All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magic the Gathering IC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 am 

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

This thread is going off of the familiar card game Magic the Gathering. see the OOC for more details.

this Rp takes place on the plane of Alara the shard of Naya see this link for more details about the plane.

Ajani stepped out of the forest edge onto the great wheat plains. Peaceful it was, calm and balanced. He enjoyed staying here. The wind blew hard against his fur that soothed him, relaxing his muscles. he longed for this peace and calmness for a long time and finally he received it.

Red vs. Blue Epic Rap battle

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith Spiritsong prepared his reagents, grinning to himself as he thought of the wonders he was about to see. He had felt the presence of a large plane with plenty of energies, and was eager to see it. Muttering his incantation, he began to glow, his already ebony skin turning as white as the sun. Opening the dimentional rift, he stepped through, feeling his very being stretch and zip through the eerie fabric of the æther. As he opened his eyes, he saw a wall of orange. Wheat. Did I planeswalk into a wheat field? The energies in the ground certainly felt like it. Azerith hummed. He began running through the field, disturbing nary a single strand of wheat, looking for someplace high to get an overview of the situation. As he was still adjusting to the reality of this new plane, he was completely oblivious to any other presences nearby, though his own aura could be easily felt.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 am 

Supporter (1)

Ajani turned his head seeing a bright light in the field, noticing it as another rift. He crouched down toward the ground trying to hide his white fur among the light colored wheat. He could hear the footsteps of another though he could not see him. The aura around this newcomer was strong and to Ajani very unexpected. He knew the other was coming straight toward him and he smiled that the newcomer did not notice him. Ajani waited until the last moment to stand revealing himself to the planeswalker blocking the newcomer's path.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith noticed Ajani a split second before he'd crash into him, preventing the collision only by leaping and doing a spin over the cat's head. If the cat decided not to intercept him, he'd land elegantly on his feet, looking at Ajani impassively, as if waiting for him to make the first move, friendly or hostile.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am 

Supporter (1)

Ajani turned sharply about, but not making any move toward the newcomer as he landed back down to the ground. He held his gaze for a few moments looking over the planeswalker before him. Smaller than he but fast and quick the aruas around him were odd and unnerving to Ajani. for a few minutes they stood in silance watching each other deciding if they be friends or foes. Finally Ajani spoke, not wanting to disturb the peace here on this plane, as a friend.
"Welcome to Naya Planeswalker, My name is Ajani." he said holding out his hand in greeting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:52 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith looked at the hand, recognizing the language as one used by many planeswalkers. He did not even know where the language was from, but he spoke it fluently. He looked at Ajani again for a while, before his apprehensive facial expression is replaced with a smile. He takes the hand, nodding. "Azerith Spiritsong of the Kor. Thank you for the gracious greeting. So this is Naya? Pardon my ignorance, I do not know much about it. I have not travelled the Æther for long, I am afraid."

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am 

Supporter (1)

Ajani smiled warmly back. "As was I in the beginning." he stated then turned looking out toward the vast wheat fields. "And yes this is Naya It is one of the most peaceful planes of the shards of Alara. Home to elves, humans, and a few tribes of Leonin. What brings you here Azerith of Kor?" he asked turning back toward Azerith, letting his massive paw like hands rub up against the soft wheat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith pondered that for a moment. Indeed, why was he here? It was difficult to answer, for there were so many small reasons, but no overarching, dominant one.
"Well, my best answer would be vain curiosity. And I felt a large amount of bright and primal energies from this plane. I am an auramancer, see. I specialize in umbra spells, those of the light and the woods. And I am also looking for whatever knowledge I can about Ravnica, for I dream of one day visiting the sanctuaries of the Selesnya Conclave."
He smiled at Ajani, his youthful eyes glimmering with dreams. Quite possibly, he could wield these dreams in combat, something any seasoned planeswalker would be able to guess.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:37 am 

Supporter (1)

Ajani chuckled not as an insult but of acceptance and pride. "Curiosity leads men to adventures and unseen dangers. You have a good dream for one so young the journey to Ravnica is long and enduring. But you do have more energy than most young planeswalkers I have encountered you may just make those dreams reality." Ajani smiled warmly. It was good to see the young have such high dreams. "I too wish to go back to the city of Ravnica but I must help my home tribe rebuild and destroy these Minotaur clans that have taken over the plains of this world." He turned and started walking back toward the forest. He paused and looked back at Azerith, "Perhaps if you help me with this, I will lead you to Ravnica."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith grinned at Ajani, quite clearly taking to the energies of this foreign plane with relative ease.
"Making dreams rality is what I do best. I have already attuned myself to these fields, but in order to be of any real use to you, I must attune myself to a forest or two as well."
Showing that he has indeed attuned himself to his land, he utters an incantation in his native tongue. Immediately thereafter, a female Kor materializes next to him, a spiritdancer. She looks to her kinsman with a perked eyebrow. Azerith looks at her, shrugging.
"Better to be safe than sorry."
Taking a deep breath to replenish the mana he just expended, Azerith looks to Ajani, as if urging him to lead the way.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 am 

Supporter (1)

Ajani smiled warmly. Then started walking into the forest. "We have a bit of a walk toward the tribe. So I will tell you a few things you need to know before meeting the tribe." he pause as he ducked under a fallen tree. "First don't look into the Kha's eyes, The Kha is the leader of the tribe, if you down immediately look down as if bowing your head otherwise his guards will attack you or worse he will challenge you. You are not Leonin so you must follow that rule. Second don't have any ideas with flirting with the females most if not all have mates and unless you want a dagger in the back, best stay clear of them. Lastly don't go anywhere without a guard or me, unless you are prepared to be attacked." Ajani finished as he began climbing up a cliff side.
"Now that I thing about it we will have to go to the Mirrodin Plane to move on the Ravnica. I wonder if Kemba Kha is still fighting there." He paused in his own thoughts. Then shook his head and continued up the cliff. "Any questions?" he asked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:07 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith thought about that for a moment.
"Only one. If it happens that hostilities commence, I will defend myself. I will of course do my outmost not to cause any... lasting harm, to any of your tribesfolk. But should everything go south, where's the place they'll have the hardest time finding me?"
Attuning to the areas around him, the spiritdancer he summoned before suddenly lets off three distinct presences, and looking back at her, one can see an incredible amount of muscle and a sort of white burning set of armour on the woman. Ajani may be able to recognize the Spirit Mantle and Rancor spells, and in addition to those spells' effects, she seems disproportionally much stronger. Azerith addresses this matter immediately.
"Insurance policy. Kor Spiritdancers are highly attuned to the dreams and imaginations of the world around them, so when I apply aura spells to them, they tap into the essence of the spells to become even stronger than the enchantments themselves would make them. And right now, she is impervious to most physical attacks, susceptible only to direct magical attacks. That way, she can cover my escape without having to use lethal force."
The spiritdancer rolls her eyes, looking at Azerith. She speaks a while to him in their native tongue.
"So what if I talk a lot? Our kin is too stigny with their words."

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm 

Supporter (1)

Ajani couldn't help but laugh. "Sadly for you in these forests the Leonin Nacatl are able to find anything in the forest. It will be impossible to hide from them and as long as you obey the rules nothing will happen and if you do happen to break one I'm sure I can get you out of it easily. Also worry not of your speech part of being a Leonin we are loud and noisy when it comes to basic conversation." he said then looked at the Spiritdancer. The aura flows strong with her I can see it growing. I myself use enchantments of my allies but my knowledge of healing is beyond any to compare to." He smiled as they entered a opening in the trees showing the Tribal camp. Four guards placed at the entrance. Ajani greeted them kindly his right hand on the their left shoulder and the same went for them. They talked in their native tongue, which to Azerith would sound like hisses, growls, and roars, for a bit; Ajani pointed to Azerith a few times during the conversation. Finally the gates opened and Ajani beckoned Azerith to follow him into the camp.

A small and large tents were set about inside a wooden wall, lined with thorn brambles. Only one structure was actually built in the center of the camp; a two story half timbered hall. Stalls surrounded the right side of the hall forming a little market. On the left side was training grounds and a barrack tent were Leonin soldiers and warriors were already fighting and brawling with each other as part of their training. If one looked about only a hundred or so Leonins lived in this camp; sixty of which were warriors or soldiers the rest young cubs and females.
"Its not as big as most Leonin tribes but its a start." Ajani said leading the way to the Hall in the center of the camp.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:54 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith looks through the tribe with evident curiosity before posing a number of questions. "I see your kind do not employ female warriors to the extent we Kor do. And I must say, the ratio of males to female seems unbalanced. Why's that?" Walking through the camp, it is clear Azerith has more or less forgotten everything he was told about Leonin customs, but was apparently so fascinating himself that most tribesfolk didn't care. He's almost knocked over by a score of pups running between the two, but he just laughs - as opposed to his spiritdancer companion, who looks disdained, and leaps up into a nearby tree. Azerith, on his end, winds up having one very curious pup stationed squarely at the top of his head, looking down at him. The planeswalker doesn't seem to care at all. "How do you guys feed yourselves? Are you nomadic hunters and gatherers like us Kor, or do you rely on herding and agriculture, like so many humans?"

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:05 am 

Supporter (1)

Ajani smiled seeing the cubs. He reached over and grabbed the cub ontop of Azerith's head. then sent the cub off witht he others with laughs and smiles. "most of the females have moved to Mirrodin joining in the battle alongside Kemba Kha against the Phyrexians. but we are growing." he said as they reached the massive wooden doors of the Hall. "and as the food goes we hunt, herd, and rely on the wheat crops to get most of our food. We try to stay in one place rather than be nomadic. easier it is for us to grow that way." he finished.

He paused at the doors before opening them. "Remember no eye contact with the Kha otherwise there will be problems. Oh and when you greet him put your right fist to your left shoulder and give a slight bow showing you come in peace and with respect. We clear?" he asked before opening the doors to the Hall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:14 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith listened to Ajani's explanation, then to his reminder about customs of respect. "Yes, yes. Show respect, be humble, don't speak unless spoken to, et cetera et cetera. Just don't expect me to start purring and yowling when you guys begin to speak - I only know two languages." He then gestures for the entrace to the Kha's 'palace'. "Shall we, my fellow planeswalker? If I slip up, I'll rely on your diplomacy and my own ability to survive." The spiritdancer that follows the pair soon catches up to them from the trees, looking utterly dismal. She turned to Azerith, gave him a scowl, then rolled her eyes and waited for her turn to go inside.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 pm 

Supporter (1)

Ajani greeted the Kha a larger Leonin who greeted Ajani in their tongue. After a short conversation the Kha turned to Azerith "and who might you be?" He asked looking over Azerith and the Spiritdancer. "This is another planeswalker much like myself we have made a deal with eachother he will help us with our menitar problem."
"Oh is he now? Well if you are a friend to Ajani then you are welcome here." The kha said with a smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:00 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith did as Ajani instructed, and made a small bow with his right fist to his left shoulder, answering the Kha. "I appreciate the warm reception. And would like to apologize in advance - my people find it a token of deep disrespect not to look who we are talking to in the eye." Saying this, Azerith does slip up - casting a quick glance into the Kha's eyes - but the gaze falls again. It is clear, however, that the young planeswalker is struggling against the urge to adhere to the custom of his own people. "My apologies..." His spiritdancer companion seems to solve the problem by keeping her eyes closed, but it is clear that the Kor really do struggle with not looking people in the eye. Azerith awaits the Kha's response in anticipation, ready to leg it should the need arise.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:39 pm 

Supporter (1)

"I must say you are more acceptable to our customs than other races. I give you permission to look at my eyes for the duration you are here." The Kha said with a gentle smile. "You are of another race so I see no threat in you trying to take my place as Kha. You are welcome to a tent for your stay as you are here. In fact I believe we can see what you can do in combat." he turned to Ajani, "There is a raid being planed and I would like to see both of you on that Raid."
Ajani bowed his head. "Of course My Kha. Shall we go to the barracks now?"
"Yes both of you are excused."
Ajani bowed again and turned to leave the hall.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:47 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Azerith smiled and gave another bow to the Kha, now looking far less uncomfortable. "Thank you, Kha. I shall aim to pleasantly surprise you. As for the tent, I appreciate the sentiment, but I think I shall take a tree." Taking two steps back, a Kor way of signalling that he is taking his leave, Azerith turned around and followed Ajani. "A more amiable fellow than your oh so ominous warnings would have me to expect. These barracks of yours - are we training? Teaching? Or just getting familiar? I must say, I am rather restless - and very curious as to what these threats to your tribe are. And how best to defeat them.

The Shards United!..?