All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 pm 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"I guess you could call it a date if you want. I consider it more of a time to just enjoy life and socialize. You see, I don't normally go around seeking friends. I just meet people and make friends out of them." Hunter said as he pulled a tight 120 G loop and explosions erupted around him as his plasma bolts struck multiple invisible objects. Hunter grinned as several stealth aircraft that were equipped with cloaking devices were revealed and then blown away.

Hunter then slammed the throttle forward and pulled up into a vertical climb. A door on the bottom of his aircraft opened up and a revolving missile drum revealed itself. He pressed a button on his throttle controls and the drum rotated as it launched seven AMRAM missiles one after another straight up into the sky. The clouds separated and an AWACS was revealed. The seven missiles blew it away as Hunter continued to climb and flew through the cloud of fire, smoke, and debris. Hunter cut his engines at 4,500,000 ft and purposely stalled his aircraft. He fell in a flatspin and was firing his guns the whole way. Explosions riddled the sky as cloaked aircraft erupted into fireballs throughout the sky.

Hunter slammed the throttle forward again and catapulted out of the flatspin as several missiles shot past him. "With this aircraft i can do just about anything." he said as he pulled a corkscrew and shredded a foreign Su-47 Berkut as it attempted to escape his wrath. "Anyway, my radar's clear now and i don't see any cloak ripples anywhere. So i think we're done. How're your fuel levels Rose?"

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:36 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

"Honestly I figured that out of course, but I think that I'm growing to like you, hence why I asked about it being a date. I didn't think a guy would be that adverse to it." Despite the fact that she was talking, she still did her best to keep some flight distance. There was no way that she could have ever taken a loop like that, despite the fact that she was in the pinnacle of her physical condition as far as taking those kinds of Gs was concerned. He explained, though, that it was the result of a technology she did not yet totally understand.

What had surprised her most of all of this though was the fact that he had taken out a fellow Su-47 Berkut. The Purple Rose naturally never saw that aircraft much outside of her own. In fact, before he had made that comment before, well she had just figured any example of it to be remarkably rare.

"I still have plenty of fuel; did you have some kind of course correction you had wanted to give me? I made sure not to blow the afterburners too much. By the way, my radar's looking pretty clean too. Where are we going?" Even though she might have been absolutely no match either skill wise or technologically, it was obvious that she had given it her all and did everything that she could to play up to his enormous game. Hunter had really inspired her to be that much more, even if it had still paled in comparison to the sort of things that he was able to do.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:10 pm 

"I just wanted to know since we were flying for a pretty long while. We're heading back to base. My squadron will follow us there. Each of the assorted aircraft they're flying are mine. Then there's the six that are flying aircraft extremely similar to mine. Those are the primary members of the squadron." Hunter said as he pushed his engines into afterburn and screamed away back to Area 88.

By the time Shin and the other Area 88 pilots had gotten in the air they received a notification that the bandits had all been shot down and they were sent on routine patrols in case the rebels decided to exact their revenge. Shin watched Hunter's craft scream past as Shin flew towards his assigned sector.

Hunter braked hard and lowered his landing gear as he looped down and landed softly. He quickly taxied his aircraft to his hanger before turning it around and reversing the thrust. He then slowly backed into the hanger and popped open his canopy. He hopped out and then sprinted to the mess hall to begin cooking.

Hunter entered the kitchen and the mess lady had her hand s on her hips and a stern look on her face. She opened her mouth to speak but Hunter cut her off. "I'm a professional chef and I have a date to cook a meal for. So if you don't mind, could you step out of the way please?"

The mess lady's jaw dropped and she immediately stepped out of the way. Hunter then began gathering the ingredients.

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:30 am 

"Nah, it's really looking like I'm good for a while, but I can head back with you. I didn't know that you had so many aircraft. Are you really just trying to impress me with everyone?" Once she had adjusted the pitch, she pushed her own engines into the after burn cycle and started back as close behind him as she could have been. Soon enough they were back at Area 88, along with the other pilots. Silently, she secretly hoped that the rebels would cause problems again at some other time so she could have proven herself to him.

Braking hard as well, she followed him down as he looped around and made it so that she could have backed into the next berth in the hanger. Popping the canopy as well, she soon removed her flight helmet and threw her long hair about in the process. Grinning as she tossed it into the jet, she took a few steps to adjust to regular G-forces before following after him. "Hey, I promised you something - I'd tell you my real name!" To her credit, she still hadn't said this. What she was going to find when she followed him, however, was once more going to surprise her, however.

"Wait a moment, you're a chef too?!" The one still calling herself the Rose hadn't even got a chance to change out of her flight suit. "You're making me dinner here?" It all sounded so unbelievable.

The most important part to her, though, was the fact that he had actually accepted that it was going to be a date.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:07 pm 

~Sorry for the long delay. Classes and all that crap. Plus finals are coming up too.~

Hunter chopped the bacon with ease and then stirred the pasta before turning towards Rose. "Sorry, kinda wanted to get everything started before doing anything else. So what is your name anyway? And I'm mostly trying to impress you. Everyone else can just ignore me for all i care. Impressing them is just a bonus." Hunter said before turning back to his cooking. He put the bacon in a pan and let it sit while he diced six peppers and put them in. After that he diced some tomatoes and put them in the pan as well.

Hunter stirred the pasta in the boiling water and then scooped it out and into the pan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:33 pm 

[OOC: Please don't worry about it at all, I totally understand.]

Naturally Rose was watching everything that had gone on her, and it could be said that she was completely fascinated by it all. She never knew that he could have had so many other talents that weren't exactly dedicated to flying. Stepping forward a bit, she smiled and threw back her hair. "Well, you're certainly impressing me more than you could you have ever imagined." Should he have allowed him, I would have offered him a kiss on the cheek for now. If he liked it, though, then there was certainly more where that came from. "The name is Blossom, but...I figured that I would rather be a flower with thorns. Purple Rose was the call sign I have always done mercenary work under."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:51 pm 

"You should know very well that a blossom could be any flower. So by such reasoning, once you reach your full potential under my guidance, you will blossom into a beautiful purple rose." Hunter said as he turned towards her and set his right hand (which was gloved) on her cheek. "Purple is one of my favorite colors after all." Hunter then blushed. "Sorry, that was a weak attempt at a poem. I've been going off of my instincts the entire time really."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 pm 

"More than anything in the world now I look forward to blossoming into that beautiful purple rose and doing my name proud." He looked toward her, grasping the gloved hand in the process with her own little blush. "Whatever, who cares if you had a bad attempt at a poem? Honestly, I just loved watching you blow crap up anyway!" Well, it might not have been the most romantic statement ever, but at least it was honest. Blossom, as it might have been so to speak, actually figured that he might have appreciated her honesty in all of this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm 

Just then Hunter felt a sharp pain in front of his right elbow and he immediately pulled his hand back and wrapped his left hand around his forearm just below the elbow and winced as he inhaled sharply.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:55 pm 

Thinking real fast, Blossom first shut off the stove so that nothing would risk getting boiled over and therefore hurt him any more. She then immediately placed her hands on him if allowed. "What happened? Are you okay?" She was showing genuine concern for his condition, and did seem like she was deeply worried about him at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:45 am 

Hunter pulled his sleeve back to reveal a synthetic forearm, all mechanical. As soon as his sleeve was pulled past his elbow, the metal ended and skin began. However, that specific area was dripping with blood. Hunter winced again before taking his glove off and checking the rest of the mechanical appendage for damage. Then he sighed and placed his hand back in the crook of his elbow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:59 pm 

"Tell me what I can do!" Blossom, however, naturally had no experience with cybernetic limbs. That didn't at all mean that she wasn't going to at least try to help him out though. She didn't want to have to have him suffer through even the slightest pain, and therefore she was sure that she could concoct at least some way to dull the pain for him. "Are both of your arms cybernetic, or is one organic?" She then swallowed, "Did you want to go lay down somewhere?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 pm 

"I honestly expected you to be shocked. But no, it's just the aftereffects of the wound I received a while ago." Hunter sighed again as blood began to slowly seep out of where the mechanical appeendage ended and the skin began. "This is an organic issue. And trust me, this is the only mechanical limb I have. Sadly other people have to suffer and live without these. This is only a prototype."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:11 pm 

"At this point, I don't think anything that you do could ever shock me any more. You've been surprising so far, and in fact you were so surprising that I don't think anything else can shock me truly at this point." Swallowing deeply, she looked about and shook her head, "If it's a prototype, does that mean it's not really safe to use?" She touched him gently, desperately trying to figure out some way to stop the bleeding that he was experiencing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:18 am 

"The injury had nearly ruined my life. This," he said and lifted up his forearm, "This let me fly again." Hunter sighed. "I couldn't fly for the two and a half years I spent designing and building it and I had spent the previous year in a coma."

Suddenly his body language switched from depression to excitement and his eyes gleamed in anticipation. "Hehehehe... I sense another sortie on the way." Hunter then vaulted over the kitchen counter and sprinted to the hangars. 30 seconds later a sortie order came through the bases intercom.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:24 pm 

Looking down toward the food, Blossom felt a little upset that she was going to have to abandon it. Naturally she didn't want anything to go to waste, so she quickly made out a note stating that they would be back for it, but to make sure that it would go to use otherwise. Soon enough, though, she had to chase right after him. Honestly, she had no idea whether or not he was in the right state of mind. He just seemed so rugged and able to handle so much, if what he had said is true and, on top of that, if he were genuinely going to go out on a sortie in this state it would have been incredible to her.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 pm 

Hunter had decided to pick a different aircraft this time after wrapping some gauze around the crook of his elbow. His entire collection of aircraft was spread out on the concrete around him as he selected the aircraft he was going to use.

Hunter eventually chose his F-20 Tigershark, just for shits and giggles. He immediately popped the canopy open and strapped himself in, making sure to have the rest of his collection moved into the hangars. Hunter then tasked onto the airstrip and slammed the throttle forward into afterburn. The custom built jet engine that he had designed specifically for the F-20 caused the plane to move from 0-100 mph in half a second caused the airplane to careen into the sky.

A black scorchmark was left behind on the runway from the engine's powerful afterburner.

Last edited by Hunter Dracon on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:29 am 

Considering the stresses that were usually associated with relatively high altitude flight as well as high G force acceleration, initially Blossom was surprised by his decision. His arm had looked like it was fairly seriously injured. Nevertheless, she hadn't done anything to discourage him from whatever aircraft he had wanted to select. Earlier he had claimed that there was some sort of energy field that prevented him from taking too many Gs. Sighing in turn, she looked around cautiously before finishing getting suited up on her own terms all over again as well.

This looked like she was going to have to fly off, though of course she was going to need to use her aircraft from before. Unlike him, she didn't own any other planes. Still, she had certainly hoped that the one plane she did own was impressive enough as it were. Eventually it had looked like a second scorch mark played out across the hanger from the effect of her own afterburner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:35 pm 

In minutes Hunter had reached the mission area. Unfortunately this was a air support and ground attack mission. However, Hunter, being his usual eccentric self, had equipped four bomb racks on the heavily nodded F-20 Tigershark. Two racks under the wings and two more mounted under the fuselage.

He dove down and unleashed the entire load of cluster bombs on the enemy convoy before pulling up and turning around for another pass with the twin plasma cannons mounted in the plane's nose. Each bolt of plasma ripped through the trucks, tanks, and support of the convoy as he flew low and kicked up a storm of sand as he flew.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:04 pm 

You didn't often see Tigersharks in service, especially considering that few of them were made, but then again you didn't often see many people use the plane that Blossom had used either. She lacked such accoutrements as plasma cannons, but made good with strafing by way of the conventional cannon that her outfit did carry as well as extensive use of her internal weapons bay.

While she might have been behind him technologically, Blossom did certainly realize how to get the maximum performance out of what she was working with, even when running a ground attack mission like this one. She wondered if indeed this would bankrupt the country that they were flying for at this point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next