All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Night of a Gypsy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:48 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Aaliyah walked through the streets of the new village she was in and looked at what venders had in their open stalls that they tried to pawn onto passers by, and smiled to herself at some of the useless items they said held magical properties or could help cure any ailment one might suffer from. She stopped at a stall that was being run by a young blonde who looked to be about her age, and began to mental list what fruits she wanted and how much they were as apposed to how much she had on her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Night of a Gypsy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 pm 

Medals: 1
Adaptive (1)

Florica started walking through the market trying to find work but finding none since no one wanted to hire a fae let alone a gypsy fae. As she approached the fruit stand in the middle of the market she saw a young girl with brunette hair was already in front of the stall. 'she must be buying fruit, though the fruit doesn't look that fresh. maybe I should tell her' Florica stood a little farther back debating this. She decided that she would wait and see if the girl bought anything or not before saying anything.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:05 pm 

'I know the fruit is not the freshest that I can get but maybe this girl will at least sell to a gypsy' Aaliyah thought as she moved her hand to cover her mouth so she may speak to the girl selling the fruits. "Excuse me miss but how much are your..." she began to ask but before she could even finish her question a man came from behind a the cart behind the stall and as soon as his eyes landed on the gold eyed girl he yelled "We do not sell to gypsy scum like you!" and spat in Aaliyah's face. Aaliyah glared at the man as she wiped spit from under her right eye.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:30 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Florica was appalled at the man's behavior towards the brown haired girl. She walked up toward the girl and stood beside her. "How dare you do something like that towards a paying costumer, you ignorant old man!" she yelled at him. Before he could answer back she held her hand out and willed the oranges and watermelons and pelted the man with them. While she was at it she asked the fruit left on the stand to wither and decay. The plants eagerly did as she asked. Florica then turned to the girl and asked her if she was alright.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:39 pm 

Aaliyah looked at the blonde girl in front of her and nodded as she smiled a little at the flying fruit. She covered her mouth "In all honest I am quite use to merchants treating me this way but is refreshing to meet another who is so like myself." she said as she then picked up an apple that had fallen to the ground and started to decay and asked it to become healthy and living again and took a bite of it. The man and girl behind the stall yelled as the fruits flew at them wildly and their own fruits began to wither and decay around them. Aaliyah hid her mouth behind the apple and held her other hand out towards the blonde "I am Aaliyah but you may call me Liyah for short," she said softly to the blonde "and might I suggest we begin to leave since I see guards coming this way." she said on a chuckle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:20 am 

Adaptive (1)

Florica looked at the girl's hand and said "Yeah that might be a good idea but first" She trailed off as she held her hand out towards the fruit and froze the fruit in mid-air "You will never treat another the same way that you have treated her again, promise me this and I will restore your fruit so that you can sell it but if not then I will leave it decayed and you will have nothing to sell" She threatened the fruit seller. He shook his head in agreement and promised that he wouldn't send the guards after them. "Good" Florica said as she encouraged the fruit to return their original state and coaxed the fruit hanging in the air to return to their rightful place. She then turned to the girl and said "By the way my name is Florica but you can call me Rica, now we can go" as she took the girl's hand and started to run.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:34 am 

Aaliyah laughed and ran with Rica. "You know they will not keep that promise as soon as they hear you have left this village." she pointed out as she kept up with the blonde and the bells on her anklets and waist chain jiggled as she ran swiftly. Both girls ran through the market as a group of guards chased the two fleeing women. "I have a plan we must spilt up and not let them catch us, and you can meet me outside of this village and to the east.
" Aaliyah said as she began to veer off towards an ally that was to her left and she shoved Rica towards a few merchant stalls on the right. As three guards followed Aaliyah and two followed behind Rica. Aaliyah ran into a dead in her ally get away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:55 am 

Adaptive (1)

As Florica left Liyah and focused on running faster to lose the guards. The guards continued to chase after her though, 'why haven't I lost them yet I guess I'm going to have to use my wings. I hate doing this' she thought as she prepared to unleash her wings. She ran into an alley and then stopped. She unleashed her wings from the folds in her back and jumped up before the guards caught up. When Florica got into the air she started going in the direction that Liyah told her to go. When she saw the destination she started the descent to the ground. When she landed she tucked her wings back into her back and straightened her dress and then walked to the meeting place. When she got there she noticed she was the first one there. So she leaned against a tree that was there and waited for Liyah to show up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:25 am 

Aaliyah looked at the wall in front of her and heard the guards growing closer. She growled under her breath as she run full blast as the guards broke into the ally with her and as she got to the wall she ran up the wall and hooked her fingers on the top of the wall and stood on top of it. She ran along the top of the wall and onto roofs of adjacent buildings with her claws digging into her palms. Once she got to the outer most portion of the village she jumped from the roof and shifted into a solid white wolf and ran to her camp. As she arrived at her camp she saw Rica leaning against the tree beside her tent and fire pit. Aaliyah shifted back and smiled at Rica then covered her mouth "Was it me or where those guards extremely intent on catching the two of us???" she said on a laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:38 am 

Adaptive (1)

Florica was surprised when a white wolf started to get closer to her until it shifted into Liyah. She relaxed and answered "yeah no joke I thought I would never get rid of them." "So you're a werewolf, bitten or born? if you don't mind me asking you" she asked Liyah. 'I don't think it would be wise to tell her what I am yet since when most people find out they tend to stay away from me' she thought as she waited for Liyah to answer her. (It is a known fact that fae are usually treated even lower than gypsies are)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 am 

Aaliyah thought for a moment and took a deep breath through her nose to catch scents of the area around her little campsite and looked back at Rica with glittering golden eyes. She stepped over to her tent and pulled out a scarf that she usually kept on her but left today and wrapped it so her nose and mouth were covered. "I was born this way, and if my nose is correct you are special like myself." Aaliyah said as she turned back to Florica and held her left hand over her fire pit, that she had put fresh wood in that morning, and willed a fire to start as the night was fast approaching and Aaliyah could smell the cool night that was coming. "So since I have answered you, then you should inter answer me. What are you Florica???" Aaliyah asked the girl knowing she most likely would not receive an answer if the girl was what she thought she was for fear of rejection.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 am 

Adaptive (1)

'Guess I have no choice' Florica thought. "ok I'll tell you but it would be better to just show you" she said as she turned around and unleashed her wings. Her wings were a translucent blue color and glittered in the light of the fire. "I'm a fae, as you could probably already tell I can control plants but I also have power over fire and the more I age the more elements I will be able to control" she explained to Liyah. She then pulled her wings back into her back and sat down with her back against the tree. Though she was more than prepared to take off if Liyah didn't accept her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:58 pm 

Aaliyah watched as translucent blue wings spread from Rica's back. 'My nose never lies' thought Aaliyah. "Florica my old troop was a hodge-podge of all sorts of different races, and you are not the first fae I have interacted with." Aaliyah said as she looked at the blonde with out batting an eyelash. "As can already tell I can control fire and plants, but also I can make plants grow and shift the ground around me. I travel as an Herbalist, and treat sick and elderly that no one else with take care of. Because of my enhanced healing I will not become sick with whatever they have." Aaliyah said as she stared into the fire in front of her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:01 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Florica relaxed as she listened to Liyah. "it's cool that you are a herbalist I don't currently have a profession per say at the moment usually I just go town to town looking for work as I travel. Mostly I just end up helping out with gardens and cooking at taverns" she said. She then placed her hand flat on the ground and sought what kind of plant seeds were there, when she found one she coaxed it to grow so she could see what it looked like. Out of the ground sprouted a beautiful blue flower. She thanked the flower for showing her what it looked like in bloom and then reversed what she did so the flower could bloom when it was supposed to. She then waited for Liyah to continue their conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm 

Aaliyah chuckled as out of the corner of her eye she saw the little blue flower bloom then go back to being a seed. "Yeah my work with herbs has come in handy many times in my life and has helped many people around me." Aaliyah said. 'if only my herbs had been enough to save Nikolai' she thought sullenly and the fire blazed with her jumbled thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 pm 

Adaptive (1)

"True, my powers have also helped me throughout my life but it has also hindered me in ways" Florica said. She then got up and informed Liyah that she was going to go find some berries and hopefully find a stream so she could fish and maybe work on her water magic so that she could get one step closer to mastering her third element 'It's really embarrassing that I'm 21 and I only have two elements most fae have three by now and working on their fourth.' she thought as she made her way into the woods surrounding the camp.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:11 pm 

Aaliyah looks up at Rica "There is a stream to the left of the tree it's half a mile away from here." she says softly. as she sat there she stretched up and popped her back and stretched her arms above her head and popped her shoulders and up. "Be careful the stream runs swiftly and could pull you down if you are not on guard." Aaliyah said as she then rose to her feet and walked towards her tent and inside she slipped.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:41 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Florica barely heard Liyah as she walked into the woods. She found the stream and sat down at the edge of it so she could practice her water magic. She sat with her legs crossed making sure that her dress covered her legs completely (it was the only dress she could take with her when she left her old troupe behind) and closed her eyes and opened her mind to the nature surrounding her. She concentrated more on the water in front of her and not the other overwhelming elements in the forest surrounding her. Once she thought that she was prepared to start working on her magic, she put her hand over the water and closed her eyes again to focus on what she wanted the water to do. She didn't get too far before her magic started to affect the plants and she almost set fire to her dress again. So she opened her eyes and took her hand back and reversed the effects of her magic. 'you can do this just focus ' she chastised herself, then she put her hand back over the water and with her eyes opened this time she once again focused on what she wanted the water to do. The stream of course didn't want to cooperate with her so she gave up for the night and went back to the camp. When she noticed that Liyah was no longer by the fire Florica banked the fire and asked the seeds in the ground to bloom for her so that she could rest comfortably. The flowers were more than happy to oblige her and she then lied down and sent her magic to the leaves of the tree to alert her if anything came near that was foreign or dangerous to her and then she closed her eyes to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:28 pm 

Aaliyah stepped back out of her tent and looked over at Rica and chuckled softly and laid a spare outfit down near her and walked towards the stream herself with a whisper of cloth and jiggling bells, and her fresh clothes in her arms. As Aaliyah walked to the edge of the stream she recalled images of her dead mother, father, and older twin brother. Silent tears began to pour down her cheeks but she didn't even lift her hand to wipe them away. she laid her new clothes on a rock near the edge of the water, and she slowly reached down and felt the large scar on her thigh that had never fully healed. 'I promise you have not died in vane my family.' she thought then stepped out into the water to clean herself and the clothes the wore for the day. When she stepped back out of the water she changed her clothes and walked back to her camp. She walked to her tent and slipped inside and curled up and went to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:03 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Florica woke up to the sound of birds singing, she got up and noticed that there was a new dress, it was a blue corset style w dress with an open back and it looked like the hem would reach the top of her knees. She quickly changed into it and made sure that if she needed to she could unleash her wings, when she was satisfied that it could work she noticed that the fire had died. Before she left to get firewood she reversed her magic from the night before thanked the flowers and then went in search of firewood. When she came back from getting the firewood she placed the wood into the fire pit and then placed her hand over the fire and asked for the fire to ignite for her. When the fire started she put more magic into the fire so that the fire wouldn't go out of control while she was gone or go out, she then left to go get food. She came back after she caught some fish, and proceeded to cook the fish and waited for Liyah to wake up and find out the plan for today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next