All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:15 pm 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

[ OOC Thread ]

The Institute was little more than a warehouse and the Director's home at the moment. Funds were low. While it wasn't really in their mission statement to be out for a profit, the Director had begun playing with the idea of doing straight up treasure hunt so they could make money out of it and renovate their storage facility into a proper museum.

Oboro was standing in the Director's office, before the large oaken desk stacked with books and sheafs of paper that completely obscured the Director's figure.

"We don't want to just auction off valuable pieces of history," the Director said. "But if you were to find... a cache of rupees in a vault somewhere, well... it would be helpful."

"I'll keep an eye out," Oboro grunted gruffly. "You have a location of interest you want to check out?"

"Hold up on that," the Director said. "I wanted to consult with the rest of our team... such as it is... perhaps we should try for another recruitment drive first."

"It'd help if we had more of a reward to offer people..." said Oboro.

The Director just side. Oboro shuffled over and peeked out the door, waiting for the rest of the team to arrive.

Last edited by Dawn ✭ Quixotic on Thu May 12, 2016 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:53 pm 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The elven researcher of ancient languages had just finished another closed door research about the Hyrulean Tribe Inscriptions, as he saw the message from the Director. The date was - today.
Ares frowned slightly, but decided to go check it out, so he would not miss a chance of a new discovery.
His clothes, cloak and long hair was kept neat and tidy, even though his stomach made obvious rumbling noises - it was not known how many days ago he had eaten something.

Outside, the elf blinked a little to get used to the bright sun, before he travelled towards the office.

Producing a dry bitter root to quench his hunger, he chewed it before he elegantly appeared and passed by the doorkeeper, just nodding slightly, and then gracefully sitting down on something that looked like a half stable stack of books.

Looking around, the 'doorkeeper' looked slightly familiar...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:22 am 

"Ah, is that Ares Zenith that just came in? Glad you could make it."

Oboro turned to him and grunted. "I think it's just going to be us today. But at least our current goals won't require to much in the way of complexity. We just need to find a way to get some moolah."

The hulking goron slung a pack off his shoulder and rummaged through it, pulling out a dusty and wore parchment map. "There's a few old mine sites around Death Mountain," he said, looking at the map. "I'm sure we could scrape up something around there."

He turned to Ares and said. "What do you think? Feel like trekking around a volcano?"

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:34 pm 

~ So the doorkeeper was actually him! ~
Zenith thought, then raised a brow at the words following, looking unconvinced. "Mines? Arent those the most unreliable sources of remains of old metals and mining materials? Usually already plundered by robbers and frequented by monsters?" he humphed and glanced in turns at the director and the goron, waiting for further explanation.
His own firepower was dependant on ressources, and he rather not waste it for nothing.
Being poor was one thing, but being poor and wasting ressources...?
After being silent fo a little while, he dryly remarked.
"Our firepower seems a little lacking as well."

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

While the fairy wasn't entirely sure that this was the right place to head off to, he figured that it was as good as place as any. If this wasn't the Institute that he had been looking for, then it might very well have been the beginning of an entirely different adventure for him. He would have liked that in either case.

For now he figured that the other inhabitants would have merely ignored him. To them, he probably did look like little more than an insect. Eventually, though, he found himself inside. Much to his surprise it looked like this really was the Institute. Somehow he had expected somewhere that was a bit larger and more dignified, but this place seemed to be the best when it came to saving resources since it didn't take up more than it needed to.

As a member of his species, that was something that he could really appreciate.

"Hey, is there any chance that I can get an audience with the director?" He wasn't sure who it was, so that was better than making a false assumption he figured.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:48 am 

"I'm over here," called the voice from behind the stacks. "Please introduce yourself, I don't believe I've heard your voice before."

Oboro excuses himself. "You can chat about whatever you want to the Director. I'm going to go get the cart ready. I'm presuming nobody else is going to come along today, so we might as well set out as soon as we can."

He squeezes himself through the doorway and disappears.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:40 am 

Zenith frowned, a little displeased over the sudden 'come and go' policy in the institute.
Then he did the same, nodding to the director again. He needed to catch up on precious sleep time!

"W..wait!" neither Oboro nor Zenith seemed to hear the director calling after them.

"I am sorry about that" his voice sounded weak now.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 pm 

Eventually Glitch indeed had made his way into view, though he was still rather small by comparison. Regardless, he was quite visible for the time being. Looking around softly, he followed the other individual with his eyes for a time. Did it seem like someone was leaving here? Well, regardless, it was best to introduce himself for the time being rather than simply flitter around as though he were an insect. "I am a faerie historian. I trust I will be treated with respect here."

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:32 am 

"Oboro just stepped outside to get things ready for the trip. Though I have no idea where our other friend has gotten off to... In any case, while they're about their own business, I'd love to chat with you. We can take all the help we can get around here, but I still feel a lot can be gained by conducting an... interview of sorts."

The stacks of books on the Director's desk shuffle slightly. "Tell me... my friend, what is your name, and what kind of history do you specialize in?"

----------

Meanwhile, Oboro was in the stable, rummaging around for supplies and loading them into the wagon. Most of their proper indoor space was needed to house sensitive artifacts, so all the tools and sundries were located out here, along with the stall that housed the institute's yak, Honda.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:30 pm 

Considering that someone was leaving just as he was arriving, the faerie found everything going on to be quite strange. He supposed, however, that he shouldn't have expected anything less unusual. This was the land of large-sized people. Well, at least they were by his standards. Their customs were certainly unusual compared to what he himself had become accustomed to. "I am Glitch, and I have a specialty in museum conservation of items." He figured that it would have been best to be quite straightforward, since he wasn't used to conducting business in the way that other species usually carried it out. Though many had come to mistrust his people over time, Glitch was quite a trustworthy individual himself indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:52 pm 

"Hmmm... I see. Well, our museum could certainly use some work," said the Director. "Right now it's just the... well, even calling it a warehouse would be generous. We're trying to keep the conditions as good as possible for preservation, to keep down on light and dust and weather, but it's been some real work. Oboro's been working almost nonstop... thankfully he's half a bee, so he doesn't seem to have many complaints about that."

Oboro steps back into the room, looking around. "Hey, where the other guy?"
"He, uh, left," says the Director.
Oboro shrugs. "Oh well. Guess we won't be leaving today, then? Who's up for a drink?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:46 pm 

"Well, I supoose that I would be much in the same boat seeing as how I can flitter around from place to place every bit as easily and do work in that manner." The faerie's rather high-pitched and seemingly quiet voice, an aspect of his demeanor, made it somewhat difficult to swallow for many people. While he was indeed sincere, it had almost sounded comical. He would have hoped, really, that she wasn't going to mention that. After all, he didn't think of himself in that manner. Glitch was a serious conservator in spite of everything. "Was this the most important task that you were up against at the moment, or was there something more serious to deal with?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:53 am 

Going back to his own little researchroom, Zenith did not bother to clean up various tools and scripture rolls. He cleared his bedding from books, and shook it once, before he just dropped down and slept like a log for at least twelve hours.

Waking up, he felt way more refreshed then yesterday. His mind worked better now, and he vaguely remembered a meeting yesterday. ~It might not be very lucrative, but maybe I should check it out.~ the elf decided. Staying in his slowly molding room was not really good for him.
With a decisive action, he took his always prepared toolbag and stepped out into the light of the morning sun.
He was still hungry though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:19 am 

"It's nothing quite so important. We can handle it bit by bit, as we work along. Right now, we just need more in the lines of funding, and possibly a few additional books to pad out our library... and actual artifacts to feature," the Director said, responding to Glitch's query.

"I suppose there's not much else for today, but if you want to come by tomorrow, we can make plans on how we want the museum to progress."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:42 am 

Admittedly, Glitch couldn't have stood to see the scrolls just sitting around like that should he have accompanied the other individual. Even if that wasn't scripture and instead contained someone's shopping list from centuries ago, he would have still wanted to conserve it as best as he could have. It was therefore a good thing he was able to stay over here instead.

"I can come by...though..." Well, Glitch never finished his statement and instead left. He figured they didn't need funding. They needed good old-fashioned hard work. A museum would fund itself in his mind should it have been given a chance to. Of course he could have helped when it came to bringing in the extra artifacts that she needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:58 pm 

Slightly rubbing his tummy, the elf frowned. Bitter roots would not do today.
Luckily he knew that this time he would be early enough for the canteen food.

The facilitie's "canteen" was nothing more than a run down pub, that opened in the mornings as well for the students and sometimes Professors. Having no choice but to die of starvation or go there, Zenith sighed and moved on.
There was a grumpy lady at the corner - paying no attention to the customers.
As the elf silently put some money on the table and took some food, she lazily perked up - only to totally change her annoyed expression to a fawning one.
"Ah! Zenith!" she started, but he did not spare her even a cold glance. He knew if he did so, there would be no end to her chatter...
Sighing he sat in the darkest corner, trying to eat his meal in peace.
"Maybe I should go to the expedition, after all."he murmured.