All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:12 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Hurry up, slowpoke! We're never gonna make it there at this rate!" Voren cried out, calling back to Arith who was lagging behind him a distance. He was dashing full speed ahead toward their next target, a resurrected death mage that had been causing mayhem for a nearby lowlands village. The undead from the graveyard he was buried in were rising and attacking just about anything that moved, or anything on his command. Arith was doing his best to keep up, but with just how fast Voren could move when he got going, it was nearly impossible for him. He yelled back at him, calling for him to slow down. "Will you just wait a little bit? They've put up with this thing for a couple days, they can last a few more minutes without us being there!" Picking up the pace a bit more, he kept running, but suddenly the trickster was nowhere to be seen. "Boo. Is this better for you, can you keep up now? You're out of shape or something, I swear." The voice came from beside him to his right, the rogue running right there, a cheeky grin on his face.
"Are you ever not obnoxious?"
"Nope, never have been, never will be."
"You could at least try."
"But what's the fun in that? Hey, look, there's the village!" Pointing ahead as the trees began to clear, small houses began to come into sight, constructed from stone and local woods, thick glass windows letting light into the cozy dwellings.

Something in the village was off though. "Where are all the people at? Isn't this place normally a lot more alive than this?"
Arith only let out a shiver in response to the question, the dark feeling of the undead mage's magic sending chills down his spine. There was no doubt the town's residents were hiding somewhere, or already dead. The place had gone downhill much sooner than they'd expected. They needed to find somebody to see what information they could get, and most importantly if the death mage was still here.

As they continued to walk about the village, they spotted a person off into the forest a few feet, crouched over behind a bush. Voren rushed toward them, a hand on his dagger in case of a certain possibility. He approached the person as quietly as he could, Arith watching worriedly from only yards away. He called out quietly to the hunched figure, which snapped its head up at him before leaping at him. Voren stabbed at it with his dagger, only for the short blade to be knocked aside as the living corpse landed on top of him, knocking the wind out of his lungs as he impacted the ground on his back. He tried his best to hold the corpse off of him with one arm as his other hand reached for a second dagger at his side when a glowing magic missile smashed into the zombie, knocking it off of him. The dagger was in his hand in an instant, and in the creature's forehead the next, rendering it dead again.

Shaking slightly from the somewhat unexpected encounter, he returned to his feet, looking over to Arith.
"Well, we know that mage is definitely still here by that thing. Come on, lets find the damn thing before that happens again."
"If you say so. If it's anywhere, it's probably in the graveyard, doing whatever it is that monstrosity does during the daytime."

The two set off toward the graveyard, unsure of what they would find, but for certain it wasn't going to be good news whether it was there or not. Either way it would still be a pain, tracking it down or killing it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:09 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

As the two males walked towards the graveyard, a arrow was shot into the ground in front of them. They could till it was front of them, but nothing could be seen around them. But the tree limbs did start to move as if someone was moving through them.

Amlugeth was the small elf that was moving through the trees, she jumped from tree to tree, then across the path so she was on the other side. When she was sure that the two men were confused enough to not know where she was she jumped down and slowly got up behind them, danger in hand. She got behind Voren and grabbed him, putting her danger to his throat. "What are you doing here?" She asked, in elfish, the danger was close to his throat. Pinching his skin a bit, It wasn't that Amlugeth thought they were orcs or something. She just didn't trust them, so it's better to be safe then sorry.

Amlugeth looked over at Vorens partner, she quickly turned so Voren was between them. "I'll ask you again, what are you doing here?" She asked again now in the comman tongue.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by Nizrindane on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 pm.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 am 

A grimace quickly covered Voren's face as the dagger made contact with his throat. Arith just looked on calmly, a neutral expression on his face.
"That's not very kind of you. The correct way to introduce yourself is to politely state your name and greetings to us, not hold a dagger against my throat."

Suddenly he was in two places at once, blinking behind her while leaving a decoy in his place. The illusion was powerful enough to imprint feeling into her mind, making it seem to her as if he was still there. In a single quick movement, the knife was out of her hand and her arms pinned behind her back. Due to the surprise factor of it, he didn't meet any resistance to such an unexpected move. Arith continued to look on, a slightly more amused look on his face now.

"Let's try this again now, maybe more orthodox this time and polite. That would be nice, don't you think? But now I'm wondering, what are you doing here? Are you perhaps with the rebellion?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:19 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

"Even in the day. the graveyard seems like a frightening place..." Arios muttered rather tiredly as he finally opened his eyes, his red pupils turning to the manged up zombie at his feet. It lay rotting and disheveled, a horrid black aura emitting from the body as if the spirit possessing the dead body had finally left its host. Other than a place for the dead, the graveyard was frightening and perhaps one of the most silent place anywhere on this world. As he finally decided to tread further into the graveyard, he could hear some voices though he would have thought imagining things until he heard voices in the distance, sounding like two people.

He laughed for a second, assuming it was only his minds trying to play tricks on him. Then again, he could be wrong... With one foot in front of the other, he turned around, trying to follow the sounds. Taking his lantern in hand, he noticed three people from a distance. Where they fighting or talking? As he was near jumping off of a small hill, he heard: "Let's try this again now, maybe more orthodox this time and polite. That would be nice, don't you think? But now I'm wondering, what are you doing here? Are you perhaps with the rebellion?"

He let a smile play on his face and said loudly, "I'm just passing through, looking for something to do. And to your second question, that depends... Do you know of any rebellion looking for a guy with healing powers and great speed?"

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:52 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Amlugeth squirmed in Vorens arms "yes! Yes I am! Let me go now!" She said, squirming more as the other elf wouldn't let her go, she then looked up at someone talking. "Great, another one?" She asked, looking up at all the guys. "Well, this could go very wrong very ****ing fast for me.." She said in a whisper, still waiting for Voren to let her go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:53 pm 

Arith turned to face the direction the voice came from as Voren released his grip on the small elf's arms. The Arcanist's eyes glowed a bright blue as his partner flashed to his side, a subtle move that allowed the mage to copy the ability in case he had need for it. They very well might, since they had just more than likely attracted at least a little attention from anything, living or dead that may have been in the area. Voren forced a smile towards Amlugeth, although it came across as more unnerving than anything.
"That's great and all, but we might want to get out of here or go kill that damned death mage right now. With that guy yelling, we're sure to be found, and if that thing attacks us first, not all of us are likely to make it out of here.

He turned his attention back to the man who had just called out to them, giving him a sharp look. He extended an index finger and put it in front of his mouth as a signal for him to be quiet. A quiet rustling could be heard from the forest nearby, and twigs cracking. He drew both of his knives, and motioned to Arith to prepare to fight. The sound rapidly encompassed the entire area around the town in the forest before it was suddenly quiet. It stayed that way nearly a minute, nobody moving a hair during the whole time. Voren took a step forward, adjusting the position he stood in, and stepped on a twig, snapping it. In an instant, at least twenty corpses flew out of the tree line towards them. Arith launched a ball of flames towards a compact group of them, Voren blinking towards another group, flipping through the air while spinning rapidly in an incredible display of speed and agility, shredding a group of five or six zombies to ribbons. He landed and blinked towards another group, slashing open a throat before quickly beheading the monster with another swipe, then flashed away again. He was rapidly exhausting his magic at this rate, but it was at least helping to keep them alive. He glanced over to Arith who was firing off at the zombies with all the spells he had, fire and ice flying as chunks of rock speared them from the ground. Although they were tearing through the living corpses, more were coming from the forest, and in greater numbers than before.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:35 am 

1st Year (1)

He turned his attention back to the man who had just called out to them, giving him a sharp look. He extended an index finger and put it in front of his mouth as a signal for him to be quiet. A quiet rustling could be heard from the forest nearby, and twigs cracking. He drew both of his knives, and motioned to Arith to prepare to fight. The sound rapidly encompassed the entire area around the town in the forest before it was suddenly quiet. It stayed that way nearly a minute, nobody moving a hair during the whole time. Voren took a step forward, adjusting the position he stood in, and stepped on a twig, snapping it. In an instant, at least twenty corpses flew out of the tree line towards them. Arith launched a ball of flames towards a compact group of them, Voren blinking towards another group, flipping through the air while spinning rapidly in an incredible display of speed and agility, shredding a group of five or six zombies to ribbons. He landed and blinked towards another group, slashing open a throat before quickly beheading the monster with another swipe, then flashed away again. He was rapidly exhausting his magic at this rate, but it was at least helping to keep them alive. He glanced over to Arith who was firing off at the zombies with all the spells he had, fire and ice flying as chunks of rock speared them from the ground. Although they were tearing through the living corpses, more were coming from the forest, and in greater numbers than before.

He gave a thumbs up to the man that raised an index finger in order to signal for him to be silent. He was too excited to other people here that he was in a graveyard, and being loud was a huge no-no. As he watched the man draw both of his knives, Arios reached for his broadsword, assuming his yelling might have attracted the attention of the dead. For a moment, it was truly silent... As a graveyard was intended to be. He took a deep breath, letting both instead reach for his twin sword which were lighter and would make less noise. And it was the smarter choice as he noticed the throng of zombies soon arising from the ground as the man who shushed him accidentally stepped on a twig, snapping it underneath his feet. Arios put on his helmet and sprung into action, falling into the zombie horde, cutting heads as he made his way to the three wanderers, avoiding the mages' spells as they tore through the horde. "Man... That's a lot of dead!" Arios chuckled to himself, holding his blades to the dreary and lightless sky,

"I humbly request to thee, O Bearer of Ancient Light! Allow this humble person to use thine divine power to protect these wayward souls. The Blades of Light. Let me inflict thine Divine Punishment and burn into his memory into mine eyes. On my name, Arios!" With his incantation, his twin blades glowed in a blinding light. "So mind if I take point?"

(So... If I need to fix this, I will. Just trying something I thought of and in the current setting, I think it works perfectly.)

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:55 pm 

Unknown to the traveling group,while in the confusion of introductions, one of their shadow's grew a a pair of pointy ears. "so this is the group that i have been assigned to keep watch of", Aelar thought to himself as he mimicked the every move of Voren. "They are going to have to pay me double to keep these fools alive".

Your killing me slow, but i ain't ready to die.

"Behind my mask...... Is another mask." - Kakashi Sensei

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:01 am 

Voren shot a look at Arith, catching his eye. He flashed him a symbol in a kind of sign language, a single gesture motioning for a plan they had already made earlier. Arith nodded, and Voren set to action. Yelling loudly, he dashed around the zombies as fast as he could, attracting the attention of as many as possible. The idiotic creatures began following him around, ignoring the others, however their speed was no match for his. Stiff muscles struggling against rigor mortis were nothing compared to the trickster's agile movements as he leapt over the undead and weaved in between them. He focused on nothing but dodging the hands that grasped at him from every direction. It wasn't long before at least half the zombies were after him. Voren suddenly tumbled towards the ground, impacting soundlessly as the hoard of undead piled on top of him, attempting to rip him to shreds. Once again, the trickster was doubled, one being mauled on the ground, zombie hands moving straight through the decoy, movement unhindered by it. The other stood next to Arith, smirking as he looked on to the scene of would-be carnage. He glanced to the side at Arith, who was quietly chanting, his eyes locked onto the pile of writhing undead. The air around them let out a burst of red. An instant later the whole group was consumed entirely in flames, leaving no more than cinders where the zombies were. The decoy disappeared in a blink of violet light.

The duo's attention turned back to the rest of the undead, the hoard much thinner now as they stumbled toward them. Voren set about cleaning up while Arith looked around the graveyard, hoping to find where the death mage might be.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:04 pm 

As Aelar sat as Voren's shadow, he carefully watched how the group fought. for a rag-tag bunch, they fought very well, like they had been fighting together for years. "These Greenhorns aren't half bad. It'll be a shame when..." Aelar was thinking to himself, when he saw a flash as an arrow had been fired from an skeleton archer in the woods. "LOOK OUT!", Aelar yelled as he poped out of the shadow caught the arrow and fired it back at the skeleton.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:03 pm 

1st Year (1)

The air soon turned crimson, the horde of zombies burned to cinders. Arios knew he wasn't play with some rookies. But with more zombies in their way, this was not the time to praise them or let his blades rest in hands. Cutting through the zombies before him, watching them disintegrate with the kiss of his blades. He turned to Voren, blades gliding through the air the wings of an eagle, the zombies vanishing in his wake.

"Hey there. Can't you have all of the fun, now can I?" He smirked, his right arm jutting out, a clean blow to a zombie's head.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:22 pm 

Aelar was popping into and out of the shadows of the skeletons, killing them one after another. "This is taking to long", he thought to himself as the seventh one collapsed into a heap of bones. "Lets see if they like this", he murmured as he sheathed his sword. Taking a deep breath he pressed his hands on the ground. Suddenly tendrils of pure shadows lept from the ground grabbing up the rest of the skeletons and sucking them into the boundless void of shadow. "That took more out of me than I than i thought it would", Aelar thought to himself as he wiped the dirt from his hands. He put on his mask and exited the woods to help fight off the zombie horde.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:49 pm 

Voren hardly acknowledged anybody else as he continued dashing around, hacking and slashing at the undead with a grin on his face. He hadn't had a fight like this in as long as he could. Adrenaline was coursing through him, keeping him going as he continued hacking at the risen corpses. He saw the entrance of a new man, wearing a fox mask. Wondering why somebody would appear unannounced and wearing a mask intrigued him, and distracted him long enough to trip, this time for real. He reacted fast enough to roll, however tumbled out of it, landing belly down in the dirt. He started getting back up as a zombie landed on top of him, attempting to tear him apart. Reacting quickly, he teleported away from the beast, exhausting just about the last of the magic he had left. He quickly got back up from where he was much safer to do so, and began slashing at the zombies around him, ripping through them again. He was starting to get tired though, and began heading back towards Arith as he fought through the hoard with the others.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:17 pm 

From where Aelar was standing, he could see more of the horde forming up behind the group that they were fighting. "We need to even the odds a little", he said with a grin on his face. Picking his arrow carefully, he summoned the last of the magic he had, and fired straight into the air. The arrow whizzed away from his bow. "Fall", Aelar said as the arrow exploded into thousands of balls of black flame.the fire engulfed many of the undead reinforcements and set the places where they landed aflame with a fire that seemed to suck the light of the area. Aelar cheecked to make sure that his aim was true and that the fires had not been anywhere close to where the group waas fighting. Satisfied with his results, he returned his attention to the fires. Aelar put his palms on the ground once more, "Engulf and be satisfied with my tribute". The fires then shrank away, revealing the area that was blanketed by the shadows that they casted was, at one point full of undead, was now flat, empty ground. "That should do it", Aelar said, his voice heavy with exhaustion. "Man, I am getting to old for this", he said as he ran down the hill to join the rest of the group.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:35 am 

2nd Year (1)

Amlugeth had suddenly fallen asleep at the start of all of this, she was fast asleep on the ground. Her arm under her head, her face was hidden by the hair that had fallen down. She snored light as her weapons lay beside her and still attached to her.

When she awoke she looked around, before stretching her arms out and yawned. She then stood up and dust her self off. When she really woke up, she looked around. "Wow! What happened here?" She asked, looking at the two males who were together, then to the new one. "Wow.. Ok what the hell did I miss?" Amlugeth asked.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:48 am 

Aelar said nothing as he walked past the short elf and into the middle of the group. "Who here is your leader?", he asked, "Who here leads you into battle? Who here is at power?"

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:14 pm 

Voren looked at the man, a quizzical gaze settling upon him. "Leader? We're not really a group. Only the man in blue over there and I are together." He turned toward Amlugeth, giving her a bit of an amused look. "How do you manage to fall asleep in the middle of a zombie attack? That takes some serious-" He stopped talking mid-sentence as he noticed a large blue orb flying up into the sky, exploding with a dazzling light. Arith was sending him a signal to come to him, since he was out of hearing distance. Voren turned back to the group, his expression uncharacteristically serious. "That's Arith. We need to go there now, he must have found the death mage. Let's go.

He began running in the direction the magic signal had come from, and under a minute later, was beside Arith with the rest of the group. They stood in front of a large crypt, intricate designs depicting skulls, human bones, angels, and other macabre things on adorning the front.
Arith spoke quietly. "It's in here. I can feel it. We need to kill this thing quickly or it could get out of hand. We don't want anybody here dying. Let's go." He touched his hand to the door of the crypt, a blue glow emanating from the stone he touched. Cracks began to rapidly spread throughout the stone before it crumbled into pieces, falling to their feet. The group looked inside, finally seeing the grisly sight that was the reanimated death mage. It turned towards them, looking with its snow white, dead eyes. It spoke with a deep rasp, the voice vibrating through their very beings. "Who dares disturb my crypt? You shall pay with your lives."

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:29 pm 

Aelar walked forward out of the group. "I am Aelar, Master Assassin and I have come to end this madness", Aelar announced while taking off his mask. "I'll take the death Mage, keep his minions off of me. And whatever you do do not enter the circle." Aelar removed his cloak, revealing his studded leather armor with varios runes and seals on it. He stepped closer to the death mage, while activating a seal. Suddenly the air grew heavy with magical energy as the seal dissovled and released the energy it contained. This energy swirled and twisted and took the form of another stripe on his mask. There were five seals left on his armor. Aelar put his hands on the ground and a white circle with various runes around the perimeter appeared on the ground. "Prepare to die", he said as he got up, his voice twisted and layered with the fox demon within.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:50 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Amlugeth sighed softly when the new man was changing into some beast or something, she then looked at the death Mage. "Hey guy! Yea you who should be dead, it seems like you should be dead. But I'm guessing someone brought you back? So what if we seal off this place, let you go back to your forever sleep? Then no one has to be killed, also that means no one will come a zombie. How does that sound?" She asked, then looked at the guys. "If he says no, I'm putting a arrow through his head." She said, pulling her bow off if her back. "And when you think about it, I'm probably right. He just wants to go back to being dead, do why not just let him?" She asked