All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Wow, it's rainy.

Of course, Ari knew this, hearing the wind screaming like drunk college kids at a pool party and the rain slapping the window in an endless barrage of duh-duh-duh-duh-duh, but the fact only really hit home when he grabbed his raincoat and his cane, slammed the door open, and stormed outside, immediately regretting everything the moment the rain got its wet fingers all over him.

"I hate everything," he announced to the world, not that the world seemed to care. The world thundered loudly. Anger and frustration steamed in him, bubbling over the edges as he marched down the sidewalk, knocking his cane a bit more harshly than usually against the concrete. Tap, tap, tap. Usually the rhymic sound was a comfort, knowing he could maneuver around the world on his own as he darn well pleases, the tap tap scrape letting him know there's space to step, there's nothing in his way, but today the rain was thundering and his stepsister's words were swirling in his head.

"We can't make gulab jamun without the saffron," she had said. "You got the wrong thing, we need saffron."

"Sorry the store helper guy is just as incapable of reading labels as I am," Ari had huffed from the couch. "Can't we skip the saffron? It's only a pinch, isn't it?"

"We need the saffron," his stepsister said, as if to increase Ari's irritation levels to 10^100000. "The recipe says we need saffron! Wouldn't your mom be able to tell the difference if we don't put saffron in the sugar?"

"Ugh, I don't know!"

"Wouldn't you be able to tell the difference?"

"Does it really matter? It's just a pinch of saffron!"

"Maybe the pinch of saffron makes all the difference!"

"Oh my god, then I'll just go out and get stupid saffron!"

"It's raining like crazy out there, you can barely see anyt- !"

"Wow, I wonder why I don't care about that!" he had yelled over his shoulder, seizing his coat and his walking stick and flying out the door.

It really was stupid, but he couldn't go back now. Not when he has the feeling that he has to prove himself. Again. He can walk to the store by himself - it's fine. He's done it before - a little rain's not going to stop him.

The thunder was really loud today.

Really, really loud -

Ari had a feeling he wasn't where he's supposed to be anymore.

The second of scorching pain was a bit of a clue, but it was more the fact that he could no longer feel the rain hitting his skin.

After a moment of silence, he ventured a "hello?" into the empty space.

Last edited by willowflower on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:46 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

"I'm terribly sorry... I was throwing some lightning around and got careless. This hasn't happened in centuries. The guilt is really tearing me up. Coffee?" a voice asked. Suddenly the owner of the voice seemed to realize who he was talking to.

"Ari, right? I should say, pretty noble to go out for saffron in such a storm. You really weren't supposed to be dead yet, you know?"

"I'm sorry... I haven't introduced myself at all yet have I?" The voice chuckled.

"Really depends on who you ask, honestly. People call me Kami, Alla, God... one nutcase called me Aslan for some reason... C.S. Lewis was his name, I believe... point is you can't exactly go back to where you were..."

God smiled and pt a hand on Ari's shoulder. "But I can reincarnate you in another world. The air won't choke you there, that's important. And then there's the fact that there's actual sorcery and myths there. Figured I should at least make your new life fun amiright? Anything you want beyond that cane of yours in your new life?"

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:20 am 

Ari stood there, blinking, trying to properly absorb exactly what this strange new voice was telling him. Then he swatted the hand off his shoulder.

"Wha - I'm dead?! Did you just kill me?!" he said, his voice growing in volume and pitch every word. Alarm and doubt was filling his body at neck-breaking speed - wait, he didn't have a body anymore, did he? Or does he? Or does he think he still has a body because that's what he's used to and is just manifesting the feeling of hand on his freshly nonexistent shoulder? Is he even dead? Why should he trust this voice, save that it's supposedly God's and he's no longer feeling the rain above his head and the sidewalk beneath his feet?

"First off, how dare you accidentally strike me dead," he said, "And second of all, if this other magical world exists, why wasn't I born there first, and third of all -" he paused. He had been clutching his cane for dear life, but it was only just then he thought to try and touch it to the ground.

The ground didn't exist.

Well, that's just fine.

"What I want? I want -" he paused, swallowing. "Geez, I almost - what the heck, you just took my life! Without permission! I mean I know that's what usually happens when people die, but like! Still! I can't believe you think you can just, just get away with that with ooh a new magical world, cool new item, well guess what! I'm perfectly fine with my cane! In fact, why don't you get stuck in my cane, and tell me what's happening in this oh so cool world? I've always wanted a talking cane!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:51 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"You want a god... in your cane?" The voice asked rather hesitantly. "I suppose it's the least I can do. Very well, enjoy your new life!" A snapping sound was heard and seconds later there was a calm breeze, the rain of Ari's world no longer existing. "Welcome to Crovantz. The place you are in now is just south of the Capitol building. Oh... I should mention that if you say the words car, plane, or phone, people will look at you like you are crazy. try to stay away from words that refer to technology. Oh, but indoor plumbing exists here, so don't worry about having to bathe in a river and whatnot. Do you need any help getting to the city?"

A carriage passed by on a nearby dirt road as they conversed. "Hey! are you okay kid?" a voice asked from the carriage as it stopped. A hand would be felt on Ari's shoulder as the new voice, Presumably feminine in nature asked, "Can I give you a ride into town? I was headed there to drop off some produce. It can get really dangerous at night outside the city limits!"

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:02 pm 

A sound of horror emerged from his throat. "No technology?" he said. "No technology?! First you take my life then you take away the Internet -"

He jumped with a yelp when a voice came out of the blue (well, not completely out of the blue - he could hear the rumble of gravel under wheels, but still, he wasn't expecting anything directed towards him), followed by a hand on his shoulder. "Why does everyone feel like touching me today?" he muttered, shuffling backwards so that the hand dropped away. "And no, I don't need any help getting to the city," he said stubbornly just to be stubborn. "Besides, I don't know who the heck you are. Why should I trust you?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"I never asked you to trust me. You just looked like you would need help since you were mumbling to your cane and not really going in any particular direction." The woman said, her voice telling Ari that she was a bit offended that he was so quick to label her as untrustworthy.

"If you don't need help I get it, but the least I can do is leave you with the gate spell that leads to this tavern in town. Just in case you get lost or locked out of town." she said, handing him a piece of paper with -surprisingly- a braille inscription on it. "Don't stay out too late!" she said before she got back in her carriage and the sounds of the wheels on dirt resumed until they were out of audible range.

"She seemed nice." the god-cane said with a mirthful attitude.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 pm 

“Nice people are the worst,” Ari grumbled, tucking the god-cane under his arm to read the braille with his fingers. “Most I know this thing can blow me up or something. Hey, God of Cane, can I even do magic? Do I need like magic blood or years of study or something?”

He turned in the direction he heard the carriage leave. “Let’s see, nice person did say they were heading into town, right?” he muttered to himself as he started walking, sweeping the cane in wide arcs to feel out the path before him. “Well, at least I still have my body. And I have a built-in tour guide, so it’s not all bad,” he murmurs under his breath, lifting his head to breathe in the breeze sweeping through. “... oh, what am I talking about, I’m going to miss all the comebacks. And I may never dab again. This sucks.”

Then he reconsidered. “Unless... I can start the dab in this new world... and let it take over...”