All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

There has been restructuring of the staff. First off let us welcome our new Admin Prodigal Sorcerer. He and I go way back and he has agreed to assist us on here with his experience as an admin and graphic designer.

Also Deathstar has proven herself more the capable of being a moderator and as such is now officially part of the moderation staff.

Ristina and Goblin have been promoted to Global Moderators for their dedication to the site!

So congrats to them and lets all continue working toward a great future together.

:cheers:

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:35 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Grats people! Nice to have more help on the staff. Keep up the good work!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:56 pm 

Location: In a large forest that you can only find if you already know where it is.
Medals: 2

Nice job! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:25 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

thank you ^^ -tackles, glomps, and hugs everyone- ^^<3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:54 am 

slinking back in

3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

congratz everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 am 

Owner

As I like to add new features to try and make this place better. I have installed a new mod that will allow members to click on a forum and then scroll over the topics and read a small excerpt of the first post in those topics. Its a small addition but I think it would be fun and help those of us who want to check something out quickly before moving on to the next topic.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

righty ty ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:16 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

oh my that is awesome <3 XD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm 

slinking back in

3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

Hot dog were on fire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 pm 

Owner

Zavyr Darkeyes is now helping DeathStar with our Creative Freedom World and so is now a moderator there. He is rather imaginative so we can expect to see that world moving and going again very soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 am 

Owner

Respecting Staff and other members:

Respect is a big deal here on Creative Freedom. As we follow the policy of respecting and treating one another as adults, regardless of their age. Sure we have a good time and have our laughs, but when a member asks you to stop what you are doing in chat or otherwise, then being respectful of one another the request should be taken seriously. If you feel you were wronged or offended, then you are more then welcomed to contact the staff and by staff I mean:

Mentors
Moderators
Global Moderators
Administrators

In this order. (If other staff is available an Admin should be last one contacted)

While I know that I am the owner of the site that does not mean that only I have to be listened to. If another staff member instructs you or another member to correct a disrupting behavior then they should be respected as if they were me. I should not have to be pulled back onto the site to handle anything at all when there are other staff members on and available.

The Staff is there in place to allow for instant and immediate assistance to members who are in need and to make sure that there is a state of "peace". Being staff is not a rewarding position, and comes with more responsibility and restraint than any may really realize. It is a unpaid and often thankless job that is done to insure that all of the other members have good time.

I am not the only staff person on the site. There are 4 groups of staff on here comprised of minimum of 3 members each.

Mentors can approve new members post, can edit posts if needed. They can not move or delete posts, but they know the site inside and out. They know the rules and they are there to instruct and guide all members, not just new members. The main job of a mentor is to INSTRUCT those who are new to roleplaying, showing them how to roleplay. Being disrespectful or ignoring them is no more tolerated than if such behavior was done to another staff member.

Moderators can delete and move posts for you, they also know the site inside and out and are there to help all members as well. They can and will issue warnings to those who are in violation of the rules, three warnings result in an automatic ban. Can block, boot and ban people from Chat.

Global Moderators do everything a moderator can, but with the power to Ban offending or disruptive members who refuse to listen. Can block, boot and ban people from Chat.

While we do not like banning here, we will ban if we have to. We would rather be able to talk and discuss issues like an adult then have to resort to out right punishment. Verbal warnings are to be taken seriously and respected. We understand tempers get high and people can have off days. So when asked to leave chat or to leave an rp, do so. Take the time to cool off and then come back when you are more in control. Stepping away is not defeat or signally guilt, its just two adults taking the time to get themselves under control.

Bare in mind, that the bans would be temporary. The time increasing based on the actions and behaviors of members upon returning from their "vacation".

Administrators can do everything and can also change the forum. They have power in our Chat to boot and ban members who are being rude or disrespectful to other members. They log in as Red when active in their admin powers. That does not mean that one should ignore them until they are red, or because they are not me. They are Admins because they have shown the most dedication to the site and are deserving of the title as Admin.

This is the internet, we are an Internet community and much like any community there will be those that do not get along with others. The chat has a block feature to prevent you from seeing anything they say, and even the forum has a Foe feature which does the same thing.

Respect one another. If a problem between a member can not be solved privately then contact a member of Staff. Peer Mediation is also part of the Staff's job and they are there to be a neutral third party. Use the staff, that is what they are there for.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:14 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

well said and congratz to those that are mentors :3 <3 just wanted to make a shout out to the new group :3 -support- XD :) <3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:40 pm 

Owner

Post was edited to include the full scope of each groups abilities and tasks.

Please read to ensure that you are up to date on what each group can do.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 am 

Owner

Finally the chat guys have manged to make it possible for me to add Moderators and Global Moderators to chat, so that they can properly moderate and keep control of the chat without an Admin having to be on. Given the fact that I often have to come and go through out the day, as well as the other admins having odd schedules this ensures that if there is an issue is can be handled at the moment it is happening and not later when an admin can get around to it.

They still have their same ranks and such on the forum, but now in chat they can do what anyone else with a red name can do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 am 

Owner

Given how last night created an upset of sorts I have amended the rules to reflect in TEXT what had been a rule for sometime. Honestly, I had felt that people would just listen when a staff member told them to do something, but seeing as how that turned out to be difficult or some, the rules have been amended accordingly.

There is now a nice boldly labeled section regarding the chat and its function. It is the hope of myself and the staff that this should temper any further issues regarding just what is and what is not allowed in chat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 am 

Location: In a large forest that you can only find if you already know where it is.
Medals: 2

Is it the chat moderation one? Just want to make sure I know the rules, even though I think I do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am 

Owner

That is part of the rules for the chat yes, more like the general procedures that people can expect.

But in the board rules and regulations thread Section 2 it says Chat specific rules.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 am 

Owner

Our Persistent World should be done tomorrow. Working on it now to get it launched and ready to go for people.

Clearing out dead accounts to keep the sever space clear and low, this might cause some hiccups through the day. Keep this in mind.

We have gotten a lot of new people and there are a lot of active rps happening, it is a pleasure to see this site to continue to grow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:03 pm 

Owner

The updates are going well. This is taking a bit longer than previously projected, only because the tech people are doing a complete and total overhaul of the site and all of our current mods, as well as adding in new ones.

This should all be done within two weeks. At that time the site world will be up and going so everyone can jump on that and have fun.

Thank you once again for everyone who helped to make this possible. Thank you, to all of the loyal members who have continued to stick with us through everything and continued to have faith in CF and what we are. I can say there has never been a place like this and there will never be another place like this because we are unique and we are a family that will continue to prosper and outlast the other sites who don't have the loyalty that we have!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Just as a general update:

We're looking to get new staff members among our ranks! Some of you may have noticed how we've been dwindling in numbers, slowly but surely. We're looking for those who feel they'd be qualified for various positions, from Mentor to Global Moderator. Posts with position descriptions will be coming along shortly (once I'm done my "Infamous" binger) and those who feel they qualify can start applying.

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next