All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Adamar sighed as he grabbed his light plaid pullover shirt from the arm of the sofa. Even after all these years he could still smell his grandmother's perfume in the fabric. He desperately missed her. Living on his own had given him a new appreciation of life. He opted to work full-time instead of going to college and had requested the weekend off for a small vacation. He gave the living room one last look before opening the front door and leaving.

Today was the start of that vacation and he was supposed to meet up with his best friend Jason. They had decided to go check out a supposedly haunted amusement park, Chippewa Lake Park. This park was supposed to have been closed down for financial reasons yet strange phenemonons had been reported on the supernatural sightings website he frequented.

His friend lived a few blocks away at least, in one of the more well-off neighborhoods. He debated on driving but settled with going on foot. Adamar liked Jason's car more anyway. So he popped in his airpods and commenced the 20 minute walk.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

It had been a full day for Jason and it wasn't even half-over yet. He'd paid rent for the month, updated the chore wheel his roommate maintained was strictly necessary, gotten into a small but repeat argument with his boyfriend, finished his morning run, and mailed the last of his paperwork off to the college he'd been afforded a generous scholarship to. All of that is to say that by the time Adamar showed up, Jason was as ready as he was going to be to leave the chaos of the morning behind him and explore a spooky old theme park.

After greeting his friend when he knocked at the door, Jason invited Adamar in and offered him a glass of water, before collecting his own things off the coffee table in the living room. "So I've got two water bottles, two flashlights with extra batteries, a decent camera and an empty notebook." Jason gestured to a few printed pages he'd left on the table. "Check it out. For a park that operated as long as it did, news about Chippewa Lake is really sparse. That's all I could get out of Google in the twenty minutes I had to look. Few old pictures, an anonymous thread that says not to go there, an article from 1954 about a Mr. Maltan who was considering buying the place...

"Anyway, I'm ready to go when you are. Do you think we'll need anything else? I figured we'd stop by some sandwich place and then go straight to the park, unless there are any other supplies to buy." Jason grabbed his car keys and waited for the answer, clearly eager to put the stressful part of his day behind him - what could be more relaxing than a tour of an old park with his best friend?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:38 pm 

Adamar checked the duffle bag he slung over his shoulder before leaving. It was packed with some ghost hunting equipment, a small throw blanket, some snacks and small juices. He also had extra batteries for the thermal camera.

"I think we might be good but I could totally go for a sandwich before we get there." Adamar smiled.

He looked up at Jason with a goofy grin. He was definitely excited about showing off something really cool. And who knows, maybe they would find some ghostly forms.

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:10 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"Sweet, I'm buying." Jason headed off any protest by adding "that new joint down the road has this... Melt kind-of-thing I want your opinion on." Already out the door, Jason was in the car and once Adamar climbed into the passenger seat they were off!

Twenty minutes later, freshly-bought sandwiches in a paper bag and two sodas placed neatly in the car's cupholders, Jason pulled away from the drive through and out onto the road again. "Navigate for me? I know the direction to start in but I didn't think to see how long this drive would be." A moment later, he added "actually I'm curious. Have you been before, Adamar? Or are we just going off of its reputation?" Jason knew enough about Adamar's business to know that, more often than not, his friend had checked out whatever local spot people said was haunted. This one had clearly been a big deal to him, however, so he might not have been.

The morning had been sunny enough, but now clouds were beginning to roll in. They were still light enough not to threaten rain, at least for the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 pm 

Adamar hungrily ripped open the foil of his pepperoni bagel melt clamped his now watering mouth down on the food. He waited a minute before answering Jason in prser to swallow the food.

"No I havent been there. The things I read about it seems pretty interesting however." He replied before taking another mouthful. The melt was amazing. Probably the best he ever had. "Apparently theres this weird sickly sweet fog that rolls in around dusk and theres been some ghost sightings as well, yet no deaths were ever report within the 100 years of it operating."

After another bite he pulled out his phone and searched the address in google maps. It was a good 45 minute drive from their current location. He raised the volume so the voice could navigate. "You good like this or should I connect it to your Bluetooth?"

Adamar continued his lunch until the last bite was gone then gulped down more soda. When he looked at his phone again he sighed. A part of him really wanted to put on some edm music. He loved when the base rocked the car and hia body.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:44 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"I think it should be fi-" Jason started to say, then had to suddenly swerve as a battered old van nearly clipped their car from behind. "What the hell!?" Pulling off to the side of the road for a moment, Jason watched the other vehicle continue on down the road in the same direction the pair of them were headed. No license plate, tinted windows... Weird.

Taking a moment to catch his breath, Jason turned to Adamar and offered an apologetic smile. "Uhh... Sorry. That dude came out of nowhere." Checking over his shoulder, Jason backed onto the road again. "Okay, take two. Um... Why not connect up to the bluetooth, man?"

A little under an hour later, Jason rolled up the worn dirt road until they were about fifty feet away from the rusted-over front gate, then waited until the current EDM track had ended to turn off the car. Opening his store and climbing out, Jason stretched his legs before returning to the vehicle to pick up his backpack and half-empty soda. Overhead the skies were grey, a little darker than they had been before. "Maybe we should have brought umbrellas," he commented to Adamar with a smirk.

Looking around the road, it didn't seem like there was much around aside from the old park. Jason did notice another set of tire tracks in the dirt, but couldn't tell if they were recent or from sometime last week. With a bright smile, he nodded to Adamar once his friend had gotten his things together. "Alright, lead the way."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:04 am 

The sudden swerve caused Adamar to smack his head against the door. He groaned and rubbed the now tender spot above his right ear. "Damn idiots..." He growled. "People need to learn how to drive." He sighed then hooked up the GPS via Bluetooth and opted for a song by Excision. The low bass drops thrummed through the car and hia body.

---

Less than an hour he opened his eyes as the car hit the bumpy dirt road. He had dozed off about 10 minutes prior. "Guess we're here then" he thought aloud.

He noted the surroundings as they pulled the the gate, which of course had the old graffiti-signed 'DO NOT ENTER- PRIVATE PROPERTY' now fading against the rusted metal. Near the fence post was a hole with the chain link fence bent backwards to allow entry. Adamar guessed not many authorities actually tried to keep people out. He gave a visable shiver as the air seemed to grow cold on the other side of the fence.

"We'd better hurry." Adamar said lightly, a notch above a whisper. He was usually creeped out but this place, although he was excited, also made him apprhensive. There was a dark feeling unlike the other so called haunted sites he had been to. He grabbed the duffel bag and pull his thermo-camera out as a just in case. As he stepped away from the car he also saw the seemingly fresh tire tracks. He just hoped they didnt have the sort of company that was deadly.

He led Jason through the entrance, stopping every so often to check the heat readings around them. So far there had only been a cold spot off in the distance, the direction they were headed. A few minutes later the foumd themselves at the old park entrance. It was supposed to read 'Welcome to Chippewa Lake Park', but some of the letters had rusted off and fallen. Instead it read 'Come to Chi_a ke Ark'. It made no sense but the rust that dripped down looked like dried up blood.

From beyond the sign Adamar could aee what used to be the old ticket stand, now a rundown shack with two walls and half a roof left. He peeked inside only to find scattered debris and broken glass. "Shame theres no old tickets. I kind of wanted one as a keepsake." He joked to Jason. "I doubt after all this time one ticket wouldve survived nature this long though."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

As the two had approached the damaged entrance, complete with its rusted over lettering, Jason had let a quiet curse leave his lips. "THAT," he said as he pointed up to 'Come to Chi_a ke Ark', "THAT is spooky." Pausing, cellphone in hand, Jason snapped a picture of the dilapidated welcome before returning the device to his pants pocket.

Following Adamar again, Jason said "there's not a lot of signal out here, apparently." Not that that was too strange, why would someone build a cellphone tower way out here anyway? He did as Adamar had done and peeked into the wreck of a ticket stand. "Yeah, I don't think anything from in there is sticking around." Turning back to his friend, he smiled. "But keep your eyes open for a lockbox, or anything else that could have survived the weather for a few years. We could find you that souvenir yet."

Looking around the pair of them now, Jason sort of shrugged his shoulders. No denying the atmosphere of this place was something, but Jason felt like the biggest 'threat' to the pair of them would be a rainstorm. Wait, why was he thinking about threats anyway? This was just a fun thing to do with his best friend, while the two still lived close enough together to hang out easily. It wasn't always going to be like that...

"So, where should we go? Looks like a lot of the stuff is still standing. I mean, we probably shouldn't try to ride any of the rides, but other than that."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:15 am 

Adamar cracked a smirk at Jason's cheesy joke. Then the sky began darkening a bit more. It was almost as if someone head sped up the day and it was already nearing dinner time. The bright sunny day was well hidden behind the ominus black clouds. Not even a sliver of a ray shown through. Thunder eumbled lowly in the distance.

"Perhaps you were right about that storm though when I checked the weather today there was supposed to be a 0% chance of rain" Adamar sighed. "Maybe someplace with shelter. Maybe theres a funhouse or something. We could check there."

He pointed towards the east wing of the rundown park. Half standing buildings and thier fallen rubble littlered the walkway but it was still passable. As they walked he would check out each opening, noting something in the tiny journal he kept on hand. Whenever he found something of interest Adamar would jot it down, also noting the location with detail.

Soon they happened upon what used to be a funhouse. The building, weirdly enough, was pretty intact compared to the ones around. It seemed newer than the others, which was unlikely. Perhaps it had been built right before the park closed but somehow weathered better than the entire park. As he tore off one of the wooden planks boarding up the entranceway he felt a shiver creep down his spine. There was sonething definitely off about this place.

"Well I guess we might find something in here." He voice the tiniest bit shaky.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:45 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Already beside him, Jason followed suit and started tearing away boards. Adamar was stronger than Jason was, but these boards were half-rotten and posed no real challenge to the pair of them. In the dark of this sudden storm, Jason was solely focused on getting into shelter and didn't immediately notice the strange smell coming from inside the funhouse. It was stale and sickly (which was to be expected), but beneath the rotting wood and hint of mold... There was an unmistakable scent of popcorn, the kind with cheap butter sauce poured over it.

For now, Jason would miss this. He and Adamar had the boards all pulled away and tossed to one side and he stepped into the building first, clicking his flashlight on and going farther in. This entry room was long and skinny, with a bunch of picture frames on the walls. The pictures within them were almost entirely obscured by dust, but Jason guessed that they were probably old B-movie posters, or something like that. Probably fun and garish imagery to get people in the mood to explore a spooky funhouse. As a fan of those old B-movies, Jason was interested in getting a look at those posters, but he didn't have anything with him to clean the dust off the glass frames. "Hey Adamar, if you see any dry old rags or anything, we can come back and uncover these frames." Holding his flashlight in his teeth for a moment, Jason took another picture, the cell phone camera's flash jarring in the dark as it reflected off the dusty picture frames. He didn't know then just how much his picture had exposed...

Continuing ahead of Adamar for the moment, Jason turned a corner and shined his flashlight down the next corridor. "Okay, this is kind of strange." He stepped back into the first room and waited for Adamar to catch up to him. "This room is nice, and it looks from here like the room at the end of the hall is in good shape too. But the hallway looks rotten, or burnt or something." Jason looked down in thought for a moment. "I want to keep going, but I'm not sure the floor will even hold us. We could maybe go around outside and find a backdoor?"

As if in answer to this suggestion, a loud thunder clap sounded, seeming to shake the funhouse's foundations beneath them. "... Or maybe not." Jason laughed nervously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 pm 

Adamar gave a slight cough from the dust. The sound echoed all around. Just as his friend said the floor boards down the hall did indeed look rotted away. Some were even missing. He bent down, feeling the seemingly ancient wood. Though covered with age, dirt and grime, they seemed somewhat smooth.

"If we tread carefully there may be some sturdy ones." Even though he spoke with a low voice, it seemed to carry down the hall. He took a step forward, testing each plank before putting his full weight on them.

As he continued down the hall he began to hear some feint music. It sounded kind of like something you would hear on a carousel. The organ music never grew louder so it was hard to pinpoint where it was coming from. All of a sudden the popcorn smell wafted past his nose.

"This is very strange." He mused. Then turning to his friend he spoke again. "You hear that right? Theres something weird going on here..."

Then one of the floorboards broke under his foot and he fell to the ground with a thud and a yell.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"Yeah, I-"

The board snapped and Adamar fell through to the basement with a shout.

"ADAMAR!" Frantic, Jason abandoned caution, nearly falling in himself as he leaned over the edge and shone his flashlight down, trying to find his friend by its light. It could not have been too long a fall, he could see bits of the floor below but the particular place Adamar had fallen was blocked from Jason's view by debris. "Are you okay? Say something!" He waited for a response - if one didn't come he was going to do his best to climb down along the rotted wall, an effort that would (in success or failure) result in him getting to his friend.

Wherever Adamar was - and whatever might be there with him - Jason was too worried about his friend to take stock of the features of this basement, such as how large it was or how many ways in or out there were.

In the entryway behind Jason, where the two had come in, dust began to leave two of the picture frames, pouring down onto the floor like sand might. Jason never turned around to notice this...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 pm 

Adamar groaned as he attempted to sit up and gather his bearings. His head ached from hitting the stone floor and he could smell the metallic scent of blood. He managed to grab his phone, which luckily hadnt been smashed in the fall, and turned on the flashlight feature. He shined it on the throbbing leg and grimaced. It wasnt cut up too bad at least but it did need to be bandaged.

"I'm okay." He yelled up after he heard his friend calling for him. "A little banged up but I'll be okay."

He tore off a piece of his flannel shirt and wrapped it around his bleeding leg tightly. Then he attempted to stand up. It hurt to put much weight on his but it didnt feel broken at least. "I will try to find a way up to you. Be careful though!" Adamar yelled as he searched around the basement room for some stairs leading up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Reassured by Adamar's words, Jason nonetheless knew that he still had to get across or around this burnt-out room. If there was some way up from the chamber Adamar had fallen into, it was going to come up on the far side of this place. After all, there'd been no other doors from the entryway.

Speaking of the entryway, Jason turned back towards it, his first plan to deal with the storm and go around the building to find another way in. Of course, just as he did so, a flash of lightning cast some kind of shadow on the wall he was looking at. A strange shadow, a sort of person-shaped shadow with long, angular limbs that seemed to end in blades or tentacles rather than hands. Jason swore in shock, then shined his flashlight back toward the entryway.

Nothing was there. Of course nothing was there. Ghosts weren't real. He shook his head, feeling upset at himself for even thinking he saw something. "Adamar, I'm gonna try to find a way around. I'll be back soon, so don't worry!" He got back up to stand, then walked through to the entryway - and suddenly felt his heart pound in his chest. "Um... Adamar?" His voice quivered a bit as he shouted. "We got in here by pulling a bunch of boards apart right? Because..." He almost couldn't believe his eyes. "I think they're back where they were."

Jason set his back against the wall, keeping his flashlight pointed directly at the boards over the door. They showed no signs of having been broken before. He thought he might be able to break them again, but somehow couldn't bring himself to try. What was this?

From beside Jason, the picture frame nearest to him began to make a sort of groaning noise, like an overtaxed machine. Looking toward it in a panic, he saw as the glass of the frame seemed to slowly inflate, ballooning outward until -

- Jason ducked just before the glass exploded, covering his face with his arms (which received several unpleasant but not severe cuts). Without waiting to see what was going to happen next, Jason ran back to the hole in the floor and jumped onto the rotting wall, half-climbing and half-falling down to the level with Adamar. He managed this without any further injury, but he looked terrified as he finally reached his friend.

"I think... I think this place..." Jason took a deep breath, digging through his bag for any kind of first aid materials. How could he have forgotten to pack them!? "I think the entryway to the funhouse was maybe... Part of the exhibit? A trick photo just blew up on me, and like I said... The boards are back."

The basement had the opposite problem to the rest of this building so far. Where the entryway had come with only one door, this basement had at least three in different walls, and it looked like a fourth was partially blocked off by a bunch of heavy-looking boxes. The air had a faint reddish tint to it, and the smell of old popcorn was stronger here.

"I'm sorry I forgot to bring bandages," Jason said quietly. "I guess, once we get back up there, our trip's over."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:15 am 

“It’s fine” Adamar replied. “But how are the boards back up?”

As he waited for a reply a noise sounded behind where they stood. It sounded like footsteps running along stone. The sound echoed and repeated in a different part of the basement room. Again it echoed and them stopped abruptly.

“What the hell was that?” Adamar gasped. He gazed around but could not find where it was coming from. “Let’s get out of here.”

Then he turned to the nearest doorway, which led to a long stone corridor. He walked slowly as it was pitch black and impossible to see. His hand fumbled in his bag, searching for the flashlight he brought. Finally his fingers grasped the cool metal and he pulled it out. Flicking the switch on. It blinked to life a few times before deciding to stay on. The hall way long and covered in dust, illuminated by the pale light. The were some pictures stung up on the walls just like the ones near the entrance.

“Just saying, this place gives off some weird vibes...” he whispered to Jason. “Maybe there’s some ghosts here.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

They were friends, and had been for a long time. Adamar's feelings were important to Jason, and that was why he had never admitted to his friend that he didn't believe in ghosts. Or, he had, but that had been a long time ago and he never brought it up. Adamar felt the spirits of his family were with him even in death, and Jason (who knew that his life had been much easier) always thought it would have been wrong to do anything that might take that belief away from Adamar.

So, when Adamar whispered that there might be ghosts, Jason didn't say that ghosts weren't real. Instead, he looked around the hallway and trailed a path behind Adamar. "It's possible," he lied - or thought he lied. "But either way we gotta get back up and out. I'll be fine for now but I want to wash these cuts out before they get infected." He smiled past a bit of pain. "At least you're walking pretty well for taking that fall."

More sounds in the room behind them, like before. Jason's gut dreamed up a scenario he could accept for this - and it wasn't better. Adamar might chase ghosts, but Jason was thinking back to the recent tire tracks, and to the boards replacing themselves, and the weird sights and noises... Someone else might be in here with them. Some lunatic keeping this forgotten fun-house powered for his own deranged amusement. The thought had Jason's blood chilling faster than any ghost he could imagine - at least so far.

"If you see anything strange... Just, don't run off, okay?" Jason remembered Adamar's injury and sheepishly added "sorry. I just meant... We shouldn't split up."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:53 am 

Adamar followed Jason cautiously. His injured leg throbbed but he tried not to show pain in front of his friend. The corridor ended abruptly but at least led them to a rickety wooden staircase. Adamar tested each stair before putting his full weight on it.

“It seems like this will hold up alright. Just be quick.” He said as he still tested the stairs while ascending. He managed to make it to the top without any of incident. As he gathered his bearings the faint smell of popcorn drifted by his nose. “Do you smell that?”

He looked around, seeing an open door illuminated by the flashlight. Adamar made sure Jason was behind as he entered the room. The smell got stronger but it wasn’t the source. When he turned to Jason once again he saw a humanoid shadow growing on the wall behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk