of this fact while keeping them from touching her was another matter entirely. She may be covered from head to toe right now, but they'd want to examine her and make sure she was as all right as she said she was. If they did that...they'd die the moment they touched her skin, and that was something she wasn't willing to have happen.

She pushed through the crowd and ran for all she was worth, running for cover wherever she could find it. Running through the trashed streets, she passed broken houses, fallen trees, down power lines and overturned cars. Ducking into an alley way, she took shelter under some stairs, obscured from view by a few trash bags as she tried to catch her breath.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: It's Not As It Seems
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

may i take in on this and partake in the long journey i'll make a char now if u wish

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:58 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Name: Kevin renaldolph
genetic quirk: he ain’t anything too special as far as the eye can see. But behind the scenes he can change into a wolf
height: 6’4 ft
weight: 174 ilbs he is on the broader basketball player build. But he is also semi- thin
Appearance:

(will have more later if ur willing to have me that is)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 am 

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.

I'm more than willing to write with you, Ristina! Your character looks great!! ^^ Just let me know when you're ready, and we can get this ball rolling!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:05 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

righty well im a move this to a one on one in alpha xD btw it is moved now :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Kevin renaldolph lived , as some would call it the difficult life. His parents were how does one say it-divorced in a way. His mother lived in some upstate town in London, while his dad took care of him in the northern beach area of California. His father was a rich man. That wasn’t much of a surprise since his mother was also rich. As a child he always got everything he wanted from books, games, television, and girls. From the age of 5 though he knew something was off about him. He heard things that no one else could. From the tiniest sound of a whisper that was two rooms away, to stereo’s in cars that were half a mile away. He asked questions that his father would vaguely answer.

When he was 7 his dad put him on a soccer team. During one of the games he got into a dispute over being kicked. Turns out by the end of the dispute the other kids nose was broke, kneecap shattered, and arm dislocated. This should have been nearly impossible for any kid to do at his age. Yet somehow he managed it. Soon kids around town were calling him "freak." And "what you must have super powers." The name-calling , and admiration never stopped.

Though it was when he was 12 that he realized what he was. Why he was the way he was. His mother only dropped into town every 6 months. When he started telling his mother of the things that were happening, she would just shrug it off like it was nothing. His father on the other hand kept telling him that it’s completely natural. He’s growing. But on the night of his 12th birthday, which was a full moon, his world slowly changed for the worst.

When the moon was at the highest peak, and the silver light shined through the glass window he felt changed in his body. He began to grow a muzzle, furry ears , tail, paws, and his body completely changed into a wolf’s. He was in a human sleeping position where his paws were sticking straight up. At first he thought it was a dream. But again, and again the transformation would keep happenings. Every night he would turn into a wolf. He thought of it as rather a curse than a gift. He never spoke a word to his parents about this. Afraid that they would send him to a psychiatrist, and a councilor. That would be his worst nightmare.

It wasn’t until he was fourteen that his secret was almost shown to the whole school. He got into a dispute over a girl, and he felt himself begin to change. In fear he ran from the school, and took the i.s.s for ditching. He tried hard to keep continuing on with life like he wasn’t different. But the change seemed to happen more and more.

When he was 16 his father sat him down at the table, and finally explained what was going. That he was born into an ancient werewolf pack. That his father and mother were head of the pack. Or alpha’s in his case. His father taught him how to control the power. Soon after he began to love the change. Even if as his father said he must never be caught changing in public. They would shoot him, or hunt him down. For their pack was hiding from human, and other creatures as he called it. So he settled on changing only at night and running along the beach, and through forests. Rarely would he ever travel into the city.

Now….

Kevin had heard about the hurricanes that hit an island off the coast of California shore. He also heard there were no survivors. That peaked his interest. There was no way an entire island was decimated. Something sounds fishy to him. "Dad I think I am going to take a run on the shore later to see if anyone popped up." He shoveled a spoon full of resse cereal into his mouth. Waiting for his father’s words.

"Son I think that is great. Just don’t get seen by any of the locals. Take the stroll at night."

Kevin waited till the moon rose high in the sky before his stroll. Quickly he changed into his beautifully black pelt wolf form and trotted towards the sea. Water crashed against a golden ground. While tall rocks piled along the shore. He glanced around awaiting for any life to hit the beach.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm 

Owner

It had been warned that a hurricane was going to be over her island, posing the threat of no electricity. Lily hadn't thought anything of it as they'd always talked about this happening eventually, though she'd always lucked out. Her island always seemed to be bypassed or it wouldn't be strong enough when it reached her to do any real damage.

This one was different. While still five miles off the coast, the power was already flickering. Winds ripped through the island, churning the sands and ripping up the flowers that Lily had photographed many a time. If not for those photos, no one would have any inkling of their prior existence there. Trees blocked the roads, uprooted and broken. And when the storm broke upon the shore...all power was out.

Lily had been in her room at the time, reading one of her favorite books, Dr. Franklin's Island, a book about two girls turned genetic freaks, and then turned back after their struggles. It was the only book she could stand of that nature as it was too close to her situation, but since it had a happy ending, she could read it. In the middle of a page, the power flickered on final time, and then went out, the locks on her door clicking open. Her eyes fought to adjust to the lack of light in the room, but it was hard. Peering up into the corners of her room, she didn't see the red blinking light of the cameras anymore.

I'm...I'm not under surveillance... she thought timidly to herself. If ever there was a chance to make it to the real world...it was now. But do I dare? Lily wondered. They'd never let her go unless they cured her, and that could take years. She wasn't guaranteed to get off the island otherwise, unless in a casket, a thought that crossed her mind about fifty times a day. Taking a deep breath, she released it, telling herself that by the end of it, her mind would be made up. It's now or never...

Lily decided to take that chance. Pulling on a trench coat, wrapping a heavy scarf around her head, only her eyes visible, and then wriggling her fingers back into her gloves, she cautiously opened her door. Her movements were slow at first, and then became more and more harried, before making a break for it, running out the exit to her outer enclosure. Rain pelted her hard in the face as leaves whirled around her. Lightning struck down repeatedly as thunder roared. Waves crashed up on the shore, higher than usual. Her hand raised to block the rain from her eyes as she scanned the dark shore line for the entrance her attendants used.

Bingo... she thought excitedly as her eyes laid on the metal hinged gate. Running up to it, tripping several times, she fumbled with the door, finally managing to pull it open against the gale-force winds. Running onto the shore, she searched desperately for a boat, any boat, the boat they used to venture out to her every day. A smile filled her eyes as she spotted it, a mile up the beach crashing along the dock with every wave.

There's still time to go back... she cautioned herself, pausing her run. But...I may not get another chance like this, so if I don't go now, how will I know if what exists in my books is real? she wondered. Shaking her head, she threw caution to the wind and ran pell-mell at the boat, hopping into it as it hit the dock, breaking through it. Haphazardly untying it, she fell over to the floor, and had to crawl her way to the wheel, turning the boat on.

Suddenly, looking over her shoulder as she tried to steer the boat away from shore, she saw the flurry of men running after her, yelling for her to come back. She refused, and pushed the boat as hard as it would go to the mainland, to society, to people.

The waves picked up, pounding her small boat from every side. Gripping the wheel, she tried to keep it on a straight course, but couldn't seem to keep her sense of direction. She wasn't sure which way land even was, and the waves through off what little sense of direction she had.

As she tried to get her bearings, she looked off in the distance and her eyes widened in fear. A large wave, larger than those she'd seen breaching against her hull, was heading right for her. Her grip turned more vice-like, knuckles turning white as the wave grew closer. It was then that she really regretted her decision to leave, but couldn't turn back now...She didn't even know where back was.

Rising up over her, the wave stood thirty feet tall, dwarfing her small vessel in its wake. Crashing down on her, the boat broke apart, scattering debris throughout the wave along with her body. Choking on water, she broke the surface, snatching up a piece of the fiberglass boat, following the waves, praying that they brought her to shore.

Losing track of time, no longer even watching where she was going as the salt burned her eyes, she finally felt something hit her knee. Her eyes opened widely in surprise, and looked down to see the moon's light shining off the water, and catching the rocks below. I'm...I'm... Her mind was too tired and excited to finish the thought as Lily crawled to shore, immediately falling onto the beach, panting for all she was worth. Her eyes remained closed, too tired to care about anything else except relaxing and breathing. Her lungs felt like they were on fire, and her muscles felt like jello.

As long as no one sees me...I'm fine... she thought exhaustedly, drifting off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Kevin’s amber wolf eyes finally caught a glint of a boat crashing against rocks. His wolf heart beat twice inside his chest. A survivor? An actual survivor. He sat on his paws with his tail wagging excitedly. Surly the person wouldn’t want to see a wolf when they woke up. But there was no way he would chance the person still being awake. It was a secret and had to be kept that way. The ground underneath his paws was soft, and grainy just as sand should be.

He padded along the beach closer to the ship. Sniffling the scent of a female. His nostrils flared a little and he felt a mournful howl escape his muzzle. It was an instinct and he wasn’t sure why. He couldn’t see the owner of the ship, but knew she had to be around the ship somewhere. His eyes scanned the perimeter-searching through the rocks and looking for a shadow of something remotely human. It was then that he caught the slightest movement in the water. The shadow shaped into a human shadow. He knew this must have been the owner of the boat. But the shadow was real close to the water, and it was nearly impossible for a wolf to swim through the murky water between the rocks. There had to be another way. A wolf just couldn’t fit between the rocks.

But could he make it on top the rocks. He quickly trotted towards the rocks. Heading farther west down the beach where the rockiest part of the beach was. He pounced on top of the smallest rock. Just narrowly sliding off. The worst of the storm had passed but still the water was freighting at this time. Waves lapsed over the rocks, and he almost lost balance on the same rock three times. He whimpered wondering why he had to be the hero. Was it cause he was tired of being pushed around? Who really knew. But he had to help this girl even if she was already dead. Her death would need to be known to someone right?

He breather again contemplating on if he could make the jump to the bigger rock that was about five paw lengths away. Just one mistake and he would be crashing against the sea bed, and be drifting off to sea like a helpless kitten. He whimpered a little at the thought. There was no way he was going to give up. He arched his back a little and flexed his paws much like a cat. This time he leaped from the rock extending his black paws towards the next rock. He narrowly missed the rock by an inch , and felt his paws scrape at the rock as his worst fear came alive.

His head bashed against the rock and he felt the blood drip down his muzzle. The light of the moon was a blur, and a painful growl escaped his lips as he desperately kicked at the water to keep himself afloat. It was then that he got a flash of silver hair against the water. The girl. She was floating her back facing him. If only he had the strength to reach her. Desperately he felt his paws kick forward as his head pounded in pain. He tasted blood on his tongue, and fought against the current even harder. It felt like hours before he felt a wave swish him up, and carry him towards the girl.

Big black paws swiftly pushed the girl towards shore. He waited till his muzzle was close enough to bite her t shirt, and drag her towards the beach. At this point in time he wasn’t even sure which way was shore. He just let the current take them from the rocky area. Making sure to keep his jaw clenched on her clothing. The blood must of dripped from his head, past his jaw, and onto her shirt because he was seeing red dots on her clothing.

He tried hard not to let the world go black around him. Eventually the two of them had washed up onto the beach. He felt the familiar sand underneath his paws. He was sprawled out in a position that no wolf should ever be in. But sighed. The pain at this point was a dull numbing in his head that wouldn’t go away. He released his hold on the girl and let his muzzle relax. He took note that she was breathing. Most likely injured by the crash, and passed out in pain. But none the less OK. He rested his muzzle on the girl’s shoulder and tried to wrap his body around her so she would be warm. However, it was very painful for him to do so. In the process he lost his sight, and everything just went black. When the world came back however he had managed to cover most her body with his fur.