All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm 

Everything's as near or far as you wish for it to be.

User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Berkshires, MA
Blog: View Blog (39)

Offline
Right inside the gate of the large complex, Teo hid himself before the fruits; they were luscious and bright. And in his present condition, he would never argue with what he could or could not eat. It was an easy steal; he had done it many times. However, the merchant at the stand said she was in need of vegetables, not more fruits. And anyways, Teo's body seemed to desire some fresh vegetables. He had a small satchel inside his tunic, it could hold maybe a dozen vegetables. He could eat one or two now and sell the rest to the merchant or barter in exchange for other foodstuffs.

Teo had been here before; he had a rudimentary map of the place in his head. Very rudimentary; as far as he could tell, the vegetable patch was within the complex and to the left. If there was something else beyond it (other than the beautiful house that could be seen by a simple climbing of a tree) - he was not familiar with it at all. Besides, voices of workers came from that direction.

Since it was night, a candle is all he had; he dare not bring a torch for fear of being easily seen. But his candle could be mistaken for a fire fairy in the distance; he was sure to walk on the front of his shoes gently and try to walk on hard surfaces so as to leave as little footprints as possible. It was not hard, actually, to access the vegetable patch. But the sounds of the screaming silence un-nerved him; he was sure to get a pretty penny for these vegetables. He grabbed what he could; some corn. A few squash; tomatoes. That wasn't good, tomatoes were soft and could damage easily. Some vegetables that ... didn't seem to be identifiable very easy in the dark. When his satchel was full, he reached up to his ear and scratched, aiming to hear anyone who might catch him.

Assured by his senses that no one was near, he tiptoed away ... https://ibb.co/gpUWjJ

_________________
Image


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:15 am 

Lost somewhere.....

User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 am
Posts: 4703
Location: In USA- UTC-5
Blog: View Blog (1)

Offline
A small and I do mean small group were walking together. They had noticed that lately fruits and veggies were coming up missing. The much needed sustenance of the large community for this winter.
A raised hand and silence reigned and no movement. Minutes passed and nothing more could be heard during this time. Sharp eyes watched the scene as it unfolds…..
A male had crept into the garden and stolen some veggies as well as a few fruit. She did need some help in the garden but could she trust the man? She needed someone who would be a good salesperson, know the people in the outside world and could deal with them. Someone who needs a position and maybe a place to stay…….
As various thoughts came to her about the past scene, she noticed that the magic was lacking. Holes had developed in the barrier that surrounded her world. Not great big gaping ones but small numerous ones that would take a good many hours to find and replace. Which was not an easy task but when it is not your own magic, it is harder to patch the magic holes. She would have to destroy the old barrier carefully before raising a new one. That would take time to do and it is best to do with the utmost care.

Decisions were made about the next night for after all, first things first. The veggies had to be harvested early and the fruit as well. The animals will eat well but what else could she do? The process of removing the veggies started. She would begin to work on another project. To extend her property line and fence it off with not only a visible barrier but with a magical one. She knew that a warehouse would be needed and while her crew began their work, she went to the back of the property and began to walk off sections that would be used.
She worked the rest of the night and most of the day on the first step of her new home. When she finished, it was time to rest so that she could catch a their the next evening. One who would be her ‘assistant’.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:32 am 

Everything's as near or far as you wish for it to be.

User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:00 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Berkshires, MA
Blog: View Blog (39)

Offline
Last night had been somewhat easy for Teo; unfortunately, he had never been caught. Unfortunate because on the one hand, Teo wanted to make something of himself other than merely a robber and lode star wanderer. He had lost his tribe many years ago. And for another reason, it was lonely at night, eating stolen fruits and vegetables. His old tribe were "wolf riders", and occasionally, he would see a beautiful black wolf. But the black wolf came to him in dreams, and usually accusatory as if stealing was extremely bad karma. He didn't like it.

So, three nights in a row he had been successful in stealing food. Every night, he brought a satchel that was bigger than the one before, to carry more "inventory" for the local merchants.

This evening was different; Teo smelled the air. It was unusually fresh; the silence was quieter than normal. He closed his eyes and remembered being wrapped in his mother's arms as an elfing. All was at peace, as eerily as it appeared to be last night. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/81/3a/4f813a08d8d853e2aa4c595be32e4cbf.jpg

He had noticed in his morning walk that people were collecting this food; tonight might be difficult. There could be a lot gone; the tree of many fruits, which was all he knew how to call it, was easy pickings and he could exit very safely. But he knew to turn around the money, he would need to get the vegetables. He began to get cocky, looking around, and hearing no one, he strutted to the vegetable patch. He knew the way now, he didn't need a torch or candle light.

He placed again squash, tomatoes, carrots, perhaps some lettuce in his bag. He thought to himself; this is too easy. Maybe just a couple more nights and he would have enough that he could stop thieving. Who was he kidding; he was a thief and was always going to be a thief. He knew no other way.

"What?" he said outloud, looking around and not thinking anyone was there. His exasperated shout was due to a very peculiar and uneasy problem ... he could not exit the garden. He walked to where he knew there was an exit, but some sort of wall ... an invisible transparent wall maybe ... something stopped him. Using a flint and steel, he hurriedly started a fire on a broken piece of branch. Of course, that would not last long ... but it lasted long enough that he realized ... he was a mouse caught in a trap. Some sort of occult magic ... his mommy warned him of the dangers of occult magic. Anyone who knew how to perform it were devil worshipers ... they would eat your soul ... well, that is what the wolfriders convinced themselves of anyways.

He touched his ears again, wondering what might happen next. He was trapped here, no where to go. Whoever was responsible for this must have caught on to what he was doing. With the satchel in his head, he circled around himself like a wounded animal ... how would he get out of this? He stopped for a moment ... the wheels in his head turning ... turning.

He figured it out. He moved to the entrance/exit of the vegetable fields, but deliberately dropped the satchel, allowing vegetables and fruits to spill out onto the ground. Next, he looked for some of the higher corn stalks to hide behind. He didn't know when or if someone would come to look for the scene. But when he did, he would make up a story that he had followed the thief through to this section of the complex; that he was trying to chase him away and that whatever weird force field had stopped him, the thief somehow had gotten through, leaving the bag of goods behind. Ever since then, Teo would reason, he had been hiding in the corn stalks, not knowing how to get out. Since most criminals were humans, as long as he sold his story well ... this would just be a misunderstanding. He was sure of it ...

_________________
Image


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:31 pm 

Lost somewhere.....

User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 am
Posts: 4703
Location: In USA- UTC-5
Blog: View Blog (1)

Offline
While the mage was eating her meager meal, she heard the alarm go off. She quickly finished and went out to the garden with her staff. The staff had a light in the middle where a hole was. It shone out brightly so that the mage could see for quite some ways.
Tiny eager voices followed her, chattering away as they followed.

Once the Mage came to the veggie patch, she tapped the ground three times. A chair rose out of the ground with steps leading right to it. The Mage quietly walked up to the chair and turned to face the veggie patch. She pointed the staff and a set of tiny seats appeared. The tiny people who were 4 to 6 inches high, quickly found a seat to stand in front of.

The Mage held up her hand and there was a silence. She sat down then so did the tiny people. Once everyone was seated and waiting, the Mage call out.
“You may as well come out of hiding.”
She did not say that it was a he or a she or a thief or anything else. The Mage knew what she knew but how will the person defend himself?


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group; All Material is the Express Property of Creative Freedom RPG and Its Members | DVGFX2 by: Matt

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection