All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SuperVillain Weekly - IC
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:19 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Nathan Quill sat by his desk, leant comfortably back in his chair and typing away on his keyboard with one hand while sipping to a cup of coffee with the other. This week's column on evil geniuses was dedicated to Doctor Octopus, who had recently been developing an armoured exoskeleton, certainly something to give the spider a pause for thought. The interview had been extensive, but any details were to be omitted as the suit was not yet used in combat. Nathan was, however, allowed to give all the details of the interview itself. The quote check was already out of the way, and for once, Nathan didn't have to worry about the deadline. It certainly helped that his subject this week was to be found in New York, and Nathan was grateful. It had been a while since he had time to kick back and enjoy a weekend. After sending his column to the magazine's new intern for proofreading - These young and enthusiastic sprouts can be so useful - he stood up and went to the cafeteria for a little food. CrimiCon was right around the corner, and Nathan knew what that meant. All hell shall break loose here. And the new blood shall face their trial by fire. He grinned, making himself an egg & salad sandwich. And it will be magnificent.

Dr. Aaron Andrews. Formerly feared supervillain with a penchant for airborne chemical weapons, now the not-so-much-less-feared CEO of SuperVillain Weekly. This man was travelling in his jet across the Pacific, headed for the New York department of the magazine. He was still a distance away from New York International, and so he was killing time by going through sentence reports, to find out which of his favourite subjects were about to be released. He knew, of course, that the roster would be obsolete in the morning - escapes, re-captures, antics behind the bars - all the dates could change overnight. The list was probably obsolete already. But it was a bit of a guideline, especially if you knew all the inmates in question. And Dr. Andrews did. And now that all my warrants in the States have expired, I am free to relocate. I might even move the HQ to New York. He saw the "fasten seatbelt" sign light up, and so he fastened his seatbelt and anticipated his landing. He was planning to crash the offices. Sure to surprise some of the veteran employees - and intimidate the others. Oh, how I do miss the old days. But this is good, too.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:03 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"Hnmmnnn?"

Hannah let out an indecipherable groan as her phone alerted her with a cheerful bleep that she had just received a new email. Her two best friends were still sleeping like babies on either side of her, bless them. The pink-haired woman reached out and ruffled both tangled mops of hair fondly. She may have been tired and slightly hungover, but 'grumpy' was not a mood she was familiar with. With another groan and a sigh as she stretched out, she reached for her phone to check her email just in case. Sometimes, she got stuff from work. And sure enough, a new message titled 'Octopus Article' from [email protected] was waiting for her. Wow, it really was lucky that she had seen it now, so she could get started right away as soon as she actually got to the offices.

With a yelp, she realized that that should have been an hour ago. She shot up from the enormous futon she shared with the other two girls and sprinted into the bathroom for the quickest shower and change of clothes in her life.

"Wha's goin' on?" One of her half-awake friends said, wiping away some drool on her chin with the base of her palm.

"'m la'e!" Hannah mumbled around a mouthful of toothbrush. She didn't give the other a chance to reply before she sprinted out of the door - phone in one hand, toothbrush in the other.

"You're late," Daniel remarked coolly as the tan girl stopped, wheezing, at the front desk where he sat. He carefully moved a cactus out of the way so she wouldn't exhale too hard on it. Ugh, now his alignment of little succulent plants was ruined.

Hannah shot him an exasperated glare. "Really. You don't say."

"I do say," Daniel replied as he moved another plant a little further away from her. He had just spotted the still dripping toothbrush in her hand. "Do you know how bad fluoride is for plants?"

Hannah narrowed her eyes and began to very slowly move the toothbrush back and forth in the air over Dan's cacti-collection. Daniel could feel his lips transform into a pencil thin line. "Get to work, Litz," he said snappily, earning another glare that he pretended not to notice as the girl sat down at a desk a little way from him. Rearranging his plants, Dan mentally went over today's appointments in his head. They changed rapidly, but such were the trials and tribulations of journalism in a world riddled with super crimes. For now, Daniel had to keep a keen eye on the news and answer phone calls. It wasn't a bad job, as far as jobs went, but how he wished he didn't have to deal with the threat of used toothpaste.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:16 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Nathan, after finishing the creation of his sandwich, strode down to the reception desk. He had just finished his food when he arrived there, and after a brief sip of coffee, leant over the desk to address David. "Hello, my favourite inanimate answering machine. Gotten any 'help' flags today? I've time to spare." He caught a glimpse of Hannah, and chuckled. "And here's the intern now! You look a little pale, Hannah. Surely, having spent more than an hour here in that shape warrants a medical check?" He knew, of course, that Hannah had been late. He loved winding the fresh faces up a bit. He returned his attention to David. "Oh, and I need the schedule for CrimiCon. I took the liberty of making a mailgroup of all the journalists who're attending, so send it to us when you have it, hm?"

As he landed, Dr. Andrews quickly gathered his things and prepared to be taken to the offices. He had ordered a town car in advance, and found it waiting for him at the tarmac. After a brief show of passports and a luggage inspection, Andrews was in the car, cruising along the freeway to downtown New York. He saw the bustle of the city, and immediately asked the driver to stop by a burger shop on the way. "It has been far too long since I found myself able to enjoy a classic american burger." The driver nodded professionally, and after a brief visit to a drive-thru, Dr. Andrews found that he was quite content. Why, one might even mistake his satisfaction for actual happiness, if one didn't know the man.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:21 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Charlie sighed as she walked into the building. She had a cup of tea in hand as she walked in and punched in. Usually she hated going to work, but working as a photographer for SuperVillain Weekly was pretty much a dream come true. Once upstairs and in her department and office, Charlie sighed as she sat at her desk. She had a pretty full day of editing pictures ahead of her.

Her desk was pretty cluttered. But it was mostly filled with vinylpop figurines. Some of villains, some of the fandoms she was involved in. Today she wore her Doctor Who shirt instead of her black and red flannel. It was simply too hot for her to where a long sleeve shirt today. So to cover her arms, she put on her plethora of rubber bracelets. Some were brand names, some quotes from Disney movies. She had an odd way of dressing but she loved it. She put her converse covered feet on her desk and leaned back in her chair in wait for her computer to start up so she could get to work.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:57 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"Charlie's in, so maybe you could check with her which photos you want slash need for your Octopus article?" Daniel suggested as he flipped through a cluttered notebook. The writing was completely unintelligible, but Dan was apparently able to find some semblance of meaning in the scribbles. "I'll work on that list for you," he added, quietly admiring Nathan's suit. Dan had never liked wearing suits himself, but like so many others, he was very much a fan of how they looked on certain people.

"I've been here the entire time," the intern lied under her breath as she started up the desktop she had been assigned on her first day here approximately a month ago. Just in a couple more days, actually. She smiled to herself at the thought. So far, not two days had been the same here. "...and I'm fine, Mr. Quill," she added a little louder, although she had to duck her head behind her screen to hide a grimace. Could really use some water.

Clearing her throat, she left for the water cooler and returned to the article she needed to proofread a few moments later. And it was going just fine, until she happened to take a gulp of water at the same time she stumbled upon a typo. Hysterical laughter erupted from her, and she pointed wordlessly at her screen as water dripped on her bright yellow tank top.

As with all geniuses, evil or otherwise, Doctor Octopus' brain is working around the ****.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:25 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Nathan nodded at Daniel, and was about to head over to Charlie, when Hannah suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter. Perking an eyebrow, Nathan went over to her to see what she was laughing about. Seeing the line of text, Nathan sighed and quietly cursed the intern for her lack of self-control. "Very funny, Hannah. Positively hillarious. If you have the time to laugh at an unfortunate typo - and the doc gave off a vibe that makes me suggest the typo is actually correct - maybe you ought to spend it actually correcting it, hm? Remember, if the column is flawed, the subject might get angry. And he lives in New York, you know." On that comment, Nathan headed upstairs. He just stepped into the elevator a single second too early to notice the large man entering the front door.

Dr. Andrews, having finished his burger and made doubly sure there were no bits of said burger stuck to his face or tailored suit, stepped through the front door of SuperVillain Weekly's New York office. He hadn't set foot in the states for near a decade and a half, but a photograph of him was hanging over the wall. Granted, he was wearing a lab coat and goggles, but he was still the same man. He walked up to the reception, and saw Hannah recovering from her hysteria. He scoffed, and addressed David. "Is this scene one that greets everyone who walks through those doors?" His voice was loud and soft at the same time, his facial expression a mix of mild annoyance and bloodlusty rage. The temperature in the room seemed to drop a few degrees.

The Shards United!..?