All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Ball
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Orange sat patently as she waited for the brunette to finish prepping herself. "Oh, come on. You look great. Stop pestering with that, the ball is going to start soon." The emerald eyed girl turned to Orange and said "Finished." As she finished saying that she saw Orange still not dressed and she said "Speak for yourself. Get dressed!" Orange sighed as she got up and pushed past the brunette and said "You were taking over the dressing room." Orange slipped out of her dress that had brilliant hues of blue and greens and she looked around for her ball dress. The brunette sighed and said "It's right here." Handing it to her orange haired companion, Orange smiled and she slipped it on. "There, I'm done." The green eyed girl rolled her eyes and said "Yeah, no." Pulling Orange by the arm and took her towards the mirror.

"You are so simple minded. You may be wearing a simple dress, but that does not excuse you from wearing make up or a bit of jewelry." The emerald eyed girl sighed as she pulled Orange into sitting down and she began to take out some white powder. She dashed a bit of it on Orange's already white skin and then she began with the black eye liner that was simple but elegant and that contrasted nicely with Orange's skin. The brunette smiled and said "Last bit...." As she took out the red lip paint, gently painting in onto Orange's lips. Orange sighed and as soon as the brunette was done she popped up and said "Done!" Giving the girl a dazzling smile, taking off towards her mask, only to be held back. "Just put on this necklace and I will be of no more bother of you."

Orange sighed as she took the necklace, it was very sparkly, white studded crystals with a small butterfly shaped diamond in the middle. Orange smiled and she turned quickly and hugged the brunette saying "Thank you!" Butterflies were one of her favorite animals or rather bugs. The brunette smiled and said "Just put it on already." Orange smiled as she gently clasped the clasp together and placed it perfectly in the center of her dress. Orange smiled and took the hand of the brunette and pulled her out of the dressing room, quickly grabbing their masks and making their way to the ball room.

The ball room was already filling up as people filed into the huge room, the musicians already playing and people of high status were being announced as they made their way into the castle. The King and the Queen greeting everyone with two of their daughters already at their sides.

Things of beauty.
Each like a magical powder
Or potion that could be
Combined with other words
To create
Powerful Spells.

-~UnWritten~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Ball
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

The girl who had made herself known as Dark Lady - both for her garments and her mood regarding the masquerade - was finally ready after much discussion with her maid about the monotony of her dress, mask, gloves and shoes. Her hair had been braided and left without any ornament. The only piece of jewelry the girl condescended to wear as a pearl necklace. It had belonged to her grandmother, and her mother had asked her to take it and wear it.

Since her mask covered her full face, the girl didn't bother with make up for that area. Her neck and the small area of her chest that appeared through her dress received some special attention. Other than that, the Dark Lady made her best to be as plain as possible.

"My lady... what should I do now?".

The girl seemed a little impatient at this question.

"You stay with all the other maids and wait for me to need your services. And you keep your opinions to yourself, or else."

After these somewhat harsh words, the girl finally made her way to the ball room, being presented with her chosen alias and greeting the King and Queen, and after them the two daughters who were already there.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm 

An assistant helped the man into the outfit that had been laid on the bed; the expensive material was foreign to his skin.
"You will look quite nice." The shorter man said, draping the cape like piece over the shoulder's of the taller man. He moved in front of him to clasp it.
"I hope you are right, this was not an easy spot to gain." He adjusted his shirt before accepting the simple silver mask from his helper. "Merci, you may be excused." When the door clicked shut the man slipped the mask on and prepared himself mentally for the evening.

When he arrived there was already a decent sized crowd in the ball room making it easier for him to slip in. He greeted the King and Queen and their two daughters before finding his way to the edge of the room where he could watch the rest of the attendees without drawing attention to himself. From what he could see it appeared that there were people from all classes attending the ball, dressed in a way that no one could tell one from the other with out removing the masks. It was a good way of keeping anonymous in a sea of foreigners and nobles.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:34 pm 

Location: Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

The carriage navigated through the crowd that had gathered around the castle. Its body was designed under special commission, incorporating a blend of several foreign styles, and was pulled by two powerful mares. Within sat three figures in heated debate.
"I know what is expected of me, Father!" exclaimed the Velicanstvo
"Then you should not object to Chekovst's presence," replied Father coldly.
"Velicanstvo. I shall not be a burden. I would merely..." interjected Chekovst.
The carriage came to a halt, signalling their arrival. With a final terse glance Father added, "When I arrive later you had best completed your duty." The Velicanstvo relented. He opened the wooden box that Father had given him and tucked the vial into the concealed sleeve pouch. The fabric muffled the sound of it colliding with the other vial that contained a darker liquid. Chekovst drew the internal curtain that hid Father from view as The Velicanstvo donned his mask. The door swung open and he emerged from the gloomy confines of the carriage.

Within the Ball had already begun and Several other nobles had arrived prior. As he entered, an attendant requested their pseudonyms for announcement. From behind the simple mask, Chekovst gave The Velicanstvo's title, allowing himself no identity save of an attendant. After the announcement The Velicanstvo made his way to the royal family. The King issued a courteous greeting. The Velicanstvo stared into his eyes for a moment, as the wave of guilt swept over him. Fearing that he might betray his intention he tucked his cane beneath his arm and bowed low. "I am most honoured to be attending this Masquerade, Your Majesty." Turning to the Queen he took her offered hand and placing it against his mask as though to kiss it though the copper. The same was extended to the other princesses as he took note of the missing third.