All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 am 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

April 17th, 1800
The well known archeologist Doctor Thomas Westlake marries Miss Miranda Lawson today. They will be returning to Egypt where Doctor Westlake is working on an excavation site. They happy couple will enjoy a cruise to Egypt where Doctor Westlake and Mrs. Westlake plan on spending the two to three years uncovering more of the tombs treasure.
April 10th, 1802

Miranda Westlake was fully and truly exhausted. The last visitor had just left and she was finally alone… well, alone except for the few servants that were left. She walked to her room with her maid, Ann following her. Tomorrow will be the reading of the will and more so called family. Family who wanted to know where this piece and that piece was going to whom. She couldn’t and would tell anyone about the Will. She knew what was in the last will for Thomas showed her a copy of the will. She knew exactly where the will was hid. It will be a dreadful day. She would inherit all of the money and property. And that is why she asked for the reading of the will be done in the lawyer’s office. She was assured that it would be arranged as she wished. She only wished that she did not have to go for the reading of the will.
Tomorrow after the formal reading ……
She returned to her home after the chaotic uproar in the lawyer’s office. She was named the sole and whole recipient of the will. She already had the house ready to close up. She had moved her belongings downstairs and it would take just a few days to close the upstairs off. She wanted to be left alone with her home and money. All that any of them wanted was the money and or some of the valuable items in the house. Everything would be taken and hid until she was ready for the items to be brought out once more. There are rooms that were well hidden.
She picked up the photo of their wedding. A distinguished looking man was standing next to a blushing bride. Under the picture was a tag with engraving- Dr. Thomas Westlake and Mrs. Miranda Westlake. Married on April 17, 1800. She placed the photo back on the mantle place above the fireplace. The house would be so lonely without Thomas. She did not know what to do.
Of course she would take a year or two of solitary life as was custom to grieving widows. The she would decide what do with the rest of her life. She was only 22 after all!

April 20th, 1805
Miranda was much more older looking then she was three years ago when she was last in this office. More mature as well. Traveling with only her maid was not exactly unheard of but for three years? Three years at the excavating site where her beloved husband was killed in an accident was not unkind to her. She was even more beautiful now than when she was married. Perhaps it was the confidence in herself and the independence that she acquired while she was in Egypt.
The lawyer came out of the office with another client. It was RichardWestlake, Thomas’ brother. He did not look very well at the moment. Robert nodded at Miranda and left without a word.
The lawyer placed a folder on the desk and picked up another one.
“Come into my office, Mrs. Westlake. I trust you are well.” He spoke as he held the door open to a conference room.
They sat in the conference room where various papers were arranged so that both of them could see what was what including the renovations in her house. She signed the paperwork and everything would be done in a few weeks.

June 1st, 1805
Miranda had chosen her first few candidates and was well settled down in her newly remodeled home. Now she had her own study and private parlor as well as a formal parlor and a front parlor where visitors will come to visit. Upstairs would be for the females who were coming to stay with her. She could house up to six females. On the third floor are the rooms for the servants.
Now all she has to do is to wait for her guests.

Last edited by The Creator 7 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Emily Winters rode in a horse and carriage down the street. She had been accused of witchcraft which may or may not be true, Emily was a beautiful girl and she knows it well. She carries herself with high self esteem and doesn't care who knows it, she had always been raised right to be a proper lady.

The carriage came to a stop in front of the home, the driver opened her door and Emily stepped out onto the street, she looked up at the house. 'So beautiful' she thought to herself. The driver of the carriage helped with her luggage to the door, she had a lot of boxes, cases and bags filled with all of her custom made dresses. Emily reached out to the big door and knocked softly, she awaited for the woman by the name Miranda to open the door so Emily could start her life and find love.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 pm 

"Hey get the hell back here!" Thomas screamed at the boy he was chasing. He was busy working on a investigation when this kid pick pocketed him in front of at least five other cops like it was nothing. He chased the boy around the corner of a alleyway that led out into a street with mansion at the corner. He watched the boy scramble up the wall of the mansion and into one of the windows. "How the hell does he even do that!?" He exclaimed walking to the front of the house where a girl stood. He barley looked at her and moved to the door. "Open up NOW" He screamed banging hard on the door with his fist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:37 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Emily waited for the door to open, not long after knocking a man hurried up to the door and started to bang on it. Emily was confused, she tried to talk to the man, "Excuse me sir? What is going on?" Her voice was sweet and angelic, another reason why children loved her so much. She had a heart of gold.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:47 pm 

Thomas banged on the door again, a bit softer this time. He looked over at the woman who was addressing him. As he turned around to look at her he gave a little smile, she certainly was beautiful. "Some kid pick pocketed me" He said turning back to the door this time knocking. "And he ran into this house, but just because he's rich he shouldn't think I'm not dragging his ass too jail"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:53 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Emily smiled softly and shook her head. "Children need to be reprimanded for bad behavior, but I don't think putting the lad in a jail cell at such a young age is appropriate. Talk to the parents, if he's rich then he will be punished enough by the parents." Emily smiled her pretty smile like always she was a school teacher and always knew how to control children.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:59 pm 

Thomas smirked. "No his parents will just tell him to not do it again that won't help, but if I put him in a jail cell with a few criminals he'll change his tune very quickly" He knocked on the door again. "See? they don't even want to open the door for me"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:59 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

"Maybe, maybe not." Emily shrugged and looked at the door with a sigh. "Maybe I should come back another day if she's not at home." Emily tucked a piece of hair back into her bun.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:03 pm 

Thomas raised an eyebrow and looked over at the woman. "So why are you here?" He asked leaning against a wall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Emily sighed softly, she wasn't one to share her feelings to someone she just met but this man was different. "I guess you can say this woman in staying with is helping me find love. It sounds crazy but I'm kind of bad at finding love." Emily laughed lightly, the sun was making her hot, so she opened her parasol and held it over her.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:14 pm 

Thomas smiled at the woman. "I'm pretty sure a lot of men, especially the nobles would jump at the chance to wed such a beautiful woman" He said with a laugh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:16 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Emily laughed softly and blushed. "Oh thank you." She blushed more. "Might I ask your name sir?" Her blue eyes shimmered softly as she smiled.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:22 pm 

"I'm Thomas, head detective for the police department" Thomas said standing up from the wall. "And you?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:29 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

"Emily Winters." She smiled once again, it was nice to meet someone who was actually nice to her after the whole witchcraft incident. She was an outcast for years but now people were actually being kind to her.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 pm 

"Well then it's nice to meet you Emily" Thomas said pretending to take off a hat and bowing slightly. "I don't mean to pry, but tell me how does this help to find love thing work?" He asked standing back up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:15 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Emily laughed softly, she found this man silly, and odd but he was sweet. "I honestly don't know, I'm just a candidate here." She smiled again explaining.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:40 pm 

"Well I still don't see how you need help, you seem to be doing just fine" Thomas said with a wink. He then turned his attention back to the door and tryed too peep through the post slip. "I really need my dam wallet back" He mumbled.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:25 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

A maid hurried to the door while a butler was holding the ear of a young scallywag and admonishing him..

"Good day to you both. Please step inside but please wait in the hall for a minute or two please." The maid curtseyed as she held the door open for the two persons on the step.

The butler was having a bit of trouble with the young scallywag so he hauled him up by the seat of his breeches and marched him into the office except that he put his feet on the clean white wall of Mrs. Miranda Westlake's newly painted door.

"James, place that young scallywag in the scullery for a while, please. After I have attended to the guests, I shall attend to him. He shall have to do some cleaning before we send for his parents. He needs to be taught a definite lesson that he shall remember." Miranda spoke with a certain no nonsense firm voice reserve for those who were in trouble.

"Yes, Mrs. Westlake." James spoke as he manhandled the young man towards the back of the house.

"I am sorry for the young man's rudeness. I am Mrs. Westlake. How may I help you?" she spoke in her soft voice yet firm voice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:29 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Emily smiled as the door opened and she stepped inside with Thomas. She watched as the young boy was hauled away by the butler, she gasped lightly as the boy dirtied the door. She shook her head and her long blonde hair waved side to side. She looked at Mrs. Westlake and smiled softly. "Emily Winters, I sent you a letter a while ago." She curtsied lightly for the woman.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 pm 

"I'm here for the kid" Thomas said taking out his badge. "So I'll just take him and be on my way"