All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sword Art Online II
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm 

Blog: View Blog (13)

Again Boxer's good spirits always brought a smile to her face. But one thought wouldn't leave her alone. "How did I do?" Zelena asked, wanting a second opinion. "I felt like I just got lucky, I mean if Scotty knew what I was doing then, I don't know what I would have done. I have a few ideas but. . ." She paused mid-sentence as she started to think up of strategies. This was one of her bad habits of always over thinking, or strategize when she should just relax, but Zelena always found it hard to completely relax, they were in a death game after all, and as the only new player in the group she needed to work harder to pull her own weight.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 am 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Boxer looked back at Zelena, then placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled.
"Well, considering you won I'd say you did pretty good. Luck is an integral part of a fight. As long as the two people are of equal skill and strength, then luck is the key determiner of the winner. And since Scotty had had you beet in the power department for a while, I'd say those late night training sessions have worked out well."
Boxer cringe, removing his hand slightly.
"Damn it, you weren't supposed to know we knew about that."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:15 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

May sat down and changed her clothing as well. Instead of all of her armor she just wore a simple skirt with a shirt. She shrugged and looked at Scotty. "What are you getting?" She smiled at him. It was nice to have a little bit of alone time with him.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:22 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Scotty thought for a second. "Well as the taste things here are a bit different you have to order or at least mix a lot of things in to get what you really want. Umm anyways I'll just get a sandwich, and something to drink. Nothing to big for me really." He smiled, placing his order down. Then await May's order. "Anyways I hope you are ready for tomorrow? It will be one hell of a fight!" He laughed softly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:58 pm 

Zelena's eyes widened with horror. "What?" She asked almost disbelieving. "You guys knew? When? When did you guys find out?" Taking a step forward she looked Boxer square in the eyes waiting for an answer. She felt embarrassed and stupid to think that all this time she was sneaking past the team, if they knew the whole time, Zelena shook her head, she couldn't stand the embarrassment. All she wanted to do now was hide.

Covering her face with her hands, Zelena turned away from Boxer and said, "Actually, never mind, I don't want to know." Recovering a little, she walked past Boxer and towards the general direction he was going in for the restaurant. As she walked her mind kept going to the question of what her team thought of her now. Did they think it was rude of her to go off on her own to practice, or typical for a new player like her to need to do late practices. Whatever the answer, she didn't want them to know why she was working herself so hard, she didn't want to worry anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:37 pm 

I have returned

"Well actually, Reaper does late night practicing as well." Boxer said, before Zelena had time to cut him off. Deciding that the damage was already done, he continued anyways, since at least it would make it better.
"Reaper never sleeps, as far as I can tell, and so he spends all night every night practicing. One night he opened up his menu to get out some food and noticed that you were up. He told me and Blacksmith, and we decided not to bother you about it, since it could make you embarrassed." Boxer put a hand on Zelena's shoulder, stopping her.

"To tell you the truth I'm impressed. You've put in extra time that you could have spent sleeping just to practice. Personally, I'd never be able to give up nap time for training, no matter how far behind I thought I was. And like I said, it is definitely paying off. Usually a shield user would wipe the floor with a swordsman, but all your training has allowed you to literally go around it before he could catch up. That's pretty impressive you know."

Boxer patted Zelena's shoulder. He then slid his arm around her shoulders and walked her towards the diner, which he could now.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:11 am 

Zelena blushed at Boxer's comments but allowed him to guide her as she thought more about what he said. She started to worry again if she'll be good enough, not just in sparring, but to be good enough to survive the games. She was actually fairly quiet.

When they entered the restaurant, she started to relax with the fancy atmosphere. Although small, it was elevated and the wide windows provided a lovely view of the city. The chairs were cushioned and comfortable, and pure white clothes draped the tables. What Zelena loved the most where the crystal lights the hung from the ceiling.

Homesickness washed over her and Zelena started to feel down, she really missed the dinners she had with her family. Shaking her head, she wiped the thoughts away refusing to fall into despair.

"Um Boxer?" Zelena started to talk as they were taking their seats. "If you don't mind me asking, you said that Reaper never sleeps?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:48 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

May shrugged. "I'll get the same." She smiled softly. After a minute of silence she responded to the question. "I'm a bit on edge about it. What if the creator was lying to us and we actually die...? There was something about him that was in his voice that I couldn't trust." She reached across the table and took Scotty's hand into hers. She smiled a bit sadly and looked at him. "To be honest, I'm scared. I know that we can do it. But I just can't help but feel terrified for everyone." She sighed softly.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 pm 

I have returned

Boxer had just taken off his coat and sat down when Zelena asked her question.
"Oh, yeah I guess you wouldn't know that. You see, he kinda unintentionally takes advantage of a glitch in the games system. So, you know the energy stat, the one that determines how awake you are? Well, it's tied to your health stat, the more health you have the more energy you have. Whenever your health stat increases the energy stat also increases, and of such the amount of energy you have increases a little bit as well." Boxer paused for a moment, both to let Zelena absorb the information and to take a drink of water. Boxer emptied the cup in one swig, placing it back down and continuing.
"Now, usually that little increase in energy is so small that it doesn't matter, but because of Reaper's ring, he is constantly gaining energy. Not very fast, mind you, but just fast enough that his energy is always about the same amount. As long as he keeps killing things he'll never run out. That's why he never relaxes, he's always training because if he doesn't he could go to sleep." Boxer picked up menu and started searching through the beverage section.
"Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on wine? Red or white? I've never tried it but I'd like to, I just have no idea what to get."

--------------

Reaper tilted his head slightly has he looked down on the small creature that had just impaled him. It was apparently a gnoll, though it looked more like some kind of goblin with a tail. He grabbed the creature by the throat and tossed it back into the rest of it's friends, killing the projectile and one of it's brethren. Reaper rubbed the side of his head again, an insatiable itch on his ear had been bugging him for a while now. As the second swarm of tailed goblins charged him Reaper cut the down with a large swipe of his scythe. He needed stronger prey to prepare for tomorrow. And he also needed whoever was talking about him to shut it.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:36 am 

For a few seconds, Zelena was quiet, letting what Boxer told her about Reaper sink in. She never would have thought to take advantage of a glitch, it seems very useful but Zelena couldn't help but worry a bit of Reaper's well being. Sure this was a game, but a good nights rest is something that not only helps the body but also the mind. She sighed figuring that nothing could be done for the time being, what could she do after all, she is new to this sort of world.

Her attention turning back to Boxer's question, she gave a sheepish grin. "I've only tried both red and white wine once. I prefer white wine. But if you want to, you can order red and if you don't like it, you can take my white wine since I'll order that." Her mind reminisced the time her father allowed her to drink, remembering her father caused her spirits to sink and her expression changed to sadness.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 pm 

White Fox sat on a tree branch, eyes closed listening. He was waiting, waiting for the one he hunted to make a move. He knew the man was hiding at the moment, taking a much needed break from the chase. This had been going on what? three days now. Fox knew he was within a few hundred feet, smart enough to keep his breathing shallow so it wouldn't be heard. But this was growing tiresome. Fox stood to his feet, still on the branch, and opened his eyes. He held his right palm up in front of him and spoke the words "Ek kalla fimm fiskr, brjóta ljúga galdr" As he said the words, yellow words of power circled around him as he formed the spell. Once completed, five little fox's were dancing around in his hand. "Find him" with that, the fox's scattered in all directions. Sure enough, within a minute, one fox was circling in the air in triumph.

Immediately Fox jumped off the branch and dashed towards the hiding prey. Of course the man knew he was found and had already started running again. Now Fox could hear the mans armor clanking as he closed in. The man rushed into a clearing ahead and Fox decided to conceal his form. Once again, he raised his right hand in front of himself and the words formed around him. " Þeír hræða nótt dýpt, renn helvegr." Fox's body then took on the form of a massive wolf. As the man ran, he tripped over a pile of what looked like dead goblins. That was all it took, within seconds Fox was on him and had bitten into him until he vanished from view, being sent to the farming level. Fox then let the spell go, returning to human form. He did not even notice the other man with the scythe standing in the clearing. He cracked some joints and stretched as he finally noticed the other man. He turned to face the new player, ready for anything.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:46 am 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Scotty smiled and squeezed May's hand. "I would be laying if I told you that I wasn't scared either, I think we all are.. I mean once more we are trapped with in game, no one can really trust that man who Is running this game... Those players are either dead or traped somewhere that we have to fight to get at." He sighed softly and looked down at the table, the boy was torn once more. He was trapped from the outside world, it didn't matter that the. Outside world hated him, he just missed it. But he was sure that the real world did not notice his disappearing again.

After a few seconds Scotty looked up at the girl and smiled. "You know.. I was thinking our group really should come a Clan.. That way we can be all safe together and have a real leader, haha. Plus I can show everyone the thing I was drawing."

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:19 pm 

I have returned

Boxer nodded, looking back over the list of wines.
"All right lets do that. I think I'll get a albino boar steak to go with it. How bout you?" Boxer looked up to see Zelena's sad expression.
"Sorry I reminded you about IRL, in truth I can't relate. I'm not on good terms with my family, and my job kinda sucks. In truth, I'm happier in here than out there." Boxer then leaned back, looking off into the distance.
"Though there are a few things I really miss. I had a three year old niece when the first game happened. She was so cute, and I adored her. I came out and she was 6, she barely even remembered me, I think she thought I was gone for good. Now she's 11, and if things go the same way a last time she might be 14 by the time I get out. I'm gonna miss her growing up, and that's something you can't get back."
Boxer sighed, then looked at Zelena and smiled.
"But if we focus on what we miss then we'll miss what's happening around us. I met a couple in the last game. They had no idea the other existed before, but once inside they fell in love. I hope they didn't come back in, but if they did I know they'll be ok." Boxer smiled, the two of them were perfect for each other. Sometimes the game isn't so bad.

-----

Reaper was looking at his gear when the man ran into the clearing. He tripped over the corpse of the gnolls, and was immediately pounced on by a large white wolf. Reaper raised his weapon slowly, preparing to defend himself when the creature saw him. But then it turned into a man, and Reaper realized the man had a Druid perk, one of the few magic perks that were added to the game. As the man noticed him, Reaper talked in a soft voice across the clearing.
"Why did you kill him? Lie and I rip you apart." Reaper held his scythe next to the head, the staff across his back and the blade pointing in the opposite direction. It was the set up for one of his most brutal combos, impromptu guillotine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:01 pm 

Zelena quickly ordered, "Oh, I'd like to have a Panareze Paella. Thank you."

Looking back to Boxer she listened intently to his story. It was clear that he preferred life in SAO over real life, but he did see the few gems in life he'll never find in the game. However, learning about the couple does have it's bright sides of experiencing things even real life cannot provide. To Zelena, Boxer had a good way of balancing the good with the bad, it helped her be more at ease.

Her eyes lowered in thought at the napkin neatly folded on the table. She busied herself with unfolding it gently before placing the cloth on her lap. "I am the youngest of two over protective brothers." A sad smile crossed her face but she kept an expression of complete calm. "And I come from very a rich family, so a lot of my life was carefree and easy. But controlled. I couldn't leave the house without a body guard and my opinion on the family business didn't matter because my brothers are the ones who will take over. So I miss my life, but I wasn't really doing anything important at the moment."

Zelena looked to Boxer and gave him a gentle smile before lowering her eyes. "So you're completely right about focusing on the now. Being in this game." Zelena paused to have a good look around as if she was just noticing her surroundings for the first time. "I feel the most free here, I'm a different- maybe even stronger person here."

Feeling her spirits lift she looked to Boxer with a brighter smile. "Let's do our best to beat the game."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

May gave a smile when Scotty squeezed her hand. She looked up at the boy.
"It's been this long and we're just now getting together." She smirked. "Where have you been all my life?" She smiled and gave a laugh before turning to a more serious note.

"I feel like becoming a clan would be more efficient. We'd have to talk it out with the group first to see if they're down for it." Another smile. "What were you drawing anyway?" She squinted softly. She had seen him draw before but he was a bit determined to keep what he was drawing somewhat of a secret.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:24 pm 

In his head, Duality considered the group he saw from his perch on a high tree branch, one half calculating who among the group was the strongest, the other contemplating what his poison would do if he threw it into a campfire. He decided to wait and see what the groups would do next and react accordingly.