All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Anthro World
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:59 am 

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

link to the OOC threat

Kar watched from his throne, the festivities of the bankquet he hosted. The hall was filled with entertainers, servents, the Royal court, The High Council, and many other upper class members of society. In truth he was entirely bored. The only thing he actually enjoied was the delitious food.
A few shouts came from the other side of the hall and he turned his head to see two guards drag out a ragged clothed, and drunk, peasant out of the hall. He paused to talk to a few High Council members who only wanted to talk about more politics. Sometimes he wished he could just get a break from it all, But as an Emperor that was never going to happen. He turned about again excusing himself from the High Council chat about politics and listened in on the stories some of the Upper class tavern owners told. A few were quite enjoyable to listen to, but it only satisfided him for a moment, and he went back to feeling bored again.
He walked over toward the bankquet food table again grabbing another glass of wine for himself.

Red vs. Blue Epic Rap battle

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Anthro World
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:11 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Enkara hated banquets. Banquets meant having to wear semi-fancy dress and going back and forth to the kitchen to make sure the kitchen servants stay on task. Enkara was again going back to the banquet to mingle with the other high class members of society (and maybe find a suitor) but she quickly got bored with them because they only wanted to talk about politics. So she excused herself from the conversation and went back to the kitchen. When she got there she put an apron on and started baking cakes to relieve her of her frustration.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:31 pm 

Supporter (1)

Kar watched his head chef move about the banquet area. Very organized she was and brilliant at cooking. He smiled remembering how mad that tavern owner was when Kar took the owner's head chef to become the head chef in the Palace. He looked over to see if any one was watching him and noticed everyone else was happily enjoying the banquet. Well might as well thank the chef for her cooking. he thought, putting down his wine cup and walking over to the kitchen.
He saw her mixing some sweet smelled mix in a bowl.
"I see you are very into your profession." He said leaning against a table.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Enkara was so involved in mixing her 3rd batch of cake mix, that she jumped when she heard a voice from in front of her. she quickly got herself together and looked up to find no other than the emperor standing there. "Of course your majesty, there is nothing more fun than baking while at a banquet. If you don't mind mw asking what are you doing in the kitchen instead of being with all of your guests" She replied a little shyly. She then proceeded to put the cake batter into a cake pan and made her way to put the cake into the oven.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:52 pm 

Supporter (1)

"to be honest with you that room is nothing but arguing politicians and frankly I want to take a break from all that. And besides I usually never get to thank the chef for her cooking in my Palace." he said smiling enjoying the sweet smelling aromas that filled the kitchen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:15 pm 

Adaptive (1)

"Well your welcome your majesty its a pleasure to cook for you." Enkara said as she gathered more ingredients to make another cake. "Since you want a break from the talk of politics you could cook here for awhile that would ensure you stay away from political talk, What do you say ?" She coyly asked. 'I doubt he'll take me up on that offer' she thought as she prepared to measure out the ingredients.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:53 pm 

Supporter (1)

He chuckled, "I'm not that good of a cook." He walked over to the opposite side of the table where she was placeing the ingredients. -I shouldn't be doing this. This is servant work the council would never approve. But what do I have to lose?- He thought to himself then smiled at her. "I might burn everything but I guess I can learn a few tricks from a master cook." He said. looking over the ingredients. "what goes in first?" he asked her, hoping no council members decided to walk into the kitchen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 am 

Adaptive (1)

"Well we'll start with the base of the cake, first this is the measurements for the base: 1 lb (4 cups) sifted flour
• 1/4 lb (1/2 cup) butter
• 2 Tbs. caster sugar
• 2 Tbs. honey
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 pt. (1 cup) milk
• pinch salt
• 1 egg white
then you mix the butter and flour together in the bowl until they are both incorporated." Enkara moved away from the bowl and the ingredients to allow the emperor to move in front of the bowl. "Now try to do that much, I'll help you if you need it" she said. "I'll heat the sugar and the honey together while you do that or you can if you would rather do that then mix the butter and flour together." she said as a side note.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:43 am 

Supporter (1)

He positioned himself in front of the bowl and did his best to match the ingredients and do as instructed. but messed up with a little too much salt here missed an egg shell there, even almost spilled the entire jar of honey into the mix. but he was happy laughing every time he made a mistake then went back to correct it. The flour turned his fur on his hands and arms pure white as well as patches near his waist chest and face. "I believe I am olny causing a mess in your Kitchen" he joked happily as he knead the butter and flour.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:36 am 

Adaptive (1)

Enkara walks back to where she left the emperor, holding a bowl that has the sugar and honey mixture, when she heard the emperor say "I believe I am only causing a mess in your kitchen". She quickened her steps and found the workplace covered in flour and egg shells. "What happened here, never mind I already know what happened. Here let's do this" she said as she put the flour and butter mixture into the bowl with the sugar and honey. "Mix this together and then we will add the baking soda" she told him as she walked over to the counter where the baking soda was located. "Also your majesty you might want an apron so you don't get more stuff on you" she teased as she went and got an apron. She then walked over and held it out to him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 am 

Supporter (1)

Kar clapped his hands together releasing a small cloud of four. then reached out and taking the apron. their hands skimmed each other for a moment. Kar felt a tingling up his spine. but quickly shrugged it off looking down at himself half white from the flour and half golden-brown as the rest of his fur. "I haven't got this messy since The war a few years back." he said smiling putting on the apron. His memories flooded back to him as he remembered the great Rebellion against his rule because of his military coup of the once old republic. the people he made enemies with, and the blood he had to spill. He vowed, after the 1 1/2 year war was over never to shed as much blood as he did in that war.
He shook the thought off once he started to remember the harsh times of that war, and focused back on the cooking, mixing together the bowl with sugar and honey.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:23 am 

Adaptive (1)

As the emperor took the apron a tingle went through Enkara's arm, she ignored it and went around the table and continued to instruct the emperor on how to make the cake. "Now add the salt into the mix and continue mixing, then you will have to roll out the cake dough" Enkara said as she walked over to where her rolling pin was, as she heard the emperor talk about the war she flashed back to the tavern she worked in before coming back to the palace. 'That tavern sucked especially during the war when it was dangerous for a lady to work' she thought as she shook her head to get rid of the bad memories from that time. She picked the pin up and walked back to the emperor. "It's time to start rolling the dough out, so take the dough out of the bowl and start rolling it out" Enkara instructed as she put the pin down on the table. She then walked away to go get the metal rings to cut the dough when it was rolled.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:34 am 

Supporter (1)

Kar did as instructed. Rolling the dough out in a nice smooth and even layer. He was careful enough to make sure that it was evenly pa-portioned i thickness adding pinches of flour to sticky areas of the dough. For a moment he thought about her instructions, or more about her ability to give them. He was and emperor yet she was the power and leader of this kitchen even if he owned it. he chuckled at the thought. for some reason it felt good for once to be the one carrying out orders than always giving them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:49 am 

Adaptive (1)

Once Enkara got the metal rings she made her way to check on the rest of her staff (since everyone in the kitchen knew to stay away from her corner of the kitchen when she was in a mood). She found everything running just as smooth as she had left it and made her way back to the emperor. 'I'm impressed that the emperor is taking my instructions so well, I anticipated more of a challenge but I guess he realizes this is in a way my kingdom' she thought as she got closer to her corner of the kitchen. She put the metal rings down on a counter near the ovens and then picked up a cloth and went to the oven and pulled the cake that was in there out. She placed it next to the metal rings and then picked the rings up and continued on her way to the emperor. She returned to the table and said "You can stop rolling it now. It's now time to cut the dough using these." She placed one of the rings down onto the table, and then with the other demonstrated how to cut the dough into perfect little circles using the ring. "Now you try" she told the emperor.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:01 am 

Supporter (1)

He watched her intently and just begun doing the same before a honor guard came into the Kitchen.
"My Lord?" he bowed to Kar. "There is a situation in the main Hall that i think you should see." Kar sighed and looked over at Enkara "we will have to do this again another time. know that i did very much enjoyed this, and thank you for your time." he said giving a slight nod of approval. He would have given a full bow if it was both he and her alone but the guard was watching. He took off the apron and placed it neatly back on the table patting off some of the flour on his royal garments. He stopped at the door and turned back to face her. "I make that a promise." he finished with a smile and left the kitchen with the honor guard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 am 

Adaptive (1)

Enkara stopped what she was doing when the honor guard came in. 'crap, I knew something like this would happen if it wasn't one of my staff, it would be a honor guard to catch the emperor doing the work that I should be doing alone' she thought as the emperor told her they would have to do this again and thanked her for her time. She curtsied low and said "no thank you, your majesty for indulging me in this endeavor" she didn't straighten up again until they were both gone. Then she continued making the cakes and went to check on her other staff. After telling the staff to continue working she went outside through the door next to the pantry, and walked to a nearby tree and climbed up into it so she could relax for a little while and look at the moon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:25 pm 

Supporter (1)

Skal looked over the wall to the Palace court yard. The beautiful white flower gardens shined brightly against the moon. He climbed up and gently as a feather entered the gardens. A few trees placed around but most of the gardens were flower bushes and fountains. He was hungry and what better place to get good food than the Palace kitchens.
He was almost toward the door when a female came out. as fast as lightning he dashed for the darkness of the bushes watching her. He found her odd once he saw her climb up a tree. But at least she wouldn't be able to see him. using the darkness of the surrounding shadows of brush he sneaked his way toward the door until he stepped on a twig releasing a loud snap.

Kar entered the Hall and was Shocked to see everyone in an uproar in a very heated argument.
great now I have to settle this with politics. he thought and begun to ask what the argument was about, but deep in his mind he wanted to be back with Enkara in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:40 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Enkara looked at the moon thinking about new recipes that she wanted to try, when she heard a twig snap. She jumped down from the tree thinking that it was one of her staff looking for her, when she saw a shadowy silhouette near the door. 'who is that it's not one of my staff they would have come straight to the tree' she thought as she got closer to the shadow. When she got close enough to it she asked "who are you and what are you doing here?" 'they definitely don't work here in the palace since every servant at one point or another comes into the kitchen' she thought as she waited for the shadow to answer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:48 pm 

Supporter (1)

Skal was silent for a moment. 'what should I say? I can't say I'm here to steal food, I would be sent to prison again.'
"I ahhh... I'm just..." he couldn't think of anything. 'how could I have been so reckless to set off a twig!?!' he thought to himself. he stepped into the light reveling himself. "My name is Skal, I am one of the guests and got lost, just trying to find my way back inside." he lied, hoping she would buy his story.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:35 pm 

Adaptive (1)

"Oh well in that case I can show you back inside" she told Skal. 'even though I know he probably is lying he looks like he could use a good meal though and there is more than enough food at the banquet but I'll keep my eyes on him, just to make sure he isn't here for devious purposes.' she thought "ok well if you'll follow me, I'll take you through the kitchen, but I will warn you don't take any food from the kitchen the head chef has been known to kill anyone that takes food from the kitchen of they are not staff." she warned as she turned to walk into the kitchen. She opened the door and signaled to the staff near the doorway not to address her as the head chef (it was a simple hand gesture that all the kitchen staff knew meant that Enkara was playing a trick on someone by not letting them know that she was the head chef for the palace). With that she walked into the kitchen trusting that Skal was close behind her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next