All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:37 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Tasia waited on one side of Yarl as he worked on their bridge. She could hear the pitter patter of trolgers and the thudding of morks. She rotated her wrist spinning her sword in circles anticipating the arrival of enemies. She could hear them getting closer. Meanwhile the enemy on the other side was emerging and growing defensive. The sky above them went grey as the clouds blanketed the lands. Tasia took a deep breath. As the jungle went silent and all that could be heard was Yarl's chopping. Tasia knew it was about to begin.

All in a flash they were swarmed with morks, trolgers, and gin. Tasia swung as quickly as she could and gave it everything she had. "Please chop quickly, Yarl." She yelled. She charged a gin and just as they met she dropped to the ground. Sliding under it, she sliced it open from chest to groin. As she stood up a mork quickly knocked her down with his spear and snatched the breath right out of her. She struggled to her feet and continued to fight.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:03 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Yarl did as he asked, but the size of the tree was enormous. Having been growing for thousands of years, it would take hours to chop completely through it. He figured he should get to work immediately, before to long the entire forest had gone quiet. He knew this was a bad sign the calm before the storm. Before too long it seemed like the entire animal population had poured forth from the forest. Yarl had to be quick, the only way to be quick was to shove a granade in the tree. So Yarl did just that he yelled "Grenade in the tree." before running to cover.

-------

Ingirun hadn't left Yarls side just like old times her back to his. Soon animals had ran forth from everywhere. A Mork had thrown it's spear at Yarl only for Ingrirun to block it with her shield. The spear sunk into the shield she used her axes to brake off the spear handle. Only to hear Yarl yell about a grenade in a tree and ran off after him when he ran to cover.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:53 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Fenharel snarled at the oncoming beasts, looking like an animal himself. He had never set foot on the eerie island before, and everything about the creatures here seemed unnatural. A mork charged at him, spear brandished, and he heard a gin rushing at him from behind. He steadied his breath, waited for the right moment, then did a flip in the air as the Mork tried to stab him with its spear. With a slight knudge from his foot, he redirected the spear towards the gin rushing him from behind, and it embedded itself into its eye as he vaulted over its buckling body. He then backflipped onto the mork and tried to slice its throat, but it bucked and threw him roughly on the ground.

Ellaria was surrounded by a whilrling dance of spears, tusks, and claws, fending them off with her blades as the creatures closed in onto her. They sensed her growing tired under their onslaught, and just as she felt she would be unable to fend off any more of their attacks, she threw a smoke bomb down onto the ground, losing herself in the tendrils of it as she snuck away. A loud boom sounded out as a second bomb she had left went up in bits of flaming shrapnel, leaving most of the creatures that had surrounded her dead or severely injured.

Fenharel rolled limply on the ground, trying to break his fall but not entirely succeeding. The edges of his vision clouded up as his stray hand brushed a bit of the river water unintentionally. He barely noticed as he struggled to get up, feeling sluggish and relaxed by a jarringly beautiful song he almost felt he was imagining hearing. His sore body wanted him to look for it, and he pushed himself closer to the edge of the water, looking into its depths...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Tasia was out of breath and as she tried to catch her breath the onslaught kept coming. The beings had a masterful, murderous strut and they were devastatingly outnumbered. As her own blood poured from her mouth from the injuries she had sustained she fought to catch her breath. In doing so, she noticed Fenharel was close to the river. Tasia observed the moment for a moment and realized he had become mesmerized. Tasia looked around and realized that he had fallen victim to a song that she would not be able to hear. "Damn it" She gasped. Tasia drug herself to him as the battle raged on around them. She tugged on him and tapped his face. "Snap out of it. Hey?! Fen. Can you hear me?" Tasia huffed, And proceeded to slap him harder than she previously had, "I told you not to listen to their songs now get up." She tugged him upward.

Tasia's injuries were beginning to slow her down. She had taken many significant blows and her side was cut deeply. Her clothing was saturated with her blood as well as the enemies. She was out of breath and she was growing weak. "Let's hurry to the other side." She made her way back to where Yarl and Inirun were waiting by the makeshift bridge.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:37 pm 

New!

Jin Nezumi was running as fast as he could, hands bound behind his back. He had a rope gag in his mouth and his eyes were wild with a mix of rage and fear. Adrenaline pumped through his body as he forced himself faster through the trees, dodging over fallen logs and between low hanging branches. He'd think to himself, "I knew it! I knew I shouldn't have taken this blasted job! Of all the unlucky, no good, garbage instances to end up in this has to take the crystal encrusted snake. To think the deal would've gone this south though...." He'd look around to see if his pursuers were still on his tail, hearing a large commotion in the distance. "And heaven knows whatever is going on over there..." He'd blink as a thought came into his mind, "But... the noise would be good to hide my steps.... and maybe it could be better than this..." He'd adjust his steps, rushing headlong into the sounds of the fray, "If I ever make it off of this heavens-blasted island I swear I may even start a proper job.... nah, no point in going crazy."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:25 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Fenharel blinked as he heard a voice calling out to him. But no... there were multiple voices calling out to him. Most were calm, promising to soothe his pain if he joined them, and his body was so sore that he didn't see the point in refusing. But there was another voice, harsher and just as loud despite sounding oddly muffled. It wasn't like the others, and it made him doubt himself as he pushed his hand deeper into the water. His skin felt rejuvenated for a moment before he was tugged upwards and away from the water. He struggled for a bit before finally tearing his eyes away and looking up at Tasia.

"I... think I'm okay. That was... I kind of just want to sleep..." he trailed off, walking clumsily behind Tasia. Ellaria put his arm around her shoulder and helped him join the others. He was having trouble remembering what he was doing in this strange place.

Ellaria slapped a poultice onto the side of Fenharel's head, hoping that medicine for hallucinations would help clear his mind a little. In his state, he didn't look like he could be a lot of help.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:34 am 

If you're looking for me...I'm not here

Dendora stood beneath the trees of Upterra watching the leaves sway against the wind, he had been thinking about the recent events, and what his next action should be. He figured it would all blow over, with all of the warriors going over to fight, they wouldn't need an extra hand...would they? Then the thought hit him, the trees burning, setting the foliage below ablaze. His home being lost, and he realized that he must fight against this new menace, and prevent this from happening, but he needed a way over to Oosdorf. He needed to find a ship.

"Why should we define someone as being good or evil, the sides change depending on where you stand, neutrality is the only path that remains the same." -Me

"The pessimist looks down and loses his head,
The optimist looks up and loses his footing,
The realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly" -King Ezekial, The Walking Dead