All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cruelty Games
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:56 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

He stood up, picking up his backpack and slinging it over one shoulder after stuffing the doll all the way into one of the pockets. He gave Maya a sly smile, the two walking down the aisle between the seats. "Of course I know it doesn't, but neither does that charm I gave him. But of course, he doesn't need to know that. Besides, I can still freak out a few gullible people with this thing, so I think it was worth it. We could have a little fun with Ryan, he believes just about anything he hears. Remember when somebody got him to say 'Bloody Mary' in front of the mirror in the bathroom at school, and he wouldn't even look at a mirror for a month? I think we can get him to believe in this."

"Oh come on, that's really the first thing you think of about that doll?", Maya said, looking at the immature and obnoxious looking grin that had formed on his face as he continued to imagine how Ryan would react to it.

They were soon walking into their first hour class. They had the misfortune of having to present in first hour, although it was kind of good that they could get it out of the way right at the beginning of the day.

Everybody took their seats as Aaron waited for the teacher to enter the room, wondering who the sub would be.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:44 am 

Record store

Just as James was sitting down, watching the television, the phone began to ring.

OOC: Short post is short... work with me xD

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

James looked at the phone, then picked it up. "Hello?" He asked

OOC: short post gets another short post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:34 pm 

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the phone, before the voice spoke.

"Who am I speaking with?" a young voice was heard, a will of cold steel in its undertones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 am 

2nd Year (1)

James's eye brow rose as he heard the voice of the it her end of the phone. "This James, James White (his Scottish or did we say a different last name...) who is this and why the hell are you calling?" He said in a harsh tone, not liking this call one bit. For one, no one calls the strong unless it's the wrong number or they want to find the address, and two the guy or girl on the other end seemed like he or she was going to be some big trouble later down the road

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 am 

Music Store

The voice grunted somewhat on the other end, some eerie crackling could be heard.

"I want to talk to Tom Sullivan," the voice snapped.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Dark hallways

Julien’s face was coarsely serious. The lights reflecting of his facial features that spoke of acrimonious discontent. His stubborn grip remained iron-cast around Carly’s arm.

His crimson eyes were boarded by the frowning brows as he stared back defiantly. He recognised the weapon indeed. Perhaps not seen it in this form before, but certainly the power it could wield was once a damning dissension for him, an ancient time ago in history.

“Perhaps I should take pleasure in the fact that I annoyed you so much, that you felt the need to show your true form,” he grinned subtly, accentuated canines showing. He gradually lowered the suspended Carly cat to the ground. Before folding his arms to stare at Jess. Smug curiousity glistening through his eyes as he raised his head to look down on her.

He did note the brilliantly lit blade from his peripheral vision, but any signs of fear towards the talisman was rendered obsolete by his predatorily inquisitive look. Almost like a mountain lion considering to take on a wounded grissly bear four times its size.

He was cursing in his mind. The suppressive control he had had on Carly was waning. He knew it was due to that forsaken light that was emanating from the angel.

“You know my name by now, cleary…” he turned to pace up and down, prowling like a panther. The cold footsteps echoing against the clinical floors. All the while, he kept his guard up to watch for any signs of the Nephilim making any advancements. He could easily evade. Any moment he wanted to. However, he didn’t want to end the show yet.

In any case, he suspected at this point that she cared more for the kitten’s safety. After all, whereas he imagined her kind were more likely to ‘turn the other cheek’, his motives were more inclined towards vengeance. If there was something to be gained at the time given.

Carly supported her body with her palms against the floor. Risking a look towards the devil as she gritted her teeth wearily

“…I failed to catch yours… perhaps you could enlighten me?”
He stopped to a standstill. The unreadable expression practically set in stone upon his face as he studied the ethereally radiant angel.

“Does it begin with a ‘J’ as well?” he encouraged “because to me, you like a… the merchant of Venice.” He deliberated as he ran the words through his heads and spoke them out loud.

“You’re a Jessica, aren’t you?” he announced with mocking enthusiasm.
There was silence. Julien knew he was right. Carly turned her head to look at her saviour- looking to her for confirmation.

“So near but so far, Doctor Summerfield- rather like my entire experience of you to date. Try 'Jessaphael” Jess answered him indelicately. Carly’s eyes widened.
The lights dimming somewhat despite keeping them on call.

“Clearly not just a profiler and a pretty face. There’s been so many talents I’ve noted about you since I set foot here. Swift reflexes, parkour dynamics, supernatural speed…”

Julien looked on as the list continued.

“Teleportation, ability to change environmental settings, summoning a suppression field… and that touch of yours is very unnatural.”
The amethyst beast simply sniggered, before shaking his head as if she was a troublesome child. The sinister turbines of airvents could be heard echoing down the hallways.

Carly risked another look at Julien. The revelations she was hearing her stripping her face to disbelief.

“One of the more powerful Lurkers?” she pronounced the last word poignantly.
Julien looked down at Carly who he had noticed by now, was observing him. He could tell she was unfamiliar with the true nature of what was going on in this world. It was hilarious, really.

“What would it matter to you anyway, weren’t you going to kill me with your ‘sword of the divine’ earlier?” he said with a tone that was emotionless but well spoken.

“I have to relinquish my reservations- I honestly didn’t expect a supremacy of true damage could be crafted into a wielding weapon.”
Jess found the message in Julien’s statement to have a polarising effect.

“You won’t know anything hiding in the dark like you do, Julien,” Jess retorted to Julien’s 2nd statement “as for inviting me to cease your existence… that’s really not the response I was expecting.”

“Are you afraid?” the doctor asked, a widening and narrowing of the eyes. The tone in his voice was haunting- even against the light that had offered so much comfort to Carly.
Even with that saving grace, her teeth were chattering whilst the atmosphere continued to feel like an abyss of cold gravestones.

“Is there a catch?” the cat asked meekly. She sounded like a little mouse.
Jess gave Carly a mildly surprised look, whilst Julien smirked. Showing half an arch of upper teeth.

“That would depend,” Julien proposed, taking out a spare rubix cube from his pocket

“After all, what seems important won’t last forever.”

’What is it with him and rubix cubes?’ Jess thought arbitrarily, before considering his cryptic statement again. The way he was turning all the faces amplified much more loudly than what was natural.

The first thought that crossed through Carly’s mind were her parents. So fragile she realised life was when they had their existence snatched away by means unknown to her to this day.

“What lies behind the smoke and mirrors, Julien?” Jess reiterated Carly’s question. The building’s ventilators could be heard humming eerily again which was coupled with dripping water pipes.

“Whatever you perceive, Jess.” Julien replied, turning his head to crack the muscles in his neck, before spinning the rubix cube on one of his index fingers “what do you think keeps the world balanced?”

The question was met with silence from both Jess and Carly. It was ambiguous to the point where it almost seemed that Julien wanted to spell it out to them. Still, any clarity was not surrendered at this point.

“This is some pub quiz,” Jess remarked, feigning an impressed tone “is there more than one answer to this?”

“Perhaps.” Julien hinted, abruptly snatching the rubix cube turning around the mosaic facets again “I’ll spare you poetic talk on good versus evil, life versus death and the whole balance of nature altogether. Because I exist for much more specific purposes which, involve more than culling civilian kind.”
Jess gave him a neutral look.

“Go on then. Enlighten me.” Carly’s worried brow turned from Jess, and back to Julien. His blood well eyes looked so ravenous and eerie.

“Since I have crossed to this world, I have entered people’s lives through their offerings. Their moods, emotions, and weakness. I’ve exaggerated the pleasure of sin while minimizing the true nature of the outcome of sin. I have lead them astray. Withdrawn them from what they once believed was true. Until they have turned to me. In turn, I have made them mine,” Julien explained, a wry smile on his face.

“If you kill me, which I don’t think you have it in you to anyway, you kill all of those I live within.”

Julien threw the rubix cube forwards. The projectile sailing swiftly passed Carly and Jess, blowing strands of hair aside... before toppling and tumbling against the floor. Each thud a resounding echoe.

“I’m sure not even your heavenly telepathic abilities can gather the sum of civilians that have fallen to my beckoning. However, they've sinned so perhaps it would be within their own interest and their loved ones to relinquish their existence anyway. The earth destined to be made forlorn. ” The last words with perishing intervals of rejoice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 am 

2nd Year (1)

James sighed "he is dead, can I ask why you are calling for him?" He asked, looking around the store

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm 

"Dead?!" the voice practically spluttered, before clearing his throat to regain his composure "impossible... I was talking to him last night! How can he be dead?!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 pm 

2nd Year (1)

"He is dead sir, now why are you asking for him?" James asked, he didn't know who would be calling for Tom at the stroe. Everyone who knew him knew he had a cellphone and would just call him on that.. Unless this man didn't know him.. "Who are you, and you better tell me now before I hang this phone up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:10 am 

The Dark Hallways

Jess kept her eyes constantly on both Julien and Carly throughout the entire exchange, never once letting either out of her sight. The Lurker's revelations explained a good deal to her, but at the same time they also gave her more insight into his methodology; the workings of his mind and the outworking of his schemes. No mere short-term goal driven Lurker this one; he had his eyes firmly fixed on long-term consequences and greater achievements. Higher aspirations- perhaps even the god-complex she'd guessed at earlier? His claim- no doubt valid- to have subtly enticed and ensnared a great many souls, "making them mine," as he had worded it, certainly bespoke more than a hint of such a disposition. Jess kept her vigilance at maximum, even as she ran through his reply in her mind, before addressing the Lurker again.

"Like master like servant I suppose, Doctor Summerfield," she began, "Perhaps I could even congratulate you for being resourceful- but once again, just not terribly original. You work exactly the way Lucifer himself works- and I guess if something ain't broke, don't fix it hmm? A tried and tested template to work with you have there. But Doctor, you do seem to have miscalculated with so many little facets of your suppositions," Jess concluded. She paused only long enough to take a breath, keeping a keen eye on the Lurker's face as she spoke again.

"For one, you mistake my disposition quite; you give the impression of presuming annoyance or fear on my part. Unless that's just a facade, or an attempt to gain insight Julien, then you make a greater miscalculation than I'd have expected of you. Annoyance didn't cause me to move more openly- that was done for Carly's sake," she gestured towards the cat-girl briefly before continuing, "secondly, you've twice now asked if I'm afraid. I don't doubt though, that you've already discerned that there is in me not even the slightest trace of fear you can latch onto- does that scare you?"

Jess allowed that question to hang in the unnaturally still air for a moment before continuing on. "As for the weapon I wield," she said, "you're right, the power it embodies cannot be crafted into a wielding weapon, or into any weapon for that matter. It is power granted directly from the Most High- it can never be gained, only given and that never apart from His will. My weapon is a manifestation of His own power, granted me purely by His grace. As for your final point," Jess stated, drawing a breath as she drew the matter to a close, "I never said I would kill you, I simply asked you to guess what would happen if my blade went through your eye. Killing you is still certainly an option and you may rest assured I have the conviction to do exactly that," Jess broke off momentarily, deliberately shifting her blades forwards before continuing, "but there is the matter you mentioned. That doesn't get you off the hook though. You see; I don't have to kill you to resolve this situation. All it would take," Jess elaborated,"is one touch of my weapon- a single graze, a single cut. That wouldn't kill you, but it would send you-screaming and burning most likely- back to whatever recess of Hell you crawled out of, without ending even a single one of your victims. I know for certain you've no desire to return there, for the simple reason that the one thing every Lurker I've ever dispatched has had in common is a desire to remain here; where life is so much more fun for them".

Jess again gave the final statement extra emphasis by allowing it to hang in the air in the silence that followed the pronouncement, before again speaking. "Perhaps," she said, "you'd gain sufficent strength to make the crossing back to this world; perhaps you'd even gain it more rapidly than at first thanks to all those hooks you have in the hearts and souls of mortal people. But understand this," she said, making sure there was no misunderstanding the next statement, "no Lurker ever goes unobserved, netiher does the work they do. You and your work are no exception. Perhaps you might do well to consider Julien, how many of your hooks might already be corroded, how many of those 'cords of sin' frayed? And while you're at it consider this: How much more of your work do you think could be undone, and how much more rapidly, if you were once again restricted to working remotely from Hell?"

PostThis post was deleted by Kha'Zix on Thu May 15, 2014 11:08 am.
Reason: Irrelevant post