All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:07 am 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Edward stood at the helm off his ship the sun setting on the horizon the wreckage of the pirate ship they had hunted down it seemed as though there were less pirates then there had been in forever Edward sighed “would someone shut the prisoners up they are worse than the ones we caught last month and at least they knew when to be quite”. Edward looked around the deck of the ship to see no one going below deck to shut the prisoner up “alright you bunch of bilge rats if none of ye want to shut them up I guess I will”. Edward made his way to the lower deck and then into the brig Edward unsheathed his sword the encryptions glowed dimly giving only enough light to see the terrified faces of the captured pirates “will you all shut your traps it’s been a long enough day without you all shouting at the top of your lungs about something that is not real”. The pirate crew did nothing except give a weary glace to the far corner of the ships hull some of them started to whisper about something before Edward clanged the bars with the hilt of his sword “I said shut up the lot of ya or I’ll send you all down to davy jones locker right here and now if ya’ll continue to disturb me and my crew you will soon learn why they call me the reaper.” The prisoners all stayed silent “now that’s more like it don’t make me come down here again or else” Edward made his way back to the deck where his crew stood staring out at the open sea “anything out there firstmate”. A tall man at the helm smiled at his capitan “nothing yet sir just miles of open sea” Edward smiled maybe they had finally gotten rid of the pirate filth “alright boys let’s get these prisoners to port royal”.

Days later

Edward sat on the end of the dock beside his ship it had been a great couple of days but the fact is that there just weren't that many pirates around anymore so Edward had decided to retire to a secluded island most of his crew had left to find new jobs somewhere else that did not involve hunting pirates. Edward watched the sun rise in the horizon as he did many times out on the sea aboard his ship after a few minutes Edward stood up and made his way up to his home which was a medium house near the top of a hill Edward made his way inside and locked the door behind him leaving the life he once known behind tomorrow he would go looking for a new job maybe something that still involved the see he couldn’t deny it he was drawn to the majestic side of the sea and it’s mysteries.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Commodore Kipling stood on the docks, her hands held behind her back as she watched the men from various ships doing what they did everyday. It had been at least three weeks since she herself had been on the sea, and if she were being completely honest, she missed it. Something about the roll of the dock beneath her feet, the open ocean, the adventure.

As of late much of the navy had been sitting around with little to do in the various ports and towns they occupied. Piracy had gone down as far as they could tell with fewer reported cases, and even fewer sightings. It was a cause for celebration and many of the men had done just that. But when a week turned into two, and two into three, the celebrations had died down and people had begun to wonder what now?

Her entire career had been built around getting rid of pirates, and now that they were dwindling in number, Natalie found herself wondering what she was to do now. She couldn’t return to simply being Natalie Kippering, not after all this time acting as a man, climbing the ranks to commodore, and having her own ship and crew. But what else was she to do?

She had witnessed many man who had spent their lives on the sea retire, going off to find jobs elsewhere, or signing on with smaller ships that carried cargo. There was still some need of patrol, but more often than not, even those patrols were dull and one found themselves waiting for them to be over, wanting to just drown the night in a bottle of cheap ale and wake up in the straw pile behind the stable.

Sitting at the inn with some of her men, a pint in her hands, Natalie couldn’t help but remember the stories she had been told as a kid about pirates, about the adventures they had, but also about the curses. Sometimes when she had had maybe one too many she wondered if that was why the pirates were disappearing, some curse, but than her rational mind chased these fanciful thoughts away. No, it was simply the end of the pirates, that was it.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace