All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lanterns.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:26 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"...And how many times were you told to stop wandering off? Mum is going to kill you, you know. I bet they finished lighting the lanterns already...Damn it...And I really wanted to light one!...Well, we should see how they turned out soon, anyway. I bet it looks amazin-"
Trin's voice cut off as they rounded the corner. Somehow, they must have taken a wrong turn. Instead of the road leading out of the cemetery, ahead was nothing but a narrow path lined with towering trees. She looked behind her to see where they had gone wrong, but all she could see there, too, was trees. Had those trees been there before? There was no sign of the gravestones they had just passed.
But, it was dark...They had to have taken a wrong turn.
"Great," she sighed. "We'll just have to go back the way we came. Come on."
Robin, who had been half listening to his sister, gave her a bored look. "Or, we could just explore this path," he countered, with a wicked smile. "I haven't been down here before. And like you said; lantern lighting's over, so what's the point in going back right now?"
Before his sister could stop him, he had already hurried down the path ahead of them.
"Robin!" Trin called after him, groaning as she ran to keep up.
But he was no longer paying attention to her. He had come to a stop at the end of the path, and was staring at a rotten, wooden sign post, half hidden in the low branches of an old tree.
"Welcome to Samhain," he read quietly, his voice filled with curiosity. He had no idea there was another town out here. But, where was it? Maybe they would find it if they kept walking down the path.

The loveliest lies of all.

ImageImageImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Lanterns.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 pm 

Luka clicked her cell phone shut, "had to call me didn't he? Why not, I don't know A tow truck?!... Oh right..." She sighed as she looked in the mirror. She wore a pair of black pants, and a white button-down shirt, buttoned all the way to her neck, and big black steel toed combat boots. She grabbed her heavy white jacket and a white knit scarf and hat.
Always black-and-white with her, Rowan always said she looked like a panda bear or penguin. Luka just liked it because it was simple and didn't stand out. Unlike her hair, which was bright pink. She hated standing out, her cousin on the other hand loved being the center of attention and somehow always manage to drag her into it as well. She stepped outside and grabbed her bicycle from porch. She began to pedal down the road to find Rowan. She knew exactly where he was but as she peddled Luka begin to notice that the area surrounding her seemed to be getting increasingly more wooded. "must've taken a wrong turn.." She thought, but she hadn't taken any turn.
She kept going, convincing herself it was just the darkness making things seem more scary than they really were. Suddenly I think you're came into view. It was much closer than Luka had first thought. She slammed on her brakes but it was just a bit too late, and she hurtled into her cousin sending both of them into the nearby ditch.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 am 

"What in the..."Misora muttered in her native language as the Japanese girl found herself in the same stretch of woods yet again. Was she lost? But how big could this place be anyway? She was certain that Hollowton wasn't that far away; she'd been following behind the rest of her school's field trip group barely moments ago, and slowing down to take some pictures... And before the high school girl knew it, she'd lost sight of the field trip group and teacher.

And thus far all attempts to catch up with the rest of the group seemed to have gotten the Japanese high school girl more lost than ever. "No..." Misora groaned in disappointment as she checked her Sony Xperia T to see if she could look up her location via GPS, only to find that just like her earlier attempts her phone wasn't working for reasons unknown. "I need to get out of here..." Misora murmured, not wanting to be found missing from the group when the teacher starts the headcount.

The brown-haired girl stopped in her tracks as she heard voices in the distance, albeit conversing in English - a language that she had a very rudimentary understanding of, but not very good at. Could they be locals? Perhaps they might know the area well enough to get her out! "Wait!" Misora called out in English, running towards the source of the voices, only to recoil as something (Luka on her bike) thundered right past her, cringing as the sound of a crash was heard moments later.

"Hey! Anybody there?" Misora called out as she walked towards where she heard the crash, probably acting against her better judgement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 am 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

Castiel looked over at Karina with a mischievous grin on his face. He'd gotten a plan, and it didn't include being a baby and lighting a lantern either.
"Rinaaaaaaaa." he wined at her, like he always did when he was trying to convince her of something, sounding more like a child who wanted candy.
Karina just looked back at Castiel and continued walking towards the end of the cemetery and towards the town. She enjoyed the lantern lighting and she certainly didn't think it was childish.
"Rinaaaa pleaseee... let's go explore or something" Castiel wined again, knowing eventually she would probably give in. Karina hated when he did this, he knew how to get her to agree to anything.
"Fine. We go have a look around the creepy cemetery, BUT, then we have to go light Lanterns ok?" She negotiated with her twin, even though most of the time it was a futile attempt and he'd probably go back on it once he'd gotten what he wanted, but she made it out like she had a handle on things.
"Fine." Castiel waved with his hand dismissing most of what she said, and dragged her back into the cemetery, it was dark and rather creepy, but there was something about that he liked.
"Cas, this stuff is creepy, we've looked now can we go?" Karina asked, and was about to point out that they were going to get into trouble if they didn't get to the lantern lighting soon.
"Karina, stop being such a baby... " Castiel began, when he looked back at her he realized that there was a woods behind them, he knew they hadn't walked through any woods had they? Surely, he'd have noticed. Karina looked at Castiel with confusion, not quite understanding why he'd stopped mid sentence. She was taken aback by her twins silence and turned around herself and was shocked to see a wooded path.
"Cas, what..." She began "we didn't walk through that" Karina continued, a little scared and wary of what was going on, she'd lived in Hallowton all her life and she'd never seen any woods before.
"No, but we can go see where it goes anyway" Castiel replied, not even phased by the fact he was sure it hadn't been there 10 minutes beforehand, ignoring the looks and protests from his sister he started walking down the wooded path, the air seemed colder, and he hadn't brought a jacket as it had been warmish when they'd left the house.
Karina didn't want to go with him, but she knew if she didn't he'd only manage to get himself into trouble. After they'd been walking for what seemed like hours they came to a bit of a clearing and in the middle was a sign that read :
"Welcome to Samhain"

Karina looked at Castiel who just shrugged and carried on walking. Neither of them knew of this place or even heard of it before.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 pm 

Rowan held his mobile phone in front of his face, moving it around in an attempt to get a signal. But there wasn't one. This was just great.
His car had broken down just before he had managed to leave the town, and he'd decided to leave it behind, calling his cousin for the use of her bike instead. But, as he had started walking a little way down the road out of town, he realized he must have gone the wrong way. And now he was lost in the middle of a forest he didn't remember entering.
How was Luka supposed to find him if he couldn't contact her?
That question, however, was answered suddenly, as something slammed into him, sending him hurtling into a ditch.
"Oh...Hey penguin," he groaned, pushing the heavy bike off of his legs and sitting up, noticing that she was wearing her usual black and white. "I know it's an inconvenience for you to come out here...but could you not try to murder me next time?" Smiling to indicate that he wasn't angry, he helped her to her feet, brushing a few leaves from her bright hair, which was the only thing he could see clearly in this darkness.
"How did you find me, anyway?" he asked, frowning. "I just got lost in-"
He broke off, hearing the sound of an unfamiliar voice shouting; asking if anyone was there. Walking back onto the path, leading Luka by the hand, he saw the silhouette of another person. "Who's...asking?" he responded, his voice uncharacteristically wary.

Robin hummed cheerfully to himself as he skipped down another, narrower path. But Trin had stopped.
"I'm going to leave you behind, ok?" Robin called back to her, realizing she was no longer with him.
"Shh!" Trin hissed, pressing herself against a tree, and looking back towards the clearing in which they had found the sign. There were two unfamiliar people there. Although the two looked as lost as they were, she didn't feel like giving her location away to them, just yet.
"Oh..." Robin said quietly, joining her and peering through the trees. He didn't seem worried about the potential threat. "Hey!" he shouted suddenly, stepping into the path of the strangers.
"Robin!" Trin shouted just as loudly, her voice filled with exasperation. Groaning, she joined her brother, putting a protective hand on his shoulder as she stared at the two.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:32 am 

Karina felt like her heart was about to explode, she hadn't been expecting someone to just jump out of them, she'd let out a little yelp as well. When the girl stepped out and put her hand on the boys shoulder who she'd called Robin, Karina wondered if that was his real name. Once she'd slowed her heart rate down a little she looked at the two.
"Is that a custom of your place, to just jump out at unsuspecting people walking by?" Karina asked, with her eyebrow slightly raised to inform them that she expected an answer and had assumed that they were from Samhain it's self.
Castiel hadn't reacted the same way Karina had, and did end up laughing at her whole carry on. When she interrogated them, he laughed even more.
"Rina, lighten up will you, clearly just a little prank, no harm no foul right?" He told his sister and the last part was more aimed towards the two people who had clearly scared his sister enough to want her to question their whole reason for being there in the first place.
Karina looked at her brother, whom was seemingly finding the whole thing incredibly hilarious.
"Well Cas, I won't but you do know you sound like a depressed seal with that laugh right" She replied and stuck her tongue out at him as though to say she didn't answer to him at all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:51 pm 

Misora squinted her eyes trying to make out the approaching figures, who seemed to have heard her, and as they neared the brown-haired girl would wave. "You... hear me? I think I lost my way here, need people ask for directions," the Japanese schoolgirl remarked, raising her hands to indicate that she meant no harm.

"You locals?" She asked, eying the two strangers hopefully. "Sorry, my English not so good," the brown-haired teen apologized as she bowed with her hands by her side - it was evident from the girl's accent that she wasn't a native English speaker. "I from Japan, part of high school field trip to America, but I got separate from field trip group and now I lost my way... please help?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:25 pm 

Luka rubbed her head an frowned when she felt something warm and wet on her fourhead. It was probably blood. Luka shuttered at the thought and began to dab where she suspected the wound was with her scarf.
"I'm sorry Row. I didn't see you until it was too late." She sighed and took his hand as he helped her up out of the ditch.
She could barly make out the girl that was walking toward them.
"Rowan...." She whispered stepping behind him out if the site if the unknown girl.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 pm 

Robin giggled gleefully at the fearful response he received from Karina. "Our place?" he asked, tilting his head to the side in curiosity. "You mean the city?"
"We're sorry for scaring you," Trin interrupted her brother, lifting her hand from his shoulder, to his mouth. She spared Castiel a glance, a little distracted by his laughter. "It wasn't a prank. He just doesn't know how to read an atmosphere."
Robin pushed his sister's hand away from his mouth, watching with amusement as the two bickered. "I can read atmospheres just fine," he muttered. "Are you two trying to get to Samhain, too?"
"We're not trying to get there. We're lost!" Trin hissed at him.
"We're not lost if there's a sign telling us where we are," Robin shot back, his eyes still on the two strangers.

Indicating that he wasn't angry, with a gentle squeeze of Luka's hand, Rowan tried to get a better look at the silhouette ahead of them. He jumped when the person spoke again, but let out a sigh of relief when he registered what they had said.
Just another lost person...That was odd. Usually three people didn't get lost in a place like this at the same time.
"Yeah, we're locals," he replied. "But we can't give you directions...We seem to have lost our way, too."
Aware that Luka was afraid, he turned his head slightly to respond to her whispered protest. "It's ok," he whispered back. "She's not a threat. She's just a high school student."
He couldn't help feeling sorry for the young girl. It was clear, from her accent, and broken English that she was telling the truth about being a long way from home. "We'll try to help you find your classmates," he said with a reassuring smile, she probably couldn't see. "If not...we'll find a way to take you back to the village. You'll be able to call someone from there, right?"
Tugging Luka's hand slightly, he approached the stranger. "You have a name? I'm Rowan, and this is my cousin, Luka." Turning back to look at Luka, he noticed the blood trickling from her forehead, and the slight dark spot on her white scarf.
He shook his head, using his own sleeve to wipe off the excess blood. "That's just like you, penguin," he muttered.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:52 am 

"I am Fujioka Misora... well met," the Japanese girl replied as the two strangers - one young man and a young woman identified as Rowan and Luka respectively - introduced themselves and revealed to be locals, though unfortunately it appears that they were just as lost as Misora. "That's most unfortunate," Misora remarked, frowning slightly as it turned out that the appearance of two friendly locals didn't provide an easy solution to her current predicament.

"I thank you for your help," Misora smiled - not forgetting her manners even given her current situation - as she placed her hands together close to her lap and bowed at the waist. "So, where should we go next?" she wondered.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 pm 

Karina looked at the boy who'd told them they were from the city. She was confused now. Why would they have ended up at the same place, when Karina knew her and Castiel had been the only ones on the path that they'd seen until they'd gotten to Samhain. Karina was about to say something about how they'd got there, but as she was about to speak the girl whom had been with the boy made an apology.
"It's fine" Karina dismissed the apology, in all honesty it hadn't bothered her it had been more of an initial reaction.
She looked at Castiel with a scorn;
"I'm sure you're not a hyena either Cas." She snapped at him angrily, which took him aback slightly and he stopped laughing. Wanting to throw something sarcastic back at his sister he decided against it. When the boy asked if they were trying to get there Castiel looked at them a little more warily.
"No, we have no idea really how we got here... one minute we were in the cemetery and the next we were on this path" Castiel explained, earning him a warning look from his sister. Karina thought telling the two strangers what had happened might have made them look like ... well a little crazy. Castiel was unsure about where they were and hadn't ever heard of Samhain before, and if those were trying to get there maybe they'd know a way back.
"I know you don't need to help us, but if you were trying to get here, do you know how to get back to Hallowton?" Karina asked, trying to sound less demanding and more like she was just a little unnerved by the whole carry on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 pm 

Rowan smiled as the girl introduced herself.
"Don't thank us yet," he said with a joking smile. "We still have to get out of here." At her question, he looked around, trying to decide which direction they should walk in.
He took one step in the direction all three of them seemed to have come, but the path, even now looked as though it had changed...No. That wasn't possible.
"It looks like the path wants us to go this way," he replied, pointing to their left. Somehow, it seemed the path least ridden with weeds. Beginning to lead the way, he became aware that voices could be heard from the end of the path.
Maybe they had made it out already!

Trin smiled with relief when Karina assured her that she wasn't angry. She couldn't prevent the smile from growing as Castiel's laughter was silenced. It was really distracting.
"The same thing happened to us!" Robin exclaimed, his eyes wide as he looked at Castiel. "Maybe the cemetery is haunted, and the ghosts are trying to keep us here forever!"
"Or maybe we all just took the wrong turn out of there," Trin pointed out, rolling her eyes at him. She turned her attention back to Karina, a sad expression crossing her face.
"We're just as lost as you are," she admitted quietly. "Sorry-"
Cut off by the sound of approaching footsteps, she grabbed onto her brother's collar, and pulled him behind a tree, gesturing for the other two to do the same. She highly doubted that whoever, or whatever was coming now was more lost people.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm 

Karina looked at them both who were just as lost as her and Castiel. Her heart sank a little, she worried that it would take them all night to find their way home, and even though she knew what the boy was saying was insane, she couldn't help but wonder. How could they all have gone so wrong and end up somewhere they didn't even know existed. Even though she'd never admit it, Karina was a little scared. She was about to say something when the girl dragged the boy behind a tree, Karina knew she had a point and pulled Castiel off the path and into the shadows where the other two were.

Castiel had just stood there listening to the three of them talk, he had grown bored, and was about to protest about them being boring and needing a sense of adventure when his sister was dragging him off the main path, he wanted to say something but he knew there was no point, cause she'd only shush him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:58 pm 

"I positive this was same path we took," Misora remarked as she followed Rowan and Luka, retracing the same path they'd taken earlier, but only to end up back at where they started. Have they been going around in circles? As the two locals shared their theories on how they were unable to find their way around, the Japanese teen decided to chime in. "The trees here all look same, easy to get confused," she remarked. "Maybe if we put marker, then we can tell if we wandering in circles," she suggested, recalling some of pathfinding techniques she'd learned during junior high school camping trips.

Although it seemed that a path has presented itself before them. "One moment... just to be safe..." Misora remarked as she stacked several stones together in a pile to make a marker. "There, just making sure this path not take us to same place," the brown-haired girl remarked, giving one last glance at her marker before joining Luka and Rowan in taking the path they'd just discovered, towards the source of the voices.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:34 pm 

Luka sighed as they walked, she made sure to stay on the other side of Rowan away from Misora, not out of rudeness but more like fear. Luka knew it was silly but she just couldn't bring herself to look at the girl. She was terrified of her, and if that wasn't enough the three of them seemed to be getting more and more lost by the second.
when the voices came into the picture Luka almost fainted. She grabbed onto Rowans sleeve to steady herself and kept quietly walking with him.
"Rowan who's there?..." She whispered quietly to her cousin.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:44 am 

Rowan frowned, half listening to Misora as she spoke. He nodded distractedly. It did seem as though the path they had taken had changed somehow...But he knew that was impossible. It was just because all the trees looked so alike.
"Too easy," he agreed, his voice little more than a whisper. "If only it was daytime..."
His voice drifted off as he looked sideways at Luka, the beginnings of impatience entering his expression. It was important to be cautious, but he saw no possible reason for her to be afraid of Misora. Unless she was hiding a chainsaw on herself somewhere, there was no way she posed a threat.
He turned his attention back to Misora as she mentioned leaving a marker. "That's a good idea," he said enthusiastically, wishing they had thought of it sooner.
And, as they started down the new path, he felt a little more confident. At least if this led to a dead end, they could find the stack of stones again with ease...If the forest really wasn't changing around them.
The voices ahead seemed to have stopped suddenly, and, feeling Luka's grip on his sleeve tighten, he gave her a reassuring smile. "It's probably just Misora's group," he replied hopefully. "Do you recognize any of those voices?" he asked the teenager.

Robin struggled and protested as the four of them hid, straining to see who or what was making its way towards them. But Trin covered his mouth with her hand, her heart pounding in anxious anticipation.
What if it was some kind of threat?
Looking over at the tree the other two were hiding behind, Trin saw that Karina looked just as nervous as she was. About to suggest that they sneak away before the approaching footsteps reached them, it was too late.
Three figures came into view beyond the tree, and she pressed herself against it, trying to keep hold of her brother.
But, tired of being held back, Robin bit his sister's hand, escaping her clutches with ease, and slinking onto the path in front of the three newcomers.
"Idiot!" Trin whispered.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:00 am 

Karina watched in silence as the other two wrestled, the boy eventually winning and giving away their hiding spot. She hoped that it wasn't anything planning to harm them seeing as the boy had just given away their hiding space.
Castiel had only stayed quiet for his sisters sake, he too was curious about whom or what was approaching them, what if it was someone who could help. Once the boy had left to investigate, Castiel decided it was safe seeing as he hadn't been murdered upon arrival.
Karina watched as Castiel went and joined the other boy.
"Cas! Come back" she whispered harshly, but she knew her words held no power. She looked across at the girl.
"Boys eh?" she murmured, as well as something of an apology for her brothers outlandish behaviour. He was easily led astray though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:54 pm 

Trin put her hand to her forehead in exasperation. "Yeah, boys," she muttered in response to Karina's words. "Well...they don't seem to be dead. Maybe it's safe?"
Uncertainly, she left the shelter of the tree and followed the boys, stopping a little behind them.
Robin was squinting at the three approaching figures with a look of slight boredom on his face. It looked as though it was just three more people.
Rowan came to a halt when he saw three more people standing in the middle of the path, blocking their way. "Hey there," he called out to the tallest of the three, who appeared to be a guy around his own age. He wasn't entirely sure why he greeted them so cheerfully, especially in this situation. Maybe if he was nice to them, they wouldn't eat him.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:26 pm 

Karina giggled uncertainly at Trins response, she wasn't entirely convinced. When she said it might be safe, the lack of screams from the boys indicated she might be right. Following after Trin she came out of their hiding spot, hoping it wasn't a trap or anything. As she stood beside her brother, whom seemed to be a lot more himself now that he had found a potential friend, she saw the other people approaching. Maybe they'd know how to get back home.
Castiel looked at his sister whom seemed to be a little uneasy still, but he was having a lot of fun with his new friend, and there seemed to be more people coming to join their group as well.
"Hey there" he greeted the new comers as well. He wasn't normally so giddy, but there was something about the people they'd met and they brought it out of him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:59 pm 

As his words were mirrored back at him, Rowan extricated himself from his cousin's grip, and took a few steps towards the people ahead, freezing momentarily when a fourth joined them.
"Don't tell me," he said, a slightly bitter laugh escaping him. "You're lost too?"
"We're exploring," Robin said, shrugging. Was this forest just full of lost people, or what? He folded his arms in obvious boredom.
Pulling her brother back by the scruff of his neck, and stepping in front of him, Trin gave Rowan a suspicious look. "This is getting far too ridiculous to be a coincidence," she muttered, her words directed towards Karina but her eyes fixed on what she could see of Rowan's smiling face.
Noticing Trin and Karina for the first time, Rowan's smile widened. "Wouldn't you call it destiny?" he asked casually.
Before he could approach them, and decide which one to flirt with, something small and feathered flew across the path, its talons tangling in Castiel's hair as it swooped by, dragging him a few inches towards the nearest tree, and releasing him as the creature landed on one of the lower branches, giving the hairs wrapped around its foot a look of disapproval.
Was than an owl? Trin thought as she stared at the thing. It looked like an owl. But she had never seen eyes that bright before. They looked almost like the green orbs of traffic lights.

ImageImageImageImage