All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To Build Fires [Open]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:38 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

He lets out a low and slow sigh, his breath leaving his lungs and escaping out of his mouth and nostrils. He inhaled the cold air around once more before he scoots over and sits near the fire he made outside. The warmth it provided as well as the sound of the wood crackling calmed the fellow orc. Late at night and away from his home at the moment, Boris took this time for himself to finally relax and calm his nerves a bit, with only to him and his surroundings.

It seemed like his village really wanted a lot from him today. Be it he did get some help with some tasks, the orc had ended up with an aching back and arms and a minor headache to go with it by the end of the day. Letting out another sigh, Boris tried to ease his mind. He vaguely considers maybe making some tea, seeing as he brought himself a tin pot, a small cup, and some herbs.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 pm 

Suddenly, a bright burning ball of fire streaks across the sky. Nearly grazing the tree tops just above Boris. The ball of fire crashed into the hillside just across the way. Then, Cass comes charging up the hill, riding his trusty monster of a horse Sodom, both still wearing their battle armor. Noticing the campfire burning, he slows his charge to see who has made camp. Noticing Boris by the flame, Cass yells out to Boris, "What in the holy hell was that?!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:53 pm 

Almost dragging her feet which felt as if they weighed almost fifty pounds each, Alilina trudged on toward the glow of what seemed to be a fire. Her muscles ached and her head throbbed. She had been running, then jogging, then walking for almost three days now.

Suddenly she saw a bright orb or light arc over her and toward the fire. She let out a cry of shock and wondered if she had been heard. Then realized she was so exhausted she had never considered whether the ones at the fire could be friend or foe. She breathed in sharply and hoped she hadn't been heard as she crouched down in the shadows.

PostThis post was deleted by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 pm.
Reason: OOC In IC
PostThis post was deleted by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 pm.
Reason: OOC in IC
PostThis post was deleted by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 pm.
PostThis post was deleted by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 pm.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 pm 

“What was that?” Yelled Nina jumping off of the tinker cart, pointing at a large ball of fire flying across the sky.

“Something not good.” Muttered her grandfather.

“Can we go she what it was?” Nina Grandfather shook his head no and turned back to his tea. Nina scowled. Her grandfather never let her do anything fun.

---Ray Bradbury

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 pm 

Boris shrugging, to my call, I shouted to him on top of my trusty steed. "I'm heading towards that monstrosity, go fourth and tell the village, we know not what that was!" With a quick spur Sodom exploded into a sprint, weaving in and out of the spruce trees, and leaping over fallen ones. All the while Cass thinking to himself, what will I find upon arrival to that fallen star?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:20 pm 

Ardica crawled out of the pit left by the ball of fire.
"I can't even enjoy a night of watching the stars without a ball of fire shooting over my head and nearly killing me."
She sighed then noticed the figure of a man inside the flames.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:36 pm 

As Cass approached the approximate area of what fell from the sky, he could see that the tops of the tress had been broken off and burned, many small fires littered the ground, growing in numbers as he began to get closer. Arriving at ground zero, there is a massive crater several hundreds of feet long with a bright blazing fire sitting at the end. slowing his approach as to not rush into danger, Cass began to survey the surrounding area. " I know that I was not the only one to see this, more people will be coming soon." " I need to know what is going on!"

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:21 pm 

The man advances on Ardica and she looks around frantically for a chance to escape. In the distance she sees a man on a horse, "Oh great, two of them," she thinks, "How am I gonna get out of this one."