All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:29 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate looked over at him, "Hello Syd. Have a good rest. Do not get up. Your back is healing. You sit up and you will be in pain. Stay. I will give you my mana. Then you can sit up. Hungry? It had been three days. Come relive yourself. My bathroom is on your left. Ann and I will help you."

Ann is a 30-year-old woman dressed in a long black dress with a high lace collar. She has a full apron over her dress. She speaks to him after Kate warms his back.

"Ya gave us a scare young one. You've been asleep in between fever and rants. How ya feel?"
She and Kate helped him sit up. "Now ya get ya land legs. No worry Katie and me, we got ya cleaned up. Kate trimmed ya hair and I brought ya sleep'en clothes. When ya ready hold onto us an we'll get ya ta tha toilet."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

Syndicate looked over to her and could only groan. He was bed sore. He turned his head unto the woman named Ann, a sense of familiarity flowed from her. He shook his head a bit, "Sore. Wait..." he moved a bit, "Days? What are you talking of? I could not have been out for days!" he sat up and looked about the room , "How could ii have been out for days?" he reached up and touched his hair. It was a bit shorter but... clean? He growled a little, "Toy what? You mean... bucket right?"

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:31 pm 

Ann and Kate took him by the arns, "You have nothing Dear I've not seen before. "
Kate blushed and onto his left side, "Ann, changed your clothes and you need to walk. Limp a little. You will get your strength."

The helped him to stand and walk at his gate to the bathroom. We will give you privacy. We have indoor privy and tub. The tub is not for you. We will take the sleigh as soon as you feel like it."

They get to the toilet and close the door.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:46 pm 

The time needed to use the restroom was over and down sooner than said. Least... thats how he felt. Syn had limped to the bathroom but luckily with the girl's help he got inside just fine. Once done and out of that room he looked to them both, "Can we go? I'd like to stretch out." he asked. Knowing his request could be denied even if they said they would. He rubbed his arms. Waiting in baited breath. Hoping maybe the air outside could make him feel better.

If you ever need me and can't really reach me here my discord is this: Fuming Saturn Sun#5565

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:03 am 

They entered the small space and led him out. Kate and Ann held him and they placed him on the edge of the bed. "Sit and eat your supper. It will be dark soon. Tomorrow you can see daylight and feel fresh air. You will be sore. Try to eat. Ann will help you if you can not hold your food."

Ann sat opposite Kate on the bed. Ann held his plate, "Eat Dear. This may be new to ya. This is boar with macaroni and cheese. This is what fresh fruit looks like. I prepared cut apples, bananas, and grapes. Kate told meh ya tasted gingerbread. For dessert, I made apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. You may have seconds on everything. We will work on manners later. You're starved more than you know. You will at full strength in a few weeks. "

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:49 am 

In all honesty he was a bit disapointed. Not being able to go outside yet. Sitting on the bed he looked to them and tilted his head. What was going on now? He held out his hands, taking the plate.He looked to the fruit then began to eat them. They tasted much better fresh. He was a fast eater. Though he was not too caring it he was a bit messy with the fruit. Those just tasted too good! When done he looked to them. Not sure if he was ok to ask for more. Even if they said he could.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:58 am 

Ann saw him eat all his food before raising his head. They were both glad he was hungry. Kate got up to add more food and glanced at Syn, "There is plenty here. Do you want the rest of dinner?" Ann touched his hair, "Young one, you may ask for more food. When you are better you can come to the kitchen and get food."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 am 

Syn watched the female and tilted his head but twitched upon the touch. Looking to Ann he glared a little. His eyes smomewhat flashing to the dragon ones. Looking back to Kate he nodded, "Please?" Though he really did not enjoy being touched suddenly. Normally that was not a good thing and it would take some getting used to.

Though he soon touched his head, "When... will we be able to go outside?" He asked before he shuddered a bit, "I... really want to be near water..." he muttered with his head down. As much as he hated to admit it, he really wanted to feel water on his skin without the aid of that plant.

If he wasn't so hurt. He would try to shift here... least near a window so he could leap out and fly away. Fly far away to water and just crash into the chilling liquid. Would he come back? Probably not but he did- promise to show Kate. As a dragon type- he could not break that word to her. Even if his soul was screaming for him to run away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 am 

Ann immediately recognized his eyes. "Kate, we have to get Peel right now. This is a matter of life and death. Get the covers on ya bed. The young one will not survive the night. It is lucky he woke up."

Kate frowned, "Why must we leave right this minute."

Ann sprang up, "Katie, this is a water wrym. He is a dragonkin. A gentle creature but in this prolonged state he will die."

Kate raced to the landing and called to her father's guard, "Captain, Get Peel and hurry. I need him to get the sleigh ready. Now. Hurry. Tell him to come to my room afterward."
In moments Peel bound up the steps. He carried Syndicate to the sleigh. Syn was bundled in blankets. Kate rushed to the back door and hopped into the sleigh. She attached the lanterns lit by the stable boy Achrin.

Kate was handed the reins of two horses and dashed from the drive to the meadow. "I will get you to water. I am so glad Ann knows about your kind. I trust her to know what she is doing. Hold on. I am taking you to the lake. It will be cold."

Kate kept glancing and hoped she would get to the lake. She never raced the horses this fast. The skids had been waxed and the snow was in full sun. When she got to the lake he was gasping for air.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 am 

Syndicate had no idea Ann recognized the dragon's gaze, the gaze begging for help and notice. All he knew was he was cranky. Tired and wanted to just run. His soul was yearning for the water for a good reason. He was dying. Dying and needed to be submerged in water. Since he had been eight years old he mostly kept his dragon form hidden from sight unless discarded into the darkest part of the dungeons of Malora's castle. Only a few times did he take the form but had to stop when the guards began to catch on that a creature was in the dungeons. The male looked to them before he fell over. The wind ripped from his lung as his body began to shut down. He looked asleep from all of the excitement.

Yet the excitement did not die down as he lay prone waking up here and there, looking to Ann with a gaze that thanked her for telling Kate. Closing his eyes once more he felt his body lifted. It was now a race.

The cold did not enter the skin of the male as he was placed in the back of the carriage. Wrapped in the blankets of Kate's bed the male tossed and turned as a fever began to rise and run rampant through his body. The ride was riddled with bumps and leaps that caused Syn to nearly scream. Speed took them over the landscape as he felt his senses suddenly shut down. The world went silent. Deaf.

His eyes opened as he could smell the lake... the fish riddled waters. His breaths were gasps and chokes as his lungs were collapsing. Almost like a fish out of water. Moving he clawed his way to sit up as he gripped his throat. Trying to pull his airway open, gasping and failing to keep awake as he fell from the carriage. Pushing up his eyes looked to the water. Ice crested over the glistening black mass underneath. His body could feel it. He needed to get to the lake.

One look as Kate...

One look at the ice...

Standing he wobbled, lifting his foot he walked through the snow. His skin red from the damp snow. Dropping the blanket he walked. Each step was one of pain. Walking through the snow. Each step crunched a little under his weight before he got onto the ice. It groaned and creaked under the pressure of his form. Never once did he look back- even as the ice cracked open under the weight of his body as his legs gave out. Falling into the water with a splash. A soft spray of water went up as his form... vanished beneath the surface and the shattered ice.

(OOC: Need music for the moment? Use this track TSFH Music Link )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 am 

Daylight faded to dusk. Kate's heart sank he struggled in the snow and fell into the lake. His body disappeared and the lake engulphed him. This was the lake of ancient dragons. Would he survive or die at the bottom? The mage fell to her knees as her tears flowed. She sang to the ancestors in kope they would heal him. She could not get into the frigged water. Sunlight of the day melted the ice. She confident he could come for air if the ancients permitted him to live.

Kate's prayer was in the draconian language that Ann taught her. It was not appropriate for the moment one was dying. She offered the prayer in a song to the spirits.

Dragons of old
Sages of time
The guardians of the lake
I pray to you

My heart is light
My soul is strong
My life is pure

I give an offering of love
Take it as a blessing
Renew my spirit

For all I give to you.

"Guardians of the lake. Take back your wayward kin. Renew, restore, and revive him. He was a gift and I return to you. This your kin should have never been taken from the Nether. The land of your dragon-kin's birth. Give him life and your protection. Please teach me to read the sacred writings in you cave beneath the lake. Yours forever, Lady Katheryn Lyons."

Kate raised Please allow him to live. Don't let him die at such a young age."

In the fading light of day, Kate saw ripples where the water engulphed him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm 

Bubbles passed his idle form as he sank further into the darkness. His skin no longer burning as the water engulfed him. Flakes of the human skin began to wash away showing the scales hidden underneath. Rays of sunlight fell through the water like a soft veil. Cresting down and around him in the darkness of the water. His breath was gone, but before the water could enter his lungs- his eyes shot open. Hues of green crested in a lime and blue tone with a serpent like slit glowed in the darkness as his body hit the floor. It was then his body began to fight the darkness. Holding the remainder of his last breath- Syndicate fought as he pushed up. His hands, feet, legs, just his entire body began to shift as wings shredded out of the skin on his back. Forcing himself to the surface as his body shifted.

The water rippled with the sudden change under the surface. The ripples then darted to the shore before the crest of a head emerged from the lake itself. Cresting out of the water in a short wave was a creature of white and grey hues. Chin raised to the sky as a cry passed the sharp teeth of the dragon that now spread its feathered wings outward then folded at the sides of its form. Clawing up the snow bank it pulled its cream like form upon the shore. Coiling in a half moon around Katelyn as it lowered its heavy head.

Upon the head of the dragon from the nose to the forehead was a set of rough navy blue scales that jutted out like teeth in places; from the canine like nose to the beginning of the cresting crown of horns that went about his head and curved behind his ears. His skull under the skin was shaped like that of a horse till the jaw where some spikes reached out. Each spike was a dark slate color, matching the under belly stripe that ran from his jaw to the end of his rib cage.

Crossing his legs the dragon laid down. The wounds from before were more or less scars throughout his fur. Yet his body didn't seem to be disabled from them. His size from Nose to tail tip was roughly ten feet long while from head to paws he was six feet tall.Folding his wings they seemed to vanish into his sides but they were there, just matched the color of his fur. Under the wings, the feathers were dark grey. He honestly looked like a storm cloud in coloration but had a pelt pattern of a wolf dog. As well he had no hind legs like a Lindwyrm but was a mix of that and an Amphithere.

Syndicate moved and put his head near Katelyn. Eyes gazing into hers. The gentle gaze held the battle torn beast in them but they seemed to hold a joy. A joy of being able to shift after so long.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:58 pm 

Kate watched as a dragon serpent emerged. She blinked as the creature approached her. She could see a partial transformation. The beautiful water dragon. Ann showed Kate pictures of similar creatures. He crept close bowed his head, Kate reached her arms toward the gigantic head. She smiled widely and curtsied as if to a King. "Your Highness. All non-dragons bow to you. Syd? Syndicate you are majestic. She cried as she hugged his jaw. This is you and the ancient ones restored you. Look at you. You are amazing. You have wings. Oh, Syd, you can fly."

She was in awe of him and squealed in delight. She jumped and clapped. Kate touched her heat. "They did it. You are alive. Turn around. May I see all of you? How do you feel?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:49 pm 

Syndicate looked down at her before nudging into her hands. The girl he was gifted to was the first to see the form of his true self. The adult dragon. She seemed so happy. Though he wasn't sure. He was no noble. He grew up along side the humans. Farmers. Not nobles. He moved his head away and looked to his wings. Stretching them out he nodded. Moving back a bit he reared up on his snake like body and curled his legs up to himself, outstretching his wings he flapped them lightly before holding them and lowered. His claws moved and he moved around her. Showing off the long form and the slated fur on his tail tip. Laying in the snow he rolled a bit and then rolled onto his belly before shaking a bit. Nodding to her. Though after a moment his lips upturned and he began to speak, "You are the first in years to see the truth I have hidden since I was a child. Thank you for bringing me to the lake. I feel healthier."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm 

Kate took a breath and rushed to his right wing. She reached for the flight feather, "Please, May I touch your feathers. I would love to have the ability to fly. To see the heavens and look down in Terra Firma. Cyd, You are not a pet and not an animal that is made to ride with reins and a saddle. In this form you are free. But please keep hidden from human-like beings. There is still injustice toward dragon-kin. I know some people here are hidden dragons. If anything happened to you I would feel responsible."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 pm 

Folding one wing close to his body he looked to her and wrapped the wing about her slightly, "Touch if you want... " He looked away. Moving he chomped some snow and swallowed it, "You own a dragon. My life is yours." He said and nudged her gently, "I'm still weak... I can't fly, i can swim..." He looked to the carriage, "m'lady... I am thankful for it all... I have to hide my form but... Even if I am not free... I wouldn't be able to. I'm too used to being owned." He looked to the lake and snorted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 pm 

Kate glided her hand over his feathers where she could reach. "You are beautiful. I am so glad you want to stay with me. Do you need to return to the water? Please stay as long as you want. Hmm, Syd if you want, you could fit in the barn. The stall in the back is private. I can bring you back to the lake after breakfast. What do you eat?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:47 am 

There was no possible way for him to leave her, she saved his life in the short version of it besides being a gift to her. His eyes closed and he laid his head in the snow, shimmying his form to make the snow form about him. His arms moved and tucked under his chest as he laid flat. If he had his head hidden, he'd look like a snow drift. His eyes cast upon the lake as he growled, "The snow is made of water and feels nice on my body. I don't need to be submerged now... I did... Because I needed to wash away the form I take when posing as a mortal man. I've been in that form too long and doing so made me vulnerable... To where I nearly died." Lifting his head he looked to her, "If you had not taken me- I might have died. For that- my life is now yours." He then laid down again and ate more of the snow for a little. Chomping down on it and enjoying the fresh fluff, "Fish, wild game, domesticated animals... Like cows or such - it really doesn't matter. Most water dragons eat fish and kelp or other water plants. I eat anything. I like wild game mostly. Sure dragons can out eat people but I'm used to small meals." He folded his wings and sat up, chuffing like a tiger before speaking, "How will you get me into the stable? Do you want me to follow in the snow? No one can see me in the snow - I blend well with it." He said and shook out his body a bit. Making his fur much fluffier.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:09 pm 

Kate listened as her heart sank. “No one deserved this. She was happy she was the one he’d have to rely on. She would give him a boundary. He could get his own food. No, he could not live alone. She would not want him to. Hearing him admit this made her sad.

She would let him keep his form as a dragon. This was his true form and he did not look scary. His colors were dull and he looked too thin. A few good meals and he’d be able to hunt.

“Syd you have been starved. Do you think you can make it in your form to the stable? I will get you meant from the smokehouse. Tomorrow, you can explore your new home and hunt. I will go with you to make sure no one harms you. This is a good hunting ground for the game. There are ranches with beef. You cannot steal. You get hungry for domesticated animals and I will bring them from the market. Down in the bottom of the lake is the best catfish."

She saw him eating the snow and laughed. “I hope that is for fun. I can show you fun when the lake freezes overate felt the air getting colder as the sunset. “Sys, I know where to put you at night. You can stay in the back of the manor when you get well in the ballroom. We will make you a bed and build you a pool. For tonight, I will sleep with you in the guest room. There is a king-size bed. You need to go potty. Go out in the woods. I will go with you until the guards know your part of the household. You follow me as far as you can. You will be safe as you blend in. The snow will keep you warm enough for me to bring you choice pieces. I can replenish what you eat tonight. The soldiers will have to eat chicken."

Kate watched as he fluffed his fur and she ran to him and hugged him. “You are going to thrive here. I will never leave you. Not where. you feel abandoned. I am so happy your alive and can spend the rest of your days in your true form. Syd, understand I will never treat you as a slave. Those days are over. I will treat you as dragon friend. I will never raise my hand to hurt you."

She saw how fast he could walk in the snow. When he could no longer keep pace, she stopped the sleigh. He was a hundred feet from the manor. They were inside pasturelands. She hopped out of the cage and placed her hand on his front paw.

“As tempting as the horses are. They are raised for knights and royalty. Do not eat them or my father will be angry at both of us. Make a snow house. I will be back with a sleigh full of food. Do you want a sweet treat?”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 am 

Being in his dragon form was amazing, more than he ever could have realized. This girl, one he was slowly coming to trust, proved beyond herself that she was going to be someone he could call friend. The girl he honestly had to depend on to live his life here. Away from Malora. He was free but he didn't know it. If he knew he was free he'd honestly not know how to survive by himself.

Chuffing out a few more times be looked to her, listening. What was stealing? Was that bad? Had to be if she said not to. Though he nodded a bit, "I'm not sure how far my body can make it but I'll run as far as I can." Though he did salivate a bit at the mention of catfish. A bland tasting creature but so good when grilled. Just the thought made him hungry again.

Shaking his form he lined up next to the carriage, "I will take human form sometimes... I don't want people to know I'm a wyrm. Especially since I can do magic. " Yet once hugged he let off a snarl. Not expecting the sudden affection. Once done and she was running the horse's he snorted and took off. Clawing the snow as he leaned forward. Running on his two legs before dipping down and slithered like a snake for a few moments before running again. Soon stopping and fell in the snow.

Head and body stretched out. His paw moved and touched her hand. Patting it before looking to the horse's, "They look good but I've heard they don't go down well. I'll stick to elk." He pushed up and arched. Diving into the snow he made a done of snow that resembled a hill before using his magic, as weak as it was, to make it somewhat solid. Curling uptight he clawed a hole big enough for Kate to get in if needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next