All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

OOC: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47412

In a tavern along the edge of the Old Kingdom or so it was once named many years ago, a cloaked figure came inside.
“Good tidings, Inn Keeper. A room and meals for a few days once more, if you please or don’t please.” came a female’s voice.

A key was passed over the counter to the young woman who was taking the hood of her cloak down.
“Thank ye. I’ll show myself up.” She headed up to the room where she always stayed. She changed and unpacked before heading down the stairs for dinner.
She sat in her usual corner which was the cleanest spot in the tavern. And why not since she owned the tavern. Not that many knew that fact.

The Inn Keepers wife came over to see what she wanted.
“The usual. Any news around here?” she asked.
“No ma’m. It has been very quiet since you left last month. I’ll have your stew ready in a few minutes.” She spoke as she left.
The strange woman was writing a poster to be placed up on the board.

Wanted
Students who will travel to a dragon academy.
All willing students will receive free tuition, food, housing, clothing and 1 dragon egg. Must be in fit condition to travel many miles on foot to Dragonopia. Once there the student will be under the command of a Dragon Lorest who will guide the student in how to raise, care for and ride a full grown dragon. The student will be required to stay for a minimum of 5 years.
Once the student and dragon passes their final exam, they will be required to spend 5 years serving the Dragonopia as a military force.
All interested students must be at least 15 and not more than 25. They must be unmarried, unpregnant, and have no outside obligations.
All interested students must be at The Dragon’s Den, Old Kingdom, on the 5th day of October. Testing will start on the 6th and those who pass will leave on 7th.
Anyone with questions will have their questions answered on the 5th day of October.

When the wife came back, the woman handed her the poster.
“Please post this. I will need a large load of supplies next month. Mostly staples such as flour, sugar, lard, nuts, dried fruit, smoked meats, oats. I will be bringing a few sets of oxen with me.” She spoke as she handed the poster to the wife.
“I’ll have the estimate before I leave in the morning. I’ll be leaving at first light.” The woman announced.
“I’ll have your usual ready for ye then.” Was the answer from the wife.

Next day before sunrise the woman picked up her supplies and left the key as well as the list. A bag of gold was placed in the usual spot.

A month later came and the strange woman was back once more. It was the first of October. She had to make various transactions before the students were due to arrive. It was a busy time for the woman. It was not long before it was the 5th day of October, the day when she would begin to accept her students. She could only hope that she would have at least four students but not more than eight.
She sat at a table where the prospective students would be directed to.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:03 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Lidia Vialdi had come to East Hampton to buy piglets that would be used for beading the next season.
She had made 10 handmade quilts, eight sweaters, 13 pairs of socks, and 25 rag dolls all were to be sold in the general store. While in the store she read a post posted on a corkboard.

Wanted
Students who will travel to a dragon academy.
All willing students will receive free tuition, food, housing, clothing, and 1 dragon egg. Must be in fit condition to travel many miles on foot to Dragonopia. Once there the student will be under the command of a Dragon Lorest who will guide the student in how to raise, care for and ride a full grown dragon. The student will be required to stay for a minimum of 5 years.
Once the student and dragon passes their final exam, they will be required to spend 5 years serving the Dragonopia as a military force.
All interested students must be at least 15 and not more than 25. They must be unmarried, unpregnant, and have no outside obligations.
All interested students must be at The Dragon’s Den, Old Kingdom, on the 5th day of October. Testing will start on the 6th and those who pass will leave on 7th.
Anyone with questions will have their questions answered on the 5th day of October.

This caught Lidia's attention. *Me' could do t'is. Me folks wont 'avta 'ave anot'er mout' ta feed. Me learn 'ow ta' raise a dragon. Me good wit animals and me can fig't. Wit eight brot'ers me plenty strong. Jake learn me 'ow ta use a sword an me fists. Me can wrastle with the best of em.*
Lidia looked at the map and inched her fingers over the Old Kingdom road and she could travel by horse and Tom the traveling salesman could accompany her and bring her mare back home.*It ain't but a three days ride.*
Lidia asked for pencil and parchment and wrote the information down. She purchased the piglets and drove the wagon three miles to a rock house with a thatched roof. She placed the piglets in a pin and ran into the house.
"Momma me gots great news. Look at here at this. "Can I go? Please."
The woman was plainly dressed in Amish Easter egg blue dress. She read over the paper and showed it to her husband. "It ain't too far. An with a baby coming this is good timing."
After a brief discussion, Lidia's parents agreed. "Ya can go. Ya keep in touch."
Lidia immediate began to pack and make a list of basics she would need for three days.
She looked at the calendar and saw the date was just 6 days away. She visited the general store and purchased a new dress. It was light blue gingham with collar, perfect for the meeting with her teacher.
Lidia arrived at the inn at 9am on the 5th of October. She said good-bye to Tom and entered the inn.
She looked around and saw people coming downstairs to eat. She saw the prettiest woman dressed in fancy clothes. She opened the post.
"Pardon, Malady, is you ta one who has ta" Lidia laid the paper on the table. "Dragon school?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:23 pm 

The Lore Master looked up from her notes and spoke calmly.
"Yes I am. Please fill out this form and then we can discuss if you will fit into the class." Lore Master spoke as she pushed a paper towards the young female. The form read:
Name:
Nearest person that would take care of you in an emergency:
Why do you want to come to The Draconic Academy:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 pm 

Name: Lidia Vialdi
Nearest person that would take care of you in an emergency: Lilian & Jake Vialdi
Why do you want to come to The Draconic Academy:

Me wants ta learn how to raise a dragon. I ain't seen one alive; just stories. I want's ta be a dragon rider. I live on a farm an wants ta see ta world. I want ta return home with being learned. I wants ta be able to fight with magics, sword, an me fists.
I knows I gots this curse an it scares me. I can start fire with me hands. I gets mad an things fly by themselves. I ain't told nobody things just go in the air an I don't know why.
What's wrong with me?
I come from a large family an mum gots a baby on the way. I needs ta make me own way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 am 

http://mcpainty.corgiorgy.com/

Blog: View Blog (0)

Laughter filled the air as a brightly painted wagon pulled along the crooked road, a large donkey promptly moving forward. It clopped along and the wagon rocked and the sounds of whistles and fiddles filled a near half mile radius. Pots and pans that hung on latches on the outside clashed and clanked, creating more ruckus as the strangers of the nearing town came rolling in. Song from various voices erupted from the caravan, singing together like an inharmonious choir that sounded even worse when they started rounds. A heavy belied man sat on the front, casually guiding the donkey as it pulled, only tugging the reins when needed to turn or to halt. With a large "hoo ra", the current song had ended, and the man in the front signaled a loud call mixed with a laugh. The entire cabin in unison groaned loudly, but then laughed their irritation away.

Each member of the group scrambled across the large caravan, reaching over and past each other's heads for various bottles, stick and pans, and a few flutes and other instruments. The caravan's activity made it tilt slightly, throwing a young man onto another's laugh, both in the pair laughing and shoving each other away. His hand grasps two plates with leather straps attached to the back, and after sliding both his hands into these straps, he returned to his seat which was simply an open spot on the floor. The wagon was silent.

Everyone looked at the young man who merely smiled at each of them, slowly lifting his plates in the air. A few moments passed, and with the anguishing anticipation, he finally clapped his plates against the boards, starting off the song with a rhythm that made everyone sway. Metal pans joined in with a similar beat, the large man in the front bringing his already baritone voice down to add to the song. Whistles soon sang and various jug blowers added their low hum into the tone, and then finally, those who had lips to sing, sang.

" Hei ne îndepărta Traveler, unde te rubrica?

Călătoria dumneavoastră este obligat la eșec ...
Câți calatori înainte de tine ...
Au încercat calea cu rezultate similare?

The group made it to a nearby Inn. The donkey came to a halt and the caravan jolted to a stop. The group continued to sing, however, even as the front man paused to state their arrival and the large group of fifteen piled out of the yellow wagon.

"Câte orașe și deserturi am eu cutreierau?
Cât timp am eu irosit
Touring de la un loc la altul?

Oh pierdut unul, indiferent de cât de mult vă fugi
Destinul tău se va încheia în epuizare ...
Timpul a trecut prin tine ...
Și aveți inca sa-l observe."

The group stopped outside of the Inn, laughing rambunctiously. However, only one went inside, pushing the doors open with his gloved hands. The walls and doors muffled the group outside, but it brought a placid smile to his face that one could still hear their joy even from within walls. Rolling his dark eyes, the booted male made his way across the floor, looking for whoever was in charge of food and drink. No one seemed to look the part at first, but a girl went up to a fair young lady and supposedly started to talk to someone who was in charge of something or another. That was close enough for him.

Walking over with his wrist bands jangling above his hands and his boots thumping, the young man stepped beside the young woman. Not the really young one. She obviously wasn't in charge and wouldn't really help him much at all. However, he kept his mouth shut, seeing as both of them were busy. The younger girl was asking about some sort of Dragon school? He didn't even know that existed. He had thoroughly believe dragons were out there somewhere, growing up with Roma telling stories and tall tales and all. But there was a school?

He eyed the application paper with narrow eyes, trying to get a glimpse of what the details of this "School" is. However, there wasn't much on it at all. That certainly didn't help. The girl slowly finished her form. In response, he ran his hands through his chin length hair. He glanced at the woman who had given the girl the sheet. "Pardon my mischief, but what's the form for?" His accent present.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:55 am 

Lore master kept an eye on the man sensing the curiosity of of him.
"I am opening up The Dragonopia Academy. I accepting applicants for students and one more teacher to assist me. Yes, this is true and not a mere legend. If you wish to have a night of free room and board, please fill out an application then hand it back in to me."

The morning antics of the troupe was very tiresome to her but she had seen the whole show several times between yesterday and this morning. It was the same one each time. How ever the gypsies had the right to find a way of making money so they were allowed to do a show at The Inn.

Besides that she was not used to the perfumes and body sweat of many people nor a lot of noise. She was raised in the way of all Lore Masters. Lore Masters do not wear perfumes and was the type that kept all scents down as much as possible due to her job that she inherited.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:06 pm 

Students for the Dragonopia Academy. Half of that sounded like a children's toy store and the other half sounded like a stereotypical education system. It sounded somewhat iffy. Not in the fact that it was real, he was sure it was, but it sounded iffy on the subject matter. There wasn't a whole lot of explanation on what exactly you'd be taught. Would you simply be shown the reality of the world dragons? Would you just be given a history lesson? He didn't know, and it was for that reason that he hesitated. He eyed the pile forms, leaning against the table with a tanned arm.

The voices of the gypsies outside escalated as the doors open to let in another interested in the Inn. A bright red head came through and didn't even hesitate to hurry it's way to the table in which he was at. The head possess a feminine face, however, her expression was hard and chiseled. She glanced at him even, and although it held a plainness about it, the physicality of the expression looked like that of frustration. He merely raised an eyebrow, the woman continuing to clear the distance between her and them. She moved around the two bodies there and looked at the woman directly, a hint of a joyous smirk on her face. " Are you the one in charge of the Dragonopia applications?" She didn't even wait to ask her second question,"Is there a teaching position available?"

The young man looked at the young woman. Her clothes were a nice, soft shade of green, her corset tight and her posture perfect. Her red hair looked as if it had been neat before now but had since been toyed with, strands of the locks sticking out this and that. Her pants were a nice form of leather and her boots where heavy duty. But there was mud on her pants, but most of it was unseen by him due to it being on the back. But that was easily compensated for, for while she spoke to the woman, he leaned forward from his position slightly, spotting a vague hand shaped hand print just below her belt line. A large grin peered onto his lips.

Shaking his head, he leaned back again,"Someone getcha on the way in?" He knew exactly who it was too. However, she didn't, and because of that simply fact, the comment spurred a sudden fling of her hand, making contact with his cheek. However, his face only moved slightly, even as the skin started to turn red. She glared at the gypsy, turning back to the woman The man merely rolled his eyes with a laughed, hand gently rubbing the irritated skin on his face.

He turned to the paper again, eyeing the three woman before. A lot of woman signing up. Funny that. Casually, he slipped a paper with his fingers, finally asking the Inn Keeper,"Do you have a barrel of water available for sale? We'll pay for it in full."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:37 pm 

Lidia never heard so much commotion as he looked out the inn's window filling out the form, Never in her life had she seen such a display. The man and two women entered wearing plain and fine clothes. She was curious who they were. She had seen a Lady only once. As her village was small and rarely visited by strangers. Lidia was in aww of both women's fine dresses.

Maybe she should ask more questions after the man spoke. She looked up at him and listened, the farmer's daughter held back from snickering as she slapped the man and for good reason. Lidia saw men taking liberties they aught not.

Lidia gave the woman her paper. "Is t'ere any-ting else me s'ould know. Tis me first time going ta a school. Me knows ta letters, an reads n writes. Me knows me need polishen. Me learns fast."
She glanced at the stern woman seeking a position and remembered her mother taught her, " Do not stare and be courteous to a Lady."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 pm 

The Lore Master smiled calmly as she listened to the two. This was the part she dreaded- meeting people who may not be right for the job of Dragon Riders. Not every student will be a Dragon Rider but she preferred to have most if not all be Dragon Riders.

"If you wish to apply for Dragonopia, you must fill out this form. There will be a meeting at 3PM. After you fill out the form, I will give you a pass for a free room, free lunch dinner and breakfast. I will decide on your application and let you know at 3PM meeting if I feel like you qualify for a position in Dragonopia."

When the first female came up with her application, The Lore Master only glanced at the Name before she spoke.
"Thank you, Miss Lidia..... here is your pass for a free room, free lunch dinner and breakfast. The next thing that you need to do is get your room key and you are free until 3PM. There will be a meeting for the candidates at that time. I shall see you there."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:46 pm 

As charming as all these woman were, and they really were charming, it seemed like he couldn't get a straight answer. Not only was this Dragonopia form vague, but he didn't even get a yes or no on that water barrel. The only reason why his troupe stopped here was so they could get some water. There wagon hit a nasty lump in the road and it spilled it all and this was the only place within miles. They could go onto the next place, but who knows how far that was and they didn't want to risk anyone getting heat stroke or dehydrated, or worse. "Yeah, that's fine." He shrugged, looking at the four questions on the sheet,"But can we get some water too?"

The door opened again, the same burly man who drove the wagon only taking a step inside, calling over to the young man,"How's it going over there?"

"Well, sir." He smiled at the mud on the man's hands.

"Then why is it taking so long?" He let out a burly laugh.

"Patience is a virtue, sir." The man continued to laugh in the doorway, glancing at the red head. The older gentleman raised his eyebrows, nodding slowly at the significantly younger gentleman. The only response he got was a shake of his head and quick,"Get outta here!" The man raised his hands defensively, stepping out of the Inn again.

The young teacher watched the young man with a wary eye, grabbing a form for herself. "Do teachers have to fill out the same form?" In case she did, she pulled out her piece of charcoal to write.

The gypsy leaned against the wall again, now actually reading the form. Name- basic info. A given. Age- basic info, again. Occupation- that didn't make sense. Why did they need to know your occupation to go to school? Was it a placement thing? Nearest person for emergencies- that was a given. Reason for attending Dragonopia.

The man raised an eyebrow. What type of question is that? They used this crap to decide on who stays and who goes? How bias! How judgmental! You can't tell who a person was based on why they wanted to join the stupid school! There were a million and a half reasons why someone would want or need to join this school and not a single one of them would do the person justice. That's like telling someone if they were eligible for a job or not based on their eye colour. It didn't mean a thing.

If a girl told this woman that they wanted to go to this school because their mom told them so allow that woman to know that her mom had died a few weeks ago? That she was the bread winner for her family and that this school might, just might allow her to feed her family more than a squirrel a week? No, it does not. It doesn't say a thing. It wouldn't even let her know what that girl was feeling in that moment let alone if she should go to that school or not.

"May I borrow that when your done?" He asked the young girl who had finished her application already, gesturing to her writing utensil.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm 

Lidia looked at the expression the younger man's face as she gave her paper to the lovely lady sitting across from her. She watch as the elder man became impatient with the water. The finely dressed Lady questioned with a stern expression request about a registration paper. They all asked good questions.

Lidia looked up at the lady dressed in green, she was surprised the fine lady spoke to her. She was used to being ignored by people above a peasant. "Uh, yes Me Lady 'ere." She handed the Lady the pencil.

She spoke to the lovely lady across from her, "Lore Mistress, tankies very muc'. Lidia extended a white gloved hand, hiding he heave calloused right hand, and heavily tanned arm. Her gingham dress had short sleeve with eyelet, white trim. "Me ain't been now'ere's but me fa-ter's farm. Later, do ya mind learn'in me how ta be Lady like ya-self. Me ain't got no quams wit me wok'n 'ard and earn'n me keep, if on ta side ya learn me."
She held the items as precious gems.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 pm 

The Lore Master spoke to the one who want barrels of water first.

"There is a public pump at the center of the Village Square. Help your self to what water you want. All Draconic positions are filled by this application and what you have to say at the meeting. All the questions are to tell me what kind of a person you are. In the meeting , I'll discuss various things and see what you have to say then.

You are welcome. we can discuss that later. I'll see you at 3 PM. " she spoke to Lidia.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:19 pm 

Lidia did not look the Lore Mistress in the eyes for she was above her station. The framer's daughter smiled and dimi-curtsied. "Tankies Lore Mistress. Me will not be late and me repay ya room an food. Me always pay for me keep."

Lidia held her free pass as if it was pure gold. She skipped to the innkeepers desk and handed the slip of paper to the innkeeper.
"Lore Mistress says give tis 'ere paper to ya."

The innkeeper gave her the key and Gave her back the paper, "Ya keep this here paper for ya meals lass and ya been talk'in to tha school teacher. Ya wan't ta be a dragon maiden. Takes a lot of courage lass ta be one of then dragon riders."

Lidia gave him a big smile, "Sir, me got's to make own me own, way an me plenty strong, an me trains animals. Can't be no diffr'nt than me animals back 'ome. Thankies fur ta key."

The peasant took the paper and stuck it her dress pocket, the gave it a pat.

Lidia could not wait to attend the meeting. She never been to one. The gypsies outside were putting on another show in half an hour yelled the barker. That gave the peasant girl time to find her room and set her knapsack down. She had carried in on her back. She traveled light and easily climbed the stairs; opened the room door; and had the bedroom room all to herself. She quickly opened the door entered; set her knapsack on the floor by her bed; gave whoop and holler and jumped on the bed. It was firm and not lumpy like her feather mattress at home. She hopped up and looked under the mattress, "Me be in hogg 'eaven, the bed was made of springs and coils not rope and tis all meys." She said as she flung herself on the bed. "Me aint's gotta share wit t'ree sisters no more. Ha Hoo!"

Before Lidia exited the room, she placed the precious paper in her knapsack's side pocket; removed five silver coins from a muslin pouch; then closed and locked the door. She placed the key in her shoe; then ran down the stars. She waved to the Lore Mistress and skipped to go outside and wait for the next show. She did not have to pay anyone as she casually strolled show to show. She did not know it was a teaser for the main performance that evening.
Never before had she seen fire-eaters, twirlers, gymnasts, dancers, and musicians. She thought maybe she made a mistake not joining the troupe. She wanted to fly and learn magics more.
She stopped at a tent that said fortunes five cents. She thought a bout the small silver coin and her feet led into a simple a frame tent.

She saw a pretty lady all dressed, in a milti-colered dress, seated at a red velvet covered, round table that could seat four people. She shyly approached the table, "MeLady, ya ta fortune teller? I gots five cents an like ta know me future."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 pm 

A water pump sounded better than a barrel of water, however, he wondered whether or not they had enough containers to hold the water. But they really just needed enough water to get to the next place. The pump will do until then. "Thanks." He nodded with a smile.

The girl had turned to him as well, holding out the pencil, and he took it between his index and middle finger, nodding again with another smile. "Thank you." Twirling the pencil in his hand, he turned to the door and headed out, the sunlight hitting his skin in a wave of tingling sensations. The group had finished the song but the group didn't finish their play, the men and woman talking loudly and laughing. The young man went over to the one who had entered the Inn earlier. "There's a water pump we can use over there." He pointed to his left.

"Good lad." He laughed, patting his shoulder with a filthy hand. " How about that damsel in there, huh?"

"Oh hush up." He laughed, nudging him in the shoulder. "I paid for that stunt you pulled." He pointed to the still red skin on his face.

"You should have moved out of the way!" They both laughed. "Whacha have there?" He pointed down at the paper.

"Just a form for some Dragon school." He shrugged.

"Hey! Dragon's aren't something to take lightly son!" His face became stern. "Never take a dragon for granted!" With another pat on his shoulder, he turned away to head over to the pump.

Starting to twirl the pencil again, the young man watched for a few seconds before going over to the caravan, placing the paper on the flat surface and starting to fill it out. After doing so, he went back inside and went to the girl who had given him the pencil, offering it to her the same way he had taken it. "Thanks again." After taking it, he passed by the woman in green and placed his application on the table. "If you want better answers, try asking better questions."

On the paper is rather curly letters, it stated:

Name: Yeeru Belduun
Nearest person that would take care of you in an emergency: Algernon Thortanray
Why do you want to come to The Draconic Academy: To ensure.

"So where is the meeting taking place?" Yeeru asked.

The woman had filled out her form as well and placed it next to his. Hers stated:

Name: Jiao Rien
Nearest person that would take care of you in an emergency: Samas Rien
Why do you want to come to The Draconic Academy: I wish to apply to be a Dragonic teacher. I have learned various things about dragons because of some original dragon books that have been passed down to me over many generations by an original dragon rider. I've had lots of experience as a teacher and with my knowledge of dragons and riders, a Dragonic teaching position would be a step in the right direction.

After placing the paper down, she nodded with Yeeru, confirming the question,"Yes, where are we meeting?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:49 am 

The Lore Master raised an eyebrow then carefully read the paper.
"Perhaps a better answer could be had if one was to use one's one creativity. Thank you for the paper. Please be at the meeting at 3 PM. If your friend wants barrels, he could take the notion to buy some at the general store. This village is a poor village for it rarely have any visitors. Also here is your pass. Take it to the Inn Keeper for room and board. He will give you a key and you will have one night of free room and a lunch, dinner and breakfast tomorrow." she spoke to Yeeru.

She then turned to the lady.
"Thank you.....*slight pause after glancing at the paper* There is a meeting room on the third floor. All applicants will stay on the third floor where we will not be disturbed. There is a spell lock on that floor. Ask and you will receive what you want on that floor. Here is your pass. Take it to the Inn Keeper for room and board. He will give you a key and you will have one night of free room and a lunch, dinner and breakfast tomorrow."

By this time, The Lore Master was wishing that the day was done. She rarely spoke to anyone for she had be alone for several years. Her parents died and only left a few things for her. One of the things was a letter telling her that it was time to move on with her life for she will need the time to prepare herself. She was an obedient child and not really having any friends, it was not hard for her to leave a far away village. She had sold all that she could not carry or place on her horse. She left that spring and never looked back. Now she had to bring these strangers into her world, teach them and get them ready for their new life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:11 am 

Lidia looked at the young Gypsy lad as he handed her pencil back. "Me should 'ave asked more but me did'nt know wat ta ask. I ain't been outside me village an farm. Me heard some visit'n soldier talk', about being dragon riders an i've wanted be one ever since. I come from a large family and me moms gots a baby on ta way. Meys the 3rd oldest an me hasta make me own way. I trained the stubborest mule an rode em in a day. Ya gots ta know 'ow ta gain their trust is all. Me guess a dragon ain't no diff'ent. Tiz tat man yur Papa? That lady w'ose 'er? 'er is in fine clothes an speaks well. Me 'opes to be a Lady one day an be in fine clothes an learned. I ain't been ta school. Me 'ops ta attened this 'ere Dragon Sc'ool. W'at yas 'ere fur?"

She ask before leaving to the Gypsys performing outside.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:31 pm 

Was she saying he didn't have creativity? Was she really telling him he's not creative? Does she have any idea how hard it was to live as a gypsy? Did she understand what that represented? Gypsies in these parts lived off of scraps. They had bad reputations for stealing children and burning house, all of which are untrue. The couldn't get a job because no one will take them, they can't get a house because no one will sell them one, and they have nothing to make their way. He had to be creative to simply survive.

They didn't get to have nice, supporting beds in a square room. They got to sleep on cloth on the ground and use each other as pillows. They didn't have a stove and shelves to cook. They have an open fire, which they have to stop every meal to make, and sticks. They didn't get to be stuck up snobs who thought they couldn't know all about someone because of one dumb question. They had to laugh and sing. If they didn't, they all would have perished long ago from sorrow and grief.

She had no right to say that he couldn't be creative. He has repaired broken wheels with a rock and a tree branch. He's used a fork to repair clothing, he's used spoons to dig a fire pit and to cook food one spoon full at a time. He knew his capabilities, and being creative with what he had was all that he had. And there was no way in hell that she was going to take that away from him.

"Creativity shouldn't be spent on things that don't need it. Ma'am." His face was plain this time, brown eyes fixed onto her tired, exhausted face. His voice didn't possess the same musical tone to it as before. And with that he took his room key and left.

The woman who was beside him blinked at the two, looking uncomfortable in her current position. However, she didn't comment on the -what she would have called- argument and simply took her key, brushing her red hair out of her face. "Thank you." She made her way to the Inn keeper and then went to her room.

Yeeru tucked his thumbs into his pockets, watching the gypsies finish gathering their water in bowls, cups, and jars. They all started to pack onto the yellow wagon, however, the man from before stopped by Yeeru, questioning,"What's the matter?"

Yeeru shook his head,"Nothing. It's just I have to stay here for a while."

"Oh, do ya?" The man folded his arms on top of his large belly,"For that Dragon school of your's, hm?" Yeeru simply nodded up to him. "Well alright." He turned and went inside the caravan. However, a few moments later, he squeezed his way out, holding a small, grey bird with a green chest in his hands. It's head was covered in a small brown bag, though it's head still turned to the sides on occasions. "Just remember to write."

Yeeru laughed,"You don't even known how long I'll be gone."

"I'mma going to say 10 years?"

"What are you talking about?" Yeeru looked at him confused.

"There's a poster explaining all about it." He snickered hysterically and Yeeru simply rolled his eyes with the realization. He placed his hands under the Pigeon and held it so it couldn't fly away. " I'll write as often as a I can."

"Same here." The pair smiled at one another fondly, but the older man decided to break it. He patted his shoulder and turned to head back, being the only one left outside. He waved, as he boarded the outside seat, and with a flick of the reins, the donkey patted it's way along the road. "Be safe there, Yeeru!"

"I will!" He waved as they passed and went on their own journey. The place got significantly quieter after their leave. The Inn went back to it's bird cherping self and he sighed, looking down at the Pigeon. Hopefully it wouldn't fly to someone else's house like the last one did. Got itself killed that way.

The younger girl from inside had joined him outside and asked him several questions, all of which took him time to process. He wasn't familiar with the accent and he had to piece the words together to understand her. So he answered one at a time, starting with his father. "No." He smiled down at her.

Yeeru didn't know where his parents were currently. He knew they were alive somewhere, and usually nearby too because they often visit Algernon, however, he hadn't seen them in years. They never spoke to him in person, unlike Algernon, but they wrote letters and sent gifts and such. But no, Algernon wasn't his father. But he might as well be it. He looked after Yeeru as if he was his son, as he did with everyone in their troupe, but in the end, he knew he couldn't control Yeeru or where he went. There have been many occasions where Yeeru left for a week or a few months and then found his way back, usually with various things thy needed or just knew knowledge. So he never protested against him leaving. So he was practically his father. And very bad at it too.

The next question was who was the other woman. "Don't know." He shrugged, smiling down at her again. She was a very fine woman, sure, but Yeeru didn't like to focus on matters such as that. Algernon did, however, and always tried to get him to do such. But it just wasn't important to him.

The last one took him a second to think about. As much as he wanted to say he was here to **** that snob nose woman off, he couldn't say that because it wasn't entirely true. After moving his lips and eyebrows in thought for a bit, he looked back down at her,"I guess I'm here to find out." Looking down at the Pigeon, he shrugged,"I'm going to head to my room. Stop by if you want." He nodded to the teen and headed inside.

Before going in, he tucked the small bird under his vest on the opposite side as the lady would be, so that way should couldn't see it. He walked casually through the Inn, and if he wasn't interrupted, he would go up to his room and set his pigeon on his bed. He had lots of strings on his wrists which he had tied on as bracelets, so he simply took one off, tied an end around the Pigeons foot and one around the knob of the dresser that came with the room. "Don't want you flying away."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:49 pm 

Lidia smiled but she'd been taught not to enter anyone bedroom. If she did she get whopped by her brothers. "Thankie, me gonna go outside an see ta ruckus." Lidia had met with the fortune teller who told her she fly on the clouds; have a long prosperous life; and marry a man of meager means. The farmer's daughter was happy with her fortune and watched in wonder at the performers.

A man approched her in his 30's he wore a bightly colored vest; brown pants with green patches on the knees; and bolo felt hat. He carried a worn fiddle and yellowed bow. The man began playing for her and Lidia danced a jig. The man laughed.

When he was done, the farmer's daughter, was brethless, "May me play for ya?"

The man gave the the fiddle. She played a traditional lively song and people gather around her. She smiled and bowed when she finished the song. The group cheered for her and clapped. Travelers and by standers tossed her money. The man picked up the coins with a felt, bolo hat, and gave her the coins. Lidia was astonished and filled her dress pockets.
"Thankies"
The man with the bolo hat invited her to play that evening. "I can't promise ya but me try. Ya music be better than ta village players. Thankies, sir."
Lidia have him back the fiddle and bow.

She saw it was nearing noon by the shadow of her body. She ran to the inn and saw people heading into the inn for lunch. She saw more people registering at the table the Lore Mistress was seated.
Lidia skipped to the Lore Mistress and held out two handfuls of silver coins., "Pardon me, Lore Mistess, 'ow much me owe ya fur ta room an food? A man allowed me to play 'es fiddle and me gots coins. I ain't ever knowed people throw coins fur play'n."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm 

The Lore Master was smiling even though she wanted to scream.
"Miss Lidia, I am The Lore Master. I am the sole owner of Dragonopia and have the responsibility of leading others into a New Age of Dragon Riders."

*Mr. Yeeru, what you think is a waste of time, may one day cost you. Perhaps one day sooner than what you think.* she projected into his mind as she read his paper . She was able to reach his life force this way. If he had a magical core inside of him, he should be able to hear her mental voice.
*If you are accepted into Dragonopia, there will be much more than creative tinkering, singing, dancing and acrobatics. While those things will be good to have, I need those who can do some amazing things that no other person can do. besides that can you stay in one place for a very long time? As in at least 10 years? Are you willing to study when you prefer just to relax? Will you study in the cool of the morning, harvest crops then do your chores with ending of your day being devoted to studying? You will need all of your creativity to deal with all of this and keeping an eye on your hatchling. I'll be asking these questions and more at the meeting so be prepared.*

The Lore Master started on her work by taking out a box and placing it on the table. She open the latch and open the purple ink. A quill was checked and she proceeded to write notes on each paper until the next person or one o'clock came for that was the time she was going to break for lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:57 pm 

She saw it was nearing noon by the shadow of her body. She ran to the inn and saw people heading into the inn for lunch. She saw more people registering at the table the Lore Mistress was seated.
Lidia skipped to the Lore Mistress and held out two handfuls of silver coins., "Pardon me, Lore Mistess, 'ow much me owe ya fur ta room an food? A man allowed me to play 'es fiddle and me gots coins. I ain't ever knowed people throw coins fur play'n."

She placed a handful of coins on the table. She knew it was not enough. Lidia hoped she would get more if she played the fiddle again. She left to get lunch.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next