All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jurgen Siberius stands at the entrance of the cave, and turns south, facing his team.

"Behind us is the entrance to the single largest cavernous structure in the kingdom," he warns. "No explorer, of all of the brave and stupid who have tried, has ever walked through every tunnel within, let alone lived to tell the tale. If you dare to enter the cave, be prepared to surrender your hope, your sanity, and possibly some of your stomach's contents as well."

He turns north to face the entrance. Nearly tripping on a tiny pebble in front of him, he slowly enters, beckoning to his team to follow his lead.

(OOC: The OOC thread can be found here.)

The needless complication of the template appended to each of my posts? My signature characteristic.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:12 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Layla scoffs and follows Jurgen into the cave.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:19 pm 

Jurgen smiles and waits for the others to enter.

"All right," he says, in the booming voice of a mountaineer. "I guess that means we're prepared."

The needless complication of the template appended to each of my posts? My signature characteristic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:53 am 

Location: In the Aloha State, drinking Aloha water, living Aloha.

Vinnie nods and follows their leader. "An assassin is always prepared." He says as he waves his book. It falls out of his hands and he scrambles to grab it, sighing when he does. Straightening up, he continues to walk into the cave.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:06 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Layla laughs, having caught sight of that. "Hopefully that is the only thing you drop on the expedition."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:35 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

Fenris cracks his neck, "Well let us commence the plundering!", and strolls in along with the others.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:05 pm 

The four expedition members look around the cavern they have entered. The room, a few meters long and wide with plenty of headroom, is illuminated with the sunlight pouring through the entrance on its south side. Boxes - likely brought to the cave by past explorers - litter the room, and a particularly large one sits in front of the northbound cavern path.

Jurgen turns his back on the rest for a moment and starts rummaging around in the crates, looking for additional supplies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:48 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Layla approaches the large box in front of the northbound cavern path.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:55 pm 

As Layla approaches the box, a cartoonish face appears on it and it begins to speak.

"Hi, I'm Woody the Wooden Crate!" it somehow says.

"Hmm?" Jurgen looks up at the unexpected noise. "Oh," he says, bored, "it's just been animated, that's all. You can get it out of your way however you'd like."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:56 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Great, so that means there is nothing inside it," Layla grumbled as she moved to start pushing the crate out of the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:06 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Fenris sys, "Let me help!" And shoots the box with lightening bolts.

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm 

The box is hit by the bolts, and lets out a horrifying, blood-curdling scream as it shatters into millions of tiny pieces. The lightning bolts, though nearly close enough to singe Layla, too, leave her unharmed.

Jurgen is deathly silent at the sight of this - he's shocked, one might say.

In any case, the way forward is now clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Layla put up her arms to block the splinters of wood, feeling the skin singed from the bolts, and turning her head to yell at Fenris, "You are an idiot and nearly fried me!" No concern for the box was noted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm 

"Ain't likely," announced Jurgen, wandering over to investigate Woody's ashen remains. "If there's one thing I know about wizards, it's that they're squishy - if you can't survive a hit from a spell like that one there, it means y'ain't got near enuff magic resistance."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:33 am 

Vinnie picked up a singed board from the remains of Mr. Crate. "Still, that was a pretty brutal spell you cast. I almost feel bad for the...uh...box guy?" He tosses the board unceremoniously over his shoulder and walks toward the new found path, stepping over a few more pieces of box corpse. "Yeesh."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:00 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Fenris shrugged off the wildly untrue accusation of idiocy from his shoulders and picked up a piece of wooden shrapnel. "Sweet. Scrambles!" He turned to his dragony friend. "First kill!" Fenris then walked over the boxy corpse and entered the hallway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:41 pm 

Jurgen quickly prepares and lights a lantern while following the rest of his team into the passageway.

The cavern they enter is of a similar size to the first, but not as well illuminated nor is much of anything strewn about. As before, there is a crevice leading to another cavern to the north.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:04 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Men," Layla huffed as she kicked away a box splinter and followed the others down the path and into the cavern.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 am 

Vinnie enters the new room, looking for anything suspicious. "I think we got off easy with that. It's probably best to be careful from now on." He notices a few spiders on the wall and twitches. They weren't near him so it wasn't that bad, but he made sure to keep away from the wall.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm 

Jurgen finds a dry, flat space on the ground inside the cavern, sets his lantern down, and begins scribbling a map on some parchment he brought.

"Two caverns down," he says boisterously, "a whole lot to go. Hahaha!"

He gets back up and surveys the surroundings more closely.