All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: DRAGONOPIA the RP!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:06 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Lidia was excited for her first day of class. She had placed Nebula on a pillow made of soft down covered in a blue cotton cloth. The little dragon looked peaceful under the green and red plaid blanket shed made before her home.

The student for got she was not at home and the cave-house was pitch dark. She was used to waking up at dawn and seeing the sunrise as she fed the horses, pigs, and gathered eggs. She let Nebula sleep a few more minutes as she washed at a basin her face, hands, and unexposed parts. She had not fully set up house. She was glad to have a dresser, a mirror she propped up, give to her by her grandmother. With such a large family, everyone tried to give little things for light travel. She was happy to have the gypsies to buy most necessities and a few frivolities.

She lit a candle on a candle holder she used in her room on the farm. Her farmstead was 1000 acers. It was shared by uncles. aunts, and cousins. Every year each family chose the crops and rotated the land between farming and sheep, cows, and horses. The cows were used for the town's supply of milk.

Lidia chose to dress in working clothes before she went to class. She tied a scarf in the long golden hair. She donned on a cotton collarless shirt and a pair of overalls. She had hung her clothes the night before in a simple carved armor. She did not thing she should have luxury items. Her father taught her "simplicity is 'ow life au't be lived."

Lidia lit an oil lamp one the kitchen table. She thought about breakfast and what was easy to fix. *Eggs au't be fresh. I will go collect eggs, water, me gots bread n butter. Nebula can 'ave apples, meat, an toast. Me bought pastries, sausages, an fresh orange would be lovely. Me saw an orange grove across the stream w'ere me fetched water. The chicken s'ack is just a few ways east of the cave.*

She checked the old baby clock on the mantel the time was 5:00. *Meh au't to wake up Nebola.*

Lidia slung a dock cloth over her neck; it made a collecting pouch over her stomach. She gabbed a basket and placed a muslin cloth inside and folded nicely.The farmer's daughter placed the basket over her left arm and grabbed the bucket for water.
"Nebi hun, sweetie, sorry to wake ya.Me leavin' to gets eggs, oranges, an water. If ya want to stay n sleep it is fine or ya may go wit me. Lidia 'ill fix breakfast w'en meh get back."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:03 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

Nebula opened one eye, snorted and then promptly went back to sleep. Maybe when he had breakfast he would be more active, but for now he would sleep.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:59 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Lidia saw that Nebula was remaining in his bed. The farmer's daughter returned after gathering the items and she watched to sunrise as she gathered oranges. She did not have an orange grove as her home too far north. Having fresh oranges was a treat. She filled the bucket half way and set for new home. When she entered the cave-house, she called to Nebula, "Lidia be home. Me gots eggs, oranges, bacon, and can fix apples with cinnamon. Ya 'ungry?"

Lidia set the items down. She set 4 eggs out of the basket; then set the basket in the floor. Lidia removed 6 oranges from the sling; then set the sling in a chair. She had four apples in a bag-of-holding and removed one large red apple. The cinnamon stick was in a draw-string cotton sack and she removed a stick and found a small grater. A 1lb. block of applewood bacon was in a large sheet of butcher paper. She cut four thick slices and set them in an a cast iron pan on the table.

Lidia had a stack of bowls and used one for washing the brown speckled eggs. Another held the cracked yokes. One more for the sliced apples with grated cinnamon and pat of butter. The butter she kept in a special box with a block of ice.

She used the kindling to light a fire and made bacon, baked apples, and scrambled eggs on the wood stove. She set the food on plates and pealed an orange for Nebula and squeezed orange juice into a mason jar. She placed the plates on the table and set a bowl of fresh spring water for Nebula.

She rummaged in a cloth drawstring bag for silverware then set the table.

"Nebula, breakfast is ready my little one."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:31 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Princess was being lazy and snoozing in the early morning light. Mystique had already ate and fed Princess. Now she had to get her dragon to class.
"Come along now, we need to get to the main room so that I can teach all about dragons. "

Princess grumbled but Mystique simply levitated her upwards and took her soft bed away.
"Time for sleeping is over. If you want any lunch, you had best follow me quickly. I am leaving for the main cave."

Once Mystique left, Princess followed slowly. Mystique set up to do the class work of the day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19