All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:43 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Shouting. It was something she’d come to expect with every new round of recruits. Over the years, it’d become the one thing she could count on, the one constant that never changed despite the cycling out of faces. His voice, though, it was so loud. Due to my injuries, no doubt… came a tired thought as she continued to breathe, to listen to what was being said around her and hoping Wryn would be able to handle the influx of questions.

A sharp intake of breath came next, her brows pulling together as she felt the last of her organs shifting to the correct spots, and then it all felt better; Worn, but certainly better. The next thing she heard was thanks. It was excited, which she expected, but to be so focused on how he could repay her, rather than where he was, struck her as odd. Maybe, he hasn’t noticed yet… came another thought, trying for a smile, one that flickered over her features before disappearing and trying to stand, only to find arms around her.

That was something she hadn’t noticed before, being held. So into the healing she’d been that someone holding her didn’t register. Now that it was, she didn’t want to be that close.

As he helped her stand, she glanced in his direction for but the span of a heartbeat, meeting his eyes for even less time than that before giving her own thanks. Her voice was quiet, partly due to Wryn now addressing the crowd, while the other part of it was purely out of habit. “Merci, monsieur…” A curtsy was given, her head dipping as did the rest of her, a little shaky on her feet but fine otherwise. Then, without regaining that eye contact, she moved to Wryn’s side, hands held in front of her, gaze downcast.

She went unnoticed, however, as Cassius was wholly into this spiel being given. His arms remained crossed, eyes boring into Wryn’s, not bothering to deviate from his form. Yes… came a bemused thought, accompanied by an eye roll. This is the time to crack jokes of how ‘handsome’ you are…right. But, he didn’t jump in. He let the man, the butthole in question, get through the entirety of his explanation—a **** poor one, at that—before asking his own question.

“Ah, yes…because, this is how it works, right?” His voice was low, waiting for his attention. Once received, he continued. “‘The cards’ pick us, and we’re stuck here…With you, and Wonder Woman over there, along with whatever gods you claim we’re to serve; If we’re not damned, that is.” His brow lifted, jaw clenching just a bit. “Sounds like we’re already damned if we’ve been brought here, with no say in the matter, and only you to keep us in line. Where are these gods, hmm? Enlighten us. With whom are we to be spending our immortality with? Or, is that classified while we rot in this ‘new home’ you plan on keeping us in?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:45 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Wryn
Wryn smirked, listening to Cassius' questions. He remembered back when he was chosen, there had been a man with the same attitude. There seemed to be at least one with every new group, or at least since he's been involved. "I assure you, young man, that you are not the only one who has felt angered and trapped by this process. The gods will most likely be here tomorrow, watching you all. Some may be here now in fact, though you'll only see them if they want you to. Of course, you could always ask them to show themselves, but I suggest you be very polite if you decide on doing so..." Wryn knew he was baiting the man, but he didn't feel like arguing with the guy all night. Besides, he knew several of the gods enjoyed dealing with the argumentative ones in their own way.

Ryker
Ryker stepped up to Brooke as Wryn answered the man's questions. "Are you all right?" The girl, though obviously powerful, appeared shy so he kept his voice soft so as not to startle her. "You still look a little shaky. I can help you to your room if you'd like?" His hand was gentle as it lightly touched her arm, ready to catch her if she were to fall.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

"So, we are just some pawns in whatever sick game the gods have decided to play with us? Because we are just that expendable? Because we don't matter?" He growled and turned away for a moment before his gaze snapped back to the man who claimed to be there to help, but thus far had done nothing but give them the run around.

"How exactly were we all chosen? I mean you would have wanted to pick the strongest, smartest, etc. Correct?" he paced a bit while he talked, hands behind his back in a relaxed fashion, though the tension was clear in his shoulders. "I mean this kind of reminds me of that Aliens movie, you know the one where they gathered a bunch of humans to hunt on some alien animal reserve," he looked about the group to see if at least the humans knew what he spoke of. "Remember how they all had their little skills and talents? Mostly it involved killing and maiming others. Which, again makes sense in a situation like that, it would also make sense in situation like this. After all, a game would be boring if we were all accountants and such, right? Nothing really challenging about defeating some number crunching nerd. All you would have to do is break their calculator and that would just cripple their resolve," he smirked and looked again at the group as he took stock of just who was there in the group and honed in again on the man who seemed far too interested in woman who had literally just been near death.

"I mean we have no real idea who any of us are, or what any of us did before now. I could tell you all that I am just a humble construction worker and that I spend my time helping the homeless. All you have to go on is that I am being honest with you and that I am not lying. But, this is some kind of a game and it would be in my best interest that you all thought I was something else, right?" he paced a bit again then returned to the group, more specifically toward the man he was focused on the woman. "I mean I could be a murderer and from how interested he is over there with some complete stranger. I would say he was the Eric Foreman of our group, you know a rapist. Hell, anyone of us could be rapist or some kind of psychopathic killer. We don't know, except that you told us we were here to fight for the Gods," he scoffed and shook his head. "Oh yeah I will get right on the whole lets just skip off to our dorms like good little boys and girls."

It was obvious that Ace was rather done with this whole thing and wanted nothing to do with it. If they wanted him to cooperate then more answers were needed. "Hey buddy how about you leave the lady alone?" he said to the man he had just called a rapist. "Sure the last thing she wants is some sweaty stranger rapist all in her face after what she just went through."

Rapist. It was such an ugly word. A word that more people took offense too more often than anything else. Call someone a thief, a crook, a murderer and they are upset yes, but they get over it. Call someone a rapist and now you have insulted the very character of their being. Called them something that was morally wrong and offended their very nature as a decent human being.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:13 pm 

Ryker

Ryker looked at the man who had apparently decided that he was a rapist. He stepped away from Brooke and moved towards Ace. "So someone who is worried about and offers to help someone who just went through what she did is automatically a rapist?" To his credit, Ryker kept his voice calm. He knew enough about the woman behind him to know she was timid, especially around men minus the guy everyone was questioning; Ryker figured the last thing she needed was for people to start fighting around her. "Please, forgive me for not playing twenty questions with you guys. Yes, I notice I'm not in Kansas anymore; no, this isn't normal for me, but I figured at least some of us in the group need to keep our calm while the rest of you freak out enough for the rest of us," he said, looking at both Cassius and Ace. "The guy said his spiel, he's answered your questions to the best of his ability; I highly doubt it will change anything if I start asking him the same questions." Ryker eyed Ace with a smirk, seeing his construction hat and tank top. "Looks like the Village People with have to do without you tonight, huh?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:26 pm 

Owner

A nerve was struck and Ace just stared the man in the eye and allowed him to retaliate, though poorly. When he was done he just smiled, his best and friendly smile, “I am sorry that I feel the need to know about my surroundings to want to know more about just who is playing with my life because I have people who rely on me and need me back home. I am sorry that you were raised with Barney and is all happy with the “I love you, you love me thing”.” His voice remained calm and even just like his expression, though his eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at the man closer.

“Did someone love you too much, hug you too close? Or perhaps even touched a bit too much, cause that would explain the whole rapist thing, though I will admit that I am wrong with that. I mean you know of the village people and your eyes lingered just a bit too much on my form,” his head now cocked slightly to the side. “She is obviously safe as you have a taste for more manly meat. Which is fine by me, I will just sleep on my back tonight. Even if I expect given your overall get up, that Eric Forman would have to drug his prey first, right?”

To that he decided he was done with the whole conversation and walked off, regardless if the man could muster a retort or not.

“Eric here is done not asking questions and honestly I am done not getting any answers. Plus, I think that being of some kind heart you should see to your friend and just direct us again to our dorms. Might as well try to get some sleep for the night and prepare for the rapin…I mean the games tomorrow. Right?”

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:28 am 

Medals: 3
3rd Year (1)

Kendra was late like she was usually. Getting out of bed in a fit of energy only to trip over her shoes that never got put up and fell with a thud on the ground. After a moment of blinking she got up and ran around her room pulling on her jeans followed by her bra and shirt. The girl ran into the bathroom brushing her teeth as she brushed her blonde hair. Once she was done she applied a light pink eyeshadow followed by mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. She ran downstairs and opened the front door letting out a cry at a stranger standing there.

"Who are you?"

She asked slamming the door shut but that stranger stopped it.

"Take a card."

He said in a voice that caused a shiver to go up her spine.

"Oookay?!"

She said taking a card, against her better judgment she took a card. She looked down.

"Seven of clubs...what does this mea- oohhh."

The stranger was gone. She blinked looking around thinking that maybe this was just a dream but she indeed did have the card.

"Crazy old person."

She whispered before the glowing of the card caught her attention and seemed to travel to the inside of her wrist.

"What the..."

She asked blinked looking around noticing she was no longer in her house...she was in a big arena. The sound of voices caught her attention and she turned around to see a group of people and raised a brow before walking closer but hadn't said anything yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:31 pm 

Ryker

He snickered at the man's lousy attempt at trying to put him down. "So just because a person knows of the Village People that makes them gay? Well, in that case you may as well come on over and give me a kiss Big Boy, seeing how you know of them as well." He laughed. "You may want to go back to school, they have some more modern insults I'm sure the kids would be happy to teach you." Ryker turned back around to Brooke. "Miss, I apologize if I made you uncomfortable in any way. It was never my intention; I just wanted to be sure you were okay." With that, he walked away and disappeared amongst the group.

Anthony

Anthony sighed as two men towards the front started to argue, something about a guy in a construction get-up calling someone else gay. His gaze wandering off, he noticed a blonde-haired girl walking quietly towards the group. His face immediately turned red and he looked away as soon as his eyes met hers. He silently cursed his awkwardness around beautiful women. Say 'hi!' No! Don't, play it cool. Don't be rude, say something at least! "I like your shirt." He looked away and facepalmed himself. Her shirt? Really? That's not creepy at all. You should have just stayed quiet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:44 pm 

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.

She’d fallen into herself once more, not wanting to hear the same message said for another time. In her years, the questions never changed. The personalities became more confident, more certain, more assertive, but they never deviated from the line of questioning that those before them asked. So, where there was never anything new, never anything that challenged her to think outside her bubble, she remained quiet, subdued, allowing Wryn to handle the influx of questioning from two of the men in the group.

Had it not been for the other gentleman stepping up to her and touching her arm, she’d not have come out of her trance-like state at all; On the contrary, she’d have remained such until she felt Wryn’s presence leave, shifting and pulling her along with it like a magnet across a thin surface.

But, the moment his hand touched down, she jumped, glancing up at him with wide, unseeing eyes. Her lips parted as though to speak, though no sound ever emerged. She was at a loss for words all around, and the strain from merely standing there as her body continued to heal itself was enough to keep her from holding the capacity to be fully coherent and articulate just then. All she wanted to say was that she was fine, that this was a normal thing, and he needn’t worry about her when there were others that could better benefit from his attentions.

…Instead, another voice pulled her attention, this one far louder than the one before…with accusations of rape.

Edmée was surprised her eyes could go wider, gaze bouncing back and forth between the newly heated pair as they went back and forth. “Rape”…By far one of the ugliest words she’d come to learn in her years of immortality. It was certainly ugly prior to her transformation, her servitude, but its true meaning and just what it cost those that it happened to had been unknown to her until she began to watch time pass by. It was only in that time she truly came to detest the word, its meaning, and any associated with it.

Now, for the first time since she was brought into the games…someone was called a rapist. A man, who was touching her, was called a rapist.

There were no words in the English, or French, language that could describe the shock and discomfort she suddenly felt about being around this entire group of people.

Cassius, on the other hand, was thoroughly amused by the display. The moment “rape” came out, and the comparison to “Eric Foreman” was made…he was beside himself. Laughter tumbled from his lips, free and bitter, as he took in the Foreman of their group with new eyes. He didn’t look too bad to him, but he could see the annoyance in the other man’s eyes, the accusers, and it warmed his heart to see everyone getting on so swimmingly. All he could do during the duration of that exchange was laugh, quoting lines from the infamous movie to himself, before interjecting into the conversation.

“Like my unwitting compatriot here, I’m getting no answers that are even remotely satisfactory,” he started, regarding the group (including the newest arrival) with a steely, dark gaze. “So, how about we all just go to our dorms, get wasted, and call it a night? After all, if we’re going to start fighting one another, I want to be thoroughly hungover to give the rest of you a fighting chance; Or to break out of this delusion with some heavy vomiting...Whichever comes first.” A quick glance at Edmeé was given with a wink before returning his eyes to Wryn. When he didn't move right off, he waved a hand in dismissive fashion. “Lead on, then? I’d like to start this drunk thing as soon as possible.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:27 pm 

Penn was watching the whole thing, pretty speechlessly. She was finding it difficult to keep up and who knew what was going on in this bizarre, bizarre place which was as far removed from her home as was humanly possible. But maybe 'humanly' was the wrong word because some of these beings were beginning to look anything but.

Come to think of it, Penn, herself, was beginning to feel a bit strange. Maybe it was just the shock of the whole ordeal. She felt slightly weaker, as if she didn't have enough blood racing through her veins. When she glanced down at her arms, they appeared slightly paler than usual. Huh, odd.

She heard someone say something about a rapist and, if it was possible to feel anymore uneasy about the whole situation, she did. She was useless when it came to physical combat; how could she wrestle off a rapist?! She took an automatic step back from the group and started rubbing her elbows nervously. She wished she'd brought a thicker jacket - oh, wait, she never planned this strange trip in the first place.

Which, of course, got her brain thinking for the hundredth time since she'd arrived in this mysterious setting; why on earth was she here? She heard something vaguely about games and gathering humans but nobody had directly answered her question. She wasn't particularly strong or brave or heroic. Just plain, old Penn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:48 am 

Owner

The group was dissolving rapidly, talking amongst themselves, a few brave enough to speak up and try to confront Wryn about where they’d been taken and how they’d been taken there. Cassius still wanted answers, but seemed content to play this off as a bad dream; Edmée knew otherwise. She knew all too well that this dream would wear on for the rest of her days, much like her own had done. It’d taken time—years, in fact—for the full gravity of her situation to set in, but when it did…no longer did she pray that it were a dream as those prayers went unanswered and laughed at.

Instead, she wished for the end of time.

As Wryn seemed to be more the subject of their anger and upset, she stepped forward, clearing her throat to catch the group’s attention. Though the sound and action itself was small, it carried, a talent she’d picked up over the years to compensate for the one thing that’d been drilled into her from birth: “A lady of breeding ought never to raise her voice any louder than the... gentle hum of a whisper in the wind.” Once she was certain she had their undivided attention, even Wryn falling quiet as she glanced in his direction, her soft, sad gaze falling on each in turn…she spoke.

“I know that this…is where you wish not to be….” A pause followed as her brow furrowed, the French lilt in her voice prevalent, trying as she sought to convey her thoughts properly. “…I know, too, that you will understand not what is asked of you, even after it is asked.” Another glance at Wryn before she gestured to a gate, a gate that didn’t appear to have been there only moments before. “…But to continue to question what is not understood in the highest sun is not wise. Those of you who need drink, it shall be given. Those for sustenance, be assured it will be received. You’ve a place to sleep and to try to relax, despite the task laid at your feet…”

Her eyes glanced in the direction of the men who’d seemed most at odds, lingering no more on one over the other. “You may not wish to follow, but I wish you do…if only so that you may further seek answers out of the sun and instead in the few comforts we’ve provided…”

Though she waited a moment for some sort of a sign, she wasn’t certain that they would follow, so she took off on her own. Her steps were slow, still tired and drained from what she’d performed moments prior but determined to get those willing inside; Those who chose to straggle would eventually come…as they always did.

At the sound of increasingly steady followers, she led the way forward, out of the arena and seamlessly into their “new home”. No matter how many times she gave this rattled-off informational tidbit, it never got easier, felt any better. It felt like she was leading them to their slaughter. “This is the Great Hall. If ever any of you are not competing, you are most welcome to socialize here, to get to know one another…While some may think that unwise, given the circumstance…getting to know one another may be a blessing…” Her hand gestured toward the bookshelf off to the side, head nodding in its direction. “That shelf will provide you with any book of your dreams. Whatever your mind can concoct, it will pull forth.”

To demonstrate this fact, she closed her eyes, her hand adding a gesture as a small book appeared on the shelf. Walking over, she took hold of it, of Shakespeare’s book of sonnets and held it momentarily to her chest. “Moving on…”

She took them through the Mess Hall, briefly took them onto the terrace to show them the gardens in which they could get fresh air, and continued on toward the Barracks. “These rooms…will likely be your most important while competing…Your bedrooms…Barracks, as they’ll come to be known by you, addressed as such by those like I who serve the gods…” Another pause as she stopped outside a door. “…Cassius, I need you, please, as well as one volunteer if anyone would be so kind.”

Cassius rolled his eyes and stepped forward, glancing at the movement that followed. Ace. Unsurprising, came an apathetic thought as he shifted to give the man girth.

“Each room is meant for you and you alone. No one can enter your room…but you.” Looking over at Ace, she bowed her head. “Would you please attempt to open that door for me?” Only after he’d attempted (and failed) did she speak again. “These rooms are unlocked by the mark you’ve been given upon your hand.”

Cassius rose his brow, skeptical, reaching forward to open the door and finding it willing to comply without much fuss. He shot Edmée a mildly impressed glance, only to then shoot one at Ace as though to urge him to try and go through it now that it was open. That look thus prompted her to look at Ace with another look of apologetic plea. “If you would please attempt to enter the room…” When it was clear that Ace couldn’t get in, despite his attempts, she spoke again. “These rooms…will be the safest places you’ll have. Only I, Wryn, and others of my kind can get into the room, apart from you.” Then, after a thought, her gaze lowered. “This may not seem a comfort…but you’ll soon learn that we are not your enemy.”

Rather than stay with the group, Cas wandered further into his room, plopping down on the bed and sprawling out. Not too shabby…

“Anything you require, it is our job to see to it you’re taken care of. Just…think of me, and I’ll be there to help you. Or Wryn, or any other you wish to speak to,” she added, walking further down the corridor. “That is…really all that I can offer you, and I…” Cutting off the last, she instead shook her head. “I’ll show you each to your rooms, and you’ll be free to move about as you wish, free to get familiar with your surroundings and those you will now be seeing a plethora of…” Glancing back for the first time since her final piece, walking at a slow pace, she offered one final sentiment. “I’m certain you all still have…a great many questions. Are there any that I may help address about what I have just informed you of, or anything else I’ve mentioned with this tour?”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:17 pm 

Owner

“He thought I was funny,” Ace said as he pointed to Cassius. When “Forman” walked away, Ace merely smirked and waited for this circus to get underway. There was nothing left to say really, so he followed after the woman who had unfortunately become the center of attention when “Forman” had decided to be all hero guy with her. Honestly, he did regret dragging her into the incident and in other circumstances would have settled the matter likely with his fists. However, as he was not sure whether or not such acts were allowed or not and at the moment he was not of the mind to **** any one off unless he felt he could come out on top.

At least for the moment anyway.

The sand and dirt of the arena gave way to the smooth and chiseled feel of worked stone and he found himself paying attention to the world around him. If he was going to be stuck here for a while, he might as well pay attention and learn what he could. The door trick was interesting to say the very least and he was more than happy to assist in the demonstration. It was his way to try and make up for his earlier behavior. When he came to his room he opened the door and found that it mimicked Cassius’s room, in design and make up as it contained a bed with a fire place, plush chairs for seating and various decorations. It was without a doubt nicer than his own room back home, but it still lacked that personal touch he would have felt had he been home instead of there.

That thought of home is what prompted him to ask his next question. “Do you and the others live here as well?” he asked of Edmée.