All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Knight
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:03 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Blog: View Blog (0)

Clang.

Another slash from Johnathan's blade met his forearm and Motto nearly dropped his sword. It was all he could do to keep his hand steady and ride out the fresh pain. Only it didn't come. Just as before, the knight felt a gentle coolness touch him and the injury seemed to grow quiet. There was no time to think on it as he was focusing on his close friend's rhythm. Soon Johnathan's barrage of strikes would ease, and there would be an opening.

Clang clang clang! Sparks flew and ladies of the court gasped as the two exhausted knights hastened into a blurred exchange; the sun's heat was not the cause of the distortion. It was the stirring of magic. Motto saw Johnathan's unguarded left and bashed it with his hilt. That was the intention at least. As always, his childhood friend seemed to predict the attack and evade it at the last moment; pivoting himself and letting Motto stumble past. The wild-haired knight would not fall prey to a humiliating counter strike and he swung wide; risking his balance and possibly the Spring Tournament Trophy. The bold maneuver paid off however, and Johnathan received the flat of Motto's sword on his thigh.

A trumpet blared and Motto blinked in confusion. It appeared Johnathan shared the sentiment, and the two knights lowered their swords before looking to the source of the sound. "A Draw." The Sword Master's expression caused Motto to wince. He was not one to be trifled with. With a frustrated heart, Motto raised his shield to the crowd and bowed his head. How long had they battled? He felt strange and ...more tired than he'd ever felt before as well.

"Ah. Kate came to see my victory." Johnathan nodded towards the fence where Motto saw a woman.

"Kate?"

"Did I not mention her? She is my dear sister. Come!"

Motto eyed his friend wearily. Johnathan was in high spirits for someone who just lost a trophy....and since when did he have a sister? With the little energy he had left, Motto made his way over to where Kate stood. His helmet under one arm and sword resting at his hip, Sir Motto came to stand with his friend at the fence. Motto wasn't as tall as his companion but he made up for the difference in sturdiness.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Knight
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate had left her family's box to get closer to see the match between her brother and the unknown opponent. The fight was long and she sided with the strange knight. She did not know who her brother was attacking. The trumpet blew and the mage relaxed. She massaged her hands. Lady Kate hands had gripped the fence tightly. She only whispered healing spells. Healing spells were easy for the teenage mage.

She saw the face of a weary and soaked hair and face of a handsome young man. He was a human, a head smaller than her brother. She dwarfed both men at 5'7". She smiled a toothy grin as the stranger approached.

She opened the gate and allowed the squares in to handle the armor of the knights. They both looked like drowned rats and red-faced. Kate knew these two were equally matched. It would be four years in a row her brother would boat his victory. This year he would have to share the winnings. She was disappointed the stranger had not bested Jonathan.

Kate greeted the near victorious knight, "Well Sir, you almost made it. You gave my brother a good challenge and the crowd loved it. I am so happy to meet you."

Kate glanced at her brother as he removed his helm and gave a velvet purse to the stranger. John looked at Kate with a curious expression.

"Do not worry dear Brother. I will heal you after you both get refreshment and take a dip in the creek. Come, the Ladies of Court have prepared a spread for all knights. Father will meet you all at Heidi's inn for celebration. I will accompany you tonight. I brought my lute."

Kate removed her handkerchief then handed it to the young knight that almost beat her brother, "Take it. I put the healing essence of sage and sandalwood. Lavender is my fragrance of choice. I saw you grow up but was never allowed to meet father's elite until today. Sir Motto, please call me Kate or Kattie."

Jonathan frowned at Kate and squeezed the wetness from his hair. Kate did not wait for him to introduce his best friend. "Kate must you be forward. My sister does not like to be called by her proper title for reasons that her own. She won't tell me."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 pm 

I'm just here to RP

A young squire loosened the binding on Motto’s chest plate and he thanked the boy. With the heavy armor off, he felt leagues better and wiped his face with his tunic. It would be pleasant indeed to step into the shade and take a rest.

"Well Sir, you almost made it. You gave my brother a good challenge and the crowd loved it. I am so happy to meet you."

“..and I .. you.. my Lady.” Motto shifted his stance awkwardly and looked at the woman. Her poise was like that of a princess and her features reminded him of the Fey he sometimes encountered in the wood. She spoke of healing and he remembered his own prolonged endurance during the match. A pang of guilt was felt in his chest and the knight’s poise shifted ever so slightly. He looked at the handkerchief as if were a delicate treasure and up again. “My Lady, this is most kind..you have my thanks.” Nodding to his friend, Motto gestured to where he noticed a few noblewomen stood smiling by a table laden with fine things.

Motto’s heart was heavy. With each passing second it became increasingly clear that his victory was a lie. The meats and wine that awaited him would be savory indeed but was he truly deserving of them? Instead of feasting, the troubled knight continued to trudge his weary legs towards the creek.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 pm 

Kate noticed the young night was polite and headed to the creek as did her brother. It was no doubt they wanted to get cleaned up before joining the party. Kate opened the gate and let them pass. She called to them, "You both won the crowd's hearts. No shame in giving your best. You both should be proud. You are equally matched and well trained. Swordmaster should be proud. I know you both are disappointed. There is always next year."

Kate was then greeted by five maidens all talking at once about the match. "This one will go in the history books. There has never been a tie."
"They are both equally skilled. How long was the fight?"
"The set a new record of 11 candle wicks at least."
"Nope, I brought my sand timer it was 15 minutes when the fight master blew his horn."

Kate closed the gate behind the laden squires, "It was a fair fight and I will hear Jon talk about how he nearly won for a year. Motto got a hit just as a draw was called. Papa, will not allow a fight to finish after fifteen candle burns. This was a heart stopper. The town will be talking about it for a long time."

The young ladies helped feed the other knights. Kate sat on a log bench and held a plate of food in her lap. The squires brought their knights a change of clothes. Lyons had ordered new uniforms. They were green with gold epillips and each held the crest of House of Lyons over the left breast. The looked alike as one unit. This was a new fashion for many lords. Lord Lyons did not like red scarlet. Too easy a target he thought.

Kate was happy to at last speak to her father's elite. They were specially trained to guard the manor. The mage had watched many arrive as young boys, orphans, fatherless, and sons of fellow knights and townsfolk. They wanted their sons brought up by Lyons. He used many tactics from his training in the pits. He would not allow fatal or maiming blows.

After she ate Kate was kept busy with healing cuts, bruises, and bruised egos. She knew how each man fought and advised on their weaknesses. It was late afternoon before Jon and Motto headed to the Boars Tusk Inn. Kate saw them together sharing a joke in laughter.

"There you two are. Still friends. Heidie's is the best place in town to celebrate. You both bested twenty-six of your fellow knights. That is no easy feat."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:19 am 

I'm just here to RP

Motto’s spirits lifted somewhat in the cool waters; his light fatigue melting away the heat of his body also eased. A surprised expression betook him when fine clothes were brought and he felt lighter than ever with the soft fabric hanging from his shoulders. He would have to speak with the Master of games now that he was cleaned and dressed. Kate’s words echoing in his ears, the knight walked in silence to the Boars Tusk, laughing only when John asked if his tongue had been wounded by chance.

“Nay John. That would only be possible if you were able to get close to me.”

“Have you already forgotten my strikes then?” John raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"There you two are. Still friends. Heidie's is the best place in town to celebrate. You both bested twenty-six of your fellow knights. That is no easy feat."

“My Lady..” Motto’s smile faded a little as he turned to her. She was indeed a kind woman. “I shall celebrate once I have word with the Master of games. John is the tournament’s champion..my fight was aided by an unseen force and it is a dishonor to claim victory that is not truly mine.”

He bowed to the beautiful noblewoman and looked around to see if the games Master was enjoying drink nearby.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:06 am 

Kate was a bit concerned. Healing was allowed to the knights. She rushed beside Motto. "You are honorable and fought well. Must you speak to Lord Angerly? I tire of my brothers boasting. I only bent the rules. I meant no harm. If you must admit I aided you, Princess Amada will surely be made to address the graduation speech. All know I tutored her all these years. Chances are she cheated her want sitting next to me. Do as you must. I no doubt father drilled you be an honest and honorable knight."

Kate walked beside him wanting to feel his arm. They had just been introduced and she was in no hurry to be courted.
"What do I call you? I do not know your lineage or history. These years must have been difficult. No doubt we have seen one another. Jon and I rarely speak of our friends. I see you are well matched as sparring partners. Please do not be so hard on yourself. There is always next year and your not the only knight I kept healed today."

Kate felt her stomach flutter and tighten. She feared the young knight would turn her in. There were consequences to pay for aiding nights in a tournament. Healing by magic was limited when outside the mage guild school prior to becoming a full mage. Kate stayed hopeful either would change his mind or come up with a good story. She wanted to rush out and join the merriment at Heidie's. She was the shire's Lordship daughter and facing consequences was expected.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:49 pm 

I'm just here to RP

"I...My Lady, I shall keep silent on it for your sake. Your reputation is far more worth protecting than my pride!" With that, Motto laughed heartily and felt his worries fade. True honor resided in one's heart and not in one's deeds. "Ah.. well..you may...call me what you like, My Lady." The question flustered him a little..mostly he went by "you there," or "that one" on the ship. "I am Motto..my name, that is. I am a knight but of another territory..I suppose you can address me..how you like. Heh." He laughed awkwardly before giving his head a little shake. "My apologies, I do not talk very much with people. I have few words, My Lady." His smile was polite with a short nod.

Motto looked around for Jon in hopes he might join them and ease his clumsy way of conversation. Instead he locked eyes with one not so friendly man. Drandur. They were close once, but Drandur became strange and envious of Motto and ended up beating him in a drunken rage. It was unpleasant to distance himself from Drandur, but Motto knew not what else to do. Now the twisted acquaintance slowly made his way across the tavern and looked Lady Kate up and down with a subtle but vicious eye. "You fought well today."

Sir Motto shifted his stance involuntarily; Drandur was quick and strong. Even when heavy with drink, he was able to overpower him and do him harm. "Thank you. Sir Drandur, this is Lady Kate, the sister of my opponent. My Lady, Sir Drandur is ..my friend and we belong both soldiers to King Stenphak."

"It is a pleasure." Sir Dandur bowed low.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:27 am 

The lady mage picked up on Motto's caution and she never likes any male that eyed her like she was prey. There were people mingling in front of the tavern and protocol was called for. She wrinkled her nose and sucked in a breath, "I am sure it is Sir. Please excuse me. I am preoccupied and no. You may not do me any favors. Gaston will be happy to keep your horse and see your squire is fed."

Kate grasped Motto's wrist and whisked him to her table by the fireplace. Her table was almost full of men and ladies there were two empty seats on the side. Lord Lyons was accompanied by officers and two seats were empty and the foot of the table. As Kate approached the men stood up. She nodded and took a breath then looked at her father. "Good evening Sirs." The server rushed by and pulled out her chair on the end opposite Lord Lyons. As soon as she sat so did the officers. Her father began speaking about the Tournament.
Lord Lyons stood and raised his pewter pint and proposed a toast to all. "Welcome, Wildewooders. I give you the Tournament Champions. Sir Jonathan and Sir Motto. The first draw match in 15 years. A fight well fought. A thank you to our mages for healing wounds and bruised pride. No man was killed or mortally damaged. A successful tournament until next year Sir Jonathan and Sir Motto will share bragging rites. Here! Here!"

The entire tavern raised their glasses and mugs. Hoots and hollers were raised in unison. The moment was deafening. Kate was all smiles and looked upon both men with pride and much joy. She was handed a note and she broke the seal. Read the note quickly them slid it into her skirt pocket.

She clapped as the place erupted with mugs and fist banging on the tables. Jonathan and Motto were brought huge steins of ale and were kissed on the cheek by Heidie.
Heidie hugged them after their ale was set down on the table, "Congrats, This is ya reward an anything ya wants is on tha house. I gots a room and hot bath fur ya. Ya gave us a fight we'll won't forget. What would you like ta eat?"

The noise died down and voices were drowned by music. On a small platform, entertainers played lively music. Patrons danced by there tables. Heidi took their order and left, she turned and faced Motto. "This is your night. your name will be spoken in every household for the rest of the year."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:25 pm 

I'm just here to RP

The Knight squirmed inwardly at the continued praise but smiled in gratitude for the genuine kindness of the Lord and his men. A large stein of ale nearly obscured his vision and Motto did feel a kiss on his face. It was a merry time and his glass was drained. Music filled his ears and the knight asked for bird and potatoes.

"This is your night. your name will be spoken in every household for the rest of the year."

He would need another stein to rinse those words from his mind. Try as he might, the guilt was an opponent Motto could not vanquish. Ale could fend it off decently enough. Again and again, the Knight emptied his cup. He would find himself eyeing the pretty Kate throughout the festivities and felt glad for her company. Dancing had began and a pair of maids pulled Motto from his chair, laughing and coaxing him into the whirlwind of shoes and skirts. He knew not the steps but managed to stay upright white linking arms with several others and spinning.

Meanwhile Jonathan had insisted that Kate join him for a turn and took to dancing as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:30 am 

Kate was happy to see Motto joining in the dance as she took her brother's calloused hand. She fell into step as the tavern was filled with music, laughter, and dance in one big circle. Several minstrals took to fancy footwork on empty tables. Lively and traditional songs were played. Slower music was followed when "Ladies choice" was hollered. The mage courtesied to Motto after he drank his third ale.

"Would you like a moment of fresh air outback? I have an elixir that will dull a hangover in the morning. She dropped a vile of green liquid in his coat pocket. I hope you are not still upset with me. Tell me how I can make things up to you?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:53 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“Ah yes. Indeed I would be glad for cool air.” Nodding, the Knight did smile and offer his arm to the Lady. Once they were outdoors, Motto sighed and looked to the stars. He released Kate’s arm with awkward uncertainty, matters of etiquette were not his strength.

“The..elixir is very kind. I thank you.” Sir Motto hadn’t decided if he would make use of it yet, suffering pains of his deeds felt just and right..perhaps he would offer it to another? But then he would not honor Lady Kate’s gift.

".. I hope you are not still upset with me. Tell me how I can make things up to you?"

“My Lady, I am not upset! Please think on it no more. Put your worries aside and feel glad.” He could hear the music and knew it was a slower dance. One that required couples to remain close for it’s entirety. He couldn’t help but enjoy Lady Kate’s beauty and the alcohol was taking effect. “Grant me this dance.” He turned to Lady Kate and bowed before holding his arms open to take her. If she agreed, Sir Motto would hold her close and grin down at her. “I know not the steps but it seems easy enough.” He would attempt to lead but Sir Motto was a terrible dancer as well as feeling his drink. Over the balcony they went, the cold night air meeting with Lady Kate’s delicate skin and blowing her hair about before they landed in a bush.

The Knight would do his best to protect her from the fall, his hands flying to take hold of whatever he came in contact with.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:23 am 

Kate did not expect the tumble in over the balcony and fall broked by mulberry bushes. She was on top of Motto with him in a drunken state. She rolled off him and smoother her dress and tresses. "Motto are you alright?" She reached for his hand and his wrist was misshapen. She held his waist to get his footing. Once he stood up she cradled his wrist and let her mana's healing heat begin to work. She wrapped his swelling wrist with a dish towel hanging from a rope.

"There is more light in the kitchen." The mage removed a vile of red liquid from her skirt pocket. "Lucky for I still have a vile of healing for the pain."

Kate led him into the kitchen a chair was beside a stool at the far end of the prepping counter. Smells of fresh vegetables, savory meats, and sweetbreads permeated the room. After Motto took a seat she carefully unwrapped the cloth, poured more red liquid from the vile onto his broken wrist.

"Drink this slowly. Your drunk this may not work as quickly. Where are you sleeping tonight? In the keep or in the manor barracks?"

Kate handed him the vile with remaining red liquid, "You will be good as new in the morning."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:16 pm 

I'm just here to RP

It happened too quickly. Before Sir Motto was able to properly catch the Lady, she was crashing down upon him and he lay there stunned as well as pleased. He hadn’t been prepared to be in such a compromising position and rather than fret, Motto grinned. She was pretty and maybe there was a hope of romance with her! Still smiling, he studied Lady Kate’s appealing features as she rolled off to smooth her skirt and even when she took his wrist. It didn’t hurt. He only noticed her lips and little nose and her bright eyes. Her feminine proportions.

The Knight obeyed and sat down in the inn’s kitchen. When she handed him the vile of red liquid Motto grabbed hold of her hand and would not let it go. “I know not where I shall sleep this night. You have been too kind.” He released her hand with the vile still in her grip. “I do not care for medicines. If My Lady wishes to soothe wounds, there is a method I like best.” Sir Motto stood. “A kiss.” He lifted his injured wrist and bit his lip. “Ah yes and I believe I am hurt here as well.” He pointed to his shoulder. “And here.” He pointed to his neck.

The cook shook his head and continued chopping potatoes.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:36 pm 

Kate held her breath as she cradled his hand, "A kiss. Nothing more? Even drunk you are not in pain?"
The redhead lifted his arm misshapen wrist half-way up to her breast then bent down showing a little cleavage. She turned his palm up slowly and kissed his hand. "Motto, you will not want to use this hand for a few days. It is numb with love."
The cook noticed her from the corner of her eyes as she stirred a black pot in the fireplace. She winked at them. Kate heard her, "Careful Katie Lyons, you will steal the young knight's heart."

Kate held his hand in midair and glanced at the cook. She staired in Motto's eyes as she kissed his neck. "You, I have dreamed about. Only today, I learned you are Motto. You have my permission to ask Papa to court me. He will be delighted I have chosen his champion. Jon will inherit the title and lands. I want a simple life to have my own shop and practice healing mage arts. You go into battle I will be with the mages. Do you accept? Think upon this. Do not ask him tonight. You are not sober and cannot give him a valid reason for breaking your wrist. When you are ready, call on Papa at the manor. Wait here. I will arrange a room for you."

Kate released his hand and turned to the cook. "Please, Rosita, fix him a large mug of water and some coffee with hot chocolate. I will be right back."

Kate kissed him on the cheek then handed him a green herb. Eat this. It will settle your stomach and calm you."

The mage felt as if her heart would beat out of her chest. She wanted to shout to all she was in love and chose her suitor. Such an announcement was best done formally. Kate gave him a nod and small curtsy before leaving the large room to the innkeeper's counter. She turned to Motto and blew him a kiss as a servant girl of twelve years set the drinks on the table.
"'Ere ya are Sir. Me know tha Lady Kate. 'ows ya 'and? She gots strong powers. Ya knows this? I ain't never seen her kiss no man. Ya's lucky."
The cook hissed, "Ssaidie leave tha man alone. I need ya to fetch more milk."
The girl with blond curls pouted the ran outside, "Yes Mama"

Kate was gone but a moment and when she returned she handed a brass key to Motto. She grabbed a dish towel and joined the corners then cradled Motto's wrist slowly and gently placed it on the cloth. "Keep you hand elevated as much as possible." She tied the cloth behind his neck in a knot. "How's that?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:28 pm 

I'm just here to RP

As Kate held his wounded wrist close to her breast, Motto’s eyes fluttered helplessly downward to gaze on the intimate view while inhaling more than he intended at her kiss upon his hand. She told him it was numb with love and he sat there stunned. Had she said “love” just then?

"Careful Katie Lyons, you will steal the young knight's heart."

It was too late.

The Knight sat there in a daze as the feeling of Kate’s kisses still lingered upon his neck and cheek and hand. A green herb was still in his hand and a cup of hot chocolate sat untouched before him. His eyes seemed to flicker back to life once Lady Kate returned and Motto watched her in silence as she put his injured wrist into a sling.

"Keep you hand elevated as much as possible. How's that?"

He stood so quickly that his chair flew back and splintered against a wall. “I must marry you this very hour!” He roared. “I am wild with affection and happiness! Any man who stands in my way will have to fight me.” Motto turned to the startled cook and hollered, “Where can I find a Priest?”

His gaze returned to Kate and his good arm did take hold of her waist to pull her close. “My Lady, I am barely able to restrain myself. Even at this moment I …” his grip tightened. “I would pour myself upon thee…” Motto seemed to be trembling and abruptly released Kate as he stormed out. Cloak flapping behind him, the Knight strode back to the merry inn’s crowded tavern in search of his friend John.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:44 pm 

Kate was stunned by his sudden word. “I must marry you this very hour!"

The mage stood with her mouth slowly to close as he exclaimed, “Where can I find a Priest?”

Once Motto caressed her waist she hugged him back and pulled him close. The moment was broken as he swiftly left the room. She followed Motto after glancing at the cook. The elder woman looked up from rolling dough, "Hearts are breaking Katie. Ya found yaself a handsome knight."

The make grinned widely, "I only hope Papa will approve."

Kate scurried out of the kitchen to the main dining hall. She was greeted by three of her friends.

"Where did you go?" Chimed a lady in a blue long dress with her hair tied up in a blue ribbon that fell to the side.

The second held a mug and handed it to the mage, "Here you Katie. What were you doing in the kitchen? Is the cook alright?"

The third spun from dancing in her brother's arms, "Katie! There you are. Please, play your lute."

Kate hugged each girl. I and the cook are fine. Sir Motto hurt his hand. Thank you for the cider."

Kate saw Jon and Motto chasp arms and their voices carried to the corner of the room. The mage removed a well-loved lute from a leather case. She rejoined the other at the table where her father and sword master were in discussion. The lords and ladies returned to their seats as Kate strummed and tuned the instrument. She looked up from strimming, "Any requests?"

A brown headed girl the same age as Kate looked up at Kate. The blue ribbon was coming loose. She set a mug on the table, "Give us a traditional tune in celebration. These fine knight fought bravely this day."

Kate strummed and fingered the strings, "Aye. that they did." She played a knight's tale of love. "Join me in chorus."
She sang soprano voice and even tempo music that filled the inn. She was joined in voices and accompaniments of fiddle, flute, and drum.

All the time she played she kept her eyes on Motto occasionally looking at her lute.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:05 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“Jon! I seek your father this night! Please say that he is here and in a happy mood.” Sir Motto held his friend’s hand firmly. The expression upon his friend’s face was enough for the Knight to explain himself. “I have been fortunate indeed, meeting your dear sister Lady Kate. I am determined to marry her, Jon. Firstly I must get your fa--”

There was a noticeable hush in the crowded room as delicate notes drifted out from Lady Kate’s instrument. Sir Motto paused in his conversation and turned to see the lovely mage at a table with the sword master and another man. The song was unfamiliar to Sir Motto but it was pretty and he felt his chest swell at hearing her soft voice. All other voices and instruments went unheard by the wild-haired Knight. Sir Motto only stood enchanted and smiling. Once her song was finished, he began to go to her but stopped when a strong grip on his shoulder was felt. It was Jon. He nodded to where his father sat. “He is the one you seek, my friend.”

Motto nodded and made his way to the table were Kate was and bowed before her father. “I wish for your daughter’s hand, Sir. I am in love with her and will put aside my sword to work in the fields for her. I will protect her and provide for her. Please grant me her hand, Sir.”

“Ha!” Drandur stood behind Motto, his eyes burning with fury. “This Knight was a cheat in today’s fights..his word is false.”

Motto’s eyes widened but he did not turn to face the man who seemed to always watch his every move.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:30 pm 

Kate plucked the last string and ended the song. She watched as Motto approached her father. The mage felt uneasy as the older knight spoke abruptly and called her love a cheat and a lier. The room went silent. She gasped as she held the palm of her left hand over her mouth. Motto was drunk and in no condition to meet her father or wield a sword. Kate did not like the demeanor of Drandur and he made Motto more than nervous. She hated the rancid smell if fear. With her right hand in her lap, she wiggled her finger and behind her covered mouth, she whispered spell words.

Lord Lyons had taken a dring of amber dark ale then set his mug down in the table. The Lord gazed upon both Motto and Drandur, "This is all very sudden Sir Motto. Come, see me proper on the marrow."
He squinted and raised a brow, " You have strong accusations. Sir? Have we met? Who are you to accuse one of my elite knights?"