All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sleepy Hollow IC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:47 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Vesna’s eyes shifted from the werewolf to the new-comer to this conversation. Ah…and then there were the witches and their children. They added an entirely new layer of intrigue to any given plot, both those made in earnest and those made in jest. She didn’t need to be told that this girl was a witch’s daughter, however; backstories spread like wildfire among the socially elite, and Vesna had been among said elite for quite some time. She knew of the girl’s past, if only in the form of brief rumours spread here and there by bored noblewomen.

“Not a subject I introduced,” she replied.

She sipped her own wine as she let the witch’s daughter mull that one over.

“And where would you stand, in any case?” she inquired. “When the furred ones were wiped out, we would simply go in to clean up the mess. But I doubt very much that your kin be so tactless as to engage anyone openly. It doesn’t seem to be your modus operandi.”

The Latin term was one oft-used by constables and inspectors but it fit well enough here. It simply meant method of operations, after all; and indeed, witches tended to be far subtler than either vampires or werewolves. What vampires had made an art form, witches had perfected as a science.

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm 

Richard bowed slightly to Julianna and proceeded to serve the drinks elsewhere. He saw Micky jump over the counter and pour some wine. He sighed, and finished serving. He headed back to behind the counter, put the wine away, and began to wipe the counter down.
"Don't do that again." Richard said to Micky as he cleaned.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:16 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Micky looked at barkeep and smiled. "While, someone need to get her a drink. And I didn't steal anything.. Yet." He smirked before he looked back to the two girls. "I would like to point out, none of us could work together. It would likely end in blood shed, unless we actually do this." He said, looking back at the room full of people. "But they do out number even the biggest of our packs and your clans."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:51 am 

It seemed that the barkeep was no longer “gone”. Well, it mattered little; the werewolf was right: someone had to have gotten her a drink. She wasn’t just here to look pretty, after all (although one might argue that she was gorgeous…). She turned to the werewolf and then looked out at the crowd briefly, taking them in as he did and responding to him in kind. Her own question had been mostly rhetorical, although she wouldn’t complain if the witch actually decided to respond. In the meantime, the werewolf had in fact voiced her own thoughts on the matter quite well.

“Precisely my point,” she said. “Others like myself would step in to manipulate things directly when the war became too bloody, too public for anyone’s liking. They’d make a few politicians spin things just the right way, quiet everything down, and take over what packs remained or put out a watch for anything even remotely lupine and exterminate what they could. And with the diminished numbers of packs and lone werewolves alike, it wouldn’t be all that difficult to push your species to the brink of extinction. Oh, there are quite a few vampires who would get involved as well, of course.”

She took another sip of her wine before continuing.

“But I have found that my kind are better politicians, whereas your kind are better at grunt work. Not saying that’s all you’re good for but let’s face it: how many werewolves actually hold major seats of power around the world? Vampires, on the other hand…”

It was another thought that she let hang. She certainly didn’t know everything, even as old as she was, but she would have found it difficult to believe that werewolves could hold the same amount of influence that vampires did in the world. Witches might have, perhaps, but certainly not vampires - and again, in her experience, witches had never been the most direct sort even when pushed up against the wall.

Maybe times were changing. But then again, maybe not.

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.