All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forbidden Planet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:55 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

The Shojo was getting ready to enter the atmosphere of a large planet. It was a small ship that wasn't much to look at, its long angular hull barely concealing the under-slung cylindrical storage tanks. It was carrying a crew of fifteen comprised of a mix of well-armed grunts and scientist and likely a stowaway or two hidden among the cargo. Normally the cargo holds were well searched before takeoff but the captain had been in a hurry and didn't bother with the usual safety checks.

The plan was for the Shojo to land and the crew to set a temporary encampment and start exploring, find out what resources the planet had. Resources that could be sold to the highest bidder while the company started colonization while the natives were either neutralized or captured for use in medical experimentation. They were just animals after all.

"All right you peons, listen up. This is Eden, everything that lives on this plant wants to kill you and eat you. There is a large population of hostile natives. They are well armored and they are very hard to kill. You are to shoot them on sight. Hesitate and they will chew your up and spit you out dead." Grant let his eyes roam over the sorry bunch of men that crowed the small cargo hold. Not a solider among them. Every last one was a gun for hire, dumb grunts out of a fast buck and had a itchy trigger finger and didn't ask any questions. Give them a weapon and point them in the right direction and hope they didn't end up shooting each other.

Perfect for clearing out hostiles so construction could began.

The thick humid forest was comprised of thick spiraling trees standing many stories tall, rough metallic bark gleaming in the late summer sun. It was growing lush and green with new foliage thanks to the near constant storms. Strange and wondrous creatures were living among the thick undergrowth and in the tall canopy, filling the humid air with the sound of strange bird calls and humming of large carnivorous insects and soft ripples of a shallow fast moving creek.

He lounged under his favorite tree idly chewing at one large cat –like paw, long dexterous tongue wrapping around the thick spines that were deeply embedded in the tough pads of his paw.

The spines were from a plant notorious for burying its vines just under the surface of the ground so only the thick gleaming thorns were visible under the thin layer of soil and leaves, blending in almost perfectly. He winces as he pulls one of the large thorns out of the thick tough pad, spitting the offending thing out before going back to working the rest out unaware of ship high in orbit or how it's organic crew would shatter everything he knew.

He vaguely resembled the dragons found in the story books of earth with his long tail, large wings, four powerful legs and long neck. And that’s where the semblance ended. Instead of scales he was covered in matte black and charcoal grey metal plates that blended in with the deep wells of shadow and wings comprised of feather shaped metal plates instead of leathery membrane.

The head that sat upon the long flexible neck is more avian then reptilian, jaws full of razor sharp teeth. High set nostrils flare taking in the thick rich scent of a coming storm. Unlike the monstrous beasts of legend, he was not the size of a house. From his paws to the arch of his back he stood just a little over six feet tall.

Last edited by Rose_and_Raven on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Forbidden Planet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:48 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"In the universe there are planets that have been explored by the human racer and then others that have been left alone. Humans are very curious people and have made themselves known by almost every planet and race in the galaxy. Because of the actions that they have taken, they are pretty much hatted by 40% of the creatures that they have came into contact with. I have on the other hand do not judge a creature by the acts of their race, but by the way that individual makes its own decisions. My name is Gorlathe Interadum and I am proud to say that this is a talk show about those very curious beings. Humans. Anyone that is listening to this galaxy wide transmission station may say their own opinions about this fascinating race." This is all I can hear through my wireless transceiver as I do my work. I always wondered what other species thought of me and my race but now I see that we, as a race, especially suck according to everyone else. I for one don't like what my race has done to every other planet. We took their resources and their peace of mind.

Yesterday thinking back at that transmission that I heard, I thought about what I could do to make peace with any aliens that I could ever come into contact with. At first I couldn't figure anything out. I kept moving around in my bed last night so now I have an uncomfortable crook in my neck. My bed isn't the best and most comfortable either. I live on Earth which is now almost completely a barren waste land. Nothing would help me more than to get off of this planet and get a better life and job. As I got out of bed and stretched, I cringed from pain and held my neck. I knew today's work was going to suck badly because of this. I had nothing to eat for breakfast so I just went on to the rest of my morning routine. I went out to the back of my small, little, wooden cottage like house and picked up a couple of large barbells. I had found them when I was in the middle of looking for food. I literally paid nothing for them. I did a small work out and looked into my cracked mirror. I examined the mirror like I do almost every morning. There was a piece missing from the top right corner of and a large piece missing from the bottom left corner. I began to look at myself in the mirror and couldn't tell myself the answer to my earlier question. "What could I do to get other species to like me when they can clearly see that I am a human?" As I checked out my caramel skin, clean cut hair that I have to do myself, and my muscular body structure, I thought to myself that obviously I can convince them that I am not like other humans. If I was just to talk to them and hold a conversation with them, they would see that I am not just some filthy human being with nothing to live for. With that in mind, I had to make my way to work after dressing myself into my work clothing.

It used to be the standard uniform for the army years ago. My boss says that it doesn't matter what we wear as long as we get the work done and that I was fine with. I put on my camouflage outfit that matched completely. It had bullet proof fabric built into it, well because the people wearing the uniforms were going to be shot at obviously. My proper field of work is in the asteroid belt that forms the rings around Saturn. I drill into the asteroids looking for one of the most useful elements that Earth has ever discovered. They call it Prf-32. Earth already used most of this resource decades ago to the point where it is rare now. It was rich enough to power New York for about two weeks with just one pound. But now in the average asteroid, you can only find 3 grams of it. This is why I chose a bullet proof outfit, to keep the shards of rock from hurting me.

After getting dressed, I was off to work in a supply ship that the company provided. It does have high powered rifles hidden within them in the rear so that we can protect ourselves from any hostiles that we may encounter. Good thing I was taught how to wield and operate a gun. With this supply ship, it takes about an hour just to get to Saturn. Which is not bad unless you are late or something. Once I got there, I immediately got to work so that I could get done as much as possible. I get payed by how much I bring in. I worked and worked all day until lunch came. I always ate by myself because everyone else there were ignorant and had no insight of what could be waiting for us outside of our solar system. After lunch, I went to work for hours and hours until my shift was over and it was night time on earth. I packed up my supplies and the Prf-32 that I had found. Today I had especially enough to get by. Today was a good day for work and I didn't even feel that knotch that I felt in my neck. But suddenly as I was driving home, the built in navigation system on the truck malfunctioned and was completely fuzzy. The steering wheel of the truck was locked and I couldn't do anything. I ended up crashing on mars, completely missing Earth. The crash was horrible and glass was every where. The wreckage from the truck left almost nothing that was fixable. I only saw this after I awakened from being unconscious. I had no idea how long I had been out but as I woke up, I noticed that everything was gone. Every little thing, including that element, was stolen. I checked the hidden compartment in the back for the weapons and they were all still there. There was an S-32 reformed assault rifle with and extended clip as well as a silver pistol. Each had 2 extra clips of ammo. I grabbed both and held on to them tightly. I saw no one around and that was great for me. I went off to look for a ship to get me off of this planet and onto my own.

I can across a tiny, tiny town that was thought to be deserted until I saw a small ship that was purple with chrome stabilizers on each side. I went for it as soon as I saw it. Once I reached it, I pulled my rifle from my side. It was hanging from a strap that was a brown leather. I took off the safety and held the gun up high. I enter the side of the ship and searched the cockpit and the cargo center. No one was here. I took advantage of this opportunity and took control of this ship. It was already running but I had no idea how to use it. I started to press buttons that seemed like they would help and after five minutes the ships system said something in another language that I couldn't understand. The ship began to lift off. There was a massive push once it began to move. I had never been on something so fast. I sat in the circular chair and used the seat belt that only wrapped my waist. It began to fly at top speed out of the atmosphere and into space. Before I knew it, I saw colors that I couldn't even imagine existed. I thought about it and I realized that this must be warp speed or something. I heard about this from an open transmission. I was amazed until the high speed began to make me feel uncomfortable. My stomach sank, my ears popped, and my head was pounding. My body couldn't take this much speed. Within about 2 minutes of that torture, the ship slowed down to a stop dramatic and began to land on a planet that i had never seen before. I didn't know what was going to happen on this planet but I was starting to miss my little house on Earth more and more...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 pm 

Hot, humid and hellish. These were the only words Aureole could muster up to describe this damned area. The sun blazed down upon him causing his long red hair to appear as fire blazing freely in the wind. He observed the desert wastleand that circled his small community and sighed, no one was outside today due to temperature which meant that income would sadly not be gained today."Dam it all." He whispers as he stands and begins to walk to his tent. He purposefully lived in a tent because he could then place it anywhere and he chose to live on a small formation of rocks with a flat rock on to that looked over the town. The reason for this was quit obviouse, if anyone walked into an ally way he would know with in moments as his one good eye rarely left the twon. His other eye was injured horribly, it was now white with a scar above and below it. He enters his canvas tent and takes a seat on top of the blanket that was his bed. He holds his knees, rocking back and forth, trying to forget the intense burn in his throat. "Thats it." He says in a rasped tone, "Im getting water the last way i can." With this remark he stands up and walks over to a small wooden chest. He undoes the rusted metal latches and opens the antient oak that creaks, showing its age. There, lying on red velvet, was a very well taken care of pistol. He pisk it up gently and runs his hand over the sleeks black crome plated barrel. It was the only expensive item he had and it has kept him alive. Aureole's theory to life on this god forsaken planet was simple, you need water or valued possesions to get water and food in order to live.. if you didnt have currency. But, when all of these get because you were a street rat, you had to take it. He exits his tent wearing the only cloths he had, a baggy white shirt and tight black pants. His purple and white eyes lock onto the town well in the distance, in this heat it would dry up soon and Aureole needed it badly. He cocked the pistol and tied the black bandana around the bottom of his face. He proceeded to tie a yellow nadana around the top portion of his head as well. Two armed guards were stationed at the well during all hours, law enforcement on this planet was rare but there were exceptions for the well. All Aureole needed was one good bucket full and he intended to get it. These guards were armed with assualt rifles and cover was limited. "Dont see why the **** not." Aureole says as he starts down to the town. He walks over sand drifts in thr=e flaming sun until finally reaching the town itself. Small one man starships fly over head. "Lucky bastards." He rasps, "At least they get to leave this hell of a planet." He is now staring at the well, it is rite up the street and he prepares to draw his gun when suddenly two more guards come to take their shifts. "4 guards." He murmers shaking his head and removing his bandana's. "No possible way." He sighs and closes his eyes.. the thirst becomming unbearable.
He clenches his fists abd stares at the gards, whom have stopped to chat. "I have to get currency some how" He thinks. Robbing people was always a faveorite of his and he would further exercise his talents in it today. He tites the bandanas once more and jogs to the other side of town which takes the better part of an hours and if quit dangerouse in this heat. On his way, he passes old ratty buildings, hunger and thirst ravaged people of pverty sit in between them not moving. The o;d were expected to roll over and die here as it was always survival of the fittest. He observes young men robbing small children or defensless elderly but he can not judge as he was no better. Life just worked that way here. Finally, he comes across and empty ally way. The sun is finally setting as Aureole waits in the shaded ally. Sweat gently drips down is face, trickling past one psychodic purple eye that is glued to the road. Suddenly, he hears foot steps, some one is coming.
Keevole begins ot walk hme as the sun sets over his town as this is when the real nightmares of the communty came out of their holes. He continues to walk, taking notice of many differant species of life all doing the same, a lone crow sounds in the distance and Keevole is actually about to turn and look until he feels unforgiving metal pressed against the side of his head, "If ou dont come into this ally way quietly." A low tone voice of horror says, "I will blow your ****ing head off." Keevole does not object and begins to walk into the ally way. He is forced onto the wall hard and searched for money. Keevole is alarmed as he has currency and a food ration on him. He gently slides the hidden blade out from his sleeve and half into his hand. "You know." He says, "We can just go home." The gun is pressed against his kidney, "Shut up!" His robber says. The crow caws again, now looking at the two from the edge of a clay building. "I cant tell if that crow likes you or me." Keevole says. The barrel of the pistol is now pressed against the back of his head, "I said shut the **** up!" The mugger, with black and yellow bandanas voice becomes raised. "Ahh." Keevole says gently, "Right there." With that he gracefully spins around and thrusts the hidden blade towards the muggers face! But, he didnt know whom he was dealing with. With Bullet time like reflexes, the robber easily weaves around and flies forward, jamming a dagger deep into Keevole's stomach over and over again. Keevole spats blood put, dripping lazily down his chin as he collapses and dies.
Aureole sighs and shakes his head as he loots the corps of the man that has now ended at his dagger. He finds currency and an actual food ration! He stands up and brushes snad from his pants. A lovely blue is cast over everything as nigh approaches and the temperature is dropping at a steady rate. He glances over his shoulder at the crow that didnt live, it caws again, a long clear sounds that sweeps over the town. "Guess you like me better aye?" Aureole asks rolling his eyes and walking down the ally in order to get back to his tent. He walks with hands in his pockets and begins to hum a tone. Murder was something he didnt exactly enjoy but when living in a place like this its what must be done. He round a corner to stop at the pub first. The pub was where ypu could, if ypu had currency or items to bartar, get water and food. Of course there were markets and what not but they closed as the sun set. He opens the hardly attathed metal door and walks in. Electricity was one thing this planet did have, but it was exclusive to buisnesses, big or smal. An orange glow was cast over the room from the dim light bulbs and the fire place as Aureole walked to the counter. "What can i do you for?" Asks the bar tender, "Water." Aureole says placing the currency on the table. The bar tender looks at the coin and smiles, "That shouldd fill up half of your canteen." He says. Aureole glares, "Dont do anything stupid boy." He warns glancing over to a muscular body guard that was holding a Hell Cat by the collar. These animals were native wild life to this area. Why they were called cats was always a mystery as they were clearly more K-9. The Hell Cats fur arched up its back as Aureole looked at the two. He sighs and places the small food ration next to the currency, "Thats better." The bar tender says in a smug tone as Aureole hands him his canteen. The bar tender fills it up completely and sends Aureole on his way. Aureole stands up and begins to leave. When he exits the worn out building, a deep glow is cast over the desert from the planets 3 moons. He silently runs home, all noise one would normally make while running is absorbed by the eternal sand.
Morning comes in the form of the blazing sun rizing over the large dunes in the distance and Aureole is alrighty at town. He isnt doing anything at all, just enjoying the shade of the pub. He sits at a rickety table that looks as if it is made from dry wood as he rests his fore head upon his arms, folded on top of said table. The door opens up, instinctivley Aureole's one good eye shoot towards the netrance of the pub to make sure everything was ok. Five men, all dressed in brown and wearing red bandanas and hats, enter with out looking at anyone. The bar tender is already filling nice tall glasses of water as these men were desert rats. The Desert Rats were a notoriouse gang on La Roche de Sable, and nobody dared mess with their power and numbers. Aureole shook his head with an expression that could not have cared less. He returned to resting his head on the table. He feels a hand grip his shoulder firmly. "This is our faveorite table." The voice of a man declares to Aureole whom replies with out lifting his head. "Thats a damned shame isnt it?" He smirks when he is suddenly jerked up by the shoulders. A desert rat is holding each arm, "You dont ever talk to us in a smart ass tone!" He heres a voice behind him. Aureole curles one side of his mouth nto a daring grin, "**** off." He says. A hand grabs his jaw hard and he forceably looks at an angered face, "Your life ends today!" This face says in a rasped voice. Aureole jerks his head free and glares right back into the mans eyes, "Do you know what hapeens when a rat tries to kill a snake?" He says, still restrained. The man that threatened his life laughs, "That rat wuld die," He says, "But when many rats, all with teeth and claws attack a lone snake, the out come can be quit differant." And with that Aureole is thrown intp the counter. He grabs a glass bottle and turns around fast whipping it into a Desert Rats face. The other 4 rush him imidietly. He hops up onto the counter and runs for the door when suddenly he is attacked by the muscular body guard whoms Hell Cat is already on the Desert Rats. Aureole frees himself and jumps up gracefully dodging a punch to the face and rebutteling with a fair strike to his oponants solar plexus. The guard hardly enev flinches and flys forward throwing power blow after power blow. Aureole dodges and dodges, this man was odd, something about his eyes and the fact he took a hit like that with out even flinching was just... wrong. The guard grabs a hand full of Aureole's lovely red hair and lands a hit right upside his face. Aureole stumbles and uses the wall for support, he can see that, despite the fact 2 were killed, the gang members had killed the Hell Cat. One ran up behind the guard and stabbed him in the back. The guard showed no a\pain and looked over his shoulder, when the knife was pulled out it was actually bent and no blood left the room. "****ing automated guard." Aureole says to himself in disgust, "What a ****ing move." Suddenly the bar tender springs up from behind the counter with a shotgun and opens fire on the gang members whom turn up tables for cover as if their cover could be enough. Shots from the weapon easily tear through the thin wood and begn to execute the Desert Rats. The automated store guard pulls out a lovely crome pistol with a long clip and a special barrel and opens fire as well, taking a few bullets to the abdomen but not even hurt slightly. Aureole runs out the front door and is knocked over by Desert Rat reinforcements, these ones are carrying automatics! "Where the hell did they-" Aureole begins to think but stops and begins to run up the street until he slides to a stop. A plan runs through his mind as he realizes that that place was history, but it would have a ton of supplies. He starts to shake his hands, "Dam it dam it damit!" He curses as he unholsters his gun and begins to run back to the bar. Although he didnt realize at the time, the wind was beginning to pick up to an unusualy high force.He grips the handel of his pistol tighter and tighter as he gets closer to his destination. Assuming a crouched position he stays under the window by the door. The gunshots finally stop and Aureole gently lifts his head to see a bar tender slumped lifelessly over a counter, many quite and bloody civillians with open eyes but no more life, 11 dead Desert Rats and one automated guard whom was on his knees as wires and fluids escaped his severely damaged body. Aureole knew that law enforcement would be here in a few hours.. certainly not until the raiders left, so he waisted no time in leaping through the destoryed window and making a break for the water tank. As Aureole grabs a satchel and begins filling up multiple canteens with the liquid, he hears a voice that holds the sounds of a human and a machine now, "Stop, that is st- sotre property-y-y-y." It says. Aureole looks over his shoulder at the automated body guard whom has crawled over to the bar tender, an actual expression of sadness over its meta and skin mixed face, a result of the combat. "Arent you going to uh, stop me?" He asks, as if confused that the robotic protecter has not came after him. "No, my master is gone, i dont know hwat to do but sit here sad-ad." It replies. Aureole grimaces, "Dont say an emotion as if you have it!" He says fuming as if offended, he points his gun at the automated store guard, "Please." It says, "Do it." For a moment, Aureole's eyes widen a moment and his arm slightly lowers, he sighs, "Whatever." He says the last words the automated guard hears befoe the trigger is pulled and a bullet flies through the weakest part of the machines head. Aureole fills 3 large satchels with water and 2 with food, after this he runs faster than he ever has out of town and to his small tent. Although he would never admit it, that automated guard was on his mind the entire day and most of the night.... fascinated as to whether or not it actually displayed emotion because machines on this planet didnt do that... they were to cheap.
A lone gunshot wake Aureole up early the next moring, he exits his tent to see many armed Desert Rats lining the street with people... all looking for a man with a bad eye and red hair. "Hell." He mutters, it would only be a matter of time before they saw his tent in the distance. They set fire to the bar and begin wounding civillians. Aurele begins to scan the area for anything he can use to escape. He see's it in the distance, wind sliding across his pale face as he see's a beacon of hope. A small star ship meant for hauling supplies but was no longer in use. There was no way out of this. "Well damn." Aureole remarks as he pulls his pistol out of its hoster and begins to walk down the sand drift. It was either go out in a blaze of glory or run into the desert and die a coward. "There he is!" a gang member shouts over the wind that is picking up to dangerously high ammounts now compared to yesterday as i sand storm was coming in fast. "Hey fellows." Aureole says with a smirk. They all aim and open fire, Aureole runs to cover behind a rock. Bullets whizing past, breaking off chunks of stone around him. People run and scatter. Aureole smiles and cocks his gun, its black shiny exterior gleaming in the sun as he runs out from behind the rock, firing at them. Men get hit in all the right places, droping dead. Abullet penetrates Aureole's gut, then another through his arm, one through his leg, another through his gut, one through his chest. Blood begins to trickle out of the corner of his mouth, matching the lockes of hair now blowing wildly in the wind as he continues to fire. A bullet through his shouler but he refuses to budge........
The sand strm is almost at them, in the choas of the raging horrific wind, all that can be seen is blood soaked sand, many dead Desert Rats and one red haird man jst standing there shaking. A smile creeps across his lips as he collapses.... and realizes he will die in the sand just like everyone else that lives here but unlike everyone else.. he went out in a blaze of glory. As his eyes shut, he makes out a figure but she is lost in the sand storm... he then sees nothing but black.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:08 am 

The Shojo came in low and fast, breaking through the dense blue-black storm clouds, its stabilizers struggling to keep the small cargo vessel from being tossed like a child's toy by the powerful winds that buffeted its angler hull. Once free of the storm it drops lower, skimming over the dense jungle until it reaches a massive clearing. Landing gear extending the Shojo touched down on the makeshift landing strip, massive engines idling before slowly powering down.

The cargo bay opened allowing the hellishly hot and unbearably humid air to wash in. "Grab your gear and go straight into the compound. Do not stop. Move, move, move." he stood to the side allowing the grunts to grab their gear and file past to make their way out onto the pavement.

The compound consisted of a series of small single story grey buildings with reinforced glass windows that housed a few small offices, a mess hall, weapons locker and meeting room. A set of barracks sprawled behind it. The entire faculty was surrounded with a ten foot electrical fence packing enough voltage to stop a charging elephant and likely stop damn near any hostile alien. Any that got over the fence would be picked off by sharp shooters.

No one came out of the silent dark buildings to greet the crew of the Shojo, Grant and the crew of the small cargo vessel would be the only humans to inhabit Hell's Gate for a week or more depending on the weather. He stepped out of the ship and observed the dense jungle that was just beyond the fence. It was quite, too damn quite. It was if someone shut off the sound except for the distant rumble of thunder for the encroaching storm. It made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He silently swore and decided he was sleeping on the damn ship were it was safe.

The unnatural distant sound of engines rips him from his thoughts. Lurching to his paws he begins to scan the storm darkened skies for the ship, a low growl building in his throat. Turning he darts up the tree with all the grace of a large hunting cat, powerful back legs propelling him up it. He needed to get into the canopy were it was safer. A sense of dread clawed at the back of his mind. The primitive flesh bags had invaded his world before, bringing their massive mining machines that gouged the earth in search of minerals and filling the air with their rank stench. The sound of the behemoth machines had driven off many species, those who remained behind were shot. That had been many years ago, the fleshings had left and abandoned their machinery. The jungle eventually took back the land and the machinery rusted, slowly falling apart but the memory of the damage and the pain they caused was still raw in his mind.

Once in the canopy he could see the faint tendrils of smoke drifting up through the dense growth. If he was lucky the crew was dead and he could indulge in a little curiosity and raid the wreckage for interesting items. While he had no love at all for the primitive fleshlings, they did have the most interesting items. If the crew wasn't dead then he'd simply wait for the six legged viscous scavengers to finish them off since he didn't want to be shot. Again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:49 am 

Once the ship that I stolen landed on the planet, could hear a massive rumbling around me. It sounded like thunder growling above my head as if the heavens were angry. Within moments, I heard the ships engine stop and everything was silent. I could hear even a butterflies wings beat. I had landed in a barren area that seemed uninhabited by anyone or anything. I trudged slowly from the ship still armed with multiple weapons. I gust of wind blew by. It shook the ship and almost tipped it over. As I left the ship, nothing seemed harmless. i had nothing to expect from the place except hostiles everywhere. I didn't know what planet this was or whether or not humans have been here yet. But at the moment, it didn't matter to me since I was scared for my life. I wanted to leave this place as fast as possible but that was hard for me since I had no idea how to get the ship to start back up let alone be able to get back to Earth. I moved slowly through the deserted area while fighting against the wind. I moved far away from the ship to where I couldn't even see it anymore. After looking back from where the ship was I looked ahead of me only to see where the desert land ended. It was an ocean of plant life. Foreign plant life to be more exact. I couldn't recognize any of it. The trees towered over any of Earth's sky scrapers. Some of the plants were a color that I couldn't even imagine were even real. The vines and roots were massive and unlike anything I had ever seen before. The leaves were greener than anything I had ever seen. I made my decision to go into the forest to find something or someone that might be able to help me at this time. If I just sat in the ship forever then I would just die without even giving to shots about what was going to happen even with the up coming storm that seemed to be rippling the skies. I moved faster through the forest than on the dry lands so that I could make it through the thick plants. I also didn't want to get eaten or poisoned by any of these plants. That would be defeating my whole purpose of coming out here. I stopped to look at my surroundings and thought to myself, "What the hell is this place and why haven't I heard anythi-" I was cut off by a massive roar. It was like a lion and bear were fighting on a scale only giants would know of. By instinct, I had to move and get away. I had no reason to stay there and see if the animal was waiting and to attack me. I wasn't going to twiddle my thumbs and wait for my death to come swallow me whole. I ran like never before. The adrenaline sped through my body aiding me in my escape. Little did I know that after this little rush to safety would leave me tired and unable to go on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:17 pm 

OOC- sorry it took so long, and yae I can finally put effort into my posts 
Aureole’s eyes open slightly, all he see’s is a gray ceiling above him, a cheap fan lazily spinning. He tries to get up but winces from the pure agony that shoots through his body. His eyes wonder down revealing bandages wrapped around his upper torso. Shifting to the left, he sees what is clearly a small cabin in a very low cost starship meant for 4 people at max. “Wh-what the hell?” He whispers to no one but none the less receives a response in the from of a young sweet voice. “Oh I’m so glad you’re finally up.” The young woman’s voice coo’s from the cockpit. Aureole can only slightly see through the door, he sees an arm, covered in a white sleeve, resting upon the arm rest of the pilot’s seat. “What?” aureole asks, his voice alive once again, “What the hell, where the **** am i?” His voice becomes rather panicked as he could have sworn he was shot to death back there. “I died!” He says in a raised voice that slightly calms, “I had to have died in the hail of that gun fire there is no possible way I didn’t.” His declaration is met with silence that only aggravates him. Slowly he gets up, the pain forcing his hand to grip the couch he laid upon so hard his knuckles bleached white. Gritting his teeth, he finally stands and begins to walk to the **** pit that is hardly a few feet away from the couch that rested at the back of the ship. The floors are steal but he makes no noise none the less. He then realizes he cannot see his hair! Discarding the pain, he lifts his arm and begins to feel around his back to find she had tied it in a pony tail. “What the fu-.. no.” He says with a hint of disgust as he undoes the hair tie allowing his long red hair to drape over his shoulders again. “Wait, are you up?” The woman says as she actually stands up and walks away from the controls of the starship. Aureole’s eyes widen, “Sit down and fly this thi-“ He is cut off, “You need to lay back down your very hurt.” Aureole cannot believe this. “Are you insane?” He asks as she begins to attempt at talking over him and urging him to sit down, “Pilot the dam star ship what the hell is wrong with you.” He says as her voice flood over top with a, “You really need to lay back down I think that-. “ She says before Aureole raises his voice, “No what the hell? Get back in the **** pit!” He shouts, “Sir Calm down I will get back to the **** pit please lay down.” They argue for a minute before Aureole sits on the couch. “I said lay down.” The women urges, “Are you shitting me?” Aureole snaps, “We are in the middle of outer space, we… we could die ….get in the..” He sighs and lies down. The girl, now that he looks at her more clearly is very beautiful and smiles a sweet grin as she gracefully walks back the **** pit, she flips her blonde hair upon reentering her seat.
Hours pass before Aureole decides to break the silence, normally the first question would have been, “Where are we going?” But that was a useless thing to ask as he was a drifter and couldn’t care less. No, the question burning within the confines of his disturbed little head was said out loud. “Why did you save me?” He asks her, “You don’t know me, I’ve never even seen you around town.” She answers quick and honestly, “You came back to save all those people, I couldn’t let a brave hero like you.. a good man.. die.” Her sweet voice tears a hole in his heart as he frowns. “But..” He begins, “I wasn’t trying to save anyone, I’m a thief.. a murderer.” His reply provokes her to peer around her seat at him, “What?” She asks, her face holding the beginning stages of a sad expression. “Why did you go there then?” She demands. “I wanted to die in the hail of gun fire, to die in battle rather than run into the desert and die a coward. “ Her eyes fall to the floor, “You only came back to die?” She asks. Aureole regretfully nods and returns his gaze to the ceiling. “I see.” She says in a disappointed tone. “Im sorry..” Aureole begins before she stops him. “Don’t be, it was my call.” She explains, “At least I saved a life.” This remark is met by Aureole chuckling and slightly frowning, “The universe would have benefited from my death.” He tells her coldly. There is a silence and her gaze does not leave the stars in front of her, “Your wrong.” She says. “Your important.” There is no reply, as Aureole had drifted back into unconsciousness.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 pm 

Even with one injured paw he easily makes his way through the canopy, leaping gracefully from branch to branch. He was at home in the tops of the massive trees as he was in the sky or on the ground. That versatility combined with his intelligence made his species one of the most dangerous predators in the jungle. But he wasn't the only predator in the thick jungle. There was one species that he had no name for; sleek six legged creatures that traveled in small packs that often stole kills from him if didn't get up a tree fast enough with it. They were bold enough to attack him as well, using their numbers to wear him down and leave him exhausted. A human wouldn't stand a chance against them.

He paused every once in a while, avian head tilting to catch the sounds of something making its way through the undergrowth. Something that was just small enough to be a fleshling. He moved faster, dropping to the lower thicker branches while the sky rumbles overhead, forked tongues of lightening splitting the heavy blue-black clouds, injured paw kept close to his broad chest. If the fleshling was armed he was confidant he could easily dart back into the canopy and be out of range before the organic could even draw its weapon.

So focused on the hunt he didn't pay as much attention to his surroundings as he should have. He leapt from one branch, long sleek body stretching out, easily clearing the small gap and landed hard on another branch that cracked then crumbled under his impressive weight. Surprised he frantically claws at the rapidly disintegrating wood before plunging through the thing springy branches below that barely slow his descent as he crashed through them. As he crashed through the branches he spreads his wings in an attempt to slow his fall. Red hot agony ripped through one wing and the sound of sturdy bones fracturing and metal being rent filled his sensitive audios.

Darkness engulfed him as he slammed into the loamy earth, fall barely cushioned by the dense undergrowth.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:01 pm 

I had finally came to a stop once the adrenaline had worn off. I was exhausted and I could barely even move. I sat next to one of the massive trees and slid down on the moss like substance. It was slimy yet worn and it aided my muscles in their recovery. I didn't know whether the abomination was still stalking me like prey but I figured it wouldn't attack me for a moment because if I knew anything, hunters like to mess around with their prey. I was a sitting duck whether I had fire arms or not. With my rifle still in hand, i still had to keep moving to find a fully edible thing to eat or else I would die of thirst and or starvation soon. Just before I stood up, I heard a movement through the air. It must be the monster that chased me before stalking me from above trying to get a better perspective on me. Or maybe a better angle to attack. Either way it wasn't good for me to stay around. I stood up and held my rifle to my face using the scope to get a good visual on my surroundings. I began to walk away from the area slowly, trying to get away from the predator with it noticing. There was no doubt that it was watching my every move but I have no choice but to do so. I hear a loud snapping sound and knew for sure that there was a monster following me. I looked up using my scope to see if I could find it. The laser on the gun was a bright red to make it easier to see and aim. It moved far above the trees. Suddenly I heard a massive break in the branches and the monster fell. Snapping every branch that was under it. Once the monster hit the ground, dust flew into the air along with leaves and branch fragments. I tried to run but I was too exhausted still from lack of food and/or energy. I had no other choice but stand my ground. I looked around since it was getting dark and I could barely see. I used my rifle to get on point with everything. I awaited the monster to get so that I can identify it and then I can try and kill or at least wound it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:10 pm 

That night, Aureole sees the past within the eyes of his dreams. A terrified man with long red hair sits atop a wood chair centered in the middle of a broken down warehouse.. very cliché. This man has two beautiful purple eyes that hold the fear of his soul as he hears the door open behind him. Aureole begins to turn in his sleep as the dream continues, a man cloaked in black pulling a long blade from the pocket of his trench coat… screams of horror… pain..blood.. Now, two eyes, one purple and the other dead white, open slowly. This is the first time he has ever woken up to a, “Good morning.” From a gentle voice. Aureole simply waves his hand without looking at her. He slowly begins to sit up, “I don’t think-“ the woman begins before Aureole simply replies, “we aren’t doing this again.” She slightly grins at his words and stands up herself, “I’m Emalia.” She says holding out her hand to shake. Aureole gently holds her hand and presses his lips to the back of it. “Nice to meet you, I’m Aureole.” She cocks her head gently to the left, “Last name?” She asks, Aureole shakes his head, “No, I was an orphan as a child.. never had a need for one.” He replies. Emalia stares into space a moment, “hmmm.” She says, twirling her index finger in her hair before lashing her hand out and placing it against aureole’s forehead. “Can I give you a last name?” she asks excitedly. “uhh-“ He begins to stutter before Emalia continues, “Yea, it can be like Buckworth or Emmerson or something really fancy.” She smiles widely. Aureole didn’t have the heart to break hers at the moment, “Yea sure, whatever.” He says. Her smile only broadens, “I know you don’t want one but everyone deserves a last name Aureole.” He shrugs, “Why?” He asks her politely, “I’ve never needed one, not even for a few fleeting moments.” He walks over to a few cabinets that are above a sink that was practically at the end of the couch he slept on as this was a very small star ship.. not meant for long distance travel. “How are we doing on fuel?” aureole asks as he begins to search the cabinets, grabbing any food he can find. “Let me check.” Emalia says walking into the **** pit, “We are almost out.” She calls out, Aureole’s back stiffens, “What?!” He yells turning towards her. “I said we are almost out.” Emalia replies, poking her head around the door way to the cockpit. “Are we near any shuttles or floating colonies, any planets or ships around.. **** anything?” He slams her with questions as she turns around and checks the radar. “There is a planet far off.” She calls out to him. He enters the room and stares at the radar over her shoulder, “That is a very big planet.” He says. “We have just enough fuel to make it there.” Emalia then looks at him, “But Aureole, there is no name showing up on the radar screen when I put my finger on it.” She says, the red haired man shrugs, “So ?” He says, “We still need it, it’s a miracle that it was so close to us.”He says, “I’ll drive there.” He declares as he begins to sit in the pilots seat. Her tiny hand rests on his shoulder, “What do you think your doing, ?” She asks him, “Im flying the ship, what does it look like im doing?” He replies shaking his head and reaching for the wheel. Her small nails slightly digs into his shoulder, “But this is my ship.” She says smiling. “It certainly was wasn’t it?” Aureole laughs, jerking his body left to release her grip from his shoulder. Suddenly, he feels a cold metal circle placed to the side of his head, “Get up “ Her voice says, remaining sweet and innocent. Aureole stands up staring at her as she takes her seat back. “You pulled a gun on me?” He asks. She blushes, “It wasn’t loaded, stupid.” She laughs. Aureole tries and fails at not smiling. He simply shakes his head before realizing something. “Wait.” He says. “Where did you get that?” She points to the living room of the ship; there is a door behind the couch. Aureole walks to the couch and moves it, staring at the door. “Where did you get this ship Emalia?” He asks. She smiles as she sets course for the planet in the distance, “It belonged to the desert rats.” She replies as if nothing in the world was off about that statement. “It what?!” Aureole shouts. She leans around the corner, “Belonged to the Desert Rats!” she shouts. He kicks the door open and beholds a decent sized armory, pistols, shotguns, sub machine guns.. everything a young ambitious thief such as himself could have ever wanted. “Wow.” He says smiling and entering the closet sized room. He spends the better part of 30 minutes cleaning and loading most of the guns. “Aureole.” Emalia would occasionally call out to him from the **** pit. “Yes Emalia?” He would reply, shining a silver pistol with a blade built in under the barrel. “That sign says something weird it’s in another language but it looks like a warning.” She’d explain, each time hearing, “Just keep going forward.” And to this, she would always reply with thumbs up around the corner. “God she has tiny hands.” He would think to himself.
He pulls out his jet black pistol, as he has made a lovely find indeed. “Armor piercing rounds.” He whispers to himself as he finds a few clips that fit his pistol and begin to load them up with the horrifyingly strong ammunition. He runs a pale hand through his long.. thick red hair and smiles as he examines his gun. “All these fine weapons around, and your still the most beautiful” He says placing his gun back in its holster. “Aureole” Emalia calls out. “Emalia.” Aureole replies, “I want to hear nothing more about signs.” There is silence a moment, “But our screen is flashing danger, and the planet is right there but there are all these metal thingys and they are turning towards us.” She explains. Aureole rolls his eyes, still cleaning weapons, “That’s ok Emalia just keep going for-“He stops and looks at the cockpit. He gets up and runs over there, his wounds obviously healing. His eyes shoot open to see an impossibly large planet covered in green. “My god.. that is a big planet.” He whispers. “And look at the metal thingys.” Emalia says pointing through the windshield at multiple defense satellites all aiming at their ship. Spheres of orange begin to form at the end of guns that are attached. “****!” Aureole yells as he grabs the wheel. “Punch it Emalia!” He shouts as the ship rockets forward. Multiple orange beams begin to shoot past them as they jet to the planet. “Ah! What is happening?” Emalia screams. “Hush!” Is all Aureole can reply with right now. The ship violently shakes as their main engine is taken out, right as they enter the planet’s atmosphere. Intense heat washes over the two as there ship begins to burn up. They are nearing many tree’s and vegetation. “Come on Emalia!” Aureole shouts as he grabs her delicate shoulders and rushes out of the cockpit slamming the door tight and holding her close as to keep her safe. Aureole’s eyes are shut impossibly tight, somehow.. over the roar of the wind he can hear her fragile voice. “Im scared.” She cries. “Don’t be, ive got you.” He replies as the ship plows into the ground impossibly hard in an explosion of flame. Charred metal is all that remains of their ship. Aureole is still in the same corner, clutching Emalia as tight as he can. His eyes fly open.. “We, we aren’t dead.” He says as he gently releases his grip on her. “We aren’t?” she asks. Aureole shakes his head, “Not at all but..” He stands up and looks to the front of the ship that was absolutely ripped off; all he sees is dense jungle. “Where did we end up?” He says. He is already sweating a little bit as the heat of this planet is now fully felt by them. The two are not bothered however as they came from a desert. Emalia walks next to Aureole, “Wow, it’s really pretty out here.” She says. Aureole shrugs and slides off the top of the small ship, planting his feet upon the rich soil, “you know Aureole!” Emalia shouts after him, he looks over his shoulder, “Yes?” He asks. “Out of all the beautiful plants around us right now, you’re still the prettiest!” He slightly blushes before looking away, “I’m not a plant Emalia!” He replies as he begins to scan the surrounding area. “There has to be a civilization somewhere.” He says to himself, thinking out loud really. “I don’t think so.” Emalia says, her face right next to his. Aureole jumps, “**** what the hell are you doing?!” He yells. She frowns, “Im sorry Aureole.” She replies, eyes falling to the floor. He sighs, “Its ok, im just.. im worked up you know? I just got shot down in a gun fight and lived through a ship wreck.” A smile is replenished upon her face as she nods, “What do we do now aureole?” She asks swaying her head back and forth. He shrugs as he begins to look around, “I have no idea.” He replies shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair. “I have no idea at all.”
Soon, the sun began to set casting an orange blaze across the otherwise deep green landscape. Aureole had never seen anything like it, it was as if there were standing in a painting. He looks up to see Emalia, sitting at the edge of a tree. It was a baby tree, Aureole could tell because although it was a good size.. the others towered over it. She sat at the end of that branch.. arms outstretched towards the burning orange sun and somehow… he cannot bring himself to look away. Hypnotized, he stares at her. Her blonde hair appears as if though it had caught fire with in the intensive light as it slowly begins to dim into a beautiful cool blue. A lovely rush of a breeze begins to constantly slide past them. As that blue begins to turn to a purple and then a black… Aureole cannot help but yell. “Emalia, come down here now we have no idea what is here!” She happily complies and makes her way down the tree and to her only comrade.. if you could call them that. “Get inside the ship, I will drape a blanket over the front so we aren’t completely exposed.” He says, “Go get some food from inside and bring it out here.. im going to light a fire ok?” His eye brows raise. “Oki Doki Aureole!” Emalia chimes as she jogs to the ship to carry out her orders. Aureole sits down and begins to dig a hole. He puts many thick leaves and branches into the small crater he created and pours a little fuel from the ship onto it. From his left, back pocket he pulls a silenced pistol he found in the armory and points it downward. A low audio, “Tink” Sounds as the weapon fires into the crater and blazing flames shoot up, but due to the preparation of said fire the jungle was in no real danger. “Emalia!” He calls out, “I cant decide what to eat aureole.. and im really hungry!” Her voice replies, laced with actual sorrow. He runs his hand down his face slowly and shakes his head as he begins to walk to the ship. “Emalia it really doesn’t matter what we eat.. we don’t have the luxury of choice right now you know?” He explains to her. A half frown creeps across the left side of her mouth as she nods. “This one.” She says, handing him a can of instant “Wheaty double yummy yumm meal.” Aureole has to stare at it for minuets as he kept thinking he was misreading the title. “Does it need to be cooked?” He asks. She nods and goes for the stove. “no!” He shouts causing her to jump. “What?” She asks. “We don’t know if the gas lines are ok or not love… you might blow us up, just bring it to the fire ok?” She smiles and nods but then appears confused. “Something wrong?” aureole asks her. She shrugs, “Did you just call me love?” She asks, Aureole’s eyes widen momentarily as he freezes. A snort sounds from him, “Of course not Emalia just come on.” He coldly says as he walks outside past the blanket he hung up not minutes before.. a can of delicious “Wheaty double yummy yumm meal” in his hand while he approaches the fire.
Emalia sits atop the small ship and watches the red haired man cook up some sort of wheat meal. Despite the fact she was wrong about him trying to save anyone, she was glad she saved him. “It might be dying Aureole.” She says quietly, watching as he prepares the food, “But you have a heart of gold.” Th night is quit after her words; the only sound she hears is the whistle of the wind.

Hours pass, they are laying side by side atop the ship, watching the stars. “That one is pretty bright eh?” aureole says, his index finger outstretching towards the sky. Emalia nods, “Yes yes.” She says smiling. Her face lights up, “That one looks like your eye!” She yells. Aureole blushes and frowns as he looks away, “Im sorry.” Emalia says realizing what she had just said. “It’s ok Emalia.” Aureole attempts. Emalia fidgets a moment with her thumbs, “Can I ask what happened to your eye?” She questions as she sheepishly looks over to him. He shakes his head, “No.” He says, “No.” And that was the final word of that, the two star gazed a while longer and then retreated to bed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:23 pm 

The 'monster' lay sprawled atop a tangle of crushed undergrowth, left wing doubled up underneath him at an angle that was not natural. with his primaries pointing forward instead of back. His sleek black sides rose and fell with each shallow breath. Its obvious he's alive, injured but very much alive.

His head hurt. a lot and his wing hurt even more, it throbbed with black agony and every time he took a breath or made the smallest movement, it lanced liquid fire down his shoulder and side. A low groan bubble up from his vocalizer as consciousness rushed back to him in a sickening wave. The first thing he became acutely aware of was the blazing agony in his wing. Slowly he took stock of every bruise and dent and source of pain of his battered body before he was satisfied that moving wasn't going to make anything worse.

Gritting his teeth he slowly rolled over, fighting down a low whine of agony as his broken wing was shifted, and worked his trembling legs until they underneath him. He tucked the one fore limb against his chest, panting harshly. There was nothing on him that did not ache or throb in some manner. Bits of crushed vines and broken branches stuck to his jet black platting. He wasn't going to be bale to fly for some time which meant he was going to be a target for smaller predators. And the fleshing provided it hadn't just wondered off while he had been unconscious.

He turned slowly, damaged wing dragging on the ground sending flares of pain through his frame, stiffening the moment he saw the human he had been following standing a short distance away, pointing a gun at him. He huffed in irritation, the corners of his mouth turning down in a frown while his long tail flicked back and forth in agitation. The flesh bag had some nerve pointing a weapon at him!

"Gehea!" He barked out in his native tongue, optics narrowing. He was in no mood to deal with a fleshling. "Go back! You don't belong here!" he hissed out. He was injured, tired and no doubt there were other predators tracking the thick chemical scent of the blood dripping from his injured wing combined with the churning storm overhead meant he had to find cover.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:50 pm 

I was standing my ground as the monster had gotten up. I figured it would be in so much pain from that fail as would any living being. I fully realized that it was hurt when it let out its grown of pain and stood in almost a limpy fashion. I was scared out of my mind since the size of the minster was unheard of. Nonetheless, I had to stand my ground. I had no way to escape. The storm would soon catch up with me and so would the fatigue from earlier. Its only a matter of time. Once it stood I aimed the gun towards its face, but ended up lowering my weapon once it had spoke. I didn't know that they would even be able to speak our language. This came to me as a surprise, so I was speechless as well as stunned from this. Once I had regained my complete thought. I yelled to it, "I can't leave. I have no way off of this planet." I looked at it in the eye and stood there. Its voice sounded like a male so I figured it would be a guy. I could have been wrong because I don't know what the voices are supposed to sound like on this planet or if they even varied in tone. Either way, this one appeared to be hostile even after its harsh fall to the ground. "Its not like I want to be here anyways" I mumbled under my breath. I could barely even here myself say it so they was no way that the monster heard it unless they have ears 50 times our own. I knew I needed to get away from this thing and find cover before the storm hit. Basically, I was in a race against time and this being was going to hold me from getting away. It may not care about the storm but I do. They have a better chance of surviving it since they are significantly bigger than humans but in this place, I was like an ant and I needed to get out of here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:58 pm 

Aureole turns in his sleep as the cold wind glides across his pale skin. He dreams of memory once again as he rests in the destroyed ship.

“Aureole.” A woman’s voice calls behind him as he adjusts a bow tie around his neck. Her voice is lovely and full.. mature. “Yes?” Aureole says as he turns around, placing two purple eyes upon her..so beautiful with raven black hair and lovely skin. She approaches him slowly and fixes his collar. “You look great tonight.. I imagine Darious will as well.” She tells him. He smiles, kisses her on the cheek and begins to turn to leave before her grip on his collar tightens. “Aureole… what are you going to do?” She asks, fear lacing her voice. “I’m going to make a future for us… that has always been my mission.. always.” And with this phrase, he exits the room. The woman sits on the bed, her heart is racing and tears begin to collect at the bottom of her eyes for she knew exactly what that meant.

Aureole continues to toss and turn in his slumber, memories that clearly should have been forgotten by his tortured soul and now haunt his dreams.

“My best friend, my brother in arms.. the man I trust.” A voice calls to Aureole from the ally way next to the pub. He dawns a black trench coat, black pants and a black fedora. Aureole smiles, “Darious.” He replies as he approaches the man. Darious places a black gloved hand upon Aureole’s shoulder, “You look dashing in that tux Aureole, cloths as nice as ours are so rare to find on this god for saken planet are they not?” He says. Aureole nods in reply, “Yes they are.” He places a pale hand upon the shoulder of his friend. Darious stares into his eyes, “You seem off aureole.. what we are doing tonight is extremely important and dangerous.. can I trust you?” He asks voice cold and deadly as always. Aureole simply smiles, “You have always been able to trust and count on me Darious. Since the beginning of this endeavor we have stood shoulder to shoulder and it will always remain this way.” Aureole begins to walk up the ally way. Darious stares at him as he does so. “You had better be telling me the truth.” He thinks as he to follows up the ally way, both disappearing into the shadows.

His eyes shoot open, mind unable to take anymore tonight. He turns on his side to see Emalia in blissful sleep. He crawls over to her, completely terrified of falling asleep but he has come to realize that her face calms him down. He gently strokes her skin with the back of his hand as he watches her sleep. The air is very cold and Aureole can feel a storm coming along. The wind speed begins to pick up, “Emalia.” He whispers. “Please wake up Emalia.” Her eyes gently flutter open, “What is it Aureole?” She replies sleepily, “Is everything ok?”He shrugs, “Are you afraid of storms?” She asks him sweetly. He blushes and diverts his gaze, “Of course not.” He sheepishly says, “Don’t be ridiculous.” He shakes his head slightly, enabling his bangs to cover his face and forcing Emalia to giggle. “I’ll stay up with you Aureole.” She exclaims. Without looking at her, he simply says, “Thank you.” Emalia sits up next to him, “Why are you afraid of storms aureole, I think it is pretty cool seeing as we only get one on our old planet once ever hundred years.. like the one that just happened 4 years ago.. so fortunate are we that we got to see it.” She smiles sweetly but Aureole cringes at the mentioning of that storm “I am afraid of storms because….. something terrible happened.. I don’t want to talk about it Emalia.” He explains. Emalai nods, “I understand Aureole.” She assures him. Rain began to fall now, aureole tightly gripped the couch cushion… terrified.. every single rain drop was a reminder. “Your shaking Aureole.” Emalia says. He nods in reply and lies down. He was afraid of going to sleep as he couldn’t bear to see that night any more but his fatigued body forces his eyes to close.
And so he sees it.. the set up. Everything going wrong.. bullets flying everywhere.

He tosses violently as his dream continues.

He sees Darious standing in an ally way not to far from his hut! He feels such fear coursing through him.. he turns to run but a fist catches him from the side. He sees the warehouse and the chair.. he hears darious speak of the woman and that a team of guys were sent to their house to…

Emalia wakes him up. “Aureole!” She yells. “Calm down, your sweating and shaking! Im scared!” He gasps for breath before simply replying, “Me to..” As the rain never ceased.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:35 am 

"Do not point that thing at me." He hissed, dorsal platting standing up, long tail flicking back and forth. His wing ached, adding to his agitation. He just wanted to find some place dry and warm and rest until the storm passed then deal with his injuries. Dealing with an annoying flesh bag and being shot was not on his to do list.

"Go back!" he barked out again, this time with more force as if he could simply frighten the human off. "Your kind has done enough damage here." His large avian head swiveled on his long neck, sharp eyes catching faint moments in the lush growth.

Just a shape, a shifting shadow, instantly he was on alert. One shadow darted into the heavier undergrowth while another moved towards the left, still hidden by the lush foliage. He could hear them; hear their small hand-like paws disturbing the leaf litter. Silently he tried to count them, guess at how many there were just by listening. He frowned once he realized there were more than six of them. More than enough to harass him to the point he was exhausted. He knew from experience the six legged beasts could chase something for days until it died and was too weak to fight back.

His optics snapped towards a tree but he knew it was too far away. He'd never make it up the thick trunk and to the safety of the canopy before they overtook him.

One of the shadows scurried by, its long slender neck was barely, a flash of lightening illuminating its metallic green and brown scales. Another appeared a few feet away.

They were surrounded.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:36 pm 

My gun was lowered since I was still talking to the monster that seemed to be too injured to even attack me. I looked around only to see no shelter except the small shade that the trees provided. That wasn't going to be enough once the storm cam especially for me being a human. I was too small to withstand the massive amounts of rain, the lightning strike and the harsh winds. I would surely be dead quickly. I looked to the beast and shook my head in frustration. It told me to leave once more but louder. The loudness didn't startle me since I was expecting as much from a large creature. I rubbed my head an shouted, "In case you didn't hear me before, I can't leave. I have no way back!" By now I was annoyed by the constant demand for me to leave even though I had no way off this horribly dangerous planet. I stepped forward once since I couldn't just stand in the same spot for a long time. I was fine with being near the beast for a moment since it was too injured to get me at the moment. But suddenly something catches its eyes. I didn't notice until I looked wear the beast was looking. Shadows, something was hear. If the beasts minds its presence then I should too. I raised my fire arm back up and looked through the scope in order to stay alert for any incoming attacks. I didn't need to be brutally killed by some vicious predator at a time like this. I thought I was temporarily out of danger since the beast was injured and the storm hadn't come yet. This was a very unexpected arrival. I hadn't known that this was going to happen. Obviously the monster in front of me knew about these things since it lives here. But me, I was a stranger with no hope of knowing anything about this planet. I didn't even know this planet existed until now. I looked around using my scope to try and find and eliminate any of these animals before they came to attack me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:31 am 

Multiple men begin to exit their town, all dressed in expensive suits and tuxedo’s as they make their way to a large sand clearing outside their community. “This deal will bring great progress to our gang.” One man says to the other. There are 10 total, one of them.. is an ambitious ginger haired man by the name of Aureole. Beside him, is the gangs leader.. Darious. There group was feared by the hole town including a smaller gang known as the desert rats, they were Les Serpents Du Desert. As they stand in the clearing, Aureole begins to look around, “Is everything ok Aureole? Surely you are not upset.. this is a day that will go down in history for if we pull this deal off.. we will have the funding to do anything.” Darious says, his hands buried into the pockets of his black trench coat. The men stand there in silence, and suddenly.. just as evening begins to arrive.. the rain begins to fall for the first time in one hundred years. The stand there, frozen in shock as the water gently slides off their black clothing and the sky turns to twilight blue. Aureole pulls a small silver compass from the back pocket of his pants. When he clicks it open, instead of arrows pointing into infinity, he finds a picture of his beloved fiancé. He stares at it as he knows that the time for his plan to act is now. “Im sorry.” Aureole says, soaked from rain and sorrow for his future sins. Darious holds a grim expression as he gently cocks his automatic sub machine gun, “Why are you apologizing.. aureole.” He asks, his voice heavily bathed in sinister. Aureole need not give him an answer as suddenly two small star ships land. The windows of these star ships are smash outward, sending glass fragments into the sand below. Aureole takes off in a sprint towards town as bullets fly into then men he had led on. Darious returns fire as he watches the one man he truly called friend, disappear.
Aureole does not stop running, despite the fact that the gunfire has stopped, despite the multiple explosions he hears he must keep going. He bursts through the doors of his house, his Fiance stands up in a hurry. “Aureole!” She cries terrified. “It’s ok Sandra, but we have to go now! Right now!” He yells in reply as he rushes to the closet and begins to toss out two suit cases into plain view of his beloved. “Your bleeding!” She yells. Auroele glances downward with two purple eyes at the bullet wound in his side, “No matter.” He says, “It is a small price to pay for doing what had to be done in order for you and I to have a life.” Rain drops fall from the ends of his hair, his clothing and the tip of his nose as he walks to her and hugs her.

Lightning cracks across the sky of the jungle, snapping Aureole awake again. “How long will this storm last Emalia?” He says before realizing in a rush of panic that she was not in the ship!. He walks through the blanket into the cold rain falling atop the green mesh surrounding him. “Emalia!” He shouts. “Aureole!” Her voice replies to his left. He jogs over to her to find her sitting in the mud, playing with small creatures. He stares with his one good eye, “What are you doing?” He asks her, “Look at these things.” She says looking to him with a smile. Surrounding her were at least 5 small animals, they were a flesh colored pink but gleamed as if metal. “What are they?” Aureole asks, “I have no idea but they are really loving.” Emalia says as she runs her hand along the back of one of the creatures of flesh and metal that rested upon her lap. They were no longer than a gallon of milk and only stood a few inches tall. They resembled an earth leopard. Aureole stares at Emalia, whom is covered in mud that is slowly washing away due to the rain. The small adorable creatures begin to play with each other and the women that greeted them with such lovely hospitality. “Sit down.” Emalia says, wiping soaked brown bangs from her eyes. Aureole shifts uncomfortably in place, “I don’t know Emalia-“ he begins but is cut off by the small women tackling him into the mud puddle. The two laughs as they lay there and the creatures jump atop them playfully along with the rain drops. Aureole, for a moment, forgot his past as the present at this time was so blissful. He stares into Emalia’s eyes and smiles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:20 am 

A low rumbling growl stirred in his throat as he shifted, placing his injured paw to the ground, ignoring the slight stab of pain. A long sleek head poked out of the ferns. The creature bared its formidable teeth, black lips pulling back to revealing rows of sharp teeth made for tearing, its baleful yellow eyes narrowing but made no move to attack.

He hissed at it, bearing his own formidable teeth in response. What were they waiting for? An invitation? He was in no position to fight off an entire pack of the wretched beats with one broken wing. If he could just get past them then he could scarble up a tree and to the safety of the higher branches. With tier small claws and hand'like paws made for manipulating objects, they couldn't climb the rough trunks very well.

He stiffens, dorsal plates lifting as the sleek six-legged beasts spring from the undergrowth, mouths open. Forgetting about the human for the moment he concentrates on the little predators, while smaller he knew from experience they always attacked in numbers. Rearing up he lashes out with one large cat-like paw neatly severing the head of the nearest creature while another lept onto his flank and bit down on the injured wing. Hissing in pain he drops back down to all four, long neck craning he snaps at the beast before turning his attention to the rest. If he allowed the one clinging to his side to distract him, the others would swarm him and drag him down.

With a sweep of his tail he sends two flying, likely with crushed ribs and broken bones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm 

I watched as the smaller yet somehow more demonic looking creatures got into formation to attack us. They were smart predators much like the ones that I read about, the ones that used to inhabit Earth. They reminded me of mutant lions or tigers. Maybe even a panther? Either way, they could all mane a human easily. I hadn't had a clue on how I should get away. I felt a light drizzle coming from above, this meant that the rain was pouring down. We didn't get as much rain as I anticipated because we are under the shade and protection of the trees. The storm was the least of our problems at the moment. Not taking my eyes away from my scope, I noticed the distraction take place. They wanted the larger animal rather than me. This may spark predetermined tensions between the prey and the predator but I had to get that animal off of the larger animal's wing. With one swing of its tail, 2 of the predators were gliding through the air like birds. Both whimpering like little dogs on their way to the ground. I felt bad for neither since this meant my survival. I needed to help the large one because it is my closest help to getting back home and because it is too hurt to defend itself properly. I aimed quickly towards the the predator's eye. Its yellow eyes gowing through the darkness that was created by the overcast of massive, clouds. There was a small black pupil in the direct middle of its eye. With one gracefully placed shot, all you heard was a small thud from the guns recoil, a brief whining, and finally silences. Looking down to the predator, there was a small hole through its eye and greenish blood trickling out. This was a confirmed shot but turning to the rest of them frightened me down to my soul. My heart dropped hastily into my stomach and I was almost petrified by the site of them all staring me down. Looking dead into their deep yellow eyes, all there was to see was blood thirst. It took me a quick moment to snap out of it before I was ready to shoot another one of them. This was going to be difficult but I hope that the larger animal will have my back just as I have his.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:27 am 

Aureole snaps from his blissful moment at the distant sound of a gunshot. "Did you hear that?" He asks Emalia as she stands from the puddle, "Yes, what should we do?" She asks, rain drop sliding from her hair, then falling to the wet earth below. "We have to go see what it was, but I don't want us to loose our home." Aureole says, his mind now contradicted. Emalia smiles, "I have a great memory and I promise I will get us back to our home." she assures him. Aureole nods and draws his trusted pistol before slightly jogging through the intensely thick jungle that was only harder to navigate when wet. They track through the thick vegetation before finally reaching there destination. Aureole views the human and some large animal with cold sympathy, "Lets just go." He tells Emalia, his quiet words almost inaudible through the thunderous sound of the pouring rain. Emalia appears to be horrified, "We cant leave that poor man!" She cries before Aureole practically tackles her in order to cover her mouth. He wanted to snap at her, to tell her to not be so childish... but he couldn't. "Dam it Emalai" He says as he helps her up, "Get us this tree a moment." He orders her as he points to a large tree with good foot holds to climb into its branches and be concealed, little did he know it was a baby tree. He creeps closer to the fight and places his back to a tree, "3..2..1" He says as he swings around, his black pistol gleaming in the moon light as water drops slid from the barrel. Bang! Sounded his gun as an armor piercing projectile soars through the air and into the side of one of the small black devils. He hears a rustling at his left and spins around fast to see one fly from the thick brush. He fires a shot into its stomach before the creature tackles him to the ground. Aureole uses every ounce of strength to keep its jaws away from his neck with his right hand, his left unsheathed a knife that he began to rapidly thrust in and out of his attackers side. The creature wails before collapsing atop Aureole, whom to his shock, sees another making a beeline for him. He shakes his head and simply raises his gun, sending a bullet straight through the vicious animals head. "I cant believe im doing this." He thinks to himself as he glances towards Emalia, watching from the tree, "I just didn't want her to be upset."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 am 

The cat-like Wyrsa hissed softly, their glowing baleful yellow eyes never blinking as they starred their prey down, not detoured by the gun shots in the least. The rank stench of blood in the air only furthered their furry and wanton blood lust. Their scaled lithe bodies slithered through the shadows like some outwardly monster as they surrounded their prey, hissing and growling, glistening saliva dripping from their jaws.

Startled by the unexpected shot he stiffens slightly. He hadn't been anticipating the flesh bag to help him and it catches him off guard completely. Why was the fleshing helping? Perhaps this human was different from the others. That or he had some ulterior motive. Either way he needed the flesh-bags help to take the pack out even if he would never admit it out loud. He was injured and couldn't properly defend himself from the wretched creatures. A low growling hiss tears him from his thoughts.

Ignoring the light drizzle of rain he watched the sleek beasts. The thick sheltering canopy caught most downpour so only a small fraction ever made it the bottom but the storm was the least of his concerns. The pack and his injuries were his main concern. The smell of blood was only driving them into frenzy, making them lose what little fear they had. When one leapt for the human he pushed his growing anger and hatred for the flehslings down and lunged for the creature, jaws biting down on its midsection. He bites down. Hard. Scales and bones crunching. Snarling in disgust as thick oily bitter green blood floods his mouth he drops the corpse before attacking another one. Powerful jaws crushing its fragile body while his thick tail lashes out catching another one just below the ribs and sending it sailing through the air. It landed with a yelp, its spine broken.

Like a hellish black tide the remains of the pack charged. Too distracted by the fearless attack he doesn't realize that they are not alone and there are other intruders, human ones, in his domain.

"Stay behind me fleshing if you value your life." he hissed out, moving until he stands in-front of the human and braces himself. Large blue eyes narrowing he lashes out with one large paw sending one beast flying with crushed ribs and a collapsed lung while one doges his furious swipes and shoves its narrow muzzle under the platting and sinks its teeth into the base of his neck drawing a low growl of pain. Enraged he grips the little beast and rips it away along with a chunk of his own flesh and flings it away. He felt something warm trickle down his broad chest though he can't tell if its rain or blood.

Not that it would have mattered if it was blood. He can't stop until the creatures are dead or flee back into the dense jungle.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:43 pm 

I was astonished on how fast the fighting had started after the first shot was taken by me. I didn't even expect myself to take the first shot but it had to be done. I watched for a moment as the big and the little beasts began to attack each other. I hadn't made any shots sine I killed the first animal and I believe that was a mistake. A better strategical advantage could have been gained if I was to open fir on the other little opponents after the first was killed. That way it would have been less to deal with but even then that still would be a hell of a thing to manage. I moved back frantically as the massive animal stepped in front of me telling me to stay back. I was glad that he had taken respect or at least realized that I was going to help by seeing as I helped it earlier. I moved back a little further to stay out of its way since it was going to be moving all around trying to keep up with the small, lighter predators. "Maybe I can snipe from beyond the trees since I can;t get too close." i thought to myself before running away from the battle field. From a glance, it may seem that I am running away from the fight and letting the large beast handle it but from my perspective, I was getting a better angle on the fight making it better for me to cover his blind sides. On my way to the massive, moss covered tree that towers a sky scrapper, I tripped a couple times from the rain softening the soil so much. Once at my destination, I climbed on a thick root that was growing out of the ground and took position. I looked through my scope and looked around for my first target. I the first moment that I panned around the field, I noticed that there was a small group of three slowly moving to the side of my "partner" to attack from behind. I took note of this and waited until the were lined together to try and make a 2-in-1 shot. I had no time for this so I just shot at the closest predator. With a near silent dart of my bullet, The beast fell only to get back up. I was amazed by the site and wondered why it was still alive. Before I could find out, they began running for me. I began gunning for them as quickly as possible since these things ran faster than I could ever have on my best day. It took to shots to the body of one to kill it and one shot to the head for the other. The last one was limping yet it was moving fast. This was the one that I shot earlier. There was thick green blood running from a spot on its upper thigh. It must have been the recoil of the shot that made me miss, I had to take this into account. I was too busy trying to better my shots by thinking this through to notice that it had reached me. With a massively hard bite onto my left forearm, I opened my mouth for a scream yet nothing came out. I dropped my gun and tried to shake the predator loose but there was no way it was letting go of its grip. I reached for the knife in my back pocket but was unable to get it. I was punching the animal with everything that I had, until I finally stuck my right hand into its upper jaw pulling its mouth apart and loosing its hold on me. This was extremely painful like nothing I have ever felt before. I pulled my arm out of its mouth releasing so much blood and flesh. Tears began to run down my face from the agonizing pain. This left the predator on the ground under the root of the tree. I had no time to waste in killing it. I jumped from the root and pulled my knife on it stabbing it multiple times in its neck killing it violently. I couldn't use my left arm at the moment because of the injury but I could still hold the gun and shoot with he other. It may be harder to handle the recoil but I had to do it. I went for my gun quickly and picked up preparing myself to use it.