Post subject: To Hunt Or Be Hunted
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

@Rainbow

William pulled on the reins, forcing his horse to stop as he read the name of the small inn and tavern before him. The sign was faded by the elements, but the letters could still be made out, as well as the carved dragon that adorned the wood. This was the place. Sliding from the saddle, he led the horse to the small stable next to the main building, handing over the lead, and a silver coin to the small boy waiting there.

That done, William shouldered his pack and entered the tavern. As expected, the room was warm and lively. People in various stages of drunkenness littered the room, some passed out in their seats, mugs still in hand, while others danced to the bard’s music in the corner. The fire roared, providing warmth and light to the room as William approached the counter where a young woman stood serving those seated at the wooden bar.

Leaning against it, William folded his arms before him, one sleeve of his cloak pulling up to reveal the leather arm guard he wore underneath. He waited until the woman had a moment before speaking.

“You wouldn’t know a Serlo, would you? He has a job for me and I would hate to have come all this way for nothing.”

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: To Hunt Or Be Hunted
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 am 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Azariah was serving customers at the tavern her father owned and also occasionally cleaning up spills then returning to the counter to serve other customers as her father kicked a pair of individuals that had started to fight each other. Azariah looked around the room when she caught a glimpse of the sky she missed flying high above the mountains the sun warming her scales and shining on her wing membranes illuminating the bright greens and browns on her wings. Azariah also missed playing with her brother and sisters in the woods playing tag with fire . Azariah did not hear the man come up to the counter until he asked if she knew Serlo this brought Azariah back to the present world around her “yes I know him he is the owner and my father after all” Azariah hated it when Serlo hired men to do a job for him which often involved her family which were dragons so they accidentally burned a house or to was that really a reason to send a hunter after them. Azariah looked over the man he seemed like a skilled hunter “hear let he go and get him for you” Azariah walked out from the counter and went and got Serlo “father there is a man here about the job you posted” Serlo looked over at the bar and nodded her off and walked over to the man at the bar. Azariah walked into the back room to eavesdrop on the conversation like she had done many times before.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: To Hunt Or Be Hunted
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:34 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Watching the woman work, William wondered if she was the only one who worked here as she moved from the counter, to the tables, and back again. She was doing quite well all things considered, and even the few men calling out to her in an offensive manner seemed to be ignored. It almost appeared as though something else were on her mind as she glanced towards one of the tall windows, his question pulling her from her thoughts.

“I did not mean to disturb you.” William started. “But it is rather convenient that you have such a connection to the man.” If there was any distaste in her words, William didn’t hear it. When she offered to go and fetch Serlo, William nodded, taking a seat while he waited.

He wasn’t waiting long when the older man approached, taking his hand and thanking him for taking on the job. He expressed that many hunters refused to hunt the dragons anymore for fear of being injured, maimed, or killed. Finding a man willing to do so was becoming harder and harder.

“I assure you, this will not be the first beast I have fallen.” William answered, a light smile on his face. They discussed payment next, and when that was settled and Serlo had disappeared to fetch the first sum of coins, William turned his attention to the doorway to the backroom. He had watched the young woman disappear through there and not come out, and he wondered if she had been listening in. It wouldn’t be the first time he had caught such acts, the ladies usually swooning over the hardened dragon hunter here to save the village, hoping to be swept off their feet when he returned. That had yet to happen. Curious though, William looked around to make sure no one was paying attention as he slipped behind the counter and knocked on the doorframe.

“Miss, I’m afraid there are some thirsty men out here looking for your services. I would hate for you to get in trouble for not fulfilling your duties.” He said, a smile on his face.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon