All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The New World
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:46 am 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Cassandra awoke in the middle of the night again, the dreams haunting her. She thought this would be home, but her home wasn't here. Still she couldn't give up the chance to learn everything she needed to be the best she could be. She was far from the best but had the drive to do so.

She sat up in her bed and looked to her right, the moon shining a ray of light through the parted curtains.
She loved looking at the moon and wondering how things worked around her. She loved to learn even more.
School was something that kept the thoughts away. The thoughts of how her parents died by those evil vampire beasts.
She hated vampires and with good reason. The rage bubbling up, she decided to do something about it. She picked up her book on elements. She was currently studying Fire, how it worked, how she could use it to her advantage. As time went on she started to fall asleep again, and within a few minutes her book was on top of head from reading it with her arms up in the air.

"Cassandra! Cass!!"
Cassandra woke with a fright. Her friend Aimee was staring at her and calling her name.
Amiee was an elemental mage too, but at a more advanced level.
"AH! Good, you're FINALLY awake" Aimee giggled. "I was just about to resort to chucking some water over you."
"You do that and you'll have to watch out for spiders in your bed again.. What time is it?" rubbing her eyes Cassandra got up and started to get changed into her uniform for Assassin schooling.
"It's 9AM... And you wouldn't dare..." As Amiee spoke with closed eyes and pointing a finger to Cassandra she was pushed onto her bed.
"I'M LATE! Sorry Amiee gotta go!"

She arrived to class 3 minutes late and her teacher was not going to be happy.
She walked into the class scanning the area for her teacher.
No sight of him... Might be able to sneak in.
With that she snuck in and plopped herself in her usual seat. She looked around the class and satisfied that she made it in safely she pulled out her books for class. Today was theory.
"Try not to be late again Cassandra..."
After flying 10 feet in the air she sat down and apologised to her teacher, but was still rather annoyed at the joke he played on her.
Still calming down from the jump Cassandra looked behind her. She noticed someone sitting right behind her that she had never seen before.
hmm must be a transfer from another class...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The New World
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Leanna was relatively new to the school. She had only been there for a day or two and had not really seen much of anything that impressed her besides the sheer variety of classes and learning. Though she never could have been more unlucky to have been the only Dark Elf in her class, or in fact. Possibly the whole school. Unhappy with the aspect she had tried to ignore it and attended her first class. What she had not expected was that they taught assassin skills here. Which she could not pass up, Leanna was sure she knew more about being a sneaky assassin then the teachers all combined.

Every now and then, she would regret having come here. Though she had never had any serious thoughts about leaving due to the fact she was apparently being hunted by a human bounty hunter or something... she did not even know if he was a bounty hunter or what she had even done to make someone angry. Not even having time to sleep, she had to go to her first class already, to which she later found out that people came not early like she did, but directly on time. As all the students walked in. She felt eyes prying on her and soon suspected that no one has ever seen a Dark Elf before... well, not a Dark Elf that was not on a wanted poster at least.

She did not have much stylish wardrobe, in fact... all she really had was her obsidian blue like armor *See image link on her char sheet for better description*. So it was either that or the fact she had pointy ears, ebony skin, white hair and purple colored eyes. Leanna suspected that it was the latter, and not just on a gut feeling. For when ever she looked at least someone was looking at her. She then noted someone walk in late, it was another girl. She was tempted to say to herself that she was not much older then her, though Dark Elves had a different aging system then most races. So while Leanna looked like a young female possibly around 18. She was virtually young as a Dark Elf at possibly a few years older then just 18 itself.

After the girl got scared, then sat in her seat. She looked behind her toward Leanna. She did not say anything, though she did seem questioning toward her presence here, Leanna took into account she was not known by anyone here as well.
"Whats wrong? never seen a Dark Elf before... I do not know why everyone keeps looking at me. I am decent are I not?" she said rudely about the latter and was more questioning in tone about the earlier words of the sentence.
She was ready for a lesson in class if it did come. As well as she was ready for a reply from the girl in front of her.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 pm 

Cassandra wasn't too happy with her tone, she looked her dead in the eyes. What's her problem? She's a new face, of course people are going to stare...
"You know," Cassandra said in a matter-of-fact way "You shouldn't assume that just because you're new here you have the right to be angry with someone you don't know. And no, I have never seen a dark elf before. Is that a problem with you?"
She turned around in her seat to face the front of the class. She opened her book to where they left off last time.
The nerve of that girl. Who does she think she is?
Cassandra was always interested in learning, regardless of what it was or in this case who it was. She tried to concentrate on her work but kept thinking how rude the girl behind her was.

The class ended and she saw the girl behind her pass her seat. She decided she might've been a bit harsh but decided it would be best to get to know her a little by doing a little investigating. It was her free period and this would be a good chance to test her tracking and sneaking skills.
What class are you off to next hmm?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:24 pm 

Leanna was not sure how to go about the rest of class. After asking some random girl about why people were looking at her. She had not thought about the fact that they may just be wondering who she was and why a new student was in class along with where she came from. Sooner rather then later she found the class was over and that this school did have some good knowledge to earn. Exiting the classroom she noted that not as many people were not looking at her as they were whispering.

After a few moments of wandering. She realized that she had no clue where she as going. Eventually her instincts kicked in to play and she felt as though someone was watching her, Leanna decided that instead of going with her instincts run, she would ignore it and hope that it was just another student. Not another hunter or something. Though who ever it was had been skilled. Leanna lived her life in the shadows. None could change that. Deciding again to let who ever it was have there fun. She figured she may as well spend her time trying to fin her next class, soon. She after many minutes of having no clue where to go. Leanna rested her back against a wall. Her lip twitching slightly in discomfort, she had no idea if anyone was still following her or watching her. To be frank, she did not care really. She just realized she did not belong in any organized learning environments. The less chaotic or dangerous environment she was in the less she could get around or become one of the crowd.

In fact, Leanna had probably seen more petty wars and useless fights and thievery then an average human has most of there life. She grew upon chaos and battle. Her people always up to something or another race trying to frame hers. Come to think of it, the "Bounty Hunter" was probably just an elf slaver or something that learned of her position and thought it be easy pickings a lonely dark elf.

"I wish my people did not have to become so ruthless... petty wars" She snorted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:23 pm 

After awhile, Cassandra felt pretty sure she was safe. She knew that the lady knew someone was following her but just not who or where.
She watched her walk around giggled when she got lost.
After awhile of amusement, she jumped through the air and landed in front of her while she rested against a wall.

"Hey there you big meanie! You look like your lost."
Cassandra, as ruthless as she could be, was a big softie at heart. She didn't want to hurt anyone unless it was a target or if she had to defend herself.
As she was just about to ask if she could help, Aimee came running at her and hit her on the head with small water bomb.

"AIMEE! When I get my hands on you..." She looked directly at her and started to make a move towards her.
"Don't you even think about it! That was for pushing me over this morn... Ew what is THAT doing here?"
Cassandra looked around, with a soaked head, to see what she was pointing at. She was pointing at the dark elf.
"I'm sure HER kind doesn't.."
"Leave her alone! She has every right to be here. Just like you and I she wants to learn." Aimee let out a little giggle.
"Cassandra, these things are criminals in every respect. They're evil things."
Cassandra realized why the dark elf was so hostile. She was the only one of her kind here and their race wasn't known for being too friendly.
How can someone be friendly if they never got the chance to be so? With that thought she turned around to Aimee.

"How about you go to class and I'll meet you at elemental training soon." Aimee puffed as if to say 'fine' and walked off to her next class, taking one last look at the dark elf and informing her friends she was with that a dark elf has entered the school.
Cassandra turned her attention to the dark elf.
"You look like you could use some directions, what class do you have next?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:58 pm 

Leanna narrowed her purple gaze at her with a serious stare. It quickly faded into one of only average interest.
"So, you were the one following me... no surprise there actually." She said in a neutral tone. The misgivings of the girls friend annoyed her greatly. Though it was nothing she was not use to. Crossing her arms, she could not help but feel under trusting toward this human. Even when she had offered help to her. Despite her negative emotions she could not deny that she needed help. Even though it was hardwired into her system to feel proud and not need help from anyone. She had to remember she was not at home. This type of stuff would not fly here... much like how it was in the city was her home. In this school it was more of her homeland when she was younger. Not able to do anything but learn the basics of Dark Elf life.

"Why would you want to help me?" she could not help asking. Then she quickly tossed her hand in a way to say "Never mind, I don't need to know." Quickly, it would have become apparent to anyone that she has not ever needed to say anything like this to anyone, or ask for favors like this.

"I would, appreciate it if you would help me..." she sighed out. "I have signed up for Assassin as my first. Warrior as my second and Magic as my sub class... I would assume I need to take my second. Warrior as it happens to be... I would also appreciate to know where Magic is for my sub class for later." Leanna closed her eyes.
"Sorry if I seem kind of confused right now, I lived in the city for a good few years and it would happen I have never needed anyone but the shadows... this, talking to somebody friendly is all new to me. Even when I was home in my homeland. Can you help me with finding my classes?"

"Oh, and you should probably not defend me in front of your "friends". Trust me, I am not worth it, though I do appreciate the sentiment. It is a good change of pace."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:27 pm 

Cassandra smiled at her, nodding when she said she was following her.
"Ohhh fancy yourself a warrior huh?" Cassandra giggled and pulled out a map from her bag.
"My friend Aimee gave this to me. It's an enchanted map that shows your location and the entire school. You should be able to guide yourself around with this. Don't worry, I can get another one."
She passed the map over to her.

She was taken aback when the elf told her not to defend her in front of her friends. She thought it was strange that just because she was a dark elf that she should be treated differently.
"Are you kidding me? She was completely out of line. Mages tend to be... a bit high class acting if you know what I mean."

Cassandra looked around the scenery and pointed to the mages tower.
It truly was a beautiful sight. The tower itself was built ages ago but still looked in pristine condition. The architecture that went into was impressive.
The mountains behind the tower made it look as if it was one with land.
“Great scenery huh?’

She turned to her again and showed her the schedule for her classes.
"I've got the next period free if you'd like to walk to your next class. Oh how rude of me!"
Cassandra extended her hand out to introduce herself.
"My name's Cassandra."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:59 pm 

Surprise surrounded the Dark Elf. She had no idea humans could be this nice. Or would be this nice.
Her proud nature almost forced her to reject the map, though she took it anyways knowing she would probably need it.
"Oh um, that is very kind of you" Shrugging, Leanna folded the map together and slipped it into her small bag.
As she started talking about the tower and mountains. Leanna could not help but agree. She did not voice that her homeland had structures much as big as this. Mainly because it truly was magnificent for human work. Suggesting because of how short they live. Mainly because of all the wars they have participated in and because of how fragile most humans are.

When the girl told her about possibly walking her to her next class and then held out her hand for some type of hand shake. Leanna looked at her as if she were crazy. Though her eyes softened and she nodded her head. Awkwardly holding the hand of the human girl she now knew as Cassandra. It was obvious she had not only never shook a hand, but it was also sure that she had never made contact with another being like this.
"Sorry for the H-and sh-ake? is it called. I am not usually accustomed to physical contact. I mean, I do not get what is with you humans and all the touching. It is kind of odd since we usually avoid physical contact unless we are meaning to cause physical harm. Some times emotional harm too I suppose." She said to Cassandra.
"Just so that we are even in greetings, I will tell you my name is Leanna... my full name Leanna Shade. One of the oldest families in my homeland, and... I would take kindly to you if you could accompany me I suppose, it would probably be good to know somebody in the school so that I am not completely lost. Just- if your friends start to question you. Do not regret or hesitate in ceasing communications with me."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Vidya was on her way back to the dorms when she saw it. A dark elf and a human walking together. Had she been in one of the towns on the border between elven and human lands, that would be nothing unusual. But here? Calling it unusual would be an understatement. She had the feeling that she'd seen both of them in classes on basic elemental magic, though given the size of the school, not knowing them by name wasn't surprising.

She reached out with her mind, tugging at the wisps of magic left by the spirits of those already gone. Finding a suitable candidate, she whispered into the mind of a field mouse that had died no more than a few months earlier. She conveyed information not with words, for a mouse had no hope of understanding such things. Instead, she spoke with concepts, pictures, noises. She questioned it relentlessly about the dark elf walking across the campus, stopping just short of overwhelming the poor creature. It hadn't seen her before. After spending any length of time at the school, you were bound to be at least seen by the mice.

Vidya released the terrified spirit and began to walk towards the odd pair.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:58 am 

"Don't be ridiculous! My friends are yours, there's no reason to treat a person the way Aimee did."
She smiled at her. Then she felt something, her instincts kicking in. She felt someone in their presence focusing their attention on them.
She shrugged it off her shoulder and pointed Leanna in the right direction for her next class.
With an excited jump while pointing in the direction they needed to walk she offered her help again. "I'll walk you there!"
She started to walk towards the Warriors section when she noticed someone walking towards them.

Hmm. Seeing lots of new people today...
She turned around and looked at Leanna.
There was something about her, something she felt that would intertwine their fates together. She wasn't sure what but she just knew she had to be her friend, not just because she couldn't stand having enemies even though being an assassin you would inevitably get them, but because she knew there was something there.

She looked back towards the girl she first saw walking towards her. She was closer. She was definitely coming to them..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:15 pm 

Vidya caught the human looking in her direction. She gave a lopsided smile and waved at them, breaking into a jog.

"Hi!" she called as she neared them. "I'm Vidya. Mind if I join you for a moment?" Not waiting for an answer, she fell into step next to the human and dark elf. "So . . ." she paused, forcing herself not to grimace as she opened her head to an assault by a cacophony of thoughts that didn't belong to her, leaving her with nothing but an earsplitting headache.

Well. That didn't go as planned. Realizing that she'd been silent far too long, she cleared her throat and began again. "How're you two doing? What're your names?"

The moment after she said it, she found herself still smiling; she was genuinely excited. She couldn't quite put her finger on why, but decided that it didn't matter. It felt as if something important had happened.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:59 pm 

Okay, now Leanna was starting to get suspicious. Two friendly humans on the same day? it was as though she was granted luck on the behalf of a god. She quickly decided that was unlikely and she attempted to return a wave back. She had never really done a wave as a greeting before. So she assumed she must have looked awkward.

"Hi, my name is Leanna... what a nice name you have Vidya" she forced the compliment. Not really understanding how this human would react to her. It was going well so far she had to admit.

Leanna knew that there was something up with these two, possibly something that would change her future. Though, it was more likely just a fluke and misinterpretation. Sooner rather then later, she expected the feeling of surrounding magic and the aura of something important to vanish. She was surprised as the strange feeling persisted. At this point, she hoped the important aura would eliminate it's self soon.

"Folbol fowai zhah aluin pholor..." she felt herself blink at the two as she realized they may not have understood her. She did not speak in English much, so it was kind of difficult and her native language usually slipped out every once in a while. Her accent now more apparent as she translated and spoke back into English.
"Something rather weird is going on here...." she sighed. "I am unsure if I like it, there is a feeling of strange importance in my bones... I just hope it does not last. Usual these things mean bad for me or someone else, or if we are lucky it could just be stray magic. Possibly a small magical energy wave from all the magic inclined students here."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:40 am 

Cassandra watched as the girl came up and stood with them in an awkward silence for a bit.
After introducing herself, asking what they were up to and watching Leanna's wave, she giggled and introduced herself.
"Hi! My name is Cassandra. I was just showing Leanna here to her next class."

She pointed to the map and showed her what direction they were headed.
Cassandra then heard Leanna say something strange and as she was about to ask what she said, she spoke normally with an accent.
Cassandra, with a disconcerting face, looked at Leanna.

"You know, that's pretty strange. I feel the same thing.. Not like something bad is going to happen but that something is going to happen."
She looked up at the sky and jumped in shock.
"You're going to be late! You saw what happened to me when I was late."

With that she decided to try and get the two going to make sure Leanna got to class on time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:00 am 

"All three of us feeling the same thing? Not a coincidence. Actually, that's a bit worrying. The summoning professors usually warn us before they, or someone they know, starts messing with latent magical energies; it can have a large effect on people's ability to call spirits," Vidya said, cocking her head to the side.

"Bah! Lateness. The bane of every student's existence. Excluding homework, of course. That goes without saying. Come to think of it, I haven't spent nearly enough time in the martial parts of the school. I think I'll tag along for a bit, see what there is to see," she said. After a moment, she added, "Would you be willing to teach me your language some time, Leanna? I'd love to learn it."

They walked on, a great deal faster now. The sound of mourning doves filled the air; dull blades crashing together and being shoved aside by shields provided an uneven beat for the birds' melody as they went. The lack of professors screaming at the students meant that they had arrived before class began, albeit only just.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:50 pm 

She nodded to Cassandra o as she noted that she had felt it to some degree. So did the other student that was oddly friendly to her too. As Vidya started talking about being late, she could not agree. Leanna had only been a student here for not even a day and she had already almost been late to a class after being early to her first. Never has she been so late to something in her life, and that was a goodly sized record she wanted to keep.

Nodding her head to Vidya also, she could not help a smile.
"My races tongue is not just some another thing that you could just learn in a night, Lady Vidya. Just be good to remember how you were the one to ask for such a lesson." She said with attempted humor. Hoping it did not sound plainly sarcastic and rude. Then there was that magical wave of energy again. Being an Elf, she had no doubt that she could feel it more specifically then the others. No doubt also that they could feel it. Though her heritage did help her a little more.
"Lets just. Continue on with our day..." she murmured oddly. Not wanting to pay attention to the growing magic. She would just ignore it for now. If it got to out of control, she was certain to leave out of an uneasy feeling, for now though... it was fine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:14 pm 

As they were all walking to class Cassandra announced they were close to their destination.
The land of the warriors section was massive, holding a group of buildings all with weapons, training arenas and theory classes.
They continued to walk to get to Leanna's class. She looked up at the sky and knew that Leanna was going to be just on time for class.

That's when it happened. The sky started to glow, a colour that went from a light red to a dark red. She looked around at the sky, wondering what was going on. She stopped when she saw the biggest meteor she had ever seen in her life, heading straight for the school. People in panic all around her as she could do nothing but stare into the eyes of something that screamed doom as it plummeted towards their home.

"Cassandra! Cass! What's going on!?" Aimee ran up to her, Cassandra still not responding.
"CASS! We need to get out of here, the teachers said we have to head for the mages towers.."
Cassandra came to and realized Aimee was there. All she heard was mages tower and assumed that was where she was supposed to go.

She turned around to Vidya and Leanna. She looked at them with watery eyes, knowing that this could be the last time they saw each other. They just met but she felt attached to them. No.. This is not how it will end!
“Follow me! We’ve got to get to that tower!”