All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 am 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

It couldn’t just be a normal day but no Osprey was chasing a gang of guys who had been making new weapons out of what alien tech still remained and they had to put a stop to it. Osprey soared high above the city “I got eyes on our target Peter ready whenever you are” she listened for Peter to give the que to go in for the attack when it was given Osprey dipped into a dive and extended her talon’s to grab one of the men off the truck taking them into the air with her. Osprey flew over the nearby river and dumped the man into it “It’s all your Peter let’s get back at these guys for doing this to our home.” Osprey was ready to take down another one of the men when he shot of the weapon he was holding she dogged quickly only to see some sort of portal behind her “what is the….. Peter whatever these things are they are not weapons it’s like some sort of portal to somewhere else.” Osprey had manage the corner three men in one building but one fired the portal gun and disappeared into the protal “Peter they're getting away I’m going after them. She ignored Peter telling her not to follow them but it was to late once she followed after them Osprey started to chase these guys across each dimension they entered.
Osprey had been chasing these guys for who knows how long but this time Osprey tumbled through the portal error messages displaying on the screen inside her helmet Osprey rolled across the roof of one of the nearby buildings and stopped when she hit a wall on the far end of the roof which was lucky because if it had not been there she would have fallen 6 feet to street level. Osprey sat up against the wall and took of her helmet to start “f*** this isn't good” She carefully examined the helmet and the rest of her wingsuit “s*** joints broken on one wing and the turbine is still running on the other but it’s stalling, the mechanism that supplying oxygen through my mask is busted which is bad on it’s own and to top it all off I have know f***ing idea where I am well where we are buddy” Osprey turned to given her attention to her canine friend “you followed me didn’t you even when I said to stay with Peter”. Bruiser whined but then began to happily wag his tail and come closer to Osprey “alright bud let’s get off this roof and find a place to make repairs to it” Bruiser led the way to the stairs to get off the roof after Osprey packed the wingsuit into her bag she was so glad peter helped her make the wingsuit fold up into a compact bag so it was easier to carry around when she didn’t need it. Once down on the ground floor of the building Osprey could feel the people she past staring at her and her dog so she mostly speed walked to the door and avoided eye contact with anyone. After leaving the building Osprey looked around the city it was like her home but different in away Osprey jumped a little when she heard a familiar voice inside her head “you know we cannot stay we have stop those people and get back home”. Osprey sighed “I know Buriser but right now we need to fix my wingsuit then we can find those men again and continue this useless chase” Osprey hadn’t really been paying attention when she bumped into someone which knocked her off balance and almost falling “hey how about you watch where you're going buddy there are other people than yourself you know”. Osprey dusted herself off and calmed Bruiser down by stroking his back “anyway I don’t have time to talk I have somewhere to be so if you don’t mind we will be on our way come on Bruiser”. Osprey walked away from the person not really caring to know what or if he had given her his name because there were more important things to do like repairing her wingsuit and going home. Osprey walked into an alley and pulled down on one of the switches on her bag which unfolded the wings the turbines roaring to life “I won’t have as much lift as I want but it will be enough to get off the streets to find a hide out quicker” Bruiser stood still and allowed Osprey to grab him and lift off the ground without trouble.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:35 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Miles was so close to falling asleep in this class. It probably had something to do with last night’s patrol, sending him swinging from one end of the city to the other in pursuit of these guys who thought it was a good idea to rob a bank and make a quick get away on their motorbikes. Sure it had allowed them to use smaller streets, alleys, and other ways that preventing the cops in their cruisers from following, but Spider-Man had the advantage of not needing to rely on roadways to get around. He had tied them up easily, web shooters and tires not having a good relationship, and had waited for the police to arrive before making his way home. Over the past few months Miles had become an expert at sneaking in and out of the house without his parents knowing.

So when he had gotten in at nearly 3am, no one had known. Cue his alarm going off a few hours later, a rushed breakfast, and now hours of school, Miles was ready to pass out. Seriously, how did heroes do this? Yawning, he somehow made it through the rest of the day and was released to the streets of New York. Almost immediately, Miles had pulled on his headphones, cranked the music, and made the familiar trek down the sidewalks. He was used to the bustle of people, getting bumped from time to time, even having to play the dodging game to avoid having things fall out of his arms or ending up on the ground and at risk of being trampled. It was all part of being a New Yorker. But when the girl bumped him, Miles had stumbled back a few steps, sending a hasty apology to the man he had bumped into. Righting himself, he had slid his headphones down around his neck and received the outburst.

“Hey, I…” He was caught off from saying anything both by what she said, and from his spider senses going off. Something was wrong here. Looking her over before she ran off, Miles didn’t see anything that looked out of the ordinary, but then again he could have said the same thing about Gwen back when all that had happened. He had grown to trust his senses, and this time was no different. Following the direction he thought the girl had disappeared to, Miles was just in time to see her use some sort of tech to lift off the ground.

“Woah.” Miles said, watching the girl and her dog disappear over the rooftops. Something was up, and it looked like he had to figure out what. Shaking the tiredness off yet again, Miles quickly changed into his Spider-Man suit, ditched his bag at home, and went off in search of the strange, and kinda rude, flying girl.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace