All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Rowan straightened from her telescope, adjusting it minutly then looking back through it. Here, in the inky darkness of an endless nature was where she found peace to study the stars. She looked up above her at the endless carpet of sparkling darkness and smiled. Beautiful.

She pushed her dark hair behind her ears and knelt once more to look through the telescope. Normally she was just mapping constalations, but tonight she had a very specific target. The comet that was supposed to pass overhead sometime tonight. A tiny streak to the naked eye, but in the telescope it would be a sight worth seeing.

She heard a sound behind her and tensed, turning to scan the inpenetrable darkness around her as she tried to sooth her irational fears. There was nothing out there. She was alone. What could be hiding in the darkness?

"But I don't want to go among mad people." Alice said. "Oh, you can't help that." Replied the cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad; you're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" Alice asked. "Oh you'd have to be, to come here."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (5)

Miles cursed under his breath. He didn't mean to scare the girl staring into the sky.

He stayed crouched and motionless as she stared in his direction. He stayed blended into the mixture of foliage and darkness, keeping his breathing slowed.

Maybe she didn't see me... he thought.

His yellow eyes moved from her to the sky. His curiosity was starting to get the better of him, which was normal for a feline. What the heck is she looking for? he thought, slowly scratching his head of black hair. His long, black tail with a white fur tip swayed back and forth as he pondered.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:05 am 

Diana stared at the inky black sky, dotted with bright lights that looked as if Christmas lights had been strung up all over the solid blackness overhead. From her perch on a sprawling oak tree, she could see the thick canopy of trees that spread out for miles and the black puddle beyond that she supposed was the lake.
Pushing herself up so she could get a better view, Diana balanced precariously on the branch, that now seemed awfully thin and unable to hold her weight. The stars overhead were so breathtaking and alluring that Diana wanted to reach out and grab them. She took another step forward, her fingers now barely in contact with the trunk. Suddenly, the branch wobbled violently. Diana jumped, but that only made the branch wobble more. With a loud snap, the branch suddenly broke off, bringing down Diana with it. Allowing her animal instincts to take over, Diana twisted midair like a cat and managed somehow to land upright without cracking her skull.
"So much for being nimble" she muttered to herself and got up, rubbing her sore legs which had probably been bruised or scraped during her fall. Diana cursed under her breath and with some effort, managed to pull herself to her legs. Suddenly, out of the heavy silence, a soft rustle sounded somewhere deep within the foliage and shrubs of the forest. Diana tensed immediately, her nose attempting to pick up unfamiliar scents around her. But there were none, none except for the familiar smells of mother nature.
"Its probably just a rat" she muttered to herself "no need to be paranoid". Diana walked off, but not before she could catch a blacker-than-darkness shape that loomed out of the corner of her eye. However, when she turned her attention towards it, the shape was gone.
"Must be my imagination" she decided. "Nothing to worry about".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:08 am 

A boy scrambled away from the girl's field of vision. He was almost caught by her, but as clumsy as the escape attempt was, it seemed to have worked. He was a natural at making no sound while moving, no matter how much he would stumble. Rather, it was impossible for him to make any sound. It was a wonder he wasn't so severely incorporeal that he would slosh through the ground into the core of the Earth and roast alive. He was almost out of time, trying to find a remedy for his predicament. No one could see or hear him clearly anymore, but merely sense his presence, as if there was a shadow in the room that shouldn't be there, cast by no object. Frankly, that was what he was: a shadow. A figure bordered by an outline which was filled with darkness. Had he always been this way? No.

Had he shouted something at the girl, all she would have heard would have been nothing but the sweet kiss of the wind. Had he stood in front of her, all she would have seen was a shape, if even that. Not that he wanted to do that. He was scared he would scare people away and further his punishment unwillingly. He was your ordinary high school student. Unlike all the other students, however, this boy craved attention and got some by tormenting his fellow classmates. His appetite for attention was voracious. Not once did he think of the feelings of the tormented, nor did he think that his actions might have consequences. Having undergone every form of school punishment allowed in present day, his craving was unstoppable as he gradually adapted to the punishments and stopped caring about them.

One day he woke up feeling emptier, darker and more transparent than usual, literally. However, his craving for attention hadn't subsided one bit. However, at school, most seemed to not notice him. This escalated day after day by getting less and less attention from other people. This was not due to people wanting to ignore this bully, but rather because they didn't have to. He searched for help and found out that the only way he would be the same again, he needed to gather attention again from people around him. As he tried to find out how exactly to do that, he could no longer touch his computer. His hand sloshed through his keyboard and the desk holding it. He looked in the mirror and found that his face was barely recognizable and that it was merely a simplified shape of what it once was.

Now here he was, with people who didn't know him beforehand as his final hope. He would have cried, if it were possible for him. Refusing to accept his fiery fate, he wanted to come to someone without being ignored as usual to get help for his situation before it would be too late. He pushed himself to move where the girl had been just now, but she was gone. From there, he simply moved towards an opening where he used to look at stars with his father as a little kid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm 

"I can't believe she didn't call me back!" Tyler stated with the shake of his head. "Another person on the list" he thought to himself. "Do I have a disease or something? No matter how nice I am, I just get tossed in the trash." Tossing his phone in the seat next to him, he decides to reach the glove box of his 70' Chevelle, when he pulls out his bag of herb and rolls a joint. "If I'm going to be miserable, I might as well be stoned." After a quick roll of the fingers and a lick of the tongue, he steps out of his faithful ride and sits on the hood. He pulls his zippo lighter out of his pocket, lights the joint, and lays back. Now he can look at the stars and think about what went wrong.

PostThis post was deleted by Commander on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm.
Reason: OOC in IC