All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hunter heard the sirens indicating something was wrong. He wasn't sure what was going on but he put his helmet on as he climbed into his Viper Mk-VII-X. The flight crew loaded him into a launch tube as he heard the captain of the ship, his home, ordered all Vipers launched. After a rapid-fire system startup and check, he signaled he was ready. A few moments later, he was kicked backward into his seat as he felt himself be launched. It was a rush for him as he loved flying.

"Aquarius to Black Flight," The flight control officer said as he came out of the launch tube as looped up over the top of the Aquarius, "We've come under attack by Cylons. Its up to you to hold them off until we are ready to escape. Do whatever you can to keep them back."

"Black Lead copys," The lead Viper's pilot said, "Hit them hard, Black Flight!"

The two walls of fighters, one of Viper-Mk-VIIs, one of Cylon Raiders (
| +
), merged as a massive furball broke out a ways away from the Aquarius. Hunter was in the thickest part of it as he twisted through the engagement. He managed to get seven kills in the initial stages of the fight but it was easy to see there was just too damn many to hold off. Reversing his direction, he saw four Vipers get obliterated by almost twice as many Raiders. This wasn't good at all, they were dropping like flies. This kept up, none of the Vipers would be around to protect anything.

"Black 23 to Aquarius, its hell out here." He called over his communications array, "Please tell me you are ready to get the frick out of here."

________

@Asterous, @SneakyBeaky1, Time to dance, boys. Lets get this rolling.

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hanging out in the medical ward, Axel could hear the orders being barked out to prepare for an attack. Previously having been leaning against a shelving unit stocked with various supplies and such, the cylon straightened and prepared the area. It wasn't often that he did any actual medical procedures seeing as how most of the other cylons were mechanical, but the few others like himself often required treatment. He was skilled in fixing minor mechanic problems, but for the most part left that to the engineers. 

He didn't expect to actually see any of the action, not being a pilot himself, and the odds of the basestar being invaded were slim. Axel could hear explosions and knew that many of the cylons he had seen not even an hour earlier would no longer exist. The idea of fighting the humans didn't appeal to him, it was illogical. No one had given him a good reason for this war, just that they had to eradicate mankind. That wasn't enough for him though, so instead of piloting he was tucked out of the way in the med bays where he wouldn't cause a problem. He had already come under suspicion of being a traitor for the way he acted, but there was no evidence to prove this, yet.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:41 am 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Viktor was in his lab tinkering as usual, after some time he heard about the engagement the Aquarius was having with the Cylons. A call came into the lab, it was a request for him to develop a weapon to aid in the combat against the Cylons. "We need the R&D to develop a weapon to give the Vipers an advantage against the sheer numbers of Raiders, we need you to do it as fast as possible." Viktor just gave a quick ok and hung up. Prior to this, he was tinkering with electric energy weapons instead of kinetic energy weapons or lasers. The raiders, being biomechanical, are most likely to be taken down by pure electricity. He already came up with a prototype he calls "Space Taser", the way it works is that it fires a stream of charged electrons through a vaccum to strike and disable any craft. It doesn't work on very large crafts however. Viktor laughed a bit because of the stupid name he gave it. "It is almost finished, now I just need my team to help me finish it." He gathered his colleagues to aid him in completing the final version of his weapon.

"All I need is for it to be able to lock on to any target and quickly disable it, the weapon is a prototype is is almost complete." He said with a straight forward attitude. His colleagues quickly got to finishing the weapon. Once it is finished, making more won't be a problem with the resources onboard the Aquarius.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:22 am 

The fight had gone from bad to worse. Some sort of Cyber attack had taken out every Viper but his. He'd punched out of the furball, running at max thrust along the hull of the Cylon basestar with almost three dozen Raiders chasing him. He took out what he could but all he could really do was run. His communications array was screwed up so he could only receive com chatter.

The Aquarius was unaffected by the Cyber attack, and had moved within range of the basestar. It was startling to see his home open up with all it's weapons. He danced around the explosions, skirting the expanding clouds of molten metal and debris. Kicking the nose of his Viper to the right while dipping his right wing down, he skidded over a protrusion of the hull as a anti-material shell from the Aquarius hit. He heard a thud and a loud bang as he started losing power in his part engine.

"Gotta get through this....." He said to himself after a minute to realize he was still alive, "Need to make a move and now."

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:17 pm 

From what he picked up from other cylons passing, the humans were being beaten back, their Vipers falling under the sheer number of Raiders. Sure, the cylons had taken damage as well, but nowhere near what the opponents were facing. 

Without an actual job to do, Axel left the med bay. He knew he wasn't suppose to, but with no reason to be there, he hadn't stayed. If he were caught by one of the others he'd be punished. Carefully, the humanoid cylon managed to make it to one of the upper levels where he could gain more intel on what was happening other than that they were savagely shooting Vipers as though they had painted targets on them. Maneuvering around a group of cylons, he managed to find come within viewing distance of a large screen showing the ongoing battle while cylons either watched or monitored.

What caught his attention was a lone Viper with a swarm of Raiders after it.
"Damn." Axel muttered, upon seeing the Viper's progress.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:18 pm 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

"Finished, I congratulate you people. Thank you for the hard work." Viktor was pleased with the fast progress that was done to complete his prototype. "All that is left is to do is attach it to a Viper, this might be the one thing that we need to gain the upper hand." He left to see how the battle was goin outside the Aquarius. He turned on the nearest screen that was showing the battle only to be shocked that only one viper remained. "No...what happened, why is there one Viper remaining. Just one!" Angered, Viktor threw everything on the table to the ground, various glass objects shattered on the floor and papers were flying in the air. "Just as the weapon is completed, there isn't many Vipers to use it." He knew if he stayed upset, he would not get any progress done. He calmed himself, "Get it together Viktor..." he muttered to himself, "...just think. If we can get just one Viper to use it, we might just have a chance. Be it a slim chance, but it is better than nothing." He began to think of someway to get the lone Viper back to the Aquarius. "If we can get the Viper to lure the swarm of Raiders to the point defense weapons, we just might be able to save that one Viper."

Viktor, now very worried about the situation called flight control. "Hi, it's Viktor from R&D, I need you to radio that lone Viper...we haven't much time..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:19 pm 

Medals: 2

Nate was watching the battle on a nearby tactical display as he stood outside the pilot’s ready room, he was fully suited up and had his helmet in his hand, he was just waiting for word to man his ship.

When he saw that they were down to a few fighters he ran for the hanger bay that his fighter sat in, which was on the opposite side on the new Battlestar from the Cylon ships he jumped in his fighter and began talking to the flight crew on his radio.

“Look I don’t give a frack who said I couldn’t launch my brothers are out there dying” he hollered on as he started to climb out to work the launch bays controls, as he did his canopy started to close and he looked to see Jenna , one of his good friends who was also the launch bay controller tapping buttons on the top of his Mk-II Viper preparing it for launch.

Nate quickly strapped in and settled in his seat as the thrust of the catapult launched him out the front of the hanger pod, he hit the afterburners and rocketed up and over the Battlestar as he rolled in to a sharp bank following the curve of the larger ship scanning for Cylon Raiders.

He acquired them about halfway across the Battlestar and engaged it was then he realized that his radio was blasting with all manner of threats and such about his leaving the ship, as he juked and wove his way through the Cylons he continued to shoot not keeping count of the ships he destroyed.

As the Battlestar opened up with its guns on the nearby fighters and the Basestar he saw a lone Viper with a ton of Raiders following it and turned to intercept he armed his missiles and lined up on the leaders when he got tone he fired two into the mix.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:32 pm 

If he'd been expecting anything, the two blue streaks of missiles from the lone Mk-II ahead of him wasn't one of them. He twisted to look behind him as there was a symphony of explosions from where the missiles impacted the hoard of Raiders chasing him. Almost two thirds of the Cylons were wiped out due to them running into the fireball and debris. A whistle escaped him as the rest of the Raiders scattered. He reversed his direction as he pulled in close to the late arriving Viper and gestured that he couldn't respond to transmissions.

"Hope he understands me." He said to himself, sniping a stray Raider just outside his kinetic weapon's range.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:52 pm 

Axel kept watching long enough to see a second Viper appear and use a set of missiles on the group of Raiders. He flinched briefly at the amount of destruction imposed, but was more interested in what this pair of Vipers could do, seeing as how one wasn't in the best of conditions. 

"Thirteen?" He heard someone say before he felt himself getting pulled by the collar. "Shouldn't you be in the med bay?" Another cylon asked.

"On my way." Axel said, head hanging and eyes on the floor as he made his way back down to his station. He hoped someone would keep him posted on what was happening, but didn't count on it. 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:25 am 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

"So, that lone Viper can't be contacted?" Viktor said with a sigh to the person on the other end of the line. "Wait, I see there is another Viper, so that is the reserve correct? I need you to bring that one in. I have an experimental weapon to equip to it. This weapon will aid them in the fight." He recieved a quick ok from the other end. He then hung up. "Yes, so things aren't as terrible as it seems. This weapon is now able to take on multiple targets, all we need is to take out the raiders." Some other crew members helped Viktor take the weapon to the hangar ready to equip it to a Viper. "This one weapon should be effective, if it isn't, we must find some way to push them back." He said to himself. All that is left to do is attach it to a Viper. After the other crew members left, he stood there next to the experimental weapon. He only had a few other maintanence workers waiting to attach it to a Viper. The engineers questioned him about what they do in the R&D. He merely said, "We research and develop technologies." Viktor said with a straight forward tone. The workers then stood there quiet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:54 am 

Nate saw the other Viper blast a few straggling Raiders who didn’t scatter like their brothers, he watched as the other pilot maneuvered close as they did Nate saw that the port engine and wing were damaged. He saw movement in the cockpit and looked in time to see that the pilot was using some sort of sign language.

“Can you hear me?” Nate asked over the comm pointing to where his ear was as he spoke “I hope they can hear me” he mumbled to himself as he watched the Raiders start to regroup and angle towards them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:45 am 

He sighed with relief, nodding as he tapped where his ear was before shaking his head while tapping where his mouth was. He armed his own missiles and fired them all off, six different blue streaks leaping away from his ship as he heard the order to return to the ship. The Aquarius was ready to jump. He boosted toward his home, keeping the other Viper on his wing as he downed numerous Raiders. He wasn't alone now, he could do this as long as the other Viper pilot was with him. Despite his Viper being damaged, he proved to be just as dangerous as the other pilot as they crossed into the Aquarius's anti-air zone, suddenly finding they didn't have to dance around as much as the Raiders were having severe difficulties getting close with so much anti-air flak being thrown at them.

"Coming in now, stay with me, buddy." He said, lowering his landing skids as he cut his right turn toward the starboard landing bay wider and sharper than necessary to shoot a stray Raider of the Mk-IIs tail mid-rotation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:43 am 

As he had expected, once back in the med bay, Axel was basically ignored. He could see cylons walking past, but heard nothing on how the battle was going. It was unlikely that he would actually treat anyone as with any battle like this, there were no survivors to pull in. Unless the tides had turned since he had gotten back down here, the odds of being invaded were slim to none. Not that he was hoping that would happen as the humans were just as ruthless as the cylons, but he wanted something to happen that would give him something to do other than being stuck in the medical area of the basestar. He had already risked leaving once and had gotten caught, so that option was out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:18 am 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

Viktor had heard that the two vipers were being returned to the hanger. This pleased him, the weapon would be used, which in turn would turn the tables of the battle. "The Electron Pulse Generator, a weapon of my own design. Built specifically to deal the most damage to a Cylon Raider. One shot would render multiple Raiders inoperable. Hehe, I can't wait to see it in action." The workers looked at him a bit funny, Viktor noticed it, "What, can a person not talk to himself." They just pretended not to notice him. "Gah, the nerve of some people." He began to think to himself instead. "(Ok, so I kept the blueprints, it seems that it is easy to make another, so mass producing them on the ship would be easy. We only need one more which is fine." Viktor kept waiting for the vipers to return.

Whilst working on it, he never thought it would be this useful, which was far from correct. He never understood why he believed that. Looking at it now, it seems very deadly to both sides of the war. A turret that fires directed EMP's, a horrifying thought if you ask him. Only problem is the thought of the Cylons trying to get a hand on one of their own. It didn't bother him as working with the core of the weapon could be dangerous to them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm 

Nate nodded as he understood what the other pilot was meaning.

"Roger that" Nate replied to the other pilot "Aquarius this is 'Gunner' I have a pilot from Black Flight with a bad comm, they can receive but not transmit"

Nate saw some Raiders angle in on them and fired a pair of missiles as the other pilot fired off six, Nate saw that they were angling back to the Aquarius.

"Ok buddy after you" Nate said as they were on final approach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 pm 

"Roger that, Gunner, Get him back safely."

"Idiots, We're already here." He grumbled, flipping his Viper around to land.

He felt the landing skids hit and than was thrown sideways as his Viper slammed its damaged wing into the deck. He managed to limit the damage done by his Viper spinning but it was wrecked. It slid to a stop as he lost consciousness. The flight crew snapped into action as they scrambled to get him out of the stricken Viper. It was repairable but He'd be outta commission for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm 

Leaning against one of the tables, arms crossed, Axel stared blankly at a spot an inch or so up the wall. Thinking about anything and everything that came to mind, he nearly missed it when he heard the news that the two Vipers had retreated to their own Battlestar. Lifting his head, he refocused on his surroundings. Could it be true? Had they given up already? Having heard of many battles with the humans, Axel didn't believe it, knowing them, they likely had something else up their sleeves. This must be a bluff, something to make the cylons lower their guard. 

Secretly, he hoped he was right. Not that he wanted his own people to lose.