All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forest loneliness
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:34 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Under the canopy of the trees, a lone lion was sulking. He sighed heavily as he remembered the horrible day he went though. The lion was just recently banished from his pride. His mane was halfway grown out, he was about a teenager in age.
He was a majestic lion. Cream colored fur covered his whole body, except for the white patches that were on his maw, paws, and under belly. A thick semi-formed mane draped across his head, the bangs blocking his vision is his looked down. The turf on the end of his tail was similar in having a blonde color. His body was thin, but with power muscle structure build in his legs and arms.
However he was far from looking or feeling dandy. He was banished by force by his own father. Wanting dominance over the lion pride. The king would often kill or banish male cubs in order to remove any threat of his kingship being taken over.
His beautiful cream coat was thrashed and matted with his own crimson blood. The thick blonde mane was sticking out in places where the king ripped, clawed and pulled on it.
He rested his head in his paws, sulking about what he could do next. He had no home, no place to sleep, he was alone, not knowing where he was. The lion comptemplated what he should do before painful thirst washed over him. All the thinking he did cause him to forget his basic body functions.
The injured lion stood up, his feet wobbling, about the fall. He grunted and growled in pain as he steadied himself. Moving his front paw forward, he slowly began to walk with a heavy limp, due to the huge gash on the back on the back of his leg. That was the worst blow he had suffered when he tried to escape. His father gave him the option to leave peacefully but he refused. The fight with his father didn't last long. He was thrashed and beaten within minuets until he fled as far as he could away from the pride he called home.
The lion went as far as he could, finally reaching a green lavish forest where he could rest. Around that time was when the pain set in for him. All the injuries that he sustained were numb due to all the adrenalin. When the natural drug faded from his body, thats when the pain and the discomfort set in.
As the lion limped around the forest, he had no clue where he would find water. Never being this far from home, he was a sitting duck. If he didn't find water soon, he would be in big trouble. He was so thirsty

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Forest loneliness
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 pm 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Caramandia took one deep breath before spreading her bat wings and taking off. The thick forest below her seemed endless. She couldnt fly long enough to find the end of it. Not yet, anyway. Finding a particularly large grove of trees she puller her wings back for her descent. Her ripped jeans and corset were dirt covered and blood stained from a couple bad landings but to her excitement, this landing was perfect, almost graceful. Her bare feet tickled the muddy forest floor and she looked around.

"Hello? Anyone there?"

Almost an entire year, I remained but a little leaf on the wind, hm? I dare to return but only if one can catch me~ Free spirits with open minds and loving embraces pull me this way and that. Keep me, shall you?
~
"Isnt the world full of wonderful things? I have lost so many things. My job, my future, everything people think is important. But I don't care! Cause even if I have to dig ditches for the rest of my life, I should be a ditch digger who once had a wonderful day."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:00 am 

The moment the voice hit his ears, they flattened to his head as he gave a aggressive growl. In his current condition he wasn't at liberty to trust anything at the moment. He came to a clearing were he pinpointed the noise. The lion began to slowly circle a tree where he was certain he had heard the voice from. Every step he took was uncomfortable, his muscles were sore from all the running he did when he made his escape from his pride.
After making his last round from the tree, he sat on his haunches and sniffed the air around him. There was a certain scent that caught his attention. The scent of mud. Mud equaled dirt, and mud is a mix between water and dirt. So there could be water somewhere nearby. He found it hard to take another deep sniff. His throat was so dry that every breath he took, dried him out more. The young lion took a deep breath before his breath caught; followed by a horrible hacking that escaped his throat. He hung his head low as he continued to cough, gasping for air. Collapsing to the ground, he continued to cough as he tried to catch his breath. He had no idea how much longer he could last. The young lion didn't know if he could even get up again, he felt so weak. Resting his head on his paws, he contemplated if this would be the place where he would draw his last breath.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am 

Caramandia shivered a bit as she circled the tree as well, but away from the lion. Suddenly, the lion paused, a horrible coughing sound escaping its throat and its head fell, along with its light gold body. Caramandia's hand flew to her mouth. She had the chance to run but... Her wings dropped. She couldnt just leave him. As much as her demon training screamed at her to leave the lion to die it just didnt seem fair. She bent down on the muddy forest floor and reached her hand out, timidly.

Almost an entire year, I remained but a little leaf on the wind, hm? I dare to return but only if one can catch me~ Free spirits with open minds and loving embraces pull me this way and that. Keep me, shall you?
~
"Isnt the world full of wonderful things? I have lost so many things. My job, my future, everything people think is important. But I don't care! Cause even if I have to dig ditches for the rest of my life, I should be a ditch digger who once had a wonderful day."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Lightheart shook out her dirtied paws savagely. She was known for her optimism and aura of utter contentment, as her name was currently dictating, today was just not her day. Something had thrown her off, but what?
A shadow moved off to her right, and she sung her head to see it more clearly. It was some kind of two legged beast, akin to what Lightheart would occasionally change into. But this one had extra appendages on its back, almost like bat's wings. Its color was also wrong... So was its scent...

To love is to give everything away for nothing,
To open your house to the dark stranger:
The world is a pit of fire and shadows,
Those who love throw themselves into it wholly:
Ah, my heart, only you know best...
How love is the mortal flesh,
Burning in the darkness.
~From a book I read a long time ago

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:38 pm 

Just as she locked eyes with the small lion Caramandia's eyes shot up. Rustling... Behind her. Her body stiffened for a brief moment before heat ignited under her fingers. She wouldn't attack the intruder. It was more for protections's sake. Turning around, she peeked her head around the tree in front of her.

What else could possibly in this forest?

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 pm 

The young lion clenched his eyes tight as the coughs attacked his throat, the pain in his chest becoming worse as the coughing drove. His head stayed firmly on his paws as he coughed a few more times before they finally subsided, giving him a chance to breath. The light colored chest began to rise and fall quickly from shallow breaths. He slowly opened his eyes and his heart dropped in horror what he saw.
A creature he had never seen in his life appeared out of nowhere in front of him, reaching a hand out towards. The light was against it's back so he could only really see her silhouette. Immediately he let out an angry growl, telling it to stay away from him. It back fired, the growl made his cough come back worse then before and he was once again hacking up a storm, his eyes closing tight. After they subsided a second time the young lions chest felt like it was on fire. He whimpered pitifully in pain, mewing like a new born cub as his chest burned terribly. "Pl....please......" He spoke with a raspy tone "L.....leave....leave,....me alone...." He whimpered before he started to cough again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm 

Caramandia's eyes jolted back. Did... Did the lion just speak? She clenched her teeth. She would deal with whatever was behind her later. The fire in her hands died as she crouched down to the lion again. Judging by the raspy sounds it was making it had to be dehydration. Water... She growled.
"Where the hell does a fire demon find water?" She had never needed water and never will. How do you look for it? Drumming her nails on the forest floor she looked at the shape behind the tree again. She could run to find water but that would put her at risk of attack. She smirked. Damn paranoia...

Finally deciding, she stood up and stretched her wings, the black skin casting silhouettes on the ground.

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm 

It sees me... Lightheart could feel its fear rolling off of it in waves. It seemed unused to the forest, a stranger definitely. But what was a stranger doing here? If the rest of her clan, especially the ambitious ones, saw her now... It could spell catastrophe.
She stared at the strange beast as it flew away, sizing it up. A slight breeze flitted up to her pink nose. Another creature was here, and far more perplexing than the one in front of her. A lion, most likely young and male. Did the lions decide that pushing her clan from their homeland was not enough? Did they think the Shifters could still be taken advantage of? Anger filled her as she stalked towards the young male, willing to use all her might to destroy it.
And then, she heard it cough.
He's injured... I have to help him! But, he is our sworn enemy. He must die... I can't do that, he's hurt... Yet to help him would be treason! Not to mention disgrace to my family... Her silent debate carried on for a few moments before she reached her decision. She walked up to the lion and licked his wounds clean. Whispering in his ear, she said, "I will go to fetch you medicine. Rest until I return." And she bounded away.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm 

She had barely gotten a couple feet in the air before she got a more of the blur that was the creature behind the tree. Maybe it knew where it was going. But to follow it could mean disaster. She shook her head. At this point she needed all the help she could get. Giving one final flick of her wings she pushed onward, her ruby eyes locked on the shadow.

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 pm 

Lightheart ran faster than she ever thought possible for a chieftain's daughter who dabbled with medicine more than exercise. Not that she was fat, or anything. The familiar trails flowed before her like a gentle river, swiftly guiding her to Camp.
"Halt, state your business," rang out a sentry with an air of authority. She slowed to a stately walk with her heart pounding hard. She really needed to run around more...
"It is I, Light Which Shines With Pleasure From The Ancestor's Heart. I have come to gather some supplies in which to heal a creature's body." Great Ancestor above, she hated her name, it was too long and complicated.
"Yes Lightheart, we know you," the sentry said kindly, "we just don't know if the strange beast with you is a friend or not."

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 pm 

As the shadow began to pause, Caramandia froze, forcing her wings to hover. The heavy canopy of trees made visibility impossible and she began to angle her wings down. If she dove fast enough, she might appear as a bird if she was lucky.

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:46 pm 

Friend? Wha-
Then she saw it, the strange beast from before. It had followed her, but why?
Today was definitely NOT her day.
"No, she is not with me," Lightfoot told the sentry, hoping that by saying so no one would be too wounded to require her immediate attention. She still had to heal the young lion. Assuming that they would allow her to be able to leave, of course.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:55 pm 

Landing very close to the entrance to a camp, she growled.
"Shoot me now.." She muttered to herself. Yeah, this might get her killed or it could get her out of the forest and water for the small lion. She just needed to wait for the creature to leave. Hunh...

"What a sad world we live in. Where friends can not be made, out of fear..."

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:05 pm 

The sentry was startled, to say the least, by the bizarre creature, but Lightheart had seen it before. It had seemed terrifying, yet it said something about friends being made. Lightheart had no idea what a friend was, but if it was anything like an ally, then the creature could turn on her clan at any minute. And now was not the most opportune time to have a "friend", but it was also crucial.
The sentry had already hoisted a rifle and had it raised to the being before Lightheart distracted him.
"Sir, shouldn't the creature be trailed? That is our custom, is it not?"

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm 

As the guard raised his gun, fire blazed from under my finger tips. I didnt want to attack but if I had to, I would. What had Damian always called me? A gentle soul with a fearsome exterior. I smirked. It appears so. As the creature spoke to the guard I strained my ears to hear.

"Sir, shouldn't the creature be trailed? That is our custom, is it not?" I blinked, startled. The sentry raised an eyebrow and I stepped forward a bit.

"Trailed? You have odd customs, whoever and whatever you all are."

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 pm 

"Is it so strange to present you and your reasons for coming here to the Council?" Lightheart asked gently. Her ways must be curious indeed for it to be strange to have trail. Barbaric even. The sentry was having the most difficult time trying to take it all in.
"Sir, could you not tell of our coming to the Chieftain, so he might hold council?" she asked the sentry, and he was gone a moment later. "Sorry about that, my name is Light Which Shines With Pleasure From The Ancestor's Heart, but everyone just calls me Lightheart. I am the Chieftain's daughter and healer for my clan, the Shifters." She knew it could bring ruin upon them all to tell the stranger such things, yet she knew she could trust it. "We are a hybrid group, both jaguar and human."

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 pm 

Caramandia's eyes lit up.
"That's amazing, Lightheart..." She paused for a moment before stepping forward out of the dark.
"I am Caramandia Niomi Netaria, a demon bat hybrid that's very lost." She said, laughing a bit. Looking at the entrance in front of her, she glanced at Lightheart again.
"Is it safe for me to come around here? We are in dangerous times.." She paused. "I don't want to cause trouble within the Shifters."

~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:34 pm 

"Once the sentry comes back with enough warriors to keep you from getting into trouble," Lightheart joked, "then yes." Her ears flicked backwards to listen for the guardsmen to return. Not coming yet... Usually their faster than this, but then again, I haven't been in this position before... "When they return, you may tell your story ONLY when told so. And do not speak out of turn, even if these are dangerous times." She flicked her spotted ears back again and heard the soft patter of skin on dirt.
"We can take it from here, miss," one of the warriors informed her. She bowed her head in return.

Burning in the darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 pm 

Caramandia nodded and as one of the guards grabbed her arm her wings pressed back out of instinct. She bit her lip at everyones alarmed looks and she relaxed. As they entered the camp, she turned to Lightheart.

"So where are they taking me?"

~