All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visitors in Gotham
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:16 pm 

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) Supporter (1)
Recruiter (1) Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (4)

Every night in Gotham was no different than any other. The crime rate was high because of multiple bank robberies and countless murders. Things were not looking good. Not even tourists would think about visiting the city, even if they wanted to. However, the crime rate had been reduced frequently thanks to the caped crusader. Because of that, no ordinary criminal was safe, but the Rogue Gallery begged to differ.

One night, however, was something new. According to the newspaper that shared the same name as the city, there was going to be an auction over a rare artifact. It was described as a necklace made out of gold and an amethyst amulet hanging from it. Rumor has it that this artifact contained some strange magic. And judging by its appearance, it was really valuable. Any jewel enthusiasts would be delighted to have that for their collection. But one man seemed interested with a different reason.

Enter Toniyo Zaritoni, who was described blonde-haired person with red shining eye. Apparently he got this information from a friend of his regarding the amulet, and how and where was it put up for an auction. For whatever he had in mind for that amulet, he wanted her to have it as a gift. Since Gotham was overrun by criminals, it would be wise for Toniyo to carry his crossbow with him as his self-defense. And he had to keep his eye on his surroundings for finding that artifact was no easy task.

Toniyo found an auction house just south from him. He entered the building with determination in his mind. If he were to earn such artifact, he need to bid his way to the top in an auction house. He hoped that he may had enough money to cover all that just to beat the other bidders.

Meanwhile, a brother to Toniyo named Karasz Zaritoni, who was different than him by appearance such as his hair being brown instead of blonde, and his on-and-off purple-haired girlfriend Leilanie Somanaga, were taking a stroll together in the main street. Leilanie was fascinated from all the environment, but Karasz seemed to be disinterested. He would ask why Leilanie enjoyed the town so much, but even a single question could result a kick in the 'nads. Leilanie was a tough one to say the least. As for Karasz, he wouldn't mind the scenery much.

But then...

Leilanie heard a bark coming from the glass wall. Leilanie spotted something what it looks like a little young pug. She approached the pug as Karasz watched her.

"Hey, where are you going?" Karasz asked her fiance, "And why are you looking at t--"

"Oh. My. God..!!" Leilanie grinned brightly while talking to Karasz, "I never seen anything like in my life. Where have I been missing all this time?"

"A lot?" Karasz simply answered, "I mean, do you even know how to raise a dog?!"

"What do you know about pets?" Leilanie questioned again, "You never own a pet in your life. You couldn't even handle a dinosaur to yourself."

"Oh... Yeah... Good point," Karasz huffed at her while giving her some spare cash, "Anyway, take this. Hope this is enough to buy a pug."

Leilanie took the cash from Karasz while squeeing for joy. She immediately entered the pet shop through the door so she can purchase a puggie.... It's a puppy... pug... thing. Karasz then turned around and face rest of the environment. From his perspective, Gotham looked calm at night, but the lights were too bright to see.

Last edited by Karasz on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:34 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The bidding got underway for the necklace with it's amethyst amulet, things were getting competitive between Toniyo and several of the hoity toity rich folk who were there bidding as well. Suddenly the entrance was kicked open and thugs wielding guns and wearing bird-themed masks fired off shots into the ceiling to get everyone's attention.

"Alright everybody on the ground!" One of the thugs shouted, the rich snobby bidders immediately obeyed. A squat, fat little man wearing a fur-coat with a top hat and carrying an umbrella waddled in. "So sorry to interrupt, but we'll be taking that amulet...and whatever goodies you lovely people have on ya." Penguin took a puff on his cigar and signaled his thugs to begin robbing the bidders and filling the sacks they carried with their money and valuables.

"Whoa, boss..look at this thing!" A thug said as he reached for the amulet, only to have his hand swatted away by Cobblepot. "That's mine, hands off!"

Meanwhile, a large black vehicle with bat-wings on it sped past Karasz toward the auction house Cobblepot was currently robbing.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 pm 

The sounds of gunfire was already heard in Toniyo's ears, and immediately headed for cover. He witnessed the Penguin and his thugs breaking in to cause trouble. To make matters worse, he heard that the Penguin wanted the amulet to himself. Refusing to let him steal it, he immediately took action. He whipped out his crossbow and shot one of this thugs from behind.

"Ya know... I was going to get that amulet fair and square," Toniyo spoke to the infamous Cobblepot, "But you had to do it the hard way. Put down that amulet or I'll make you!"

Back with Karasz, while Leilanie was just buying a pet pug, he spotted the vehicle passing by. Curious to wonder what was all the commotion about, he followed that vehicle, thinking it may be related to an ominous villain or otherise.

"I got a bad feeling about this," Karasz thought, "I hope Toniyo didn't do anything stupid over there. He's not going beast mode over there, right?"

"Hey, Karasz," Leilanie left the pet store with her new pet pug, "Isn't this dog the cutest thing ever? You should've seen its cute puppy dog--" But before Leilanie can finish, she noticed Karasz wasn't here. This really peeved her off. "WHAT THE HELL?! Did you seriously leave me behind?!" Just for that, she set out to locate him for ditching her.

Post subject: Re: Visitors in Gotham
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:23 pm 

Penguin cackled and snapped his fingers, "Show 'im what we do to heroes around 'ere!" He said in his cockney accent. The bird-mask thugs held up their shotguns and submachine guns and fired repeatedly at Toniyo. The rows of chairs were torn apart by the gunfire, making it harder to find cover.

That was when the roaring of the Batmobile caught their ears, "Damn it! Blow the charges!" Penguin ordered.

Two of the thugs activated detonators, and explosions rocked the street...the batmobile wa surprisingly unharmed and drove right through the flames..not even losing speed.

"Outta my way you morons!" Penguin shouted as he went out onto the sidewalk and glared at the oncoming vehicle.

Cobblepot held up his umbrella and fired grenades from it at the batmobile.

"Uh..boss..it ain't stoppin him!" One nervous thug said.

"Shut up!" Penguin fired another grenade, and another..the batmobile avoided them or merely drove through the explosions.

"DAMN IT!" Penguin began to waddle back inside...just making it through the door when the batmobile smashed through the wall and sent him flying onto the floor covered in debris from the entrance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:24 pm 

Hiding in space

As the penguin was sent tumbling, so too was the necklace, and a hand caught it gently in the air.

"So. Toniyo. This is how you wanted to get my attention?"

Standing there, seeming to have appeared out of nowhere, was a 18 year old woman in a purple shirt and jeans. Two bands of runes were tied around her arms. Her blue eyes looked to the penguin, framed by the messy blond hair on top of her head and the scar running across her forehead.

More distinct then all of that, though, was the sash tied across her waist. A purple sheet filled with shimmering, waving stars, like it was pulled straight form the sky, hung neatly around her.

Notably, she wore a similar necklace of Amethyst around her neck, with a large central gem shaped like a star and 8 smaller beads shaped like chess pieces.

Toniyo alone would recognize this person as Kyle White, and the expression on her face at once went from curious to angry.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 pm 

Reacting to the Penguins' thugs firing bullets, Toniyo headed for cover if he could find one. The chairs were indeed damaged by the bullets, but that didn't stop Toniyo from searching one. He returned fire by shooting arrows from his crossbow back at the attacking thugs. A bullet, however, shot Toniyo in the arm, making him slow down. It was only a mere shot in the arm, but at least he was okay.

Unfortunately, he saw that the Penguin attempted to flee from the scene with the amulet in his dirty hands. "STOP!" He screamed, "That doesn't belong to you, coward!" Also, he saw that the Penguin tumbled and dropped the necklace. Luckily, the necklace was caught by somebody he was familiar with. Kyle White was her name.

"Funny you should ask..." Toniyo replied while holding on his wounded arm, "I thought that thing was actually something you were familiar of."

Back with Karasz again, he continue to track down the mysterious black vehicle, which was the batmobile by the way, but the explosion caught him off guard. He shielded himself and looked away from the explosion. He had no idea what was the commotion all about, but it way probably worse than he thought. He did see the batmobile unscathed by the explosion, and just as he was about to approach it, a big punch from behind knocked him down. Turned out to be Leilanie who had to carry her damn pooch who should've gone to orbit young pug in her arms. Her pug panted and snorted at the same time, feeling docile at the moment.

"That's what you get for ditching me, asswipe!" Leilanie screamed, "I don't know what were you doing over there, but..."

"Black vehicle... Explosion...." Karasz muttered on the ground, "Was Gotham always like this?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:29 pm 

A dark caped figure shot out of the batmobile and attacked the two thugs who were shooting at the blond kid from above. He slammed their heads into the floor, knocking them out instantly. Three more thugs tried to shoot the man from the batmobile, but he threw weapons shaped like bat emblems into their guns..causing them to jam and become useless.

He knocked the helpless thugs out and dismantled their weapons easily.

Penguin was shouting at Kyle and aiming his umbrella at her, "Gimme that back!" He was grabbed from behind by the Batman, who lifted the squat man over his head and threw him into a wall..causing it to crack.

"N-now hold on..hold on a bloody min-" Penguin tried to talk the caped hero down, but he was grabbed by the throat and hoisted off the ground. "Where's Zsasz!?"

"I don't keep tabs on those Arkham psychos! Go bother someone else!" Penguin shouted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:55 pm 

Hiding in space

"Nah." She said. "This doesn't belong to you."

She said, just before the Batman came and wrecked Copplepots day. It brought a cheery smile to her face and she cracked her knuckles, looking at the rest of the goons, both disarmed and not.

"Lemme give you guys a hand."

She raised her hand up, clad in a black, finger-less glove, and suddenly the hands of the goons glowed a brilliant purple and were thrust behind their back, held there by a psychokinetic force. Kyle's own eyes glowed purple as this happen.

It was about that time Batman began 'interrogating' the Penguin, and Kyle kept that cheery smile on her face.

If he knew Kyle could read minds, he'd probably not be putting in all this effort. But he didn't. So it was that much more amusing to watch the dramatic irony.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:27 pm 

Toniyo slowly got up before he continued to cover his wound from the bullet earlier. He approached Kyle with a little smile on his face. Actually, a little bit of nervousness at that. But he's happy to see her regardless.

"I guess the people of Gotham didn't know it belonged to you," Toniyo said, "They still think it belongs to somebody else."

However, he heard from Batman that he mentioned a criminal named "Zsasz." He looked at Kyle for a moment, due to his curiosity, and was going to ask her about it.

Back with Leilanie and Karasz, Karasz finally got up and narrowed his eyes at Leilanie. But he noticed that Leilanie was carrying a 6 week old pug. The pug looked at Karasz with its cute puppy dog eyes while panting.

"Cute," Karasz chuckled a bit as they approached what's going on in that auction house, "You got a name for that thing?"

"I named this pug "Bigby." Leilanie replied while Bigby barked, "Bigby, this is my dumbass who, well, does not get the chance to see you until now. Careful Karasz, he may bite."

"Oh come on, at that age?" Karasz chuckled as he pat the pug, "What's the worst it can--"

CHOMP!

"Son of a-- OW!!!" Karasz cried in pain because Bigby bit him pretty hard. Despite all that, Bigby was trying to be friendly, "Damn it, that hurt!! Seriously!! Nrggh!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:40 am 

Batman, upon hearing Penguin's answer..slammed the back of his head into the wall and punched him in the face. "Where is he!?"

"Agh! I heard he's holed up in the preschool with a bunch of kids he's gonna kill at midnight!" Penguin choked out.

"Thanks." Batman roughly replied as he knocked Penguin out. He held two fingers to the side of his cowl and spoke into a built in communicator, "Gordon, send someone to pick up Penguin and his crew."

Hopping into the Batmobile, he sped off towards the nearby preschool..which was surrounded by police cars and a perimeter.

Victor Zsasz was waving his knife at the group of huddled children, who were whimpering and crying. He'd already killed the teacher who'd tried to stop him..she lay on the floor in a puddle of blood from her neck.

The S.W.A.T. officers were told to stand back as the batmobile blasted through and Batman launched himself up from the vehicle as it sped to a stop.

He saw through the window as he was gliding in midair that Zsasz had already killed the teacher and he grit his teeth in rage.

He smashed through the window and drop kicked Zsasz. "No! You won't stop me! This has to be done!" Zsasz cried desperately.

Grabbing Zsasz by the throat, Batman held him out the window and dropped him from the 2nd floor window. He cried out as he landed hard on the concrete, he was alive...but he'd just broke both legs on landing.

Batman leaped out the window himself and landed on both of Zsasz's arms with his boots. "Gaaagh!" Victor Zsasz cried in pain as his wrists fractured.

Leaning down close to stare into the murderer's eyes, Batman warned: "You ever pick up a knife again, and I'll do worse."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:55 am 

Hiding in space

"...he's going to kill kids?"

Kyle spat. Her eyes flashed for a minute before she looked at Toniyo. She hated people who hurt kids. Especially if they thought they had a reason. She snarled and waved her hands, creating a portal with the cloth around her waist.

"I'm going to make sure those kids are okay. Wanna come along?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:41 am 

"If by all means, I'll come with," Toniyo nodded and joined Kyle. He had been working with Kyle for a long time, and there had to be a reason why.

"Is everything okay over there?" A voice called. It was Karasz who went through the commotion, and saw that Toniyo and Kyle was there, "Wha-? Toniyo, I didn't expect you to be here. What happened?"

"The fatass happened," Toniyo replied with a gruff, "I was going to win an auction to get amulet, the fat guy who welded an umbrella made of ammunitions crashed the party and destroyed everything. Luckily, Kyle was there to catch that amulet."

"Jesus!" Karasz was shocked, "At least you two are okay."

Then Leilanie came along with Bigby in her arms. She, too, met her familiar friends. But not Bigby, he never met Kyle nor Toniyo before, but was panting like an excited child.

"Alright, where do you think that "Zsasz" guy is?" Toniyo asked Kyle.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:13 pm 

Hiding in space

"I already know exactly where."

She used the Celestial Cloth to make a portal to the school room Zsaz had been in, and stepped through it, entering the school. Teleportation being instant, she arrived just as Batman defenstrated the killer and shook her head as she saw the kids, all of whom were only slightly less terrified after seeing that.

"Let's all stay calm."

Using the techinque her father had taught her, a wave of soothing calm filled the room, and the children were only slightly less panicky.

"The police are going to want to come in here, to make sure you're all safe. How about we all just relax in here and play games until they do?"

One of the children, a dough-eyed 5 year old, opened her eyes and asked.

"Like what?"

Kyle snapped her fingers and an entire horde of every board-game the children could think of, from Jumanji to Sorry! to Candyland to Checkers, all came pouring out over the floor.

"Take a pick."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:27 pm 

"I wanna play Candyland!" some of them cheered.

"Do you have Chinese Checkers?" One of the kids asked timidly.

"Woww! You're magic!" Another boy said.

Down in the parking lot, Harvey Bullock was roughly handcuffing Zsasz, despite his injured arms..he made sure to click the cuffs extra tight behind his back. "Yer lucky I don't just blow your brains out...I could do it and make it look like ya'd tried to put up a fight miiighty easily...lotsa people want you gone, Zsasz...remember that next time you pull this ****." Bullock whispered dangerously as the others made their entrance in the parking lot.

"Harvey, don't give him anything to use against the department or you." Jim Gordon warned with a sigh.

As Zsasz was thrown in the back of a squad car, Gordon turned to Batman. "You've not made my job any easier tonight, now they're gonna be all over our ass claiming brutality."

"If it helps you can tell them I did it...there's nothing wrong with him I can't fix with my hands." Batman said.

"Wonder if his lawyers will buy that.." Gordon sighed, lighting a cigarette.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:30 pm 

Hiding in space

"Nah, just blessed."

Kyle said. She levitated the Candyland board to the kids who wanted it, and gave Chinese Checkers to the the kid who asked for that.

She pulled out a game of Sorry! and set herself up as the purple player.
Which, well, there usually wasn't? She must have had custom boards too.

"I'll be playing this." She said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:17 pm 

Toniyo joined Kyle and traveled through the portal. Karasz and Leilanie watched him and Kyle depart, but Bigby couldn't contain its excitement any longer. He just followed Toniyo and Kyle there.

"Hey! Bigby, wait!!" Leilanie ran off into the portal, "Get back here, you little scamp! This is not a thing for a puppy!"

"Leilanie- wait--" Karasz tried to stop Leilanie from going there, but it was too late. Reluctant to go through all this, he entered the portal as well, "I really hope this journey doesn't suck."

When encountering the children at the school, they couldn't help but seeing them look afraid after the attempted attack done by Zrasz. The children did notice Bigby who had been running around chasing his own tail. Karasz attempted to cheer one up by making funny faces. Toniyo seemed interested in Candyland.

"Can I join too?" Toniyo asked.

Meanwhile, Karasz locked his eyes on the caped crusader, pondering that he may be related to the batmobile from earlier. Maybe he got there first before Kyle and the others. In fact, he wanted to talk to him about the auction from earlier. He carefully approached Batman and decided to question him.

"Excuse me," Karasz spoke, "Were you going after the same guy too? Well, just that a friend of mine had a grudge against this... er.. Zrasz guy that my friend mentioned earlier, and umm..."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:47 pm 

Batman's white slitted eyes looked at Karasz and he spoke, "Victor ZSASZ...not Zrasz. And yes, he's a serial murderer who carves marks on his body with each new victim..he was planning on killing the children tonight."

Glaring in the police car's window at the broken and now crippled Zsasz...Batman turned back to Karasz. "I broke his arms and crippled him...he won't be hurting anyone for a while at least."

Gordon and some other officers entered the children's new 'playroom'. "What the-what are you people doing here? Were you hostages too?!" Gordon demanded.

"I think they're just keeping them calm, you need to do the same, Jim." Batman's voice said from behind the police officers. Jim frowned but sighed, "Alright..is everyone ok?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:15 pm 

Hiding in space

Kyle looked up at Gordon with a glass smile on her face, as she dropped some dice on the ground.

"Rolled a 4."

She said.

"Excuse me a minute."

She rolled herself to her feet and hovered over to Commissioner Gordon - and I do mean, 'floated on the air'.

"Yeah. Let's just say we came with the Batman. I thought the kids would need somebody to help them calm down. But if your criminal won't talk..."

Her glass smile broke as a sort of sneering grin formed on her face.

"Let me see him."

Last edited by RaptorFromSaturn on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:27 pm 

"But we were just trying to calm them down after that maniac came in!" Toniyo yelled, "For crying out loud, Is every cop in this city corrupted?! What do we look like, a couple of pedophiles?! HELLO? We didn't harm them!"

Because of Toniyo and Kyle got caught by the police for the crimes they did not commit, Karasz and Leilanie were trying to tell the cops that they were innocent. They attempt to get their attention, though Bigby wouldn't stop nibbling Leilanie's arms.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?!" Leilanie ran up to the officer began berating, "Are you cops blind?! They don't look like criminals. All they were doing was trying to calm those traumatic children down. And you think they made it worse? What the **** is wrong with you people?!"